Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: (15775 Views)

Your Weakness Is Not Your Interview Weakness. / Share Your Interview Experience / Invitation For Interview By Afconrecruit For Amber Drinks Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Threesha(f): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2022
[b]PERFECT YOUR INTERVIEW BY DOING THE FOLLOWING:

• Realise that you are in an employment marketplace; it's your duty to sell your services, not your recruiter persuading you to sell.

• Interviewers are not always clear about the job requirements, as well as the skills and experiences they seek in a candidate. You can assist the interviewer in clarifying the requirements by being the candidate they are looking for.

• It's pointless to spend so much time preparing to answer interview questions when the focus is to actively sell yourself.

• What distinguishes you from the rest? Your answer to this is crucial. Repeating the same actions as every other candidate will not help you win the interview.

• Want to have a successful interview? Ask good questions. Not what's the working hour or working days, aside the salary what other benefits attached to the role or is this role remote, hybrid or full time?

• You must understand that hiring managers are tired of the sweet talks. Relate to the issues and be the solution. Like they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• List your achievements and sell your achievements. You must work on having an achievement in any workplace; it's crucial for your future.

In selling yourself during an interview, think of yourself as a business.[/b]

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Ekakamba: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
In selling yourself during an interview, think of yourself as a business.

Good clues

or

Think yourself as an entrepreneur and tell the interviewers to go FVCK themselves. grin tongue

9 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by jimmyolasun: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Are you in need of a furnished work space/station in ibadan? Here is an opportunity to have one in the city of ibadan.

Contact for more information

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Donvictor2015: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Thanks for this info
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Selling dope all my life, I can’t do minimum wage(nah)

I’m turning up some more, I done been too damn broke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Dangrace01: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nice
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Slynation(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
Valid tho...But all this stress when you can be an entrepreneur and a boss on your own...!!

2 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by ecolime(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
When I finished NYSC a decade ago, the career & job section of Nairaland was really hot. Job adverts (Chevron, Shell, Honeywell, Addax, Halliburton, Total, Big4, SLB etc.) and career tips every blessed day.

Chams City became a connection center. We shared SHL, Dragnet questions etc. From one assessment center to another. Met amazing friends. Also, got 4 super cool entry level jobs within 3 months of completing NYSC.

Naija was really booming but we thought we were suffering. All the companies don almost pack up finish now.

Go to career section now, all you will see is TRADE YOUR GIFTCARDS & BITCOINS.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by hbk001(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
All points stated are valid though, but everything still na GRACE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Skillsnigeria: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
Noted
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by verybadmouth(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
Thanks for the heads up
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by karzyharsky(m): 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Where is the job??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by kingimmade: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
well written
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Snapchat: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
ecolime:
When I finished NYSC a decade ago, the career & job section of Nairaland was really hot. Job adverts (Chevron, Shell, Honeywell, Addax, Total, Big4, SLB etc.) and career tips every blessed day.

Chams City became a connection center. We shared SHL, Dragnet questions etc. From one assessment center to another. Got 4 super cool entry level jobs within 3 months of competing NYSC.

Naija was really booming but we thought we were suffering.

Go to career section now, all you see is TRADE YOUR GIFTCARDS & BITCOINS.
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by ruggedtimi(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
Na only 50k -100k salary job dem dey do interview for here in nigeria...200k- and 500k na " I have sent his CV to your mail"....600k-above "my boy is on his way to your office"

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by money121(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by ZombieSlayer1: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
ecolime:
When I finished NYSC a decade ago, the career & job section of Nairaland was really hot. Job adverts (Chevron, Shell, Honeywell, Addax, Halliburton, Total, Big4, SLB etc.) and career tips every blessed day.

Chams City became a connection center. We shared SHL, Dragnet questions etc. From one assessment center to another. Got 4 super cool entry level jobs within 3 months of competing NYSC.

Naija was really booming but we thought we were suffering. All the companies don almost pack up finish now.

and people are gearing up to vote the same political parties that led us to this unfortunate situation

6 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by MMempire(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
ecolime:

Fraud and war is the new world order. What a waste of youthful talents around the world.
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by qanda: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Hushbingo: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nigeria Girls Are Useless

2 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Nobleou(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
OP some of the points are not valid.
Don't talk too much and look too anxious during interview

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Emeka71(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Great tutorial.
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by henrijin: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
Well. In interviews, don't talk pass wetin dem no ask you before you go misyarn in the name of trying to impress. In my present job, I asked them their working hours.

Just pray. Interviewers know when you're answering questions like a robot. Who employer wan employ, e go employ.

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by dahmie2013: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nice one OP...
Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
You try.
But it's your opinion.

Interviewers these days are like chameleons. You can never predict or know what they want...

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Gracebegatme: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
Well to some extent you can be right.But you see, I got a job lately that beats my imagination and experience; all I did at the interview was to just be myself.Infact I did the interview with no desire to impress any of the interviewer.Funny enough,I don't have any experience for that role and I got the Job.No superb CV, No Excitement to impress.I I just discovered that through prayers and God's help if a job is yours it can't pass you by.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Hahjascho(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nevertheless, still prepare and research about the company.

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by DonroxyII: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
Many People are yet to Know their Certificate is a Paper from their school Acknowledging that they have been taught a particular Skills in School the rest lies in that Person to Deliver.

Na your skills you dey sell no be the certificate.. If You can't Defend what's written in that paper OYO is Your Case except You Sabi Person wey go help You.

1 Like

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by SenatePresdo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Threesha:
[b]PERFECT YOUR INTERVIEW BY DOING THE FOLLOWING:

• Realise that you are in an employment marketplace; it's your duty to sell your services, not your recruiter persuading you to sell.

• Interviewers are not always clear about the job requirements, as well as the skills and experiences they seek in a candidate. You can assist the interviewer in clarifying the requirements by being the candidate they are looking for.

• It's pointless to spend so much time preparing to answer interview questions when the focus is to actively sell yourself.

• What distinguishes you from the rest? Your answer to this is crucial. Repeating the same actions as every other candidate will not help you win the interview.

• Want to have a successful interview? Ask good questions. Not what's the working hour or working days, aside the salary what other benefits attached to the role or is this role remote, hybrid or full time?

• You must understand that hiring managers are tired of the sweet talks. Relate to the issues and be the solution. Like they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• List your achievements and sell your achievements. You must work on having an achievement in any workplace; it's crucial for your future.

In selling yourself during an interview, think of yourself as a business.[/b]

All these stress to impress who would enslave you because of minimum wage?

E no go better for Our Heroes past.

2 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by brandsoncharlie: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
Slynation:
Valid tho...But all this stress when you can be an entrepreneur and a boss on your own...!!
Robert kiyosaki got rich through the money they paid him during the Vietnam War with the USA, he invested it.
I saw lots of job openings in the USA two days ago 280 $ per hour, for cleaning rigs and others, these are average Americans applying for these jobs doing well as the same time.
Take the money and start some where.

2 Likes

Re: Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: by Slynation(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Robert kiyosaki got rich through the money they paid him during the Vietnam War with the USA, he invested it.
I saw lots of job openings in the USA two days ago 280 $ per hour, for cleaning rigs and others, these are average Americans applying for these jobs doing well as the same time.
Take the money and start some where.
$280 per hour... shocked that's a whole lot of money here in Nigeria 198K/hr, do it for 8hrs thats #1.5m/day

Omo ehh, na serious money bdat oO...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? / Apply For Eunisell Chemicals Graduate Trainee Programme / Have You Ever Quit Your Job Without Having A Back Up Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.