Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Share Your Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Interview Experience (9584 Views)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by fixitbyjal(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
I fix faulty iphone panels

Contact me via siggy below
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Kingsize4eva(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
wink
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by pimplucious: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
My first interview experience in UK was very funny. I went in expecting to write exams or be engaged in technical questions as we usually have it in naija. But to my surprise, the questions were solely based on what and what I will do or what I did when faced with a particular situation or how will I react or how I reacted when a situation comes up.

That was my very first interview in UK with no prior UK interview experience. I was left looking like a fool. I messed it right up.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
I swear no matter how much you may prepare for an interview, that thing is still scary.. grin grin grin
biotechshola:

You got me rolling on the floor... I can relate really, i think it's due to anxiety and the eagerness to impress...
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by qanda: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by jideaffo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Threesha:
Remote Internships

•Flutter Developer
•Backend Engineer
•Social Media/Community Manager
•Fronted Web Developer
•UI/UX Designer

•Minimum of a months of experience

Send me a DM

Kindly share more details
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by worldclass68(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Did a virtual interview..ans they asked me to show up physically for another interview so they will make their decisions.....

Studied whole night, suit up the following day, I'm quite sure i was there before anyone except for cleaners and the security man of course...
Waited oooo..only for a senior officer to come around and told me oga asked him to follow them to the field...saying I don resume be that..lol

I was happy and frustrated at the same time...

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by BigDawsNet: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
I attended one interview back in Nigeria... a top high school in lagos.. half of the teachers are white.. probably Americans or European not sure...

I dint expect the school to be a top level school I guess I dint research enough online.. I quickly realised I could hav prepared more for this interview...

One by one, dey started calling applicants.. got to my side.. I was asked to talk about 3 questions... they choose dat questions demselves in C/S..

Was able to talk about two... the last one.. I actually knew the topic well but was really uncomfortable because I felt I dint do wot I'm suppose to do best before coming..

So I gave the wrong answer... not totally wrong but I mixed up rong explanation. .. they where like wtf bro.. is dis wot u want teach our students... pls go home and read very well before u attend interviews... I was so upset, I left and I begin to blame myself why I dint ignore the interview... anyway the experience made me a better person today... it was like a wake up call for ma career

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by biotechshola(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Samantha124:
I swear no matter how much you may prepare for an interview, that thing is still scary.. grin grin grin

Remember attending one in one of the top oil companies...We were to be interviewed base on preferred state..Omo, I was the first to be called and believe me, immediately I stepped into that space ehn..I became fake of myself, and it was a kinda quick one where you'll be asked to tell them about yourself, the room became bigger and my voice was completely gone, the more I tried to speak up the more I felt a kinda stress in my nodes. I never leave that place when they start asking who'd like to go to my preferred state..I was like this one Don go?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by qitab(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
In 2018 I got 2 d interview stage of FRSC & during d interview, one chubby FRSC officer dat was questioning me asked me dat; who's d youngest president in d world & I replied her Emmanuel Macron of France & she further said, what's his age & I replied her with, I think he's 40yrs old & she said young man don't 4get u are answering an interview question & u are using "I think". Finally, I told her dat am sowie ma, he's 40yrs old.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
When i was 17 on my way to a job interview at Burger King, i was riding a bicycle on the pavement as i rode of the pavement unto the main road i ran into a woman's car accidentally she shouted at me, i shouted back and called her a beech!! she gave me her middle finger and drove off! when i got to burger king for the job interview, guess who was the manager who will interview me....

The woman with the car i ran into and i called a beech 40 minutes ago.
She still gave me the job, said the incident had nothing to do with my job flipping burger meats at Burger King. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hamachi:
I once had a very terrible interview experience. I applied for a HR position in this organization and I was invited for a first interview which turned out okay. They reached out to me and scheduled a meeting with the MD of the organization and that was where it all started.

On the scheduled date, I went there as agreed and waited forever for the MD to arrive, she finally did and I expected to get called atleast after 10mins but that didn’t happen.
After about 30mins, she came down with her entourage(Members of staff running around her to get done whatever she wanted) which I figured included her P.A.
I stood up to greet and she answered in a very busy manner and told me she had a meeting that was going to last for three hours and asked me to go, she’d send for me when she was done with her meeting.
That was 3pm already and my meeting with her was scheduled for 11am.

I left feeling sad and disappointed.
I got a message for another meeting with her, scheduled for 2pm the next day.
I showed up at about 1:30pm and she didn’t. I left again.
I really wanted this job because one of their cores is Learning and Development and I was going to be exposed to training people, which was an area in HR I needed to work on.

The next day, I was having lunch at about 2:30pm when I got a call to start coming, the MD was ready to meet with me, I booked a ride and went there immediately, I waited a while and she walked in.
She had a first meeting and I was asked to go in afterwards. At last! I thought to myself.

I was before the beautiful, elegant and well spoken boss. She carried herself like a goddess and that was super cool.
She asked me to sit and said it was going to be a very quick and unusual interview.

She was so cold and I got nervous , I lost answers to every question and I wasn’t allowed to land before getting interrupted for the questions I had answers for. It was a disaster.
It wasn’t up to 10mins and she said we were done.

The worst part now!!!
I walked to the door(an electronic door, with an inscription “do not touch” on the button.) I was certainly not used to this one.
I asked politely if she could assist with the door, atleast tell me what to do… Then she goes “FIGURE IT OUT”
I did figure it out on the next trial and I left�.
The next day, I was asked to come in for an offer. I replied by pouring out my heart. I told the messenger I wasn’t interested in working in a toxic environment.

Getting your dream job is great but a toxic environment will kill your dream for the job.
Self worth… love this. No matter the circumstance, never give in to a pr!ck.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by tosyne2much(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
I hope no one will say I'm not serious with my life if I say I've never attended a job inverview? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by otabaotaba: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Interview was scheduled for 11:30am on zoom, I logged in 11:20 and waited till 12pm with no response
I called the HR she said I should still be on hold that they are having technical issues, I was online till 2pm and the long awaited interview started around 2:15 and ended around some minutes pass 3pm
I answered all questions correctly of which they affirmed except 1question about one microfinance bank.
I was so happy and was monitoring my phone as if bubu want to call every minute because I was so sure about getting positive call or sms till after a week and I was prompted to call the HR again only for her to tell me that the position is for only a female.
I was laughing and crying at the same time 😂😂😂😂

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Emeka71(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
I attended Green Acres Micro-finance bank at Hausa-quarters in Warri did a test and interview and they said they shall call me since January ending but I'm yet to get thier response.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by coldzobo: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonssyo:

imagine the MD carrying herself as a goddess, that's how they make some staff to be engaging in diabolic act in order to get favour.
I will sure become an employer of labour this quarter but my staffs will be my friends, you will hardly know who is who
Lol
You think this is cool shey ?
You will soon find out that its not everyone you shine teeth with

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hamachi:
I once had a very terrible interview experience. I applied for a HR position in this organization and I was invited for a first interview which turned out okay. They reached out to me and scheduled a meeting with the MD of the organization and that was where it all started.

On the scheduled date, I went there as agreed and waited forever for the MD to arrive, she finally did and I expected to get called atleast after 10mins but that didn’t happen.
After about 30mins, she came down with her entourage(Members of staff running around her to get done whatever she wanted) which I figured included her P.A.
I stood up to greet and she answered in a very busy manner and told me she had a meeting that was going to last for three hours and asked me to go, she’d send for me when she was done with her meeting.
That was 3pm already and my meeting with her was scheduled for 11am.

I left feeling sad and disappointed.
I got a message for another meeting with her, scheduled for 2pm the next day.
I showed up at about 1:30pm and she didn’t. I left again.
I really wanted this job because one of their cores is Learning and Development and I was going to be exposed to training people, which was an area in HR I needed to work on.

The next day, I was having lunch at about 2:30pm when I got a call to start coming, the MD was ready to meet with me, I booked a ride and went there immediately, I waited a while and she walked in.
She had a first meeting and I was asked to go in afterwards. At last! I thought to myself.

I was before the beautiful, elegant and well spoken boss. She carried herself like a goddess and that was super cool.
She asked me to sit and said it was going to be a very quick and unusual interview.

She was so cold and I got nervous , I lost answers to every question and I wasn’t allowed to land before getting interrupted for the questions I had answers for. It was a disaster.
It wasn’t up to 10mins and she said we were done.

The worst part now!!!
I walked to the door(an electronic door, with an inscription “do not touch” on the button.) I was certainly not used to this one.
I asked politely if she could assist with the door, atleast tell me what to do… Then she goes “FIGURE IT OUT”
I did figure it out on the next trial and I left�.
The next day, I was asked to come in for an offer. I replied by pouring out my heart. I told the messenger I wasn’t interested in working in a toxic environment.

Getting your dream job is great but a toxic environment will kill your dream for the job.

What an experience! What if the delay and toxicity meted at you were deliberate to test your patience?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
pharmezee:
I went for an interview. Got the highest mark, I was called for second round and with the grace of God I got the highest mark, only for the HR to say I don't have any experience for the role I applied for 😂 😂 😂

Their loss, I guess. I am on a job that I have zero experience on prior, but presently one of the best staff.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonssyo:

imagine the MD carrying herself as a goddess, that's how they make some staff to be engaging in diabolic act in order to get favour.
I will sure become an employer of labour this quarter but my staffs will be my friends, you will hardly know who is who

What if it backfires? I think your environment (staff) disposition to work should determine whether you would be an aristocratic or laissez-faire leader.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by sonssyo: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
coldzobo:

Lol
You think this is cool shey ?
You will soon find out that its not everyone you shine teeth with
it may not be the way you think.
however, I will not run an autocratic system of leadership.
i will strike a balance between laissaz faire style of leadership and ...........................

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by sonssyo: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
Juliearth:

What if it backfires? I think your environment (staff) disposition to work should determine whether you would be an aristocratic or laissez-faire leader.
well ,i'm very much aware of the write up above.
However, i have drafted the policies that will be guiding the company in line with the line of business.
It doesn't mean that i will give them free hand, you work alongside the policies.
But the truth is that everyone will maintain his or her lane and do the right thing at the right time.
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by theamazonguru(m): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
So I was in IT.
Got an invite with a big consulting firm with headquarters at UBA building Lagos

They asked very practical questions to which I couldn't give good or convincing answers. I was actually ashamed of myself.

So the head of the panel in annoyance asked, what exactly do you know, since you don't know any of the questions we asked you.

Even though the question sounded mean but it was my life line. My saving Grace.

With confidence I found my voice and answered, "I might not have answers to all your questions, but one thing I know is this, teach me any subject matter, I will effectively transfer that knowledge to another person, even if he is a dummy he will understand the subject".

That was it.

I got the job.

Why?
The consulting firm just got a contract with an oil company in the south south. They needed to employ contract staff to go execute the job. The term of the job includes a training session called "train the trainers", after which the trainers will go ahead to train their over 4,000 staff scattered across different locations in Nigeria both onshore, offshore, offices etc.

My answer simply reflected what they wanted:
1. A natural trainer
2. A confident trainer
3. A teachable individual ready to be trained so as to train others

Most times interviews are not about technical knowledge but about your personality and some soft skills.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Kubin: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
Sales rep position,I was interviewed by a Chinese man.his English command was very poor,at the end I was unable to answer any questions,
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by correctguy101(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonssyo:

Inequality is a pipe dream.

Just pray you meet employees who'll value this your state of mind else....smh

Just be careful how close you get with your employees.

The ancestors say, if papa put his preeq for down, small pikin go use am play ball..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by emee701(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
qitab:
In 2018 I got 2 d interview stage of FRSC & during d interview, one chubby FRSC officer dat was questioning me asked me dat; who's d youngest president in d world & I replied her Emmanuel Macron of France & she further said, what's his age & I replied her with, I think he's 40yrs old & she said young man don't 4get u are answering an interview question & u are using "I think". Finally, I told her dat am sowie ma, he's 40yrs old.
Did you later get the frsc job?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by sonssyo: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2023
correctguy101:

Inequality is a pipe dream.

Just pray you meet employees who'll value this your state of mind else....smh

Just be careful how close you get with your employees.

The ancestors say, if papa put his preeq for down, small pikin go use am play ball..

sure, i'm aware and has already taken note of that, however laid down policies have been put in place to ensure strict monitoring

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by coldzobo: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonssyo:

it may not be the way you think.
however, I will not run an autocratic system of leadership.
i will strike a balance between laissaz faire style of leadership and ...........................
Hmm okay
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hallabee1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Threesha:
Remote Internships

•Flutter Developer
•Backend Engineer
•Fronted Web Developer
•UI/UX Designer

Send me a DM

Interested in the
*Backend engineer
*social media/community manager..

Your email please
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Farfalla(f): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
Juliearth:

What an experience! What if the delay and toxicity meted at you were deliberate to test your patience?

Allow me to differ! Displaying toxicity to test a candidate's patience? C'mon! That interviewer displayed pure nonsense. Very unprofessional behaviour.

An interview generally serves two purposes for both the interviewer and the candidate;
1. Is the candidate a right fit for the organisation?
2. Is the organisation a right fit for the candidate?

1. As an organisation you want to know what skills the candidate has that are relevant to the post. Do they have the relevant experience? If not, do they have transferable skills from their previous work experience? Are their salary and benefits expectations within your budget? What is their approach to tasks? Do they have a clue about what is required of them? Have they done their research about the organisation? Can they explain the gaps in their CVs? Are they switching careers? Are they switching industries/sectors? If so, try and find out why? Do they respect people's time (punctuality)? How do they communicate -- how do they pass across their points? Do they come across as abrasive? Unsure? Timid? Blunt? Diplomatic? Shallow? Intelligent? Level-headed? Are they the think-then-respond type? You also want to know what drives them? What motivates them?.....etc.

2. As a candidate you also want to get more than just a glimpse of your potential job and employer. Are you being interviewed for a new position? Is it a replacement? What is typical day like in that role? Is it an ambiguous role? Do they value people's time and money? Do they conduct themselves professionally, or do they conduct their affairs like agberos? Are they casual? What is their tone like? Do they weaponize fear? Do they display "muscles" during interviews? if yes, fear is probably a tool used to drive their organisation. What are their working hours? What are their working styles?.... I could go on and on.

Any employer who uses bad behaviour to "test patience" needs to review their HR policies. I'm glad she turned them down. If someone shows you who they are, believe them. I am an example of somebody who walked out of a toxic work environment. Yes. I resigned. Let those who get turned on by toxic people seek them out. I have also turned down a job offer because they were dishonest about their renumeration. They displayed a particular juicy figure in their call for applications, only to turn around and tell me that the salary -- which they themselves announced -- does not fit into their budget. Those 1969 interview tactics administered by semi-illiterate village champions need to be completely eradicated from the face of the Earth (along with those long, fake fingernails that resemble miniature swords).

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hallabee1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Olachase:
After waiting for 4hrs them tell me say H.R no come today again, I no even follow them argue, i asked one guy to pls lend me cover raw that I want to check someone in the production room, I balance consume one carton of their product, (Emi iká) 😁 😁

From lagos to Shagamu to & fro

Aje...can't stop laughing
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Daviestunech(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
blueghost:
I have always told myself it is not a do or die affair. That has always helped me to be calm and lower my expectations. Two things will happen Yes or No.

Gbam!
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Selfmotivated: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Threesha:
Remote Internships

•Flutter Developer
•Backend Engineer
•Fronted Web Developer
•UI/UX Designer

Send me a DM
(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply Now For Appnigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment - 2016 / Have You Been Able To Successfully Register For Lagos Teacher's Recruitment? / Ex-banker On Hunger Strike Over Terminal Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.