Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever (25277 Views)

Heat Wave: Fire Errupts In Upminster, London / Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead / Dozens Of Wildfires Burn Across California Amid Blistering Heat Wave( Pics,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by Halo22: 4:07am On Jul 20, 2022
I don't understand what people want in this life. If it's cold they will complain and if it's hot they will still complain. Normal weather we are enjoying here nah em Oyibo closed school because of. Even in some Asian countries, the temperature is mostly above 45degrees Celsius.
Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by phemmyfour: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2022
NNTR:
You're agreeing with the 'We woefully failed at bringing the earth under control' sentiment

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Yes I did. You cannot deviate from the default settings and expect nature not to fight back.

Lagos keep building on water and drainages and 50yrs later they want to have DOMINION over flood. No, it doesn't work like that. Even Adam n Eve respected the default settings

1 Like

Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by NNTR: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
Yes I did. You cannot deviate from the default settings and expect nature not to fight back.
There are countless deviation from defaults setting, that nature, has not fought back against

phemmyfour:
Lagos keep building on water and drainages and 50yrs later they want to have DOMINION over flood. No, it doesn't work like that.
Dominion wont happen, if you dont have good drainage system in place.
Dominion wont happen, if buildings are erected on drainage system demarcated pathway
Dominion wont happen, if you construct shabby sub standard drainage systems
Dominion wont happen, if good principles of town planning arrant embraced and adopted
Dominion wont happen, when abuse is the norm

phemmyfour:
Even Adam n Eve respected the default settings
If according to the bible, the ground is cursed (i.e. under a curse) because of Adam (Genesis 3:17), so what default settings, exactly then, according to you, did Adam and Eve respect?

Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by phemmyfour: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
NNTR:
There are countless deviation from defaults setting, that nature, has not fought back against

Dominion wont happen, if you dont have good drainage system in place.
Dominion wont happen, if buildings are erected on drainage system demarcated pathway
Dominion wont happen, if you construct shabby sub standard drainage systems
Dominion wont happen, if good principles of town planning arrant embraced and adopted
Dominion wont happen, when abuse is the norm

If according to the bible, the ground is cursed (i.e. under a curse) because of Adam (Genesis 3:17), so what default settings, exactly then, according to you, did Adam and Eve respect?

I will answer the last part and leave you and your level of display of ignorance of the other two.

Now about the scripture that you doctored, I will post everything in full

Gen 3:17

Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

According to the bolded, God himself modified the relationship between man and the Land.
That is, despite the curse, the land will still PRODUCE food for you but you must TOIL
Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by NNTR: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
I will answer the last part and leave you and your level of display of ignorance of the other two.
The person displaying an amplified high level of ignorance is no other than you phemmyfour

phemmyfour:
Now about the scripture that you doctored,
I did not doctored any scripture. You must have just learned the word doctored, and learned it, without knowing when to correctly and appropriately use the word.

For your information, I partially quoted the verse, (i.e. didnt change anything in it) but so you have an idea of what it is about, I signposted you to Genesis 3:17

phemmyfour:
I will post everything in full

Gen 3:17
Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

According to the bolded, God himself modified the relationship between man and the Land.
That is, despite the curse, the land will still PRODUCE food for you but you must TOIL
Genesis 3:17a is where the attention is, and not Genesis 3:17b

For the fact, the ground is cursed, it will fight back, especially so when the earth is abused. It would fight back when it is used for the wrong purposes. It would fight back, when it isnt correctly and properly taking care of. If used to bad effect, of course the earth, nature and whatnot, will fight back

I'll give you another chance to responsibly give your answer to the question you danced away and dodged from answering, which is:
What default settings, exactly then, according to you, did Adam and Eve respect?

Re: Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever by NNTR: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

117 Dead, 20,000 Troops Deployed As Unrest Persists In South Africa / Gunman Kills 27 Including Children At An Elementary School / Military Coup Underway In Burkina Faso: President Kabore Detained By Mutineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.