Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,098 members, 7,953,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army (6419 Views)

Army Promotes Oluchukwu Owowoh To Lieutenant / Grace Garba Is NAF First Female Air Warrant Officer (Photo) / Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Truvelisback(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Cyril009:

I stay in lagos now,the only academic qualification i have is SSCE read on the website that 5 credits maths and english inclusive i don't have up to 5 credit i think its 3 or 4

is there a way around that ?
Did u credit Maths and English?
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by FalseProphet1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
CaptainZubi:

Mr Man 2nd lieutenant na probation rank.
This statement alone shows of your little knowledge about the military. How can you say lieutenant is a probation rank. When Major okar coup there were a couple of lieutenant who played active roles in it. Just say you don't know and people would feed you with information not disgracing your ignorance. I've learnt a lot from this thread.

This I have seen.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by CaptainZubi: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This statement alone shows of your little knowledge about the military. How can you say lieutenant is a probation rank. When Major okar coup there were a couple of lieutenant who played active roles in it. Just say you don't know and people would feed you with information not disgracing your ignorance. I've learnt a lot from this thread.

This I have seen.
Mr Man, read my post again and read it well. I said 2nd lieutenant and not lieutenant.
There is a difference between one star and two stars and yes a 2nd lieutenant is a probation rank. If you passed out through NDA, you'll use six months for your probation (2nd lieutenant) before you're promoted to lieutenant. If you passed out through SSC where you've seen and known too much in the civilian world before enlisting, you'll spend 2-3 years on the rank before you get promoted. I think they've reduced it now to 1½ - 2 years.

DSSC on the other hand are not combatants/field officers.. infact RC, RRI and SSC don't consider them soldiers. They no even dey give DSSC rifle. Some of them might not even touch a rifle till they retire except for those posted to the NE like medical and engineering at least they need something to arm themselves with. Moreover they are not needed in service for a long time so they get their 2 stars straight nothing like probation.

So now you can see it's you who should "Just say you don't know and people would feed you with information not disgracing your ignorance.". Fool!!!
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by FalseProphet1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
CaptainZubi:

Mr Man, read my post again and read it well. I said 2nd lieutenant and not lieutenant.
There is a difference between one star and two stars and yes a 2nd lieutenant is a probation rank. If you passed out through NDA, you'll use six months for your probation (2nd lieutenant) before you're promoted to lieutenant. If you passed out through SSC where you've seen and known too much in the civilian world before enlisting, you'll spend 2-3 years on the rank before you get promoted. I think they've reduced it now to 1½ - 2 years.

DSSC on the other hand are not combatants/field officers.. infact RC, RRI and SSC don't consider them soldiers. They no even dey give DSSC rifle. Some of them might not even touch a rifle till they retire except for those posted to the NE like medical and engineering at least they need something to arm themselves with. Moreover they are not needed in service for a long time so they get their 2 stars straight nothing like probation.

So now you can see it's you who should "Just say you don't know and people would feed you with information not disgracing your ignorance.". Fool!!!
Your generation are the fóols you lack proper home training. This is why I hate engaging you kids in argument you're just too childish for my liking. Now fúck off my mentions, I'm done having a conversation with a dimwit.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by CaptainZubi: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
lereinter:

Na morality you dey talk here

Can warrant officer discipline lieutenant, in uniform work senior his senior
A warrant officer can never discipline a lieutenant like I've explained severally. But a wise lieutenant will always respect the warrant officer.

We have generals saluting and paying compliments to another general.

Maj gen saluting another man gen.

We have colonels saluting colonels.

Majors saluting majors.

This is were years of service comes to play.

Respect is not only by rank please. Other factors come to play. For example a DSSC Captain is far lower to an RC captain. Levels dey. The latter can command troops, the former cannot command troops and anywhere the former see am, he go pay compliments. So many differences. Even RC captain get levels pass a DSSC colonel. That's a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Brightstar001: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2022
The qustion asked was "if a warrant officer can take orders from a lieutenant in the army?". Simple Yes or No, na'em the question need.

Some of una don de blab de form ITK join, de shift from the question...giving answers weh no even correct.

Back to the question, Yes he can n will definitely take orders from a lieutenant. A lieutenant officer is his superior, by rank power s/her (the lieutenant) has power to dish out orders to the warrant officer when required to.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2022
CaptainZubi:

See how you scatter the whole thing, wey we dey enjoy. Abeg make we learn to cool down.

Many people dey here, wey be say in real life, we no go for near them Gate. Talk less of talking to them.

Abeg make we all dey respect ourself, Abeg.

Abeg Take am easy.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Your generation are the fóols you lack proper home training. This is why I hate engaging you kids in argument you're just too childish for my liking. Now fúck off my mentions, I'm done having a conversation with a dimwit.

Boss,
Abeg oh . This na Nairaland, full of all kind of actors and actress….. I know how disrespectful the thing dey be sometimes.

The Moto: Surulere …

Let peace reign …….

Back to the topic …. More Educative gist abeg .
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by NewDelhi(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2022
15ssDRIVE:

Boss,
Abeg oh . This na Nairaland, full of all kind of actors and actress….. I know how disrespectful the thing dey be sometimes.

The Moto: Surulere …

Let peace reign …….

Back to the topic …. More Educative gist abeg .
Na make Mynd44 or lalasticlala put am for front page make we enjoy more educative response na but no they won't. They'll rather push topics like "Tonto dike stuns in braless photoshoot" or " how to make fresh tiger nut milk" or " how to make home made ogbono with onugbo leaves " grin.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Cyril009(m): 4:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Truvelisback:
Did u credit Maths and English?

No
COMMERCE

FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

B2

B3

BOOK KEEPING

ECONOMICS

C5

E8

GOVERNMENT

D7

CIVIC EDUCATION

ENGLISH LANGUAGE

C6

C6

MATHEMATICS

E8

C5

BIOLOGY
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Truvelisback(m): 5:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Cyril009:

No
COMMERCE

FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

B2

B3

BOOK KEEPING

ECONOMICS

C5

E8

GOVERNMENT

D7

CIVIC EDUCATION

ENGLISH LANGUAGE

C6

C6

MATHEMATICS

E8

C5

BIOLOGY
hmmm, na Army go fit take u with this result because of ur Maths and other related subject like govt. Navy and Airforce fit no take u. However, apply for the 3 forces. Just give them a try.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by NigAmbassador: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nazgul:

Lieutenant Generals (3 star generals) are only 3. Which is the chief of army staff, chief of air staff and chief of naval staff.

Not only 3 sir, the senior brasses that heads the military legal service and the Intelligence service are 3 star generals.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
NigAmbassador:

Not only 3 sir, the senior brasses that heads the military legal service and the Intelligence service are 3 star generals.
Another misinformation.

1 Like

Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by KingAzubuike(f): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Eaziimoney:

Another misinformation.
There's only (1) LT gen in the Nigerian army and that's the COAS. It's more like an appointment rank.
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

There's only (1) LT gen in the Nigerian army and that's the COAS. It's more like an appointment rank.
IKR
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Truvelisback(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Nazgul:

Yea it certainly isn't easy. But you must understand that the Military is a career where you spend over 35 years as an active personnel. So you have to keep going for courses home and abroad so that you can be qualified for promotional exams. It's not a job where you can easily resign, it's a career where you spend almost your whole life in.
Are u a Soldier? I have been pondering on this for some days now. I just surmoned courage to ask u today grin
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by heendrix(m): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

grin grin
Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Nazgul: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
Are u a Soldier? I have been pondering on this for some days now. I just surmoned courage to ask u today grin
Lol...I'm not in the military, two of my mom's brother (uncles) were there tho, so I have a vast knowledge about them, cos I've literally lived with them in the barracks.

1 Like

Re: Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army by Truvelisback(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Nazgul:

Lol...I'm not in the military, two of my mom's brother (uncles) were there tho, so I have a vast knowledge about them, cos I've literally lived with them in the barracks.
Wow! nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / Anyone Heard Of Almond Careers? / Do Women Make Better Managers Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.