Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria (39985 Views)

Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / All Three APC Senators From Niger State Lost Out In Primary Election: Photo / All The 3 APC Senators In Niger State Lost Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by excess4luv: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
famology:
Aregbesola killed Osun State. Oyetola must be really skillful to have managed to keep the state afloat. As we speak Osun is on negative federal allocation because debts are being deducted from source. Many people don't know the situation Aregbesola left Osun State. I just dey laff oooooo......the man has done his best, it's time to move on and allow Adeleke to also try. Let's see what Adeleke can do differently. I remember how soludo was making noise everywhere until when he saw the books his complaints started. Less than 6months he's demanding for a loan of 100billion naira already. Lol.......

Payment of salaries isn't the only function of the government,, formulation of viable policies to support and grow SMEs is one of the numerous functions.
Borrowing isn't bad but the sole aim for borrowing is the issue, most big companies run on bank loans, almost 70% of major importers today run on loan, the issue is the management of the loan so as to service it.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by cashmyles: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
Oyetola had no money to throw around but he could placed over #2m in a polling unit for vote buying during election. Stop deceiving yourself
Benz4pimp:
the devil they know is better than the angel they have not seen….most Apc leaders in Osun worked for adeleke because oyetola had no money to throw around…OBO’s father was handy with cash.Osun go hear am
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
spearman:

My brother, I dislike that Tinubu pass anyone on this earth. I before I saw my village on his Biafrauud map).

First your dislike for Tinubu is unfounded, Tinubu is no saint, but Tinubu is the greatest contributor to The yoruba land.

Second, I always knew Kanu was fraud, when he said he never accepted Biafra secession until Niger Delta was added as part of Biafra. If Kanu succeeded, Igbo people will have an idi Amin. Plus I’m sure Niger delta people will not gree

Third, If you will agree with me, if not for Tinubus leadership, Lagos will not be where it is. In terms of technological expertise. Someone argued it has population and port, but we forget that in 1999, Kano was more populated and had agriculture, while PH had a port and even oil money, yet Lagos suppressed them all. This attests to His leadership and expertise.

No one is perfect, what we should want as a country is someone that can do the job, someone with connections and experience and resources. Tinubu will be a man on his own, able to make his own decisions. Thats the only reason for me supporting him.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by famology(m): 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
excess4luv:

Payment of salaries isn't the only function of the government,, formulation of viable policies to support and grow SMEs is one of the numerous functions.
Borrowing isn't bad but the sole aim for borrowing is the issue, most big companies run on bank loans, almost 70% of major importers today run on loan, the issue is the management of the loan so as to service it.

Maybe you should ask Aregbesola why he wasn't able to pay salaries?
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
excess4luv:

The companies don’t borrow loans to pay salaries or recurrent expenditure, the borrow to develop.
Also, if all your salary is 100,000 and you are paying 80,000 as debt, how is that Viable?

It is true about the policies, but do they really do that?
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.
What Okoto nonsense are you saying guy??
Even when Oyetola and Aregbesola were on good terms in 2018, Osun indigenes still voted for Ademola before they stole his mandate on the grounds of technicality. Abeg no dey yarn lies for here, Osun indigenes full this forum guy. grin

And to correct another lie you said up there, Aregbesola didn't share money to people at all. If you believed that he was sharing money to Osun indigenes please tell us how much you collected from him during his tenure if you're from Osun state. I hate liars with perfect hatred.
If Ademola refuses to turn up too, he'll get voted out in 4 years time.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Benz4pimp:
the devil they know is better than the angel they have not seen….most Apc leaders in Osun worked for adeleke because oyetola had no money to throw around…OBO’s father was handy with cash.Osun go hear am
Bros, APC gave people more money during the election than PDP o. I saw it with my eyes no be rumour, APC dey share 10k give voters for here while PDP gave people 5k.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by excess4luv: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
famology:

Maybe you should ask Aregbesola why he wasn't able to pay salaries?

Did you read my last sentence?
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
garfield1:

Gbam.so many ss prefer atiku. I struggle to convince them to vote obi
February still far. New situations can arise, the wind can blow in anyone's direction. But BAT2023 InshaAllah
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Naira20: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Learn to spell brain before insulting people...dirty mouth
tribalmall:
So there was no vote buying in Osun or are you Brian dead. You didn't not see where police parade both APC n PDP member caught buying votes.

Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
Larryton:

Must you attack your own, that's what yoruba are good at, snitch.

If your own is a betrayer who brings in armed robbers and murderers, does he/she really belong to you? Is it wisdom to follow someone who hands an ethnicity over to genocidal killers?
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by ridbell01(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Adexxi:
You've said it all bro. I don't want to comment on nairaland till month-end but I was mesmerized by your write-up.

We looked at Oyetola till we pushed him into canal . Let all those Apc miscrants continue to open more threads to justify Oyetola. They are never from our state .

More Apc memebers will lule in 2023, Ajibola Bashiru will surely lule. Era of Apc in osun is over
SRJ most lule he has betrayed the person that the person that brought him to limelight
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by neighbourhud: 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
seunmsg:
Oyetola is a very brilliant guy but he was designed to fail as a governor by Rauf Aregbesola. Unfortunately, Nigerians are very ignorant of what the issues are so they tend to make the wrong political decisions at every election cycle.

Oyetola’s major offense was not executing big contracts and sharing money like Rauf did. Some, especially Osogbo people also hated him for fighting Rauf. But truth be told, what’s in Rauf’s legacy that should be continued? Crazy debt? Crazy religious policies? Crazy educational policies? None payment of salaries? What exactly?

The governor inherited a crippling debt portfolio from Rauf. The state’s monthly allocation was not even enough to meet the servicing of the debt left by Aregbesola not to talk of paying salaries and executing contracts. Still, he managed to keep the state together.

He had two choices as governor, take more crazy loans that the state can’t payback in the next 100 years or cut down on government projects and prioritize payment of salaries, repayment of loan and execution of only emergency projects. He choose the second option and got punished for it.

People, including political contractors simply wanted huge contracts to be awarded everywhere without caring about where the money would come from. They wanted a governor who would come to Osogbo round about and stand on the roof of his car and share money. Oyetola refused all these and they hated him.

I sincerely wish Ademola Adeleke well but I’m eagerly waiting to see what he will do differently considering the huge debt portfolio of the state.

You nailed it... The leaders are not the problem, we are! We turn them to the monsters they have become and if any sane head In government rejects the pressure, he/she is offered as a burnt offering. Sad embarassed
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by garfield1: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
Norwichsailor:

February still far. New situations can arise, the wind can blow in anyone's direction. But BAT2023 InshaAllah

Bat? Am surprised.I thought you are atikulated
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Bros, APC gave people more money during the election than PDP o. I saw it with my eyes no be rumour, APC dey share 10k give voters for here while PDP gave people 5k.
APc shared 10k…u just said apc and not oyetola…oyetola did not share pin to party leaders
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
cashmyles:
Oyetola had no money to throw around but he could placed over #2m in a polling unit for vote buying during election. Stop deceiving yourself
I believe you are educated,who said it was oyetola that placed 2m at the polling unit?prove it…Atimes we just spew whatever we like for no just cus
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by BigSam13: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
dz statistical guy needs psychiatric test, I retired since 2012 and haven't got my gratitude, youths in the state are jobless, majority depends on okada
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
garfield1:

Bat? Am surprised.I thought you are atikulated
Nope I prefer tinubu to him.
If not tinubu let obi have it.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Corto: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
blamingthedevil:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1548932891383562240

Statistics

OSUN STATE INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — DOMESTIC DEBT

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

OSUN STATE DEBT PROFILE — EXTERNAL DEBT

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

LEAST UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE [2020]

1 Osun
2 Benue
3 Zamfara
4 Sokoto
5 Ogun

LEAST POOR PEOPLE [2019]
1 Lagos
2 Delta
3 Osun
4 Ogun
5 Oyo

#StatiSense
(NBS)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1549105244130402305

You know where to shove your bullshít stats
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by cashmyles: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
I wouldn't like to go in the mud with you, since you're educated Mr. Prof, can you kindly tell us who placed the money at the polling units? Would you spend such a lot of money in an election without monetary gain?
Benz4pimp:
I believe you are educated,who said it was oyetola that placed 2m at the polling unit?prove it…Atimes we just spew whatever we like for no just cus
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by garfield1: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Norwichsailor:

Nope I prefer tinubu to him.
If not tinubu let obi have it.

That's how southerners should behave.either of the two is ok
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by OderaOdesigo: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2022
olril17:

orie ti buruu
sore loser
who told you we regretted bundling akande out. oyinlola gave us osun state university, was paying salary and did not leave debt profile.
instead of u to wish the winner goodluck you are already wishing him failure before he even started
ko nii dafun gbogbo yin

Lol. Typical agbero! A complete tout! Totally uncultured and uncivilised.

I kind of knew if pushed further, if I scratched beneath the surface, your true character will come out. You are a disgrace to the womb that bore you.

All your curses and bad words you typed, I send them back to you by fire and by force, may they be your portion and your descendants’ portion all the days of your lives.

As you type or utter any more curses, may they instantly bounce back on you and be multiplied on you all the days of your life.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2022
garfield1:

That's how southerners should behave.either of the two is ok
Yes o
How una go do with this cross river
Place is a mess o
Who will rescue it?
It's my first home before Akwa-ibom o
E no nice mehn
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by garfield1: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2022
Norwichsailor:

Yes o
How una go do with this cross river
Place is a mess o
Who will rescue it?
It's my first home before Akwa-ibom o
E no nice mehn

We are looking at Prince otu
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by sokera: 10:41am On Jul 20, 2022
Jondelng:

As in ehn, people think governance is easy, buhari thought its easy… e no just fit resign because of shame.

That Adeleke wey dey dance, make e no put osub inside trouble
Adeleke can never be better than Oyetola in terms of good governance and public funds management...
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by DWickedLandLord: 11:30am On Jul 20, 2022
pquaver:

If what the guy posted is true then it contradicts your Tinubu story.. Lagos and Osun can't do well if he is that Evil. Igbos should check well ooo. This hate tge are propelling against the man, it might cme back t haunt oo.. A word is enuf for d wise

Any negative word about Tinubu somebody will shout igbo. Is nameless faceless nairaland the only platform you people peruse? Or are you being intentionally mischievous

So much "Love" for Obi. Foh
Why throw stones n hide your hands only to play victim

Two sides are slinging mud but you only see one side
You don't see the PO threads abi
I don't respect the dishonesty

Buhari called them 5% and the SE didn't perish. Tinubu might go 3% abi. No wahala

One thing for certain, Ndigbo are dogged survivors
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
Benz4pimp:
APc shared 10k…u just said apc and not oyetola…oyetola did not share pin to party leaders
Even if Oyetola gave them money, you don't expect him to come to each polling unit and be distributing the money now. The money was given to voters on Oyetola's behalf, so that they will vote for him. Whether he knows about the money they gave to the voters or not is another issue entirely.
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
garfield1:

We are looking at Prince otu
You sure say e go win?
I feel sandy will take it. Not sure tho
Anybody that can rescue the place cus e no nice again fr
Re: Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria by garfield1: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
Norwichsailor:

You sure say e go win?
I feel sandy will take it. Not sure tho
Anybody that can rescue the place cus e no nice again fr

He should win.the south are behind him,he is popular plus pdp is divided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! / Dele Momodu Releases Atiku’s School Calendar (Photos) / Amosun Reads News With Kemi Ewedairo Yusuph, Sings Out As Governor Of Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.