Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Share Your Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Interview Experience (9587 Views)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by qitab(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nop
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Pakinola20: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
This happened to an ex gal friend years ago. The director asked her if she would lay with a client to get the target of the company.........

Prostitution is now of various kind

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Chris2863(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
pharmezee:
I went for an interview. Got the highest mark, I was called for second round and with the grace of God I got the highest mark, only for the HR to say I don't have any experience for the role I applied for šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚
He or she might be right. An average Nigerian graduate does well in theories but give that person a practical exam Nah
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
Farfalla:

Allow me to differ! Displaying toxicity to test a candidate's patience? C'mon! That interviewer displayed pure nonsense. Very unprofessional behaviour.

An interview generally serves two purposes for both the interviewer and the candidate;
1. Is the candidate a right fit for the organisation?
2. Is the organisation a right fit for the candidate?

1. As an organisation you want to know what skills the candidate has that are relevant to the post. Do they have the relevant experience? If not, do they have transferable skills from their previous work? Are their salary and benefits expectations within your budget? What is their approach to tasks? Do they have a clue about what is required of them? Have they done their research about the organisation? Can they explain the gaps in their CVs? Are they switching careers? Are they switching industries/sectors? If so, try and find out why? Do they respect people's time (punctuality)? How do they communicate -- how do they pass across their points? Do they come across as abrasive? Unsure? Timid? Blunt? Diplomatic? Shallow? Intelligent? Level-headed? Are they the think-then-respond type? You also want to know what drives them? What motivates them?.....etc.

2. As a candidate you also want to get more than just a glimpse of your potential job and employer. Are you being interviewed for a new position? Is it a replacement? What is typical day like in that role? Is it an ambiguous role? Do they value people's time and money? Do they conduct themselves professionally, or do they conduct their affairs like agberos? Are they casual? What is their tone like? Do they weaponize fear? Do they display "muscles" during interviews? if yes, fear is probably a tool used to drive their organisation. What are their working hours? What are their working styles?.... I could go on and on.

Any employer who uses bad behaviour to "test patience" needs to review their HR policies. I'm glad she turned them down. If someone shows you who they are, believe them. I am an example of somebody who walked out of a toxic work environment. Yes. I resigned. Let those who get turned on by toxic people seek them out. I have also turned down a job offer because they were dishonest about their renumeration. They displayed a particular juicy figure in their call for applications, only to turn around and tell me that the salary -- which they themselves announced -- does not fit into their budget. Those 1969 interview tactics administered by semi-illiterate village champions need to be completely eradicated from the face of the Earth (along with those long, fake fingernails that resemble miniature swords).

The picture you painted here is ideal, but you and I know it's not always the case. Often times, interviewers throw offsetting questions at prospective employees for whatever reason known to them.
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonssyo:

well ,i'm very much aware of the write up above.
However, i have drafted the policies that will be guiding the company in line with the line of business.
It doesn't mean that i will give them free hand, you work alongside the policies.
But the truth is that everyone will maintain his or her lane and do the right thing at the right time.

Good!
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by severee(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
Threesha:
Remote Internships

ā€¢Flutter Developer
ā€¢Backend Engineer
ā€¢Social Media/Community Manager
ā€¢Fronted Web Developer
ā€¢UI/UX Designer

ā€¢Minimum of a months of experience

Send me a DM
Hi I couldn't reach you on the number you provided here perhaps do you have a mail I can apply through?
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by jaydeevaa(f): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Did an interview with a well known organization, did driving test also and passed both...it's been 3 months and all I hear is "I'll reach out to you once I have information on the next steps"....funny enough I didn't apply for the job, the HR personnel contacted me on LinkedIn...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2023
I went from Ojo to Ijebu ode the Hr was telling me the didn't plan to meeting with me, Mo se werey fun wan, sharp sharp they refunded the money I used in coming, e ti ya werey emi ke
Olachase:
After waiting for 4hrs them tell me say H.R no come today again, I no even follow them argue, i asked one guy to pls lend me cover raw that I want to check someone in the production room, I balance consume one carton of their product, (Emi ikĆ”) šŸ˜ šŸ˜

From lagos to Shagamu to & fro
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Check cybervilla at Lekki the best place to fix everything and anything tech
fixitbyjal:
I fix faulty iphone panels

Contact me via siggy below
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
In Niigeria it over, you aint getting the job
SKIBiNSKI:
When i was 17 on my way to a job interview at Burger King, i was riding a bicycle on the pavement as i rode of the pavement unto the main road i ran into a woman's car accidentally she shouted at me, i shouted back and called her a beech!! she gave me her middle finger and drove off! when i got to burger king for the job interview, guess who was the manager who will interview me....

The woman with the car i ran into and i called a beech 40 minutes ago.
She still gave me the job, said the incident had nothing to do with my job flipping burger meats at Burger King. cheesy
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
Otilor
Emeka71:
I attended Green Acres Micro-finance bank at Hausa-quarters in Warri did a test and interview and they said they shall call me since January ending but I'm yet to get thier response.
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
grin
Kubin:
Sales rep position,I was interviewed by a Chinese man.his English command was very poor,at the end I was unable to answer any questions,
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nah today e don tey from banks to real estate to infact any marketing job, comes with a dangling apple
Pakinola20:
This happened to an ex gal friend years ago. The director asked her if she would lay with a client to get the target of the company.........

Prostitution is now of various kind

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
If they cannot get back to you afetr 2 weeks forget them and moveon. Serach for remote jobs,they are in Nigeria
jaydeevaa:
Did an interview with a well known organization, did driving test also and passed both...it's been 3 months and all I hear is "I'll reach out to you once I have information on the next steps"....funny enough I didn't apply for the job, the HR personnel contacted me on LinkedIn...
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Olachase(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
IyaTola:
I went from Ojo to Ijebu ode the Hr was telling me the didn't plan to meeting with me, Mo se werey fun wan, sharp sharp they refunded the money I used in coming, e ti ya werey emi ke
lol wetin dem day producešŸ˜šŸ˜

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Icuib4cu: 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by ThatrealestApex: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
Icuib4cu:

Those kinda topics are called click bait, you nor see the way here dry an average nigerian love gossip

Ah tell you grin grin grin grin

So you don reach here grin grin
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Icuib4cu: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Oluwainnie(f): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hamachi:
I once had a very terrible interview experience. I applied for a HR position in this organization and I was invited for a first interview which turned out okay. They reached out to me and scheduled a meeting with the MD of the organization and that was where it all started.

On the scheduled date, I went there as agreed and waited forever for the MD to arrive, she finally did and I expected to get called atleast after 10mins but that didnā€™t happen.
After about 30mins, she came down with her entourage(Members of staff running around her to get done whatever she wanted) which I figured included her P.A.
I stood up to greet and she answered in a very busy manner and told me she had a meeting that was going to last for three hours and asked me to go, sheā€™d send for me when she was done with her meeting.
That was 3pm already and my meeting with her was scheduled for 11am.

I left feeling sad and disappointed.
I got a message for another meeting with her, scheduled for 2pm the next day.
I showed up at about 1:30pm and she didnā€™t. I left again.
I really wanted this job because one of their cores is Learning and Development and I was going to be exposed to training people, which was an area in HR I needed to work on.

The next day, I was having lunch at about 2:30pm when I got a call to start coming, the MD was ready to meet with me, I booked a ride and went there immediately, I waited a while and she walked in.
She had a first meeting and I was asked to go in afterwards. At last! I thought to myself.

I was before the beautiful, elegant and well spoken boss. She carried herself like a goddess and that was super cool.
She asked me to sit and said it was going to be a very quick and unusual interview.

She was so cold and I got nervous , I lost answers to every question and I wasnā€™t allowed to land before getting interrupted for the questions I had answers for. It was a disaster.
It wasnā€™t up to 10mins and she said we were done.

The worst part now!!!
I walked to the door(an electronic door, with an inscription ā€œdo not touchā€ on the button.) I was certainly not used to this one.
I asked politely if she could assist with the door, atleast tell me what to doā€¦ Then she goes ā€œFIGURE IT OUTā€
I did figure it out on the next trial and I leftļæ½.
The next day, I was asked to come in for an offer. I replied by pouring out my heart. I told the messenger I wasnā€™t interested in working in a toxic environment.

Getting your dream job is great but a toxic environment will kill your dream for the job.

Woooooooww... I admire your zeal. After the first 2 attempts I doubt if I'll have had the desire to still return back there.

Toxic environment is definitely a No-No

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Flappy222: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is hilarious please grin
Samantha124:
Immediately I entered the interview room, English decided to depart from me and stayed back outside.

There were just too much "eh" and "umm".šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I found it waiting for me when I got out..šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Ajibade123(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
Threesha:
Remote Internships

ā€¢Flutter Developer
ā€¢Backend Engineer
ā€¢Social Media/Community Manager
ā€¢Fronted Web Developer
ā€¢UI/UX Designer

ā€¢Minimum of a months of experience

Send me a DM
Sent you a DM
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by uuzba(m): 12:08am On Apr 19, 2023
Samantha124:
Immediately I entered the interview room, English decided to depart from me and stayed back outside.

There were just too much "eh" and "umm".šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I found it waiting for me when I got out..šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Hmm.
I feel that one should have some experience in the job before applying for it. That initial experience is crucial.
Of course, now the question to ask is how do you get the initial experience in the first place?
Network, connection, church, Mosque. Meet the person who does that type of work you want and ask them your questions. That initial meeting will clear up all your doubts.
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by uuzba(m): 12:10am On Apr 19, 2023
Icuib4cu:

Honestly nairaland is stale
People that don't have job last year, 2022 are still jobless this year 2023. Hence this topic will continue to remain valid.
If you already have a job that you're happy with, you won't browse this topic and you won't complain either.
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Flappy222: 12:48am On Apr 19, 2023
Hello good day to you.
Please can i send mail?
Or if I may ask, got any idea concerning remote work here in Nigeria?
IyaTola:
If they cannot get back to you afetr 2 weeks forget them and moveon. Serach for remote jobs,they are in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2023
Flappy222:
Hello good day to you.
Please can i send mail?
Or if I may ask, got any idea concerning remote work here in Nigeria?
Yes, check my thread
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by IyaTola: 8:04am On Apr 19, 2023
Olachase:
lol wetin dem day producešŸ˜šŸ˜
I didn't even bother to ask
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Farfalla(f): 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
Juliearth:

The picture you painted here is ideal, but you and I know it's not always the case. Often times, interviewers throw offsetting questions at prospective employees for whatever reason known to them.

No doubt about that. I have been on both sides of the table (as an interviewer and as a candidate) and I can attest to that fact.

However, I still insist that it's only those interviewers who've got their arses far deep into the 80s that employ rudeness and contempt as an interview strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Juliearth(f): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2023
Farfalla:

No doubt about that. I have been on both sides of the table (as an interviewer and as a candidate) and I can attest to that fact.

However, I still insist that it's only those interviewers who've got their arses far deep into the 80s that employ rudeness and contempt as an interview strategy.

Your second paragraph is more like it. Surely, no modern employer would want to tow that path.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by SMJay: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Farfalla:

Hmmmm
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hamachi(f): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
wink
Oluwainnie:

Woooooooww... I admire your zeal. After the first 2 attempts I doubt if I'll have had the desire to still return back there.

Toxic environment is definitely a No-No
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hamachi(f): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
Juliearth:

What an experience! What if the delay and toxicity meted at you were deliberate to test your patience?
Which useless patience?
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hamachi(f): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2023
kiss
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Self worthā€¦ love this. No matter the circumstance, never give in to a pr!ck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Successfully Register For Lagos Teacher's Recruitment? / Ex-banker On Hunger Strike Over Terminal Benefits / Apply For Nokia Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.