Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria (39971 Views)

Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / All Three APC Senators From Niger State Lost Out In Primary Election: Photo / All The 3 APC Senators In Niger State Lost Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Okobola146: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2022
Campaign after election

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by faithfull18(f): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2022
Let's wait and see. Most governors do not perform well in their second terms.

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Gbeng30(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2022
it's quiet unfortunate that some people we just sit at their home and analyze rubbish, Oyetola is part of the administration that brought debt upon osun state.
Whatever crisis osun state is going through today interms of finance it's was a collective effort of aregbesola and Oyetola doing.. It's high time we stop them from taking osun money to Lagos...criminals

5 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Gbeng30(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2022
Gbeng30:
it's quiet unfortunate that some people we just sit at their home and analyze rubbish, Oyetola is part of the administration that brought debt upon osun state.
Whatever crisis osun state is going through today interms of finance it's was a collective effort of aregbesola and Oyetola doing.. It's high time we stop them from taking osun money to Lagos...criminals
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by PS712: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2022
blamingthedevil:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1548932891383562240

Statistics

OSUN STATE INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — DOMESTIC DEBT

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — EXTERNAL DEBT

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

LEAST UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE [2020]

1 Osun
2 Benue
3 Zamfara
4 Sokoto
5 Ogun

LEAST POOR PEOPLE [2019]
1 Lagos
2 Delta
3 Osun
4 Ogun
5 Oyo

#StatiSense
(NBS)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1549105244130402305
Decrease in domestic debt and increase in foreign debt (which is in dollars) and raises debt profile higher. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.

2 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by siraj1402(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2022
They will not listen. I am still expecting Adeleke to bring money from their house to pay salaries and put infrastructures in place. Is it not money available that he will use? We are waiting.
My only problem with APC is the Oyetola nomination, the guy is too dull.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Gbeng30(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2022
Best governor indeed
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by angelfallz(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2022
Promote his work on national TV ke? Or do you mean to say state tv?
walefresh3:

Similar things was said on channels tv today .... I heard that the man really performed ....but he failed to promote his work on national TV...

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2022
Chinjo2:
Let him go to Tonubo to appoint him as the sole contractor to supply Nigera soldiers with Corn, Cassava and Agbado
You forgot ewa.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by bewla(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.
It's to late to cry

We make decisions base on sentiment
You are right what they want is sharing of money nobody want to work

Let's see how many time he will dance in office

Your papa live money you they enjoy
How do you make your own is what make you a man to me

4 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2022
ERockson:
When I listened to my brother/a civil servant in Osun State about one of the reasons for wanting Oyetola out of power. "That he has performed well in his first term and they believe he's coming in the second term to deal with them or perform less[b]. That he refused to pay numbers/years of halves salaries Aregbe was owing,[/b] though he pays full as at when due. The man is a very good man I swell to gods.

'Not Aregbe owing' but Osun State Government owing. Sometimes I wonder why politicians don't know that Government is continuity. The Osun State Government has no reason not to pay part salaries owed by previous administration.

If he had met with the workers and agreed that those salaries should be forgone for the overall benefit of the state because of its finances that's a different ball game.

As an administration, one inherits both the assets and liabilities of previous government.

5 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Mom007(f): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2022
juman:
They would cry soon.
Their new governor would owe them six months salary at a time.

He spent to much money to get there. His first goal is to get his money back and profit.
This is poverty mentality. Its poor people that think like this and thats why they see every position as an avenue to make money. Even if you give them a lecturers job, NEPA job, even gateman job, they will think of how to exploit others and enrich themselves much less a political appointment...
My brother look very well at the Adeleke family... Look ad Davido... Look at their record of philanthropy... Not everyone is out there to enrich themselves, not everyone is a thieving psychopath. Some few people are still interested in a good name and service to humanity. Let's just watch and see how things play out. Let's all keep wishing Nigeria the best and praying for good leaders. Let's say no to political Godfatherism and puppet governors as it frustrates development. How can the state develop when a fixed portion of the allocation of a whole state is paid to an individual in the name of godfatherism?

2 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by angelfallz(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2022
Wow, you don't mean it!
So, Oyetola was busy dealing with those that he did not like?
ThatFairGuy1:
You people don't understand what truly transpired, that's why you're taking those emotional people seriously.

Oyetola was NEVER Aregbesola or any APC Leader in Osun candidate.

Oyetola was an unpopular candidate, He was forced on Aregbesola and Party in general by Tinubu.

Because Aregbesola didn't want to fight his Leader, he agreed with him and campaigned for Oyetola AGAINST THE WISH OF OSUN APC LEADER.

That's why some of them decamped and even cast aspersions on Aregbesola and not even Oyetola then. They felt he betrayed them by accepting Tinubu's choice.

Oyetola got there and start dealing heavily with anything or anyone that's not in his camp.

Even he jailed Osun APC TOP Leaders
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by UrPapa: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2022
Even as a senator, he did nothing, he was only known as the dancing senator. The adeleke man will probably be a flop but I’m hoping he proves me wrong

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2022
juman:
They would cry soon.
Their new governor would owe them six months salary at a time.

He spent to much money to get there. His first goal is to get his money back and profit.
Abegi... Make we hear

Because your preferred party lost abi?
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by NoToTerrorists: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2022
YungMillionaire:

And you are an Obituary thug. An ipig/ipob miscreant.
Sunday Igboho Executioner. Is this how you guys plan to achieve Yoruba Nation?

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Jemex003: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2022
derecho:
Whatever anyone want to say, never forget that his link with Tinubu was a factor.
Tinubu is anathema to angry Nigerians.
What happened was protest vote...simple

I’ve not see you posted something with brain for your life. Why are you so sad about Tinubu? What does Tinubu have to do with this? You’re just brainless.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by PointZerom: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2022
GeneralPula:
Wow, I honestly didn’t know he did well up to this extent..

He didn’t borrow money yet he was able to pay salaries & manage the state so well..

Make Osun people dey pray because Pdp no dey take eye see treasury..

You're right, you can see PDP looting machines on parade.

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2022
It shows that Nigerians are the problem to themselves not the leaders. We only look to vote the popular and not the learned or the leadership matured or the experienced. Ademola have nothing but dance and hip-hop to offer in osun

8 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by 752hub: 11:32am On Jul 19, 2022
talk to the facts not to the messenger.... lets engage smartly

nairavsdollars:
You are one of his appointees. Sorry about loss of job

2 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by tctrills: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2022
blamingthedevil:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1548932891383562240

Statistics

OSUN STATE INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — DOMESTIC DEBT

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — EXTERNAL DEBT

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

LEAST UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE [2020]

1 Osun
2 Benue
3 Zamfara
4 Sokoto
5 Ogun

LEAST POOR PEOPLE [2019]
1 Lagos
2 Delta
3 Osun
4 Ogun
5 Oyo

#StatiSense
(NBS)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1549105244130402305
The voters did not want him and that tells me he wasn't as good as your stats claim.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by mycar: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Check the naira equivalent of the external debt and check the dollar equivalent of the IGR, you can compare the purchasing power of the IGR of 2015 in naira to that of IGR of 2022 in naira.
He used parts of the external debt to service the domestic debt. when you convert all the data to one currency with the respect to the exchange rate at the time question, you'll understand better

2 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:

ThatFairGuy1
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2022
famology:
Aregbesola killed Osun State. Oyetola must be really skillful to have managed to keep the state afloat. As we speak Osun is on negative federal allocation because debts are being deducted from source. Many people don't know the situation Aregbesola left Osun State. I just dey laff oooooo......the man has done his best, it's time to move on and allow Adeleke to also try. Let's see what Adeleke can do differently. I remember how soludo was making noise everywhere until when he saw the books his complaints started. Less than 6months he's demanding for a loan of 100billion naira already. Lol.......
This does not add up. If the state is in debt and negative federal allocation, how come the political appointees I know there became billionaires since their appointment? Infact, I think Osun state is richer that rivers and delta states.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:

The average Nigerian voter is unfortunately very ill-informed. The man did well with the shïtshow Aregbe left for him

11 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2022
Chinjo2:
Let him go to Tonubo to appoint him as the sole contractor to supply Nigera soldiers with Corn, Cassava and Agbado
Their true colors
Even if the pope commended him u would still hate him cos of tinubu.
May God cleanse u of hatred

5 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Amayabor1: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2022
I'm not from Osun state but I want to ask some pertinent questions;

1. Was this same Oyetola not part of the Aregbesola's administration that you all are vilifying now?
2. When Aregbesola worked for Oyetola to rig the election (even though we know PDP won), he was a good man abi? Now that he didn't work for APC, na now una know say he left a huge debt for the state.
3. Is it true that part of Osun's finances goes to Lagos/Tinubu? If yes, then Osun people have every right to reject Oyetola and anything that represent APC/Tinubu. If he likes, let him be the best governor in the whole world. People generally tend to reject subjugation, especially when the person that wants to lord over the people is not regarded as one of them. It happened in Edo state. Obaseki, based on performance should have been voted out. But when Tinubu came out and told Edo people to vote for Ize-Iyamu, the APC candidate, the PDP capitalised on it and the Edo people saw it as Tinubu trying to come to Lord it over Edo people. That was how APC lost woefully.

Mr poster, beg Tinubu to reduce his over bearing influence in the affairs of other states. Democracy will die if Tinubu becomes president. He is not a democrat. If he is president, the whole 36 states will be governed by APC.

5 Likes

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by angelfallz(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2022
The bolded,
Bros, Do you know what you are saying? Workers should forgo their salaries? Shey man no go feed him family abi?

ExudeLoveToAll:

'Not Aregbe owing' but Osun State Government owing. Sometimes I wonder why politicians don't know that Government is continuity. The Osun State Government has no reason not to pay part salaries owed by previous administration.

If he had met with the workers and agreed that those salaries should be forgone for the overall benefit of the state because of its finances that's a different ball game.

As an administration, one inherits both the assets and liabilities of previous government.

1 Like

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by illuminutty: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2022
Adeleke will be worse than Okezie Ikpeazu(Abia) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi(Enugu) combined. They all have two things in common: loud mouth and loads of body fat.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February / Thousands Of Hostages Rescued As Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters In Borno.PICS / How Intelligence Reports Foiled Saraki’s Near Escape From CCT Trial – Ripples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.