Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) (5005 Views)

Jake: Son Of Emperor / Can Anyone Suggest Some Erotic,d**k Rising Story On Nairaland / Scarlet: A Short Story On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Welcome readers
My pen name is GOSEZUA son of light
Welcome to my world of illustrated literature...
This piece here is an attempt to write an intriguing story filled with action,adventure,Romance and with a take home moral impactful lesson learnt with the end of every chapter
being someone with an interest in culture and also a a lover of God I’m trying to find a way to merge biblical stories into African cultural setting so please seat tight..

This particularly story is my adventurous, thrilling and dramatic Story about Ida son of Vidi his trials as he rises from a peasant to become king,
His intriguing love story with Mikame, the mistakes he made and how he is saved by his God from the tragic consequences of his action..
This story takes inspiration from King David’s story in the Bible But it’s plot and setting and a larger share of its storyline is way different..so expect a totally different and more exciting story ..

Also I have beautiful works of art at the end of every chapter..stay blessed readers...

(Introduction)
Chapter 1

How dare you?
Came the hot rebuke of the seer Ehioseh to the Great King of Isirele, Aigbojie the despicable
“How dare you risk the very lives of your people by making alliance with the dreaded kingdom of Uyigba and Iruh,
kingdoms you know have never desired nor sought the good of their neighbours... people who...
“Silence Old prophet, Silence or I will rip your tounge from between your aged teeths, “
It’s one thing that you pronounced me as king over the lands, and it’s another to defy my order...
The king snarled in anger,

“But you defy the order of the God who enthroned you...you make alliance with his enemies”

Says who Old man, I have never heared your God speak to me, yet you stand there and tell me he says this and he says that, if he really announced me king over his people then he should let me rule as I deem fit..barked Aigbojie in defiance

Ehioseh the prophet, chief priest of Isirele, stood with his head bent over as his cotton white drapery danced in the gentle breeze flowing through the opened palace windows, in a flash his head was up again, looking straight at the king and like one possessed by celestial forces he spoke

“This day have you been rejected oh king and another, a servant of yours shall take your place”

“Allow me my master, allow me and I shall separate his head from his shoulders”this was Enubha the chief guard begging the king to release him for a swift work on the prophet”...

“Let him go” he must be kept alive to spot the servant destined to take my place, and when he does ..I shall have both their bodies impaled on a spike at the gates of my palace”

The prophet was allowed out of the palace but immediately he left, he sensed a presence behind him,
It was an evil bird the Iyepe bird flying swiftly above him to a destination unknown to the prophet
But he had a clue ..
“Indeed it’s the Iyekpe, messenger of evil, no doubt a strong man had sent this bird to eavesdrop on the conversation I had with the king...I await their response..

Just before Ehioseh moved a few paces..standing in front of him was Ozawa king of Iruh, one of the wicked Kings Aigbojie made alliance with...

“what is the meaning of this, let me pass” Ehioseh with a disgusted look on his face demanded,

The grin on Ozawa face, allured to his obvious response “you go nowhere prophet, you see ,you are the only thing standing in our way, your stupid king is already blinded by his thirst of making a name for himself as the Overlord of Iruh and Uyboja and Isirele,
But when we are done with him and his people he won’t even have a plot of land to boast of”

You may have fooled the king, but you didn’t fool The God of isi rele, you days are numbered Ozawa, you and your treacherous allies will be dealt with and your wickedness eliminated from the face of the earth”

Bringing out his Eben(native sword) Ozawa spoke”yes about your God and his plans , I will end it here by killing you, let’s see what will become of your trash about the Elimination of Iruh”
“Ehioseh, prepare to join your ancestors!!!
With a battle cry Ozawa made for Ehioseh with his sword swung at his Head aiming for his skull ...but just before Impact, a presence around Ehioseh formed a forced field that reversed the blade ...deflecting it backwards and spliting Ozawa’s chest in Half

“Ahhh gods of my ancestors ...don’t let me end like this”

Looking down upon the wounded king Ehioseh now wielding the sword of Ozawa spoke
“You made many women childless, your own mother will feel that pain today”
With several swift strikes...Ozawa was severed in pieces and defeated and Ehioseh went on his way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by silverlinen(m): 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Be like this your text go bam well oo
As a confam ovbie Edo, I dey here with you grin

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2022
silverlinen:
Be like this your text go bam well oo
As a confam ovbie Edo, I dey here with you grin
Thanks boss..update go drop today sharp
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
Chapter 2

At the edge of the Kingdom of Isirele is the forest village of Ihuda,
The largest of the lands under the rule of the great king of Isirele,
And these forest is a major attraction for Princess Mikame, the only daughter of king Aigbojie,
And also his constant headache and wild child,
Princess Mikame is not the type of princess to sit in a castle waiting for a knight in shining amour to save her, she is rather boisterous and full of matter,
in such an ocassion of adventure did she pay a hunter to be her guide for a sojourn into the less notorious wild areas of the ihuda forests,

As they journeyed through vines of the almonds, her attention was stolen by the soothing and melodious beating of a drum deep in the forest,
“Do you hear that” she faced her guide, then the direction of the sound

“That must be Ida,he beats his drums whenever he take his sheep’s to the stream, he does it to keep river spirits from stealing his sheep’s so he says, what a lunatic!”

“Hmm, you wait here, I’m going to have a look” the princess made her way into the forest

“What your highness, you don’t even know you way”

Turning to face him the princess replied, “I will follow the sound of the drumbeats” as she hurried off

Following after her, the guide cursed and remarked under his breath “why do I have to be the one to look after these problematic daughter of the king, wait for me your highness”

At the bank of the stream, Ida the shepherd is seen seating , with three drums inbetween his spread legs, the youth is a well built dudu(black) fellow with a shorted dread and just as he finished the last round of drum beating Mikame emerges from the forest with a look of extreme wonder and curiosity...

“Which would you prefer to be addressed as, a musician or a shepherd” the question came with a flirty expression on the princesses face...

Ida was less surprised by the question than by her looks “ well I will answer that question if you tell me, what you are doing in the heart of the forest dressed like a princess “

Just then came the guide “my princess were are you”

“ Ah you see, I was right, I’m sure it’s the melody of my drum beats that drew you into this forest, you see my sounds are notorious for attracting all manner of beautiful creatures and you my princess is pretty high on that category”

Mikame obviously impressed replied “ is that so sherphed”

“Your highness you shouldn’t be here, only lunatics like Ida can survive here” the worried guard shouted as he found them

“Tell me, why does everyone call you a lunatic”
Mikame said turning from the worried guide to face him

“Not everyone princess, just the hunters who think I’m insane for rearing my sheeps deep in the wild forest, but I find it soothing and perfet for meditation “

“Ida watch out”!!!
The call came immediately the guide spotted a leapoard pounced
With lighting speed on a sheep with an ambush from the tree, with the sheep in its mouths it made back for the tree, but Ida followed it in hot pursuit almost immediately, climbing the tree with such a wild dexterity that it left Mikame and the guard bewildered with open mouths, he climbed the tree and wrestled the leopard to a corner, plunging his spear into its open mouth with a force that it broke out from behind its head,
Holding the spear and leopard in one hand,
And the sheep gently in the other he jumped from the tree and landed before the duo, like a Greek god upon the mountains of Olympus...

“Who are you”
Was the only word that came out from the mouth of the breathless Mikame...

“He is Ida son of Vidi , the man Cursed with strength by the gods ,a strength that drives his family out of fear to banish him to the forest to raise a flock away from men ,but among beast which can match his power ..but alas not even the leopard can” this was The guard speaking

But Ida replied “iyagbon I have not been cursed with strength by the gods, but I have been blessed by the God of isi rele, to serve him with the power he has given me and one day you will belive this...

Mikame looking at this bulk of human strangeness spoke “I will speak of you to my father about your strength .. he will make you a general..but in the mean time you will show me around this forest In return”

Ida smile and replied “ don’t speak of me to your father, if you really want to do me a Favour..come visit me as often as you can.. seeing a beauty like you in this dense forest is enough for me and I will show you round and protect you when the need arise.”

“Till then , for now she has seen enough and must go”iyagbon spoke in clear fraustration..

“He is right, I just saw a man kill a leopard all by himself but I promise to see you soon strong man of the dense forest of Ihuda”

“Farewell fair princess of Isirele”

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Chapter 3

“Ida what you have done is not right, you have killed this bear and taken it’s honey”

“Oh no my princess, if it had killed me it would have taken my sheeps, you have visited me for weeks now and you still cannot tell apart my methods I only slay the beast that attack me....”

This was in the middle of a conversation between Ida and Mikame, their friendship had grown strong as mikame’s visits became more frequent...

“Hmm, you only kill those that attack you, but...but Why does the captain of Isirele make alliance with his enemies that destroyed our grandparents “

“What do you mean Your highnesss”?,
Turning to look at his face, Mikame spoke,

“Ida it’s my father...the elders are not happy with him and I fear that The God of isi rele is not pleased with him...
My father has refused to exert vengeance on the wicked Iruh and Ugboyja villages that, troubled Isirele till he was made King,for this very purpose... instead he craves the title of overlord, over a people that uses their children as a sacrifice to their gods, an action that is an awa(taboo) to the God of isi rele”

With his head bent over Ida receded into deep thoughts, lifting up his head, he drew Mikame close to him and allowed her head to lean on his chest..
“Let your heart be at peace , the God of Isi rele is wise and would set the king in the right part “

I get tired of the palace Ida, it’s like the presence of the God of isi rele has departed, since the death of Ozawa in the hands of the prophet, the kingdom of Iruh has revolted , there is agitation in the palace, no peace, I can’t feel peace except...except when I’m with you...

“Your highness, do you mean the peace of isi-rele is being disturbed and threatened at the moment” Ida said
With a sincere concern and such a fire in his eyes...

Mikame was almost confused by this intensity in ida’s deamenour at the mention of the peace of isi-rele, that she had to change the topic due to a strange jealousy..

“How would you know, when you never leave this forest, how would you know when you never come to the palace to see me, I’m the only one coming to see you ..this is not fair”she began to sob

Touched by her words.”no your highness” taking her up and holding her upper hands with a firm gentility he bent his head a little so he could directly look into her eyes...”it’s not like that, of course I want to come see you...it’s just..wait let me show you something”

Ida vid walked towards a bushy area and came out with a coat made out of leopard skin,
“Please accept this gift, I finished it yesterday ...I wanted to present it on a special occasion , but I guess it’s best I give it to you now..please accept it”
“Wow, is this the same leopard you..”
“Yes Mikame, it’s a sign and a remembrance for me, I killed a leopard the day I met the woman of my dreams”
Mikame who was overjoyed jumped and hugged him, planting a kiss on his lips, which he returned , but broke out of with a sluggish hesitation as they both stared into each other’s eyes for a moment inflamed with passion..

“Ida your father request your presence immediately ” came a call from another shepherd

Turning away from the man and looking at Mikame with a strange look of surprise

“I’m coming with you”

“I guess I can’t leave you here all alone”
Please look after my sheep my good man”

Idavidi went hurriedly to his fathers lodge as Mikame followed him behind,
On getting there...
All his brothers stood around his father lord Vidi and an old man each had an expression of anger, disgust or wonder written on their faces..

It was when Mikame said “prophet Ehioseh behind him that he had a clue who the old man was”

“Young man kneel down, kneel down highly favored of The God of isi rele”
Ida fell on his knees as if the words of the prophet carried Awase(obedience charm)

He felt the cold ointment ,the anointing of the God of Isirele fall upon him, he was thrown on the ground but lifted up by Ehioseh... who dispatched everyone... and looked into his eyes before whispering to his ears
“From this point on, your life will take different turn, their are many many troubles ahead but the God of Isirele that has chosen you as captain over his people will help you and establish your name on the earth...

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2022
Chapter 4

“Three things destroy a man, the crave for influence among men, the crave for wealth and The crave for a woman, as king these three things are before you,”
Ehioseh on one of his many visit gave this teaching to Ida after his anointing happened,
“How then shall a man escape displeasing his God as king”

Ida replied this statement made by Ehioseh,
“My son you must point out what your own cravings are,and fight it, make it your servant and never let it consume you ....but you must remain a servant to the God that choose you as king, no matter how great a king you become...”

These were the last words of Ehioseh before he vanished...and Idavidi thought on it all through the night, till the next day when he and Mikame
Went to give drink to the sheep’s in the forest streams
Ida as usual brought his drum and began to beat gently to the tune of the calm wind of the forest...
Taking off her robe, Mikame went into the shallow banks of the river with only her under dress,
Ida quickly stopped his drumming with haste as he queried
“What are you doing your highness...”

“I want to dance to your drumming in the water while I take a swim”
She replied with a smirk on her face

“But..I must not see ..you are the Kings daughter..and..”

“I didn’t ask you to see any thing just play the drum ...I want to dance”Mikame giggled as she made for the water and began to dance softly to the melody of the drumbeats made by Ida who had resumed playing..

The shepherd struggled between avoiding her gaze and focusing on his drum, but as the drumming became intense and her movenments from side to side slowly blended with his rhythm till she became lost in the ecstasy of the sound...
Ida couldn’t tell the time when he left the drumming and joined her in the water ...his arm was around her in a firm embrace , breathing heavily upon her as she tugged on his shirt ..a vigorous fire began to kindle in him
“ What is stopping you from taking me...I have already told you I’m yours..how long will you make me wait, how long will you make my longing for you last”
These were mikame’s words under her breath...

You have know idea how much I desire to touch you, my love...but you are the Kings daughter ...I must not dishonor you and your father and the God of isi rele just for my own desires...but I promise you...soon I shall come for you in the presence of your father and I shall make you mine...”

“Very well then...I shall be waiting for you..do not make me wait any longer ..for now I must return to the palace “
She wiggled out of his embrace and made for her robe and left almost immediately as Ida watched from afar..mesmerized by his own ability of avoiding the escalation of invents when it concerned a beauty like Mikame..

That evening when Ida had his sleep..he fell into a vision and a presence filled his space with great light...in the midst of the light was a formless being of light that shown with greater intensity that the light that filled the room...from within came a voice

“Rise up Ida, I have chosen you among your fathers house and now I will begin to announce your name among my people..

Concerning the Kings daughter, for as much as you refused to defile her and to maintain integrity before me...I will give her to you as your wife and will never take my mercy from you..”

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2022
Chapter 5

Ida woke up the next day feeling very awkward...it was like suddenly he had lost all interest in rearing his sheep’s,
The Forest suddenly began so uncomfortable and boring...
He thought about Mikame all day, her face, her body how much he would love to be with her in the palace...
He thought about his visions.
His mind suddenly began to think of the peace of Isi rele...
“He was wasting away in the forest” a statement he began to hear often in his head..
But why now..why this sudden impatience
Could this be a sign.. just as he reasoned within himself..

Iyagbon jumped out from the woods in front of him
“Ida !! Mikame sent me to you she has an urgent message”

“What is it, tell me”

“It’s her father, he has staged a contest with her as the prize..Mikame is to be the wife of whoever wins the contest which the king has announced”

“Impossible my Mikame, tell me Iyagbon, take your breath in your mouth and tell me the details of this contest”

“Ida,A garrison led by a war lord from Iruh has broken through the palace and no one of our warriors can stand him, the king has said whoever kills this warlord whose name is Ogadogo, will marry his daughter and become general of the king’s army..two generals are already dead Idavidi”

“Very well..the signs are in place..this day I will leave the sheepfold of my father to defend Isirele and take my bride”

“But you are not a warrrior in Isi rele”

“Today I have become one...for this cause came I to this world...take me to the palace or Leave my way”
When iyagbon saw the fire in Ida ‘s eyes he obeyed him and took him through the forest but on his way he met his father ViDi the aged lord..

“Where are you going young man”

“To give food to my brothers in the field of the palace..please send a servant to watch the sheeps”
Ida had to buy eku(native snack )at the village gate ...so as to make his excuse factual....

By the time he got to the palace gate ...

The entrance has been salvaged and all the strong men of the palace were hiding behind the palace inner walls...

But as Idavidi approached the gates with iyagbon following closely..someone shot an arrow that landed in front of him

“Who dares approach these claimed lands, is it another filthy son of Isirele”
Ogadogo cursed as he approached with his two henchmen...the man was a monstrosity with six fingers and toes on his four limbs and his Ada(curved sword) was huge enough to fell a palm tree in one swipe

“And who dares defy the lands of Isirele with their accursed weapons, today I will send you to meet your dead gods of Iruh in the abyss where they are imprisoned by the High God of Isirele”

“Wait isn’t this a sherphards spear you wield, pathetic isi rele has run out of soldiers and would now send laborers to face me...today I will tear your flesh from your bones and when I have drunk enough of your filthy blood, I will splatter the rest on the altar of the gods of Iruh...”
Immediately Ogadogo finished his threats he made for Ida with lighting speed...the very earth he walked on shook in tremor...

Ida who had taken a battle stance all this while..equally ran towards Ogadogo with such a zest That the time he picked up a rock and when he swung it at Ogadogo could be exaggerated as microseconds...
It broke into Ogadogo ‘s head with such speed, that he lost balance.. before he could regain himsel... Idavidi had landed a kick right in his bosom, plucking his Ada from his hand, using the giants body as an anchor Idavidi made a sideways leap...using the momentum to swing the blade that he separated Ogodago’s head from his shoulders,leaving His neck a fountain of blood spraying with such an altitude to reveal the victory of Ida to both Iruh and Isi rele...

“Warriors of Isi rele ..defend the Land of your father”Ida called

The men Returned the call of Ida with a battle cry as they flung the doors of the inner gates open as they marched in mass upon the garrison of the Iruh warrriors....destroying them all

That evening the family of Ida the house of lord Vidi was invited as he was wedded before the king to his bride Mikame...
He was made the General of the army and chief trainer to prince Onata,the younger brother to Mikame who has heard a lot about the beast slayer, sherpherd and drummer of the The forest of Iruha from his sister...
He was bonded to Ida and sat at his feet learning the deep wisdom from this strange man...
Whose fame suddenly began to spread all around Isi rele and beyond

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2022
chapter 6

It’s been a year since Ida son of Vidi was made General of the armies of Isi-rele, and his exploits has only grew,stretching far beyond Iruh and Ugboyja kingdoms, Ida has conquered lands even in the strange lands of Amawo..the land of spirits...

But the increase in Isi rele’s territory did nothing to help the insecurity of the king..

“Since this boy came into my palace, everyone is claiming to find the peace that have left the palace for so long...
They claim to be at rest, at rest when I their captain, languishes in torments of doubt and matter..
Tell me Idunedo..what do you think of this sherphard
This was king Aigbojie to his head Guard and most trusted friend
“My lord, I don’t trust this boy..first he comes and takes away your daughter,then he does same to your army,now he tries to take away your people disguise as fighting the battles of Isi rele...my lord he is a fraud and you must deal with him “

“Indeed you are the wrong man to advise my father”came the voice of prince Onata who has been listening the entire time

“My lord”?idunebo said with a look of shock
“Forgive me father, I couldn’t help but listen when I heard my teacher’s name, mentioned with such disdain by my father, the great king he does his bidden for with his life day and night”

“Well son I don’t want him to serve me with his life..all I want is for him to lose it in battle..to be slain by the Eben of Iruh or Amawo, this boy is a threat to my dynasty or are you blind Onata”!
The king barked at his son

“Indeed I am not, when I noticed you left the skilled hunters of Isi rele and kept sending your war general on unreasonable and dangerous missions to capture demons and lost treasures, not even considering that he is newly wedded to your own daughter...
I wasn’t blind to the fact that you want him dead..but somehow this great warrior always escaped and came home victorious..father this is unlike you, you are changed!!!”

“Silence Onata, yes indeed it’s unlike the king to use tactics to achieve his aim..that is why once he returns from the battle field of Amawo..I will have him executed”

“What,!!! on what charge father”??

“For treason and any other charge I deem fit”

“You will do no such thing to your loyal servant”

“Watch me..and you better stay out of my way...I am your father but don’t you forget I am also your king...away from my sight you Fool”!!

Onata barged out of the courtroom...
Rooming through the palace in deep thoughts for a few minutes he made for his sisters chambers..princess Mikame

Standing at the door of her room he knocked and called almost in a whisper..she came immediately she recognized his voice and told her maidens to stay back

“What is it brother”
“You must go to the garrison at Amawo and warn your husband, to stole away from the army...the safest place is at Ehioseh the prophets’ domain,

“But why?, why can’t you tell Him yourself I can’t be found in the war Front”
Mikame questioned

“It’s the only way to save him, Father wants him dead and he knows I’m against it....every soldier with Ida is probably loyal to my father and they won’t hesitate to slay him once they get the order..if I go they will only refuse me seeing him, because the king knows I’m against him..
But if you go disguise as a casual visit you could pass him this message.. hurry now his life is in your hands ....

Mikame took her horse and three of her maids and hurried to the fields of Amawo where the Isirele army made camp and arrived by nightfall

“What a surprised, I was told by my men that my wife has come to see me...but I did not believe..what is the matter..did my lord the king send for me?”
Ida spoke as soon as he saw his wife..

“Enough of the questions my husband..can’t I come to the fields to see my husband who I long to comfort day and night... at least let me tend to your wounds the way no physician can”
Mikame answered her husband with a smile on her face

“You don’t fool me my dear, you of all people knows that the General of Isi rele, can’t be seen with his wife..when his men are at war..tell me what really brings you here”

“Indeed my lord, a matter of great importance have brought me...but I can only divulge it in private”

“Very well my love..Everyone leave us”
The maidens and all the warriors present left the General with his wife

“Now telll me my love what matter of great importance have you come to tell me...are you with child or”

“Stop playing around Idavidi,stop acting blind to the obvious...you know my father seeks your life..yet you threw your self at his outrageous demands..why are you even here at Amawo in the first place if not to die and render me a widow”Mikame burst out in eith emotions before Ida could speak further

“My love..it is my duty to serve Isi rele...it is my destiny to fight the enemies of my people”

Ida said trying to console his wife

“Well I guess so..you can’t serve your people if you are dead...I saw you the day Ehioseh anointed you...you are the next king of Isi rele...because my father has changed...he wants you dead...my brother Onata sent me to you..
He warns that you Must flee the army because my father wants you dead, no one in this garrison can be trusted ...you must go to Ehioseh’s domain...and you must go now...”

“What ...but I can’t leave my place of service”

“Yes you can and you should..these are loyal to my father..you must preserve your life ..so you can live to fulfill the will of the God of isi rele...
go now my love..don’t return to the garrison take my horse and run, it is stocked with goods for your journey..I will share with my maidens..
The confused Ida looked at his wife
“My love how can I ever repay you...”

Drawing close with an embrace..Mikame emerged herself in a passionate kiss with her husband and friend
“Just don’t die and come back to me my love..go now”

Idavidi quickly hurried off into the night as Mikame and her maidens made for the palace..after telling their guards that she left Ida praying in the forest to the gods of Isi rele...but after the warriors waited the whole night that they discovered Ida has stolen away...

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2022
Commments are needed pls..
If you find the story good or bad pls comments..critics are welcomed ...I need to know what I can do to improve or where I’m getting it right..

Also art critics are welcome to do justice to the art thanks guys

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Chapter 7

By the next morning, Aigbojie had changed his mind about waiting for Ida to return before executing his plans..
Instead he sent a message for his head to be delivered to him upon the return of the garrison at Amawo,
But luckily for Ida he had already escaped...

But the forces of the king continued in hot pursuit,one squandron was sent to Ihuda, Ida ‘s home village, while another was sent to the Domain of Ehioseh...

“My father ..how can I thank you for the hospitality which you have shown me”

“A place to sleep and food..is the least I can do for the anointed of the God of isi rele”
Prophet Ehioseh replied the gratitude of Ida who had just woken up from his stressful sleep..

“You can’t stay for long..I have seen the forces of Aigbojie..and they are in hot pursuit..go now my son..I will do my last bit for you..because today I return to my creator”Ehioseh remarked with a solem look on his face..

Ida whose head has been bent all this while, quickly looked up in haste and agitation “my lord ,you can’t go now...I will be like a chick at the loss of its mother hen without you”

“Oh Ida you must learn to put your trust in the God of isi rele above anyone on the surface of the earth...but nevertheless my son Owen will go with you...he will serve as your prophet once I’m gone...but first you two must leave immediately ..I have a carriage prepared for your departure go to the outskirts of Iyamini villiage go now!”

As soon as Idavidi escaped through the back gates,A squadron of Armed soldiers besieged the main gates of Ehiosehs domain,

“By the order of King Aigbojie, the great sovereign of Isirele..we demand that you hand over Ida the traitor, else we come in and search him out ourselves killing everyone else in the process”
Thundered the head of the regiment Enubha, Who was once the the head guard, but became second in command of the army after Idavidi came

By the time he was through, the old Ehioseh emerged from within the castle to the roof of the high gates attended by many other sons of the prophet

“Enubha your blind loyalty to the rejected king will be your doom, Aigbojie has missed it and offended the lord, will you join him to go against the God of isi rele”

“Silence Old man,today I will present your head to my king...Archers Fire”

The archers hesitated abit..but fired hundreds of arrows into the skies..but before the got to Ehiosehs company..by the last minutes the arrows were turned back by a force and instead of raining on all the squandron..they coiled into a straight line and rained upon Enubha the head of the regiment ..turning him into a spike spectacle

The rest of the squandron fell into a prophetic frenzy where they lost their senses for a period ..eating the grasses around the domain like goats and tearing their clothes in pieces, screaming like mad men..by the time they regained their self Ehioseh was still looking down from his fence

“Now friends return home, your life has been spared to serve the true king of Isirele “
Ehioseh said these word and then breath his last breath..and fell backwards into the arms of his sons

“The Great Eye of Isi rele has fallen the mighty seer of the High God has been taken away”

The chants scattered among the squandron and the priest as they made about their way to announce the tidings that has befalling Isi rele..

Ida and Owen the young prophet found themselves at the outskirts of Iyamini and discovered it was nothing but an enclave of caves and more caves
“What was Ehioseh thinking to send me here, my God”

“Who dares come to this caves name yourself”
Came a voice from within one of the caves, followed by a clinging of metallic objects probably weopons

“Who desires to know”
Ida fired back as Owen froze behind him

“Okay then we are the red rebels and you are a deadman”
As soon as they made this statement three men came out of the cave holding a spear,sword and a giant mallet respectively..
Followed by a large number of men numbering above 500,
Turns out the three where their leaders
Asokulu , Onigbi and Azagba

“I am Ida son of Vidi a warrior of Isi rele and I desire a safe passage as I am on my quest”

“Oh Ida,the servant of the Treacherous king of Aigbojie,who banished us his greatest warriors because we revolted against his alliance with enemies of Isirele are you tired of doing his bidding”

“I seek only the peace of my people and the will of my God”

“Yes we have heard that, many belive you are sent from God to deliver Isi rele,but you will prove it today..because if indeed The God of isi rele has sent you..you will survive the might of the greatest warriors of Isi rele which happenes to be the three of us the great triad of The red rebels”
This was Asokulu speaking gripping his spear as he fixed his gaze on Ida

“Very well then”Ida spoke gesturing Owen to stay back with one hand as he pulled out his sword with the other

“Now brothers”

Asokulu launches out with a straight attack, but Ida bent over with lightning speed as he invaded the attack, as soon as he stood straight from the strike he met Azigba coming for him with a swipe from his mallet which he deflected with his sword before taking tree backflips to avoid further strikes...
He faced of Onigbi in a brief sword fight before regaining his stamina to engage the trio more seriously..

Launching for Onigbi, ida’s sword attacks were so ferocious that he sent Onigbi sword flying in the air landing in front of azigba, Who out of rage swung his mallet in multiple directions,but Idavidi used its weight against Him, by shifting cause in the last minute sending Him crashing to the ground..but refused to harm either of them..

Asukolo all this while watched Ida fight and waited for the right time to launch his spare aiming for his blindsport when he fought the two ...as the spare came flashing through the sky towards the ex general...
Ida turned quickly with the speed of a demigod..deflecting the spear with such precision that it landing on the wall space between Asokulu ‘s neck and shoulder narrowly escaping any fatal blow..

“I have fought many wars, never have I seen a warrior battle with the strength of God as this man..never have I seen a man fight as this man”
Came Asukolo’s remark and admiration

But Ida standing above the trio replied
“Is this about the fighter, is this about skill...or is it about a cause..if it is..our cause is to do the will of The God of Isirele and liberate our people...that cause is mine..is it yours”?

“If that is so..we will fight by your side under your command “
Asukolo answered

“Thank you my brothers”replied the ex general

“All hail the man Ida” Onigbi added

“Hail the leader of the red rebels” Azigba said facing the other warriors”

“May he live long” chanted the entire gathering of warriors as they carried Ida into the inner caves

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by soke02(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Great work, pls update
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
soke02:
Great work, pls update
Thank you I soon will
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Chapter 8

“Lies I don’t believe this,Mikame would never agree”
Ida roared on hearing the unpleasant news that has just been told to him by one of the spies sent by the red rebels to Isi rele

“My lord I speak the truth, the king demanded that Mikame your wife marries Idunebo,it was obviously punishment for her because he discovered she helped you escape “
The spy further announced

“How could he”?ida spoke under his breath in disbelief in fraustration and disbelief
“My lord I fear there is worse news..on the night of the wedding the king stayed in the room where the marriage was consumated he watched idunebo have intercourse with her”..added Asokulu

“By God,Mikame’s womb will reject his seed, I shut the gates of her quivers...this evil must not birth a child...until I restore my wife and plunged my sword into the bare chest of idunebo the defiler “ Ida cursed and swore in anger...

“Be careful the words you speak my lord...the anointed of the God of isi rele carries power in his words” Owen the young prophet spoke with a voice of contemplation in advice to Ida

“In the mean time my lord we must make our way to Ihuda ...it is under siege..Aigbojie has sent a squandron to hold hostage all members of your family and the household of Vidi your father ” Onigbi who was already on his horse spoke

“Yes it’s time to go to Ihuda”
Ida spoke as he rode off on his own horse the others following after in a gallop of horses

...on the way to Ihuda...the troop passed by the Ehioseh’s domain and found it burnt down and totally seized, on enquiry it was discovered that
Aigbojie has returned with a bigger troop after the death of Ehioseh, the king killled 15 of the 20 young prophets tutored by The seer, the remaing five escaped ..their crime ...”helping Ida the traitor”

“By God I will destroy this accursed king...he has brought a curse upon himself by killing prophets of the lord”Azigba who was short in temper cried out in emotion with tears in his eyes...he was the youngest among the triad and given to weep often whenever he was angered ,but that didn’t stop him from being valiant..hence he was nicknamed “the weeping warrior”

“The king has hurt me more than anyone I know..but still I can not lay my hands on the man who has been once anointed as king over the people of the God of Isirele” Ida said as he looked at his men with a pacified look..they looked back at him some in disbelief, anger, admiration and others disgust

Asokulu drew closer with his horse and said “I have heared stories of your integrity and loyalty to the God of this land, I may not totally agree or understand your method but I will stand with you on whatever decision you decide..”

“Indeed Asokulu...Indeed and I am grateful to have your support and that of others “..

The men set camp at the border between Ehioseh’s domain and Ihuda for the night
And just before light went out a young woman snook into the camp and demanded to see the warrior of Isirele

“what message do you have for him”
Came Onigbi who by now was the chief guard

“I will only speak when I see my lord Ida,or isn’t he here” came the words of the sassy maiden who spoke with unusual confidence

“How dare you ..make demands do you know before whom you stand or where you are”!

“The masters says to bring her in” Asokulu the second in command spoke from within Ida’s tent and the young maiden was brought in
..immediately she enterd the presence of the ex general, she fell on her knees and bowed
“My lord...I have heard so much of your exploits and victories..but it is your beauty and glory that strikes fear and admiration into me”she spoke with such submission that one would deny she was the maiden that came into the camp with confidence

“Young woman..have you come to flatter me or to bring me a message as I was told” Idavidi spoke as he viewed her from above

“Indeed i come with a message..but please let me bask in your presence a bit more...because from my younger youths I have dreamt of the day I will be face to face with the great Warrior Ida, now that it is here..let me relish the moment “the woman spoke

Her attitude were very suspicious but also sincere in a way, Idavidi would have acted more carefully with her but, he was ticked and although it was hidden by his war gait, he was in fact smitten by her beauty and submission and her eagerness to please him..

“Very well then..what is your name young woman”

“Your handmaiden’s name is Sovie, I am a maiden under the order of the Imue witches and my mistress is the great witch of imue..her name is Ihita
Sovie replied still on her knees, bowing her head and raising it up momentarily to catch a glimpse of idavidi’s gaze like someone hooked by a love potion

“My lord this girl is probably a witch you must be careful with her”Owen whispered into Ida’s ears but everyone heared it including Sovie

“Indeed Owen and she doesn’t seem to be hiding that fact Ida spoke still looking at her with an expression little shot of wonder”

“My lord I ran away from my mistress when I discovered that she and king Aigbojie has hatched a plan to kill you and if no one tells you of it..you will be killed”

“You would betray your mistress ,why” ?Asokulu gripping his sword as he spoke

“Because I love my lord Idavidi, I have always desired to leave the order, I was born into it and do not desire to be a witch ..all I want is to serve the God of Isirele alongside my lord”

“My lord this woman is probably a LovePeddler ,she can’t be trusted”Onigbi screamed from behind her where he stood”

“Then we will let her prove herself..she has come as she is and I will not turn her back...you said Aigbojie has hatched a plan with your mistress..well then when I capture your mistress you will execute her “

“If that will prove my love for you then gladly”sovie said as she stood up and stretched her hands which were tied up the whole time..and Idavidi tore the ropes with his sword”

Now it turns out the witch Ihita was hired by Aigbojie to hold the family of Idavidi hostage and they set a trap for him..she cast a spell of invisibility on her self so that as soon as Ida and his men walks in he won’t see were the blow of his death comes from..

But sovie showed them how to cancel the spell by smearing bees honey all over themselves these will force the invisible witches out of their hiding...
This they did and it worked the witches were ambushed and killed and the hostages which consisted the parents of Ida and other distant relatives were released..
Turns out his brothers were loyal to Aigbojie and campaigned that ida turns himself in if he really cares for his family..

After the victory Ihita was tied up on a tree and Ida and his men were brought before her and sovie followed closely

“Such a shame you did not mind your business but decided to do the work of evil in my own hometown witch, your kind is not welcome in all of Isi rele but still you dared..what do you have to say for yourself “Ida questioned

“If you expect me to beg for mercy ..I will not..I just wish I could get the chance to rip your eyes from their sockets” Ihita spoke in deviance

“Not remorseful I see..but I guess this will break your pride ..Sovie”
Idav said turning to face the maiden

“Ah Indeed you little traitor....your betrayed the order for what”?ihita spoke with a visible anger that could blind someone

“I told you anyone, but Ida can be touched..I will kill anyone to protect him”
Sovie spoke as she slowly drew a dagger from the side of Idavidi “

“You stupid girl..you will pay for this ..and you Ida..your Greatness will always be tinged by your weakness ..your love for beautiful maidens will be your downfall it will be your.....”
Gasping for breath Ihita couldn’t get the words out ..as sovie kept the dagger firmly buried inside her chest holding still till she gave up the ghost..once she confirmed her mistresses death..sovie fell on her knees again
Before Idavidi “my lord I have done as you have asked of me”

Idavidi watched her as Owen came to his ears
“Hope you plan nothing with her..don’t forget you have a wife “

“Silence Owen..this one is for keeps..she has proven herself and today I shall wed her” pulling her up into his arms Idavidi held sovie in an embrace that his chest pressed against her bosom ..taking of one of his beads he put it on her neck and yanked her off her feet carrying her into his tent...
To the applaud of Asokulu and Azigba ,but to the dismay of Owen who remarked in fear under his breath “my lord this is not right” and Onigbi who only kept saying “a LovePeddler, she is a LovePeddler “

But Ida by then had already gone busy with his new wife sovie..
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by soke02(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
U are doing well

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
Chapter 9
“You have provoked him long enough father and now you will taste his fury..you have succeeded in dividing Isi rele into a nation with internal wars” Onata who has ridden all night on his horse to report the advancing troops of Ida towards Aigbojie palace

“How dare you boy”the king said almost rising from the throne where he sat

“Father all these are not necessarily..you sought his life and he let you be..but his wife..no man will let another take his wife forcefully from him not even her father..so let me,I beseech you..return Mikame to him in peace,he will listen to me..please father”
Onata said as he fell on his knees begging his father to be reasonable

“Of course he will listen to you..how won’t he when you have foolishly given him your birth right...you desire him to be king instead of me ..don’t you “

“When will you learn father..this is no longer about you..the very peace and survival of Isi rele depends on this matter..and if Ida has been chosen by all the signs under heaven, who am I to refuse”Onata spoke out to the shock and dismay of his father

“Very well then..I am guiltless of what next I do to you..Traitor”as soon as he finished this statement..Aigbojie grabed a spear that was close to his throne and with great speed launched it at his kneeling son...
The spear picked him from the ground and pinned him to the adjourning wall as he gasped for the remaining life within his bowels..

“Noo Onata”!!! Mikame who has been watching from within the inner chambers cried out as Idunebo tried to restrain her from causing a scene...

“Good timing idunebo..finish of my son..do it now..and take his place none has been more loyal to me than you”Aigbojie said throwing a sword at Idunebo who grabed it mid air..

“You don’t know how much I have desired to kill you Onata”
Idunebo the defiler said as he drew closer with his sword in his hands and an evil smile on his face

“A Curseon you Idunebo..long live Ida the king of isi rele”
Onata said as he struggled with his wound...in an instant He was smitten dead by idunebo with one blow as Mikame ran to the dead corpse of her brother with tears in her eyes...

Outside the gates of Isi rele..the troops of Ida had arrived,the soldiers of the kingdom stayed above the fence as they made an attack down below upon Ida’s forces..

Riding his horse in haste towards the gate ..Ida prayed under his breath..
“God of Isirele give me strength “
Standing upright on his moving horse with shaking stability..he leaped with great power and landed over the walls of the fence..right in the middle of the guards..he made a quick work on the gate keepers and after they were dead..he flung the gates open for the rest of the red rebels to swarm into the palace...further inside..a troop kept the inner gates..but Ida like a mighty man.. broke through them..slashing through as he made for his wife’s chambers..but on getting there, it was empty..but just as he thought on were else to search..someone shot him with an arrow at his back...
he turned around to see it was idunebo..he plucked out the arrow from his back held it in his hand and made for him with a rage that..
Idunebo in fear threw the bow at Idavidi ..which he grasped in mid air..breaking the steel bow with his bare hands..

By this time idunebo made to retreat but was blocked by the chest of Asukolo

“Allow me my lord..you should not do a defiler like this fellow the honour of slaying him..you are a man with oil...”Asokulu begged..

“Please let me go..your wife is in the courtroom..I will help you kill Aigbojie ..just spare me please” Idunebo wept

“I will always prefer Enubha to you..his loyalty to Aigbojie was real although blind to a fault..you are just a deciever..fall upon him Asokulu..make him pay”
Ida commanded
Asokulu walked towards him grabed him by his neck..lifted him up and landed him bottom way on his spear..imapling him as Idunebo screamed in pain till he could no longer when the spear came out from his mouth..”

On getting to the Palace..
Mikame ran toward Ida who hugged her in tears of joy but soon turned to sorrow when he recognized the lifeless body of Onata on the ground weeping as he held to him

“Oh Onata my brother and friend ..you did not deserve to die like this” Ida cried

“You should worry more about your own death Ida”
Aigbojie spoke from behind the throne..coming out slowing in his battle regalia as he spoke

Ida who rose up with anger in his eyes looked at him and spoke

“My lord the king..what have I done to you to deserve such wickedness..I served you all my days in your place but you have turned around and hurt me beyond words”

“ I will do even more you fool..I will do as I please..you know why..because I am king..do you think yourself king of Isi rele..it will never happen”Aigbojie spoke as he gripped his sword

“Well you have sent all manner to hunt me down..here I am before you..kill me if you can” Ida spoke holding on to his own sword

“With pleasure” Aigbojie grabbed his blade and launched at him,
Who moved to the side , for the sword to land on the ground..in lighting speed..Aigbojie regained balance and swung it at Ida who bent down for it to pass over his head..receiving a kick from the king in this split seconds which send his sword to the ground ..
The king who seemed to be having the upper hand ..attacked the weoponless Ida with full force..but the stance of Ida had changed as he wrestled the blade out of the kings hands..
Landing series of blows and kicks to all parts of the Aigbojie’s body..before gripping him around the waist..taking him up sending him crashing to the ground..as Aigbojie lay on the ground defeated and exhausted Ida stood above him after picking up a sword
“As much as I want to kill you..I can’t defile myself by slaying the once anointed of the God of Isirele..you will be arrested and tried according to the laws of the land for your crimes”
Ida said as he dropped his blade before Aigbojie and everyone

“I will not stand trial in my own kingdom..I will never be humiliated ..never”
With his last strength Aigbojie picked up Ida ‘s sword and plunged it into his belly dragging out the sword and his internal organs to hasten his death process as he screamed for pain given up the Ghost to the dismay of everyone present

“Oh my lord Aigbojie..the great leopard of Isirele ..your end is a lamentations and a dirge for all the sons of Isisrele” Ida cried as tears flowed from his eyes as he fell on his knees before the dead king

Just then Owen walked in carrying something hidden in a cloak toward the kneeling Ida

“Thus sayeth the God of Isirele ..with the fall of the rejected King is the Rise of Ida the chosen king of Isi rele today is he anointed and Crowned king over all the lands as it has been ordained by the high God” Owen spoke as he unveiled a crown and a horn of oil which he emptied upon Ida’s head and placed the crown on him afterwards
“Behold warriors of Isirele ..behold your king great people of the high God”
Owen cried facing the now numerous company in the palace court

“Long live Ida son of Vidi the Great..king of all Isirele “cried out the multitude in unison as Ida arose no longer a fugitive..but a Great king in his prime age ..ready to rule his people and serve the God of his fathers that has chosen him
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
End of part 1...
Part 2 of Idavidi will begin soon

For now I will be focusing on the character Art of part 1 characters
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by soke02(m): 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is commendable.
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
soke02:
This is commendable.
Thank you boss I appreciate
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Tales of King Ida Part 2
Chapter 10

It’s been ten years since the crowning of Ida over all Isi rele and the kingdom soon grew into a massive Empire as Iruh ,Ugboyja and the dark kingdoms of Amowa were conquered and dispersed almost totally..the little threats the remnant posed was broken by the kings armies

On a day of the celebration of such a victory ..the king held a feast for all his generals and their wives at his palace

Onosayi the great priest of music and drums was invited by the king to produce melodies for celebration ..his position was elevated by Ida who is a lover of music and praise ..

After words were spoken and praises given to God and the king..the feasting was declared by the Ida who retired to his throne to watch his people celebrate Mikame his first Queen seating by his side..

Now Mikame the very first wife of Ida has not been able to produce a child for him all through their years of marriage but the king cared less and loved her still..although many claim its because he has 3 children to stand on from his second queen Sovie who has given the king two boys, prince Omoba and Obhiojie and a girl the Princess Royal Asuwa..
Not to mention his other illegimate children from his many mistresses..yes indeed..
The king’s great name is a little altered by his love and desire for beautiful maidens something Mikame blames on her rival sovie
“It was after my husband tasted of you that he began to desire strange women..the Ida I know is a man of discipline and control..he wouldn’t touch me until we were properly married” she would shout to Sovie during the heat of their arguments

“Maybe you are not as beautiful as you think,that’s why he could leave you alone..when I met the king..he could hardly wait for his men to be out of his presence before he had his hands around me”Sovie would taunt

“LovePeddler”!!
“Barren woman”!!
This was the usual banter between the queens..

During the feast as soon as the dancing began..Mikame jealously followed her husband’s gaze to see what he was looking at and indeed as she suspected it was the beautiful maidens dancing at the square
“What a shame..I won’t be surprised if your aim of calling this feast isn’t to praise God for the victory of Isirele but to fulfill your lust on the maidens of Isi rele”
Mikame whispered into Ida’s ears
..turning to look at her in shock and anger
“Must you mock me with my weakness woman”!!
In anger Ida stood up from the throne and made for his chambers Mikame following behind ..the crowd momentarily stopped the dancing but continued after some minutes..

“Send her away..you were never like this till she came into your life “
Mikame said from behind Ida
as soon as they were alone in the room
“She is the mother of my children Mikame ..she is queen of Isi rele”

“I am your queen ..not her “ Mikame said with a teary voice
Coming to her side Ida tried to calm her down
“Mikame..”
“She is a witch..a witch thats what she is”
This statement suddenly infuriated Ida who suddenly went few paces back and gazed at her
“That was her past..I do not want to ever hear that from you again”
Barging out as soon as he was done..leaving Mikame broken in tears crying as she found her way to the bed’smattress upon which she wept further...

Standing on the palace elevation overlooking Azua the capital city in Ihuda were the seat of the kingdom of Isi rele is now based was Ida meditating ..just behind was Sovie looking at her husband for some minutes before she embraced him from behind and planted a kiss on his neck and rested on him before she spoke
“My love why do you let her talk to you the way she wants..you are now king ..she should stop seeing herself as the princes and you her fathers subject you know”

“You shouldn’t have eavesdropped on our discussion Sovie ..you would only get annoyed by her words”
Ida spoke turning to face her

“I don’t care what she says my lord..it’s just your own words I want to hear..I already know she is bent on sending me and my sons away..I only pray that you don’t follow her..it’s obvious you are blinded by you love for her..nothing I do pleases you anymore because of her”..Sovie spoke bowing her head

“I love the both of you Sovie..why do you keep going on with this..only a fool will send away the mother of his children..keep your heart at rest my love” Ida said with a smile

“I belive you my lord..why not come to my chambers this night ..you know I’m still young enough to bare you more children”Sovie replied with a smile

“Indeed love..but the feasting has wearied me today..I will retire to my own chambers ..but tommorow expect me ..you know I desire you above all women I have ever known “ planting a kiss on her lips..The king walked away to his chambers were Mikame lay although not weeping aloud but still shedding tears

“Mikame..it’s okay..I am sorry for my harshness today..it’s just that when it comes to my family things are complicated..true I desire a lot of women.. and it’s worse now that I am king..but know one can take your place you will always be my first love and the wife of my youth “
Lying by her side Ida drew his wife close to him lifting her head Mikame spoke with tears in her eyes and agony in her voice
“My love ..forgive me “
For what my dear
“For not giving you children..I’m sorry my love..I don’t.....”
“Mikame stop..it’s not man that gives children..you are worth more than ten sons to me my love..be quite now and sleep”
drawing her closer to himself Ida and his wife slept off into the night in tears whispering words of love and hope to themselves till the dawning of the day..
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Chapter 11

The peace that was being celebrated by the feast at the palace didn’t last long..because five days after,a legion from the northern lands of Imue attacked the villiages of Iyamini..
A regiment was urgently sent to crush it, though it was a serious mission the generals agreed that the king stay at home and continue his rest which has been interrupted by this uproar at Iyamini

Without his generals and closest men Ida the king grew bored and wandered through the palace meditating and pondering on his greatness and achievements..how far he has come
“Prophecies do come to pass ..so Ida the sherpherd is now really the great Overlord of all Isi rele”?
He went through the the palace..to the armory,down the castle to the lodging of his high ranking officials..passing through the room way..just then he came back to the door of a room he passed, the room was slightly open, but he could clearly see what had caught his attention within the room.. A woman so ravishing that Ida stood numb as he watched her..worse still she had just taken a bath and was dressing up..slowly he walked into her room...the guards who were posted at the door..stood still like statues almost like they didn’t see the king as he walked into ..this maiden’s chambers..

Slowly he grabed her from behind, a grip he tightened as she struggled in shock to see who had held her

“My lord ,what..what are you ..doing “
She spoke as she lessened her struggle once she knew it was the king”

“I have never seen someone as beautiful as you are..all my bones shiver within me as I hold you to myself..I swear I have to make you mine”Ida spoke as he anchored his mouth close to her ear from behind her

“Not so my lord..this cannot be” she spoke struggling to keep her lips and neck from his seductive kisses
“Why not..aren’t you smitten by my Glory and beauty as I am smitten by yours”
Replied the king

“I’m afraid the issue isn’t my preference..but that I am married and even so to your trusted friend Iyagbon”spoke the maiden , turning to face him as Ida loosened his grip on her upon hearing her words

For a moment Ida realized he was actually in the Lodgings of the king’s best warriors and Iyagbon his old hunter friend which he made a commander must have lodged his wife here for the feast but left because of the attack at Iyamini

“Indeed ..you must be Eramiyi his new bride..I heared of your beauty but never knew your were this ravishing” Ida spoke as he went towards the door to lock it

“The fact that I am married won’t stop you I suppose”
Eramiyi spoke as she looked at the king in fear and surprise

“You are right that Iyagbon is my friend ..but don’t forget he too is my servant and what is his I can take..I must have you here and now”
As he drew close to her..she retreated backwards but fell on her bed ..

“My lord please do not..I am actually in the period of blood flow..please do not defile yourself”
She pleaded as Ida stood above her

“We both know it’s a lie ..and if it is so..the secret of our engagement will be hidden from your husband..be quite now”
Eramiyi allowed him into her with little struggle..knowing that her protest will do nothing ..none would dare question the actions of the king..thinking on this injustice..Eramiyi turned her face as tears trickled down her eyes..

A week later the king was having a meeting with some of his officials
When Mikame barged looking angry and hurt

“Everyone leave us” Ida commanded

“What is the meaning of this “ he said barking at his wife..

“How dare you Ida” Mikame said with tears pointing at The king

“Drop that finger woman no one points a finger at the king of Isi rele”
Ida said standing up from where he sat in fury

“You are no different from my father..you allowed your power corrupt you..you didn’t even consider the God that raised you up”

Will you get to the point ..I am not like your father who abandoned the lords battles ..I have done as he ask all my days with a clean heart” the king yelled as he walked towards her

Looking into his eyes Mikame spoke
“A clean heart,? then tell me why Eramiyi weeps..tell me why Iyagbon her husband is dead”

“Iyagbon died in battle a week ago...how is that my fault do I have the power to preserve life” The king cried out

“Lies ..Eramiyi told me everything ..and that she is now with child from her affair with you ..I found her weeping at my door..this girl is a young bride and doesn’t deserve to be widowed and impregnated by a lustful king”
Mikame cried as she walked out of the room..slamming the door behind her..

As soon as she left Ida fell back into his seat..sinking into it in worry
“What a monster I have become..of course I gave others to Asokulu to kill iyagbon in his sleep..iyagbon led me to my very first love and now I have taken his from him”

As he spoke to himself under his breath ..Owen the high priest and prophet walked in

“What troubles you my lord”?
Came the words of the prophet

“What brings you here Owen..it’s been a while I saw you ..since you refused to stay at Azua..because of my concubines or have you changed your mind”
The king replied trying to cover his sad mood with jokes

“My lord I’m only here to bring you a question ”answered Owen

“A question ? Let’s hear it then”

“My lord can a child be conceived by a woman in the days of her blood flow”

Shocked by Owen’s question Ida answered
“No”

As soon as the king replied ..Owen drew close to him that his eyes fixed on the king directly

“Thus sayeth the lord ..For the abomination which you have done..The maiden which you defiled in her blood will conceive a child as a symbol of your sin and shame..but the child won’t live but shall die because of the man you have slain ...you have this day unleashed a great evil on Isi rele and on your own household .but because of your service to the lord in times past your life won’t be taken from your speedily”
As soon as Owen spoke He left the kings chambers but Ida followed after him ..pleading for him to wait all the way to the palace courtyard where he fell to the ground before everyone...Owen turned around to look at Ida who rose up slowly on his knees before crying out
“This day my greatness has failed me..this day is Ida proven to be a man.
What a shame..my wickedness is before the eyes of everyone ..I have failed Isi rele.. I have failed my God that raised me..I have failed my wife ,I have my children I have failed my people and myself..
Wait Owen..please wait you adviced me..but I did not listen...wait and beseech the God of my fathers for me...tell him to forgive me and be merciful to me..for I am just a man and a creature of many lust”

Ida lay on the palace courtyard half naked because he had torn his clothes in grief...he was there all day till everyone retired to their rooms..it was in the middle of the night that Owen returned
Laying a hand on him
“Arise Ida..though the lord will not reverse his judgment he has forgiven you and heard your cry..many pains you will pass through for the evil you have done..but his mercy will be with you and at the end he will restore you”go now and comfort Eramiyi and treat her properly..

That night Ida ..made his way to the chamber of Eramiyi and knelt down before her weeping,

“Many grief have you brought on me ..oh king..but why should you put a curse on me by kneeling before me when you know you are anointed with oil”Eramiyi spoke looking away from the king to avoid his gaze

“As a wrench and a man under the influence of the dragon..I have done you great evil..it is only your mercy I plead”

“You can have it or rather you can take it..as you took everything from me by your power”
She spoke covering her face as the tears built up inside her

“No Eramiyi I do not desire to leave you desolate..I will restore your honour...a queen of Isirele shall you be and the mother of my successor ..all I ask is forgiveness even as my God has forgiven me”Ida finally answered

But Eramiyi did not reply ..the king left her that night..

the next day..he sent for her and married her,but when the child was born ..it was a girl but she died a day after birth..

The king was very grieved that his soul became altered and he vowed never to have intercouse with any woman aside his wives ever again..

This ordeal ended the mad desire for woman that Plagued Ida’s early years...
But new battles began, battles that Ida knew the cause..
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by soke02(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
We are still waiting for more

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
Chapter 12

It’s been a year since the tragic incident that ravaged the palace,
Ida and Eramiyi has welcomed another child a boy whom they named, Igbinova
But this joy was soon cut short by the play of events that ransacked Isi rele

“It’s a plague of pestilence..blowing hot from the south of Isirele “
“More than a thousand are already dead my lord”
“Crops die out in instant..incurable disease..spreads ravaging villiage after villiage..a few more and it will get to the center of Isi rele,to Azua your very throne”

Came the numerous complaints of different dukes from all around Isi rele

“Send for Owen the prophet at once ...he is at Uwa-Ehioseh “
Ida commanded and by night fall the prophet came

“Owen what is going on”
The king cried as soon as he saw the prophet at the hall way

“It’s retribution my lord, the handwork of dark spirits..unleashed by your abomination..they used your sin to open a portal upon the edge of Isi rele and if not handled the entire land will be consumed in darkness”

“Oh my God..Indeed I cannot escape from this evil I have done”the king cried falling on his seat

“Let the captain of Isi rele not lose heart..my lord dispatch me and my brothers and we will crush this evil” Asokulu the Kings General shouted from behind the wearied Ida

“No! the king must go alone..he brought this darkness and he alone must take it out” Owen responded

“What are you saying prophet, you would have us abandone our King”said Onigbi

“Never ..I will follow my lord even to the gates of hell” added Azigba

“You don’t understand.. you will only thwart his quest and achieve nothing if you follow”Owen screamed back at the trio in anger

“It’s alright my brothers...I will go alone..Owen tell me the details of this journey “
Ida said rising to face Owen
“Forgive me my lord, my vision is limited..all I know is that you must journey alone to the source of this evil which is the edge of Isi rele at Dimudia , what will play out beyond there I do not know..”Owen added

“You would send our king to his death” Azigba cried out taking out his sword as tears streamed from his eyes

“Easy now Azigba ..easy” Ida said as he gave a long nod signaling the end of meeting

“My lord..retire to your chambers and rest and be on your way before the first light tomorrow,” Owen said as he left the palace of the king who returned to his own chambers..

While in his chambers The king lay on his back facing the roof of his room in deep meditation..a meditation so deep that he did not notice Sovie slowly make her way into the room and slipping into his bed.she made her way to sit on him facing him directly...

“ I hear you have a long journey tomorrow, let the one who pleases the man in you comfort you all through the night as you prepare for your journey Sovie said as she smiled looking down on the king slowly massaging his chest and belly,but in a flash he grabbed both her hands with his left hand
“Isi rele is in pandemonium..I must engage in a journey to reverse this curse which I do not know whether I am worthy to embark on..and you think I will desire to be intimate at this point..away from me woman..begun”!! Idascreamed at his wife who in fright came down from untop of him..staring for a moment at him in disgust before making to leave..slamming the door in anger behind her..
But as Sovie moved a little distance from the kings chambers she was stopped by Mikame who was behind her by the door the whole time..

“It’s obvious you don’t know the extent of the Crisis Isirele is going through..that is why you feel The king will desire intercourse at this point..but you don’t care right? That’s all you think about, in truth that’s all you can offer him..LovePeddler!”
On hearing this words Sovie stopped on her tracks and turned back walked towards Mikame ...in an instant she slapped her across the face
“Look here little Princess, if I had my way I’ll tear you into pieces..you don’t love the king like I do but you get all the love even when you haven’t given him anything except the misery your wicked father made him pass through...if it was up to me a useless barren woman like you would be hanged for being a reminder of The crimes of Aigbojie “
Sovie said as she stood over Mikame who cowed in fear of the fury that was in Sovie’s eyes ...broken by the words of her rival Mikame ran away from Sovie’s presence to her room in tears and anguish..

Ida awoke in the middle of the dark morning..too early to greet his family who were still far asleep..He was however greeted by Asokulu his general Onigbi and Owen the prophet
“My lord it is time, who will be the regent in your absence”?Owen spoke staring at the king

“All my children are still too young to handle the office of regent” Idavidi spoke
“Then Sovie the mother of Omoba your first son and successor should be notified of her ordination as regent”
Onigbi spoke to the sudden shock of Owen and Ida

“Indeed Sovie is the mother to my oldest children, but know this Igbinova my son born to me by Eramiyi my third wife is my ordained successor..know this today..but to avoid conflict..notify Sovie of her rule as Queen regent ..but don’t let anything else I have said here be known among my wives and children” Idavidi said gripping Asokulu and Onigbi by their collars

“Alright my lord you have my trust “
Asokulu spoke as the king was escorted out of the palace by himself and Owen in the dark of the night

“Return to us my lord..”Asokulu said as he bade the king farewell....
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Chapter 13

On the way to Dimudia ..Ida made his journey ,his attire was of a warrior but far less elaborate than the royal ones he has become acustomed to..

Passing through a ravaged villiage. The king began to weep as he saw the misery and death that has plagued the village..suddenly he heard someone crying

“Pleas help me..help me”
It was the voice of a young woman..in one of the abandoned buildings of the ravaged villiage which was named Temdrie

“Hold on I’m coming “getting down from his horse Ida ran into the room..only to find four men and one woman..fully armed with swords and battle axes shutting the door behind him ..grinning as soon as Ida realized what was going on

“Bandits I see”
The king said under his breath..
“Correct and if you know what’s best for you, parting with your money and belongings should be your next line of action”
Came the young woman the obvious leader of the gang..

“So why rob in a villiage like Temdrie..a ravaged town”
Ida asked

“I’ll homur you with an answer..if our plan is so unlikely why did it work on you..the last part of our business module is that we kill those we rob..so that way,no one will ever tell others that Temdrie is a red zone” replied Isoboh the chief bandit

“Lady Isoboh Why the chatting with this clown let’s kill him already”came the words of one of the bandit

“His all yours boys”
As they attacked Ida all at once..he easily deflected their attacks and cut each one of them down before Isoboh ‘s eyes

“Impossible ..you killed all my boys,you will pay for this “
In anger Isoboh brought out a talisman which she used to send a spiritual strike on Ida..but it had no effect on him, instead he commanded the attack to return to Isoboh..paralyzing her immediately
..walking toward her Ida brought out his sword,,and his royal beads(Ivie) came out of his cloak hanging from his neck..

“No way” recognizing his blade and beads Isoboh realized who she had confronted

“Forgive me my lord ..Have mercy on me” Isoboh begged as Ida stood above her his sword outstretched

“Mercy..I guess I should show it..because I am in need of it myself”keeping his sword in his shelf..Ida left her on the ground and made for his horse..but as he made to climb his horse an arrow flew right past him..turning he discovered the arrow had stroke Isoboh down who had apparently nullified the paralysis and had snuck behind him to stab him with a dagger..

Looking down on the dead Isoboh Ida turned to see who had saved him
“Mikame”
to his surprise Mikame came out from behind him
“Yes my husband”

“You can’t be here I must go on this journey alone”
Ida said
“Well My husband I have no one else in this world except you....you promised to always be with me..would you now leave me to the mercy of your other wives and their children”Mikame said dragging her horse along as she walked on foot towards him

“I will never leave you Mikame ..but this is different I must go on this journey alone”
Ida replied

“And alone you shall go..this quest is meant for one person right..don’t forget when we married we became one..I have nothing to give you my love except me..let me come with you..don’t send me away ..my sherpherd and drummer of The forest of Ihuda”Mikame spoke and brought out the cloak of leopard skin Ida made for her when they were young at this point Ida was face to face with her

“Mikame” Ida said under his breath as he held her in a crushing passionate embrace with tears in his eyes
“I am so scared...I don’t know what the future holds or whether I will return alive”

“I will follow you into the unknown my love you are all I have ..I won’t lose you too..if you go down to the underworld I will follow you”Mikame said caressing the weeping king as she spoke

“If I am to go down to hell.. I will be happy to go ..as long as you are by my side..my angel and love” the words of Ida to his first and true love

That evening they lodged in Temdrie in each other’s arms and by the next morning they had to ride together on Mikame’s horse because The king’s horse succumbed to the plague and died..Ekpen was its name a loyal stead of Ida since his youths, it was the horse Mikame gave him on the night she warned him to escape from Aigbojie at the garrison of Amawo..
They both gave ekpen a burial like a parent would bury her child..mourning for Ekpen because indeed it was the only living being Mikame ever gave her husband....

On the third day of travel Ida and his wife were at the edge of Isirele ..the land of Dimudia and there stood a huge portal of darkness with green flashes of light rays spewing forth from within it
“Who comes before the dark gate”? Questioned a loud voice from within it”

“It is I Ida son of Vidi of Azua ..king of Isirele and I seek to close this gate of pestilence”answerd the king as Mikame hid behind him in fright

Their was silence for a moment before the voice answered
“Ida I see, the anointed of Isi rele ,well hope you brought the sacrifice for passage”

“What sacrifice..what do you mean”Ida question in shock..just then a being came out from the portal..having two long horns and razor sharp teeths.. a tail of scales proceeded from behind him..but on close observation it had the face of Iyagbon the murdered friend of Ida

“Impossible..my God and the angels of Isi rele what do I see..iyagbon is that you..mercy I plead “Ida pleaded kneeling in despair

“Iyagbon is gone I am Eshuju the demon that took control of his body..his agony was severe ..the type I crave for..now Ida where is the human sacrifice needed to restore Isi rele”cried the beast

“If that be it..then here I am..I caused the pestilence then I must go for it ..take me and restore my lands” Ida said on his kneels.with outstretched arms

“ a noble move..but we do not desire the blood of Isi rele‘s captain..the great God forbids us from touching his anointed but this beauty will do”Eshuju smiled
as he gazed upon Mikame.
In haste and anger Ida stood up..
“Never ..you dare not speak of her concerning such matters..else you will feel my fury demon”
As Ida spoke The creature giggled and broke into laughter
“It’s the only way,a blood sacrifice or the land continues in misery you decide oh king “

“I agree to be used”
Mikame said walking in front if Ida who grabbed her hand
“Mikame stop, I won’t watch you die for my sins..take the horse and leave now..i will not hear of it

“My love..I am glad this day I can give my life for you and for the land of Isi rele ...let me do this ...it’s the only way..I love you my king......good bye my love “
“Never” screamed Ida holding her to him self “I will never let you go”
But in an instant..she flew out of his arms toward Eshuju, pulled by a demonic force into his outstretched hand..he grabbed her by the neck and in an instant the life was gone from her,her body dropping lifeless on the ground

“Mikame”!!!!!! Screamed the king wailing as he made for her corpse..crying and begging her to wake up

“She is gone oh king..yes it’s good to watch you bereaved of your love..but more is to come upon you ..you took iyagbon from his love to the after life and now you own love is taken from you to join him there..now about what I said about safe passage..It was a lie.. I won’t let you pass..we are demons and are here to stay”Eshuju laughed hard as he broke the news to Ida
“You are so hurt..so hurt that you would wish to die..yes she died for nothing”
Added the cruel demon

“You devil!!!!!” Cried Ida as he picked up his sword to wrestle with the demon..it went on for a while but it disappeared suddenly as soon as Ida was lured deeper into the portal..the atmosphere of darkness seemed to sap the life from him and suddenly he became wearied and tired just then a dark presence stronger than Eshuju began to emerge
“Yes this day I will gain dominion over Your lands..today you will hand over your throne to me”spoke the evil presence,it was Ogieuki the king of darkness..flying towards Ida with his black wings
But as he got to Ida who was lying flat on the floor the king began to pray
“Oh lord God of Isirele ..in your mercy deliver me”,

In an instant a bring th light shown in front of Ida and Ogieuki .where descended the arch angel Oshale..repelling the king of darkness back into the portal in a great struggle ..closing it entirely and totally before turning to face Ida

“Arise Ida king of Isirele ..see Mikame’s death is not in vain ..she has secured a place in paradise ..go back home the battle here has been won and the pestilence averted..the lord God will deliver you also from the battle raging at your abode”
The arch angel disappeared as soon as he was done speaking

Leaving Ida who has been restored standing in wonder at the invents that just occurred

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 5:57am On Jul 26, 2022
The end of part 2..
Stay tuned for part 3 of Ida vidi
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by dawno2008(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2022
sounds more like a david story,but well spiced with the African theme and background, loving this lovely story,
pls keep it flowing......
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2022
dawno2008:
sounds more like a david story,but well spiced with the African theme and background, loving this lovely story,
pls keep it flowing......
Thank you I really appreciate this comment
and you are right it is inspired by the David stories..updates will be dropping soon
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
Chapter 14
After the closing of the portal at Dimudia..
The inhabitants of Dimudia,Temdrie and Olu who initially ran away due to the plagues began to return to the villiage and they begged Ida to stay awhile with them to lead them and help them rebuild their lives..

The king due to his sense of responsibily gladly agreed and order that Dimudia should be renamed Mikame and Temdrie should be renamed Ekpen..after his wife and horse in the villages where he buried them respectively..

An errand was sent to Azua that Asokulu and a battalion carrying food and money should be sent to Olu where Idavidi made his base as he oversaw the rebuilding of the new villiages of Mikame ,Ekpen and Olu

At the villiage of Mikame a statue of Mikame was erected by Ida in honour of his wife and a statue was erected in the village of Ekpen in honour of his horse..

But after the king left some villagers began to worship Mikame as the goddess of love and Ekpen as the god of horses and war to the dismay of the king..how much he tried he never could end the pratice..

The seat of the kings rebuilding plan was at Olu , he asked that Eramiyi his third wife and Igbinova his son be sent to stay with him at Olu while Sovie reigned as queen regent in Azua the true seat of power.. visiting him at intervals

Soon the area of Mikame, Ekpen and Olu soon began to prosper because of the people that were drawn to the king and the new city..The environ began to become a regional power and the king became engrossed in its administration that he did not even realize when 15years passed before his eyes...

15 years later..the king was away on the fields discussing with Owen and Asokulu about Igbinova who by now was a bustling youth taking much from his father both in looks and might

“My lord ,the prince is indeed your blood..so ferocious on the training ground..sometimes he has the upper hand when we spar”
Asokulu said as he watched Igbinova fight with the wind
“If my young son can defeat the General and warlord of my army then I think I will have to replace you” added the King jokingly

“It’s true my lord..”
Owen spoke coming closer to the king “Igbinova is a gifted one..just as you are but with a little more..you see my lord he has the eyes of a prophet “
Added Owen
“Is that so” the king thought deeply as Igbinova approached him
“Father come and spar with me”
Said the prince breathing heavily as he spoke
The king smiled and placed a hand on his shoulders before speaking
“Son your pent up energy is to destroy the enemies of Isi rele not to weary my old bones”

“Father you are still as strong as ever..strong enough to protect all of Isirele and to defend Azua..”stopping admist thougths Igbinova replied
“But father when do we return to Azua”
Looking at the lad and walking away to his meditation ground the king replied
“Soon son soon”

Ida when he got on his place of meditation he brought out a scroll and a stylus and began to meditate breaking into songs as he wrote thinking on the words of Owen about Igbinova..he too has acquired the eyes of a prophet but it came years later after he became king..how then did the young Igbinova get such a gift at a young age..just as he ponderd in thoughts..he felt the presence of an Old friend ..it was Oshale the angel of war ..he had appeared to him a few times over the years

“My lord what message do you have for me from the master” Ida spoke as he bowed before the angels glory
“Arise o King for our master is one”
The king gathered up himself and stood waiting for a response
“War is on its way..the evil that has crept into your household is about to manifest in full force..but it will be dealt with..indeed you shall lose things you value but at the end it shall turn for your good and for the deliverance of your household” as the Angel finished speaking he turned his back to go

“Thank you great angel..I suppose the lord has more task for you concerning me” added the king

“Yes,to Smith the enemy before you..I must go now”
Oshale ended his words and as soon as he did ..mighty golden wings emerged from behind him and he vanished into the air..

Just then Ida arrived in the Olu palace and met the men preparing for war..Apparently Azigba has just arrived the palace with news concerning Gbimodro the Ogie-ologho(king of the floods)
The king of the Island nation of Modro who claimed that his ancestors where original inhabitants of Olu villiage and that the plague was a sign for him to retake it hence he had been at war with Ida since he came to rebuild it.
“My lord a garrison of 5000 men are camped in the fields of Ekpen if we rally our men now we could be there By nightfall”
Said Azigba who came down from Azua with a 10,000 strong army to join the 5000 at Olu to crush the forces of the king of the floods..

The next morning they discovered that the forces of Modro at the fields of Ekpen were less than a thousand,

In fact they retreated upon seeing the kings forces
“I don’t understand Onigbi gave me word that his men were sure of the presence of Gbimodro’s forces here” said Azigba confused..

Now Onigbi is based in Azua with Sovie the queen and the king’s family he is in charge of passing information about the kings household in the seat of power to the king and also in charge of sending spies around the lands
..but Azigba and the king couldn’t understand why he would pass a wrong information about such a crucial issue..
Ida and his men pursued the retreating Forces all the way down to the edge of Mikame which boarded the river that’s when it dawned on the forces of Isi rele that it was all a trap..

About a 100 ships all loaded with warriors from the island nation of Modro were waiting patiently with over a 100,000 strong army ready to strike

Ida looked at his men who were almost losing heart he faced..Igbinova , it was his first time of going to war but there was no sign of fear in his eyes..he was either naively overconfident or did very well to mask his fear

“King of Isirele..today you will relinquish the land your ancestors stole from mine and all the lands of Isirele”cried out Gbimodro from his royal ship were he sat with Teyeh his general by his side,
“This battle already has a winner..but I will give you a chance ..surrender or we crush you”added the king of floods

“I Ida son of Vidi king of Isirele who reigns at Azua and Olu has never lost a battle..we the people of Isi rele have a God who controls all things..so Gbimodro do your worst”
Shouted Ida from his horse

“Very well then..Warriors make their mothers childless!!!!” Gbimodro gave the command as Teyeh his commander waved the war flags and signaled the war horns to be blown as the soldiers jumped from the ships into the waters tropping into battle

The men of Isi rele has already maintained formation but did not strike as they have not received orders
Ida waited for the sign he was looking for ..suddenly his eyes opened and he saw Oshale..descending with a force into the sea and with lighting speed he broke out of the sea again and into the sky vanishing into the clouds

Ida satisfies with what he had seen..gave the order and his men began to attack ..it was a funny sight that made Gbimodro wonder from where he sat why the small army of Isirele will dare to launch an attack on his large army..it was Teyeh that first noticed what had began to happen to the sea because it suddenly began to roar and mighty waves began to break out from the sea tussing and pushing the ships of Modro in all directions
“Quickly my lord .”Teyeh pushed the king into a boat as they made for land..

All the ships of Modro were swallowed and recked by the sudden roaring of the sea..
The remnants that has gone on land were crushed by the forces of Isirele..
But Teyeh and Gbimodro escaped on a chariot but Igbinova pursuerd after then on his own chariot ..but the king quickly sent Azigba to fetch him fearing for his life...

The duo chariots came to a cross road and
Teyeh and Gbimodro attacked Igbinova and Azigba and the battle ensured

Azigba and Teyeh were evenly matched as the battle but Teyeh later escaped but Gbimodro thought he would easily kill the youth who dared to chase after him but after Igbinova carefully blocked and repelled few of his attacks with his Battle axe..Gbimodro became serious he flung at the youth with vigour but it seems the prince was too fast for him..with a lighting speed..Igbinova used Gbimodro’s body as an anchor, climbed untop of him and sat on his shoulder and with one strike he cut off the kings head with his axe from left to right...
Ida and all a Isi rele celebrated Igbinova for the victory because as soon as Gbimodro was dead ..the battle was won and more squandron was sent to overtake all of Modro..

But now a question lingered ..why were the forces of Isi rele almost trapped..Owen the prophet decided to visit Azua because it was obvious a treachourous plot was brewing in the palace in the absence of the king

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Latest Character Art of Azigba the weeping warrior..
One thing that stands out about him is his Loyalty and passion..

While he served in the army under Aigbojie he was loyal to the cause of the kingdom of Isirele and even as a Rebel he emerged the Number 3 among the three leaders of the Red rebels..
Under the reign of Idavidi he stood as the head Commander and chief of the Armory and Artillery of Isi rele and remained faithful till the end and loss of his life

1 Like

Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2022
Chapter 15

At Azua where Sovie the wife of Ida reigns supreme as Queen regent a conspiracy brews,
The Queen regent is seen at her chambers looking through her window over the environs of Azua,
Surprisingly,
Onigbi the chief Guard and minister of the kings household is sitted on top of her bed

“Gbimodro has failed us..there is no time to delay anymore”Sovie spoke not turning to look at Onigbi

Standing up to meet her Onigbi responded
“My love..fear not with your power we will crush Ida and all Azua and Olu will fall under your rule”
Onigbi proceeded to embrace her from behind planting a kiss on her upper arm and neck as she turned to face him directly, retuning the kiss..just then Omoba the prince walked in..but didn’t seem to be startled by the sight but only responded

“All is Ready mother..Obhojie has arrived the palace with Nsoro our uncle ..tommorow we conclude the coronation and since Modro’s forces has failed to kill the king..we will do it our self and get our revenge” concluded Omoba

But Onigbi suddenly became startled “what about Asuwa she alone has refused to join us”

Turning to look at him with a wicked smile on her face, “leave her to me” said Sovie as she walked away from the two men

Back at Olu,the king,the prince, Owen the prophet and the two generals are seen in a closed door meeting in deep contemplation

“No ..this cannot happen, will Onigbi turn my own children against me”exclaimed the king with a long sigh of sorrow

“I’m afraid my lord the situation is worse..infact Onigbi has won Omoba and Obhojie to himself with the support of Sovie ..surprisingly their relationship has existed for long..”
Owen the prophet added

“Do you mean to say that Omoba and Obhojie are not the kings children “?
Asokulu said with a look of surprise and fury

“Not quite..Omoba and Obhojie are both the kings children..that is why they lack the witches powers because the kings blood in their vein nullified their mothers blood because of his anointing..but When the king left them under Onigbi as the teacher of the kings sons..he won them over to himself and it became worse when the kings came to Olu” Replied Owen to Asokulu

“What about Asuwa..she cannot be in on this..you all know she is Betrothed to me” Azigba cried out as he wept

“Now that is where an issue is..Asuwa is the only one against this conspiracy but she is actually the only child between Onigbi and Sovie and hence has the witches blood freely flowing in her..this allowed her to be put on a spell to do the witches bidding “
Said Owen

“What is she being made to do”? Igbinova finally spoke

“To marry Her half brother Omoba, in order to defile the throne so that the anointing of Ida’s throne won’t fight them once Omoba is crowned king” Owen said

“What”!!!! Ida screamed in despair

“Yes my lord this directive was given to them by Nsoro the false prophet “

Now Nsoro was Ida’s elder brother who resigned from the army when Ida became king..he wanted to be the kings personal prophet so he dabbled into the dark arts and practices but Ida refused him ,choosing Owen instead whom God prepared for the position..but Nsoro left Azua and Ihuda bitter and angry

“But how do you know alll these Owen,is this by a vision” Igbinova responded to the prophet

“My prince not vision my lord..but by my spies which I have sent to the palace..and they tell me we must be set to war..because Omoba has been crowned king with Asuwa as queen ,Sovie has taken the title of Queen Mother ,Onigbi is now General of the army.. and they march to Olu to conquer it while
Obhoijie reign as king regent at Azua with Nsoro as prime minister

“My lord we must go at once to prevent them from reaching Olu”
Asukolo responded gripping his sword

“Indeed ..Igbinova Owen and Azigba will remain at Olu to defend it..the rest of us will rally towards Azua but you all should know this..Onigbi and Nsoro are the enemy know one should touch my wife and my sons “ Ida said as everyone made for war
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2022
Chapter 16

As the army of Ida rallied around they met Omoba’s forces at the open fields of Ihuda’s forest where they faced off but Sovie and Asuwa were absent from the field of battle

“Son will you fight you father and the army of Isi rele” Ida spoke trying to reason with his son

“You ceased being my father the day you abandoned my mother and went to be with your Favourite for years,”roared Omoba

“Do not be a child Omoba you never lacked access to me,all through the years I was at Olu and neither did your mother..The villiages that were ravaged needed my close supervision and I visited you all as often as I could”The king replied

“Then why did you decide that Igbinova the child of that peasant woman will be the one to stay with you if you haven’t planned to strip me of my birth right”Omoba roared

“Son..you cannot fight the will of the God of Isi rele he decides who reign as king and if he has choosen you..even I cannot stop it”

“Curse you father..today I will take Olu as I have taken Azua and I will have your heart impaled on my sword” barked Omoba at his father

“Onigbi how dare you betray me like this..what have you done to my son” cried Ida as he wiped the tears from his eyes

“You brought this upon yourself when you went around taking what is not yours because you are king..just as you took the throne from Omoba to igbinova and Eramiyi from iyagbon and Sovie from me”Onigbi said with disdain in his eyes

“Traitor!!!!”screamed Asokulu pointing his sword at him

“Silence you fool..I’m tired of your beckering ..you call yourself my friend and yet you allowed this foolish king take away the only woman I have ever loved...Omoba give the command let’s take back what is ours” Onigbi said turning to look at the supposed king of Azua

“ yes father ,men Attack !!!” Omoba said in response

“He doesn’t know what he is doing..he is only caught up in the evil raging against my household..no matter what happens no one touches my son save him alive “Ida warned his men before giving the command for his men to attack

As the battle raged on..Onigbi spoke to Omoba to not engage Ida or Asokulu
“But why I want to be the one to kill Ida and take the throne ,just as he defeated Aigbojie and took his throne” Omoba responded to Onigbi’s advice

“My lord it’s a good thing..but at your level..you can’t fight Asokulu and win, not to talk of your father who is a mighty man of war..I and my best men will subdue him then we will call you to deal the finishing blow

...back at Olu..Sovie the witch Queen mother and Asuwa her daughter for Onigbi began to wage war on Olu with a 5000 strong army..

Sovie led the army on offense and sent Asuwa who was under her spell to hunt down Eramiyi and kill her..

On the battlefield Sovie was invisible because of her dark powers..she levitated round the battleground her feet not touching the ground as she sent many warriors to their death by her forcefield and balls of Fire that she flung at any attacker that dared to face her

“Indeed I realized that
When you killed inIhita you became the Queen of witches of Imue that very day..but the king didn’t listen to me he was blinded by lust for your body ..a lust that has led to all this” Owen said as he faced off Sovie

“You have really grown up from the timid priest that tugged along Ida many years ago..now you are a strong old prophet daring to challenge me..you are right I always knew I have received the power of the Queen witch but I suppressed it because of my love for Ida but not any more”
Replied Sovie as she flung a ball of fire at Owen which he deflected with his own force, she kept flinging multiple balls of Fire at him, at first he kept deflecting them but he couldn’t anymore by the time he was exhausted she stretched out her hand and a forced picked him up ..hanged him on the sky and began to crush him as Owen screamed in pain..
But in an instant..Sovie fell to the ground and Owen was released from her grip,
It was Azigba the mallet wielder,a mallet he had flunged at her

“Where is Asuwa..what have you done with her”
Questioned Azigba as tears flowed from his eyes freely

In anger Sovie flunged a fire ball at him sending him to the ground in pain..rising from her feet to meet him she raised her hand as a fireball began to slowly form in her hand as she made to finish him off
“I have sent her to kill Eramiyi and when she is done I will give your corpse to her to feed on..don’t think she loves you anymore ..she is under my control and she will do it”
As Sovie spoke distracted.. Owen rose up from the ground and dashed with an inhuman forces towards Sovie before she could realize what has happen Owen plunged a sword into her belly pulling it out with her internals following as she gasped for breath coughing out blood as she died slowly her eyes open in surprise falling at the feet of Owen..who quickly went to pray for Azigba for the recovery of his wounds..

At Eramiyi’s lodge she is about to be killed by Asuwa who attacked her..but is stopped by Igbinova who broke through the roof to stand between her..she tried to use her power on him but it refuses to work
“Impossible he has the true spirit of Ida that forbids attack”Asuwa said under her breath

Igbinova dashed at her.and gripped her by her neck and just as he made to stab her..his prophetic eyes open and he sees Asuwa caged within her self
“I see,you are under a spell..be loosed now” immediately he spoke Asuwa collapsed to the ground opening her eyes in surprise “where am I”she spoke to the joy of Igbinova
Just then Azigba and Owen barged into Eramiyi’s chamber
“Azigba” Asuwa screamed immediately she saw him
“My dove” replied Azigba as they embraced themselves passionately in tears

Back at the fields of battle at Ihuda forest

Ida is attacked by several of Onigbi’s them but he crushes them all in anger and fury he attacked Onigbi as they battle it out

“You are the one who announced Sovie’s presence to me the night I met her..why didn’t you tell me you wanted her..I wasn’t king then”
Ida questioned as their swords clashed

“ I was only being patient how was I to know you will marry her after you made her kill her mistress” replied Onigbi

“Is that a enough reason to turn my household against me “replied Ida

“You made my life miserable when you took Sovie from me,an eye for and eye “ Onigbi fired back with a smile on his face

“.then I will end that miserable life for you” Ida who had been holding back the whole time suddenly dashed at Onigbi and stabbed him directly on the neck watching him fall at his feet till he bled to death

Asokulu on the other hand was being pursued by Omoba
“My prince ..I have orders not to kill you please stop pursuing me ..don’t let me kill you” Asokulu said turning behind momentarily to see Omoba as he spoke
“I am not your prince..I’m the king of Isi rele and if I can’t kill Ida I will bring myself honour by killing the Great War lord and General of Isirele” Omoba said as he kept pursing Asokulu

When the General saw that Omoba was not going to change his mind “my king is blinded by his love for you ..who wouldn’t when you are the most beautiful and good looking of all his children and of all men of Isi rele..too bad you die today “as soon as Asokulu said this word he pushed out the tip of his spear from behind him and stood still on his track..but Omoba who is a fast runner couldn’t stop pursuing but ran straight into the spear which slashed into his stomached and broke out from his back killing him immediately..when both armies saw what has happen to the king’s son..the horn was blown and the battle ended..

But King Ida ran to the body of Omoba weeping

“Ahhh Asokulu my great warrior..by your hand you have killed many of my enemies and see you have today taken my son from me..”Ida wept and cried upon the body of his son Omoba
“Oh Omoba, you have been swallowed by the evil which I unleashed by my sins..my beautiful boy..you do not deserve to die”Ida continyed to cry..

But Asokulu walked up to him
“My lord ..you have mourned enough for your enemies..it is time you show appreciation to we your warriors who have risked our lives to fight your battles and those of your household to secure the peace of your household..arise now and retake Isi rele for the God that called you and has today delivered it back to you” as soon as Asokulu ended his speech

Ida rose and reassured the men and thanked them and led them back to Azua the seat of the Kingdom of Isirele

Obhoije and Nsoro ran away to the banks of the island of Modro when they heared of Omobo’s defeat...

Ida reigned at Azua once again and told Igbinova to stay back at Olu and reign as the granduke making it a law that every crown prince reigns at Olu until the death of his father when he becomes crowned as the king of all Isi rele
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 11:37am On Jul 27, 2022
Chapter 17
The Epilogue

Obhojie declared himself as king of Isirele where he was based at Modro with a few supporters from the palace at Azua and allies like Teyeh the commander of the dead king Gbimodro,

But Ida Who by now was Old and sick begged him to surrender and return to Isirele and take up the title of Prime minister

But Obhoijie refused an act that earned him the appellation Obhojie the foolish,
He refused and demanded that either he be made Crowned prince or that Ehina the young priestess and daughter of Prophet Owen which Ida bethroted to Igbinova be given to him as wife

But this angered Igbinova because he knew Obhoijie’s true intentions, taking his forces to Modro , Igbinova crushed Obhoijie’s forces killing him and executing Teyeh and Nsoro ..that way Igbinova secured his throne and Ida on his last days of life told Igbinova to come to Azua to be crowned king while he was yet alive and so Igbinova left Sele his son as grand duke over Olu

While he,Igbinova was crowned the king of Isi rele with Ehina as His Queen while Eramiyi became the Queen mother ..Asokulu retired as General of the army handing the position to Azigba while he took up service as Prime minister of Isirele and Owen still remained as the kings prophet all before the death of Ida , who asked that he be taken to his meditation chambers before his God so that he will die in the presence of The God of isi rele praising him for all he has done for him and for how far he has taken him through the struggles of his life and through the consequence of his sins and mistakes and also for making him great and giving him a successor .

So died Ida son of vidi the great king of all Isi rele
Re: The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) by Emperordynasty: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2022
If you want to reach me on WhatsApp
Pls do so on
This write up is a property of Gosezua Universal Studios which is committed to using art literature music and other avenues to pro page the word of God through creativity
You can support us financially if you
Want at
UBA

Visit our https://hi-in.facebook.com/Godwin-Osezua-studios-jesus-Craft-107447911816286/about/Facebook page at

Follow us on Instagram at
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgb_zk0DF1U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

:::the Sweetest And Most Touching Break-up Lines I've Ever Read::: / Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. / Grace, The House Girl Home Alone With Papa Kolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 247
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.