Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs (14594 Views)

How To Watch Big Brother Mzansi – South African TV Series (both Online & Offline / Watch And Download HD Movies & TV Shows For Free Using Teatv Apk / Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by demanuel(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
I remember watching the apprentice Africa as a teenager sponsored by bank phb. That show is still my favourite business show till date.
I don't know why the show wasn't aired after the first episode.
Inali:
After a stressful day of work, it’s only natural to sit in front of the television with hopes of getting entertained and relaxed with numerous soap operas, music videos and reality shows. Some of these reality shows promote entrepreneurship, helping the viewer make wise entrepreneurial decisions, start a business if possible and avoid falling into errors.

Highlighted below are some of the most business minded TV Reality Show to give you more insights on business ideas and help you launch your business idea as well:

1) The Apprentice Africa

The reality show features individuals from different walks of life, from engineers to CEOs, marketing consultants, social entrepreneurs and software developers. These individuals participate in the programme to further harness their entrepreneurial skills and in the end, get selected to work in a prominent organisation.

The Apprentice Africa premiered in February 2008 and ended in June of the same year with about 18 contestants participating from six African countries which include Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Cameroon and Guinea Conakry.

2) The Next Titan
The Next Titan reality show is arguably one if the best entrepreneur tv reality show with it's Season 9 registration currently ongoing where the winner will go home with ₦20M and the runner up with go home with ₦5M.

This show scouts for ambitious business owners seeking to demonstrate their entrepreneurial insight with indomitable business ideas, and commercial awareness. It’s open to all Nigerians between the ages of 21 and 40.

The 2019 season of The Next Titan show had 16 finalists who lived together for 10 weeks, competed with one another over 10 tough business tasks, and underwent varied business challenges until a winner emerged. The judges of the show are said to be top Nigerian business leaders who also mentor the contestants.

3) Hangman
This reality show brings together aspiring entrepreneurs who have identified a gap in the market. The entrepreneurs pitch an innovation that fills that void and explain how the product will penetrate the market.

To win the approval of the Backers, the judges of the show (businesswoman, Phuti Mahanyele; celebrity economist, Iraj Abedian; self-made billionaire, Quinton van der Burgh; and the chairman of Shell South Africa Energy Limited, Bonang Mohale), contestants will have to complete a number of tasks. Their stay in the programme was determined by their performance.

4) Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs (AYE)
The reality show comprises a weekly agenda of ideas, startling facts, statistics, insight into the Nigerian economy, entertainment, and educational facts. It features the most fascinating and diverse business owners embellished with the excitement of the caught in the act (CIA) segment.

The AYE Reality TV show aims to identify and showcase innovative business ideas and solutions to the world.

5) Project FX Make-up show
Launched in 2016 with makeup artist contestants from five African countries, it provides an avenue for new and upcoming makeup artists to exhibit their innate creativity. The goal of the show is to prepare African makeup artists to possibly win the Oscars in 2021 and challenge the new contestants to bring out their best creative side each season. It also has the purpose of uniting Africa through make-up.

It’s evident that these reality shows promote and teach entrepreneurial lessons. Acting as a mirror, you get to watch business owners make mistakes, how they pitch business ideas to investors, the struggle to win the prize, the ins and outs of running a business.

These shows have proven to not only being entertaining but helping business minds shape the business ideas, presentation and negotiating skills and also served as a source of business ideas to viewers not only in Africa but around the globe.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by duduade: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
AREWAELENU:
Lions den is international I think the model is that of NEXT TITAN? it's as interesting as that.

Nigerian oooo

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by TheMainMan: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
EronzRichie:
Lion's Den?
op doesn’t know what he is doing...

Many people don’t know the show tho so I’m not surprised...
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by TheMainMan: 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2022
AREWAELENU:
Lions den is international I think the model is that of NEXT TITAN? it's as interesting as that.
lol maybe you are probably talking about dragons den and that is for uk
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by iamL(f): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2022
Shows like this are usually discontinued because of lack of sponsorship. But give them immoral shows with nothing to offer you will see sponsorship.

There was one I loved back then called "the debaters."

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Nuelng: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
I personally would love to say a big thank to the organisers of these events for the lives they have been impacting with these events...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Jayjerjay: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2022
I still receive mails from the A.Y.E though I never open them, I should start going through them from today
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Mimiko3: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
How come I never got to know about these shows early on, well now that I know, I can try it out sometime
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by akinade28(f): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
duduade:
The lions den is a good show too
i was about to say this, then, i saw your post

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by EinsteinAyo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
Gone are those days. The next titan is a big show now.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by KeplersCross: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
meobizy:
Nairalanders won’t watch the shows because they are broke, ignorant and silly. WWTBAM is playing on screens across the nation yet members have no idea it is on. If it is BBNaija they’ll know a month in advance because threads give them the opportunity to hate on another person’s form of enjoyment.

Lol, that's so true and to be honest I'm not surprised BBNaija isn't part of the top 5 list but then I still feel they'll add it to top 10....
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by swissgoldenpro2: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Nice shows
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by IzuKiba77: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
AyodejiFelix:
I personally miss who want to be a millionaire. Thank you for bringing this up. Next titan is in Town now

Lol WWTBAM is still on and going smoothly, they've upgraded a lot if you've been following the show, it's different from what it was before but still maintains it's credibility,it's dependability and integrity
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by enoch273: 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
The first two are really interesting, though the next titan is a rare fusion of creativity, innovation, bussiness and entertainment that offers more winning opportunities.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Sleekfingers: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
ultimateprof:
Wahala for who no get television.

There are millions of nigerians who don't own a telly...... approximately, over 60 million nigerians .....
Don't be surprise, that here in Lagos, we still have millions of people who don't have a telly.....it might sound unbelievable., But it is the truth....
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by micaluk: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
I know if Lions den,but where can I watch the rest of em

1 Like

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by thatkindthing: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
That Next Titan Nigeria show has to be the realest deal there, at least na that one go help me as a business man cos it's not just entertaining but educative.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by saxby(f): 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
That year WWTBAM was the real deal, but now the Next Titan Nigeria is making big waves which is not surprising, 20 million for the winner and 5 million naira for the runner up is no small thing.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Niswayne19: 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
Very educative reality show.
Oraimo is number one earbud and smartwatch in Africa

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Muna400(f): 12:17am On Jul 21, 2022
Lions den is quite interesting... Teaches one a lot about being an entrepreneur... If u are not prepared and u stand in front of dos guys.. De kind of questions dey will ask u, fit confuse u.. I shaa like de show

1 Like

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by LogicBomb8: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2022
Lions den
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by IyaTola: 1:50am On Jul 21, 2022
duduade:
The lions den is a good show too
I learnt a on that show

1 Like

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by IyaTola: 1:51am On Jul 21, 2022
micaluk:
I know if Lions den,but where can I watch the rest of em
Are they still showing lion den?
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by EronzRichie(m): 6:30am On Jul 21, 2022
TheMainMan:
op doesn’t know what he is doing...

Many people don’t know the show tho so I’m not surprised...

Very underrated.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Realboygenius(m): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2022
I never knew we have this much reality show shows dedicated to entrepreneurial development. Have been following the Next Titan for a while now and I also heard that registration for new season is open and winner is getting N20,000,000. Check my signature for details.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Realboygenius(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Mimiko3:
How come I never got to know about these shows early on, well now that I know, I can try it out sometime

The registration for the Next Titan is currently on. You can get N20,000,000 or N5,000,000 as a runner up. Check my signature on how to register.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Eyanbahose: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2022
Thanks to op for this post. I heard The Next Titan is airing soon. How can I register?
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Eyanbahose: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2022
AyodejiFelix:
I personally miss who want to be a millionaire. Thank you for bringing this up. Next titan is in Town now
Who wants to be a millionaire is still airing now, don't you know?

Well I heard this Next Titan reality show is going to be the bomb.
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by ultimateprof: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2022
Sleekfingers:

You're right sir, this country keep on breading poverty through our incompetent leaders.

There are millions of nigerians who don't own a telly...... approximately, over 60 million nigerians .....
Don't be surprise, that here in Lagos, we still have millions of people who don't have a telly.....it might sound unbelievable., But it is the truth....
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by xwiit: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
Where can someone watch this shows?
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by KingUka: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
With these TV shows the youth wanting to become entrepreneurs will be encouraged and empowered
Re: Top 5 African Tv Reality Shows For Entrepreneurs by Franktom247(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
It should not be all about entertainment Everytime these shows are educative and insightful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Funniest Nigerian Comedian / My Experience At Big Brother Naija Audition Last Year / "ije The Movie"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.