Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. (5004 Views)

Christopher (A Short Story) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2015
All rights reserved.
©2015.

COPIED!
crislyn
bibie01
olanipekuntomi
seunviju
sebak
onosj
larrysun
danwrites
domawoleye
Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy,
prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46,
Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip,
onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez,
slap1, chinweblinkz, supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel,
jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich, marynneka,
trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson,
Hiroshize, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins,
iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx,
rondo235, MzNelly, toykathy, Champele, PBeni, princesa,
Thermythorpe, Redmosquito, FoxyRebirth, natasha,
Neduzze5, yemi2plus, YellowMosquito, DNA1, bimbiola,
faithgokz, sizzlezNBT, Enigurl, Trendytessy, Omololamide,
smithe113, misterjosh, MzChistar, J0sh007, carolinew,
tbabstobadt, Feyifahm, Mizsammy, Ifyx, MsSpaqs,
ochetinz, Tundeajani, bukkynababe, walintize, kinsjesus,
conniblakes, iamdsam, Clemzy16, Cutepie1, DazzlinPearl,
JIGGERNAPPY, Fellycutie, adeswagsdmj, Arnoldo,
Gifteey100, shalomtemmy, johnnobles, chinedumo,
temiK9, Oppy16, amitalian, Herbheorlar, barbiesexy,
emmanwandud, Teenuolah, BlesinE, Perfercter4real,
mzkomsy, rhapzidy, Therock5555, lekkybam, Skykid1208,
Blize7, legendprac, Seankay, BarnabasCo, chesm,
Smhart1, tosingcfr, king94, yormite, teetee92, Kensco,
geogino, simplifier, Affable0709, Chuksyd1, Incredibleme,
Daniel2802, oloriireomo, kunlesehan, Tafamonday,
Nekkie27, slimfredo, ibuome, dryakson, iyk1, m003,
BabieGhagha, hyungwang, mador, Aimedrey, peterphd,
360prince, shaks97, Braidz, tinahrex, RazziP, Fehmy25s,
Kingphilip, Eblee, Ritababe, dagift333, moyarhtohbadt, ,
Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie,
AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, princesssusan, Susrite,
Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3
Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25,
tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco,
PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24,
Psalmwise, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26,
Kayleb37, Mutaino7, kwencypresh, lawrenzo007,
Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn,
hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, fam24, moshood1993,
handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins,
SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire,
Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking

2 Likes

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2015
Let's Not Waste Time on Frivolities...

When Itohan returned home, her hair in disarray, her countenance sullen and her dress bedraggled, her brother, Ohis should have been more concerned, but he wasn't. He spared her a brief glance, lifting his face from the Pro Evolution Soccer game he had been engrossed with for over an hour preceding her entrance before quickly returning it to the screen where his brief inattention had led to his team being robbed of the ball.

'Welcome,' he said, his attention now on winning back the ball.

She grunted a reply, but he couldn't care less. He had just blocked a shot that could have ended up behind his team's net. He didn't see the pained expression on her face, he didn't see her slight limp as she walked to her bedroom, the heated smell from the electronics a few inches from his face didn't allow him to perceive the smell of sweat that now mixed with her perfume scent. He smiled and shook his head, impressed by his dexterity on the game, he had just added a new defensive skill to his collection. He would put it to use when next Obinna came around and tried to score with those long shots from Christiano Ronaldo.

Itohan sighed as she turned the door handle and moved into her room. She would normally have smiled at the fact that she had forgotten to put off her fan again while going out, she would normally have rushed to gather up her white and black striped polo shirt, jean skirt and blue sheer panties and bra set, still on the spot where she had taken them off before hitting the bathroom. She wouldn't have wanted anyone, especially Ohis, to see the latter two items, she would have been embarrassed to hear the word 'emporo' from him, a term - origin unknown - that had come to be used to describe dirty undies in their house. He would have scrunched up his pursed lips afterwards, such that the upper lip would make contact with his nose and move out of the room. He would so make it appear like her undies and the room, by extension, were smelling that she would hold the panties to her nose after his exit only to quickly drop it when she heard his approaching footsteps.
She fell on her mattress, reliving the events of the past hour and wishing she could turn back the hands of the clock. Her thoughts would turn murderous, thickening into drooly sludge before gradually thinning out again. The sensation below was still ever present, but she was too tired to check it out in the bathroom. She was too tired to wash off the shame, the pain, the abomination.

She had expected to meet her dad at home, but had known he wasn't in when she met only the Toyota Carina in the garage. Her mum had driven out earlier on in the Mercedes Benz C class; leaving the Toyota Carina and IVM SUV in the garage. The latter was her dad's favourite, a thing of pride to him and the Nation, as he loved to quip; a pointer to the technological heights the Nation could attain if leadership got it right. It wasn't in the garage, her dad wasn't at home.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 8:42am On May 07, 2015
Kontinyus...

She had expected Ohis to ask questions when he saw her. She had needed a springboard to launch into those gory details, but he hadn't given her more than a glance. Guys! She wondered what they saw in football that could make them argue for hours, reeling out records of bygone years to support their arguments. Ade wasn't any different, he could quote the figures of player transfers for the past five years; he would do this to lay claim to the point that the club he supported was the most fiscally disciplined, and would quickly bring up fresh statistics when his friends derided their fiscal discipline as being responsible for their perennial trophyless run. Ade! Now, Ohis wasn't any different. If he wasn't arguing about soccer with his friends, he would be gaming with them, and it was always the soccer game! She preferred the wrestling game, but he obviously didn't share her preference; it was almost five months since she last saw him play it.

She would tell her dad and he would tell her mum. Her mum would fix him and this time it would be even worse. It was her mum who had barred him from visiting his brother for three years; she couldn't remember the reason behind her mum's stance, but she could remember her mum, in a rage, telling him to defy her and embrace his cold grave. It was the first time she would see her mum in such state; no one could calm her down, not even her husband, who watched sheepishly, neutral enough and supportive enough as his brother matched out of the compound. It wasn't up to five minutes after Uncle Osagie's exit that her mum broke down in tears upon her dad's shoulders. The man would comfort her and lead her into their bedroom, from where neither emerged until forty minutes later, acting as if nothing happened. Osagie would remain barred until three years later when her mum would finally forgive him and lift the sentence.

She wasn't in when he visited for the first time in three years, but was the second and last time he came around. He had been surprised to see her transformation - as he termed it - from a tiny, shy girl to an absolutely gorgeous lady. He had slapped her behind once, but she had taken it all as a little joke from a fond uncle. He hadn't done much more before taking his leave; he had come to see her parents but had met none of them in. Ohis, the only other person at home, had said something about Uncle Osagie acting like one who had a hideous plan, but she had shut him up immediately. What did he know about the behaviour of adults? Yet, now she wanted him concerned about her plight - a thirteen years old boy who was her junior by four years.

If only she had believed her brother, she would have been able to avoid this. She had seen off Uncle Osagie to the gate. His Volkswagen Golf III was parked outside the compound.

#Kontinyus Later...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2015
Like my last short story, I would be rushing this up. A day or two should do. So, keep a date with me.

...And in deference to the wishes of some readers, with regards to the story "First Taste
!" which was cleared off Nairaland, I will be reposting the story once this is over.

Meanwhile, you can order for my published Novel: "Vengeance Is Mine", wherever you are in Nigeria, on Konga. Thanks.

konga.com/amd-quad-core-vengeance-is-mine-1629900

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by harjibolar10(m): 9:31am On May 07, 2015
Bros, ayam here oooo

As no comment now, keep em coming
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by ritababe(f): 9:51am On May 07, 2015
Oya
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ollyfad(f): 10:48am On May 07, 2015
space booked
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Cybershow(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2015
Ohibenemma:
All rights reserved.
©2015.

COPIED!
crislyn
bibie01
olanipekuntomi
seunviju
sebak
onosj
larrysun
danwrites
domawoleye
hmmmmm ok..... Am here.... But please whr wil i put my bed bcause i will need to read this with patient and no disturbance oooo.... Abeg zoom off i don enter the car.... So let me turn to the first page and read this nice piece here
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2015
harjibolar10:
Bros, ayam here oooo

As no comment now, keep em coming
Lol...I knew you will soon be here. 2nd installment comes up once I'm back from church. #faith-clinic thingz...
You are welcome.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:23pm On May 07, 2015
Cybershow:
hmmmmm ok..... Am here.... But please whr wil i put my bed bcause i will need to read this with patient and no disturbance oooo.... Abeg zoom off i don enter the car.... So let me turn to the first page and read this nice piece here
Thanks for answering my call. 2nd installment as soon in 3hours.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
Ollyfad:
space booked
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by harjibolar10(m): 5:52pm On May 07, 2015
grin grin cool cool
Ohibenemma:

Lol...I knew you will soon be here. 2nd installment comes up once I'm back from church. #faith-clinic thingz...
You are welcome.
Faith clinic... Chai

Oya keep em coming naa
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Cybershow(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2015
Ohibenemma:

Thanks for answering my call. 2nd installment as soon in 3hours.
yes op..... U wlcm op
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Teebashy(f): 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
Ohibenemma:
All rights reserved.
©2015.

COPIED!
crislyn
bibie01
olanipekuntomi
seunviju
sebak
onosj
larrysun
danwrites
domawoleye
Here am I.......make I spread mat
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by handmaid: 8:11pm On May 07, 2015
Here am i @ op
Thanks for the mention
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 9:18pm On May 07, 2015
Teebashy:
Here am I.......make I spread mat
You're welcome; update shortly.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2015
handmaid:
Here am i @ op Thanks for the mention
Thanks for heeding my call; update shortly.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2015
Kontinyus...

...Volkswagen Golf III was parked outside the compound.
'Itohan, this is not fair O!' He had said as they approached the gate.

'What's not fair, Uncle Osagie?' She had asked, releasing her hand from his to scratch a sensation on her right cheek.
He had waited for her to be through with the scratching, and taken her hand back in his before continuing: 'It's not fair that I have such a gorgeous niece who hasn't visited me for many years now.'

She had chuckled. How did he expect her to visit him when there was a dispute between him and her mum? How did he expect her to visit him when all their previous visits to his house had been in company of her parents, in their car?
'Gone are those days when you needed daddy to drive you everywhere,' he added like he could read her thoughts. 'You can easily take a cab and come over. Are you not a big girl?'
He had squeezed her hand fondly, then threw a hand across her shoulders after a glance back. She could remember that clearly now, in retrospect, but it had appeared the natural
thing to do then.

'You see? You are even about my height,' he had massaged her point of shoulder, sending tickles down her spine.

'I'm only seventeen, Uncle Osagie...'

'But a big girl you are. One could easily mistake you for a lady of twenty five.'

'Aw...am I that old?'

'Not old, my dear, but matured, endowed and complete.'

She had enjoyed the compliment, but hadn't questioned why it was her uncle that would be concerned about her fully developed assets. She had admired herself on the mirror several times since Ade told her she was beautiful. She had enjoyed the sustained glares from men old enough to father her when she went past them. The mirror had shown her a bigger bust than her mum's, it had shown her a slim waist balanced atop rounded thighs; it had shown her a full posterior almost the size of her mum's, it had shown her a sweet figure-eight, the type her friend, Oduaki had said she could kill for.

She wouldn't tell her dad how she caught Uncle Osagie watching an X-rated movie on his laptop. She had mischievously peeped in through the shutters before loudly announcing her presence. He had opened the door after a few seconds and with a big smile, hugged her before ushering her in. The laptop was still on the settee, but the movie was gone. In its place was a Microsoft Excel page, showing figures she couldn't place from afar.

'You are welcome to my humble abode,' he had said, spreading his arms genially. He indicated the settee the laptop was on. 'Please, make yourself comfortable.' And as she approached the settee, added: 'I was working on some company files, but I can set those aside now you are here.'
She had smiled and sank into the settee, beside the laptop.
Company files indeed! Who was he decieving?

'Now what do I offer my beautiful niece?' He had asked.
'Would you take small stout, Gulder or Alomo bitters?'

She had declined them all. Those were all substances forbidden in her house. Even her dad was a teetotaller.

'Pardon me, I almost forgot that Brother Uyi is scared of stuffs. There's red wine and Pharouz in the fridge too. Have you ever taken the mixture of both? You will surely come, asking for more.'
Karchisbarbie

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ollyfad(f): 10:03pm On May 07, 2015
wen a supposed uncle cnt converse for 5mins witout telling u ow endowed/beautiful u r....my dear collect title for ussein bolt hand ooo...ruuunnnnn. nd pray make God no hate u enof to make u stay home alone wit him kus na tuface implication you go c.
nyc one op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2015
Ollyfad:
wen a supposed uncle cnt converse for 5mins witout telling u ow endowed/beautiful u r....my dear collect title for ussein bolt hand ooo...ruuunnnnn. nd pray make God no hate u enof to make u stay home alone wit him kus na tuface implication you go c.
nyc one op
Got any experience like that? Not necessarily YOURSELF O!
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by harjibolar10(m): 2:31am On May 08, 2015
This type of uncle ehn...

Make I stil dey observe
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2015
Let's Not Waste Time on Frivolities Kontinyus...

... You will surely come, asking for more.'

The offer had appeared enticing and she had accepted it. He was back shortly with a tray carrying two glasses and two bottles. The sight of Uncle Osagie serving her appeared funny. While he wasn't fat, he was shorter than her dad, making him appear stocky. He had on black shorts that ended some inches above his knees, revealing chisseled calves generously covered with hair. A tuft of hair also appeared on his chest, a few inches above the neckline of his black singlet.

She wouldn't tell her dad that Uncle Osagie had served her a mixture of Pharouz and red wine, a mixture that burned her chest when she swallowed it, she wouldn't tell him that she had felt funny afterwards yet requested for more.

She had placed the laptop on her laps as Uncle Osagie did the mixing, and had felt its vibration due to the sudden forcible rotation of a disc in its DVD ROM. That was the film, she thought with excitement, the film he had been watching.

'Why is your laptop vibrating?' She asked, feigning ignorance.

'Is...is it?' He stuttered, making to collect the laptop from her. He was now seated beside her.

She held it tighter, but had to release her grip when he handed her one of the glasses.

She wouldn't tell her dad how she had discovered the minimized window of the media player and clicked on it, after being emboldened by the Pharouz and wine mixture.
She wouldn't tell him how Uncle Osagie had, after initial embarrassment, suggested they watch the film together and she had agreed.

'Ewww...what's this?' Itohan asked clicking on the minimized window.

'Oh shit!' Osagie said, shutting his eyes and frowning. He shouldn't have set the laptop down again after getting it from her. He should have shut it down had it not been for his fear that such a gesture could trigger her suspicion. It was passworded and he wanted it to go into idle mode itself.

'What are they doing? She asked.

'It's what adults do,' he replied, summoning up some courage. 'That stuff is not for kids.' He made to grab the laptop from her, but she had anticipated the move and blocked it off with her body.

'Didn't you tell me that I am now matured?'

'Not to this extent; or you won't be asking what they are doing. You are innocent.' Then an idea came on his mind. 'You could watch it, though, with some adult guidance.'

She knew what she was doing was taboo, but so was taking the wine plus Pharouz mixture.

Itohan placed the laptop on a stool and adjusted its position for both of them to watch.

She wouldn't tell her dad how she had felt watching the film, she wouldn't tell him how she had at times wished she was the one on the screen. The girl had a figure like hers in the mirror, but she was more beautiful. She had gotten her beauty from her mum; an oval face, squinting eyes, high cheek bones, pointed nose, supple cheeks and full deep-brown tinted lips. She wouldn't tell her dad how the man in the movie had made her think of Ade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2015
Kontinyus...

...But she would tell him how her uncle had placed a hand on her thighs after a few minutes, while pretending to explain an action on the screen. She would tell her dad how Uncle Osagie's palm had glided downwards, towards her knees, and then upwards into her skirt. She would tell him how realisation had suddenly dawned on her and she had jerked up from the settee. She would tell him about the sudden sweat that broke out on Uncle Osagie's forehead as he arose and pushed her back on the settee, ignoring his phone that suddenly started ringing that moment. She would tell him how she had frantically kicked out as Uncle Osagie pinned her down and pulled down her skirt, her tights and her panties. She would tell him how her uncle had warned her of the futility of her screams, in the noisy environment he lived, in the gated two-flats apartment, with his co-tenants away for the weekend; she would tell him how he had pushed up her top and expertly unhooked her bra before grabbing her anteriors, she would tell him how he had animalistically bore into her, ignoring her animated moves to free herself of his grip. She would tell him how, his phone ringing again, Uncle Osagie had torn out of her and rushed to the toilet only to rush back in seconds with a wad of toilet tissue around his member. She would tell her dad how Uncle Osagie had lied to the caller that he wasn't at home before turning to her...

'I don't know when I will get back,' Osagie said into the phone's mouthpieces, before flinging it on a settee. It was Bisola, his fiancee. The third he would call so in three years. She had the odd habit of calling at odd hours. He turned to Itohan, a sly smile spreading on his face. 'I'm so disappointed in you, really disappointed.'

What was he talking about? She pulled up her panties, her tights and the her skirt. She was more than disappointed herself. She was drained, used and demoralized.
'So someone has been there before? And you were claiming innocence? Look, there it is!' He pointed at the still playing movie. 'They are playing hockey! That's what they are doing!'
She closed her eyes in shame, battling to shut out the mental images of the two occasions she went down with Ade. The first time had been as a result of heavy smooching and petting until she was practically begging Ade, who was then a virgin too, to go all the way. It had been painful, yet pleasurably so. The second time had been a follow-up to the first; they had wanted to relive the intense pleasure of their first experience, but had fallen way short. They had felt shame afterwards and had determined to stop while, of course, keeping things absolutely locked in secrecy. Ade's father was a deacon in the church and her mum was the Women Prayer Coordinator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 4:26pm On May 08, 2015
So sorry; delay was caused by network issues.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2015
harjibolar10:
This type of uncle ehn...

Make I stil dey observe
Na so O! And there are many of his type around.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Teebashy(f): 7:05pm On May 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by LarrySun(m): 7:25pm On May 08, 2015
Wow! This is awesome. I couldn't stop. Please, more! Very few writers can write as you do, sir.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 08, 2015
am here who can i share a seat with.. Apologies for coming late..
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by harjibolar10(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2015
prettydiva89:
am here who can i share a seat with.. Apologies for coming late..
go sidon alone jhoor.. . *winks

No mind me, ma lap is always available + you are free to sidon on it
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 11:44pm On May 08, 2015
Teebashy:
Nice one
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 11:46pm On May 08, 2015
LarrySun:
Wow! This is awesome. I couldn't stop. Please, more! Very few writers can write as you do, sir.
Hmmm! Is me be that?!! You just made my day. That shows I'm learning fast. Thanks!

Final part tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

:::the Sweetest And Most Touching Break-up Lines I've Ever Read::: / The Prince Of Qalul By Angelsss / Grace, The House Girl Home Alone With Papa Kolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.