Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 (28381 Views)

You Can’t Wait For Govt To Do Everything, Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Presidency: Why Buhari Can’t Wait To Leave Office – Femi Adesina / Hanan Buhari: I Can’t Wait For Next Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by ajoguegbe(m): 6:27am On Jul 20, 2022
The Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie, says she can not wait to vote for Peter Obi in the 2023 presidential election.

Mr Obi is the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the forthcoming presidential election.

Ms Adichie said this in a post she shared on her verified Facebook page to celebrate Mr Obi who turned 61 on Tuesday.

“I cannot wait for February 25, 2023, when I, with personal pride in you and with hope for what Nigeria can become, will cast my vote for you and your running mate, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed,” the author of ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ said.

She also said she is inspired by Mr Obi’s intellectual curiosity, his eagerness to learn and his “genuine love of education (which is why you sought out, and honored, Daddy all those years ago when you learned that he was Nigeria’s first professor of statistics).”

The best-selling author said she has always admired Mr Obi’s humane pragmatism and how he is willing to talk to almost anyone if it will bring about a good outcome.

The endorsement of Mr Obi’s presidential aspiration by the celebrated author has continued to generate buzz on social media with many commentators heaping praises on the duo of Mr Obi and Ms Adichie.

Mr Obi recently emerged as the presidential candidate of the LP. He joined the LP after withdrawing from the Peoples Democratic Party presidential primaries.

The former Anambra governor has since continued to gather support, especially among young social media-savvy Nigerians.

Happy Birthday to Peter Obi, my dearest Big Bro:

I will never forget your kindness to my beloved parents. Thank you for the respect you showed them, for your many visits to Abba, where you gave to Daddy and Mummy the most precious gifts: your time and your attention.

Thank you for walking this still-unbearable journey of grief with my siblings and me.

I remember how you regaled Daddy and Mummy with your stories until we started joking about your obsession with the “GDP of Malaysia.” But your obsession spoke of hope: your hope for Nigeria, your belief in what Nigeria could be. A belief that has always been practical, grounded in numbers and in reality.

I remember when you came to support me as I was being honored by the United Nations Foundation in New York, and I teased you about the inexpensive hotel you were staying in, and you shrugged and said, “it’s just a place to sleep, why do I need to be in an expensive place?”

And then only days later, you once again exhibited your incredible generosity to the causes you believe in, and it reminded me of all the hospitals and schools and churches you have supported over the years, and often without fanfare. You have always been clear about what your priorities are, what matters to you, what you believe should matter, and that is deeply admirable.

I have always admired your humane pragmatism, how you are willing to talk to almost anyone if it will bring about a good outcome. And how you believe in certain ideals without being an ideologue.
And how you see people as people, knowing that human value is not measured in material terms.

And how you are able to laugh at yourself, and laugh when I tease you about your ‘one shoe and one shirt.’
And how you have always been consistent in the core of who you are.

Thank you for your compassion and your circumspection. For your honesty and your humour. For your willingness to acknowledge flaws, yours and others’, knowing that nobody is perfect. For your fuss-free kindness and your humility that is never performative.

I am inspired by your intellectual curiosity, your eagerness to learn, your genuine love of education (which is why you sought out, and honored, Daddy all those years ago when you learned that he was Nigeria’s first professor of statistics.)
Sometimes it is the simplest of language that captures the most complex of things, and so I will end with simplicity: You are a good man. You are loved. You are appreciated.

May your eyes continue to light up when you talk about the lovely confident Margaret (Thank God she agreed for you!) and your lovely children, A and E.

May joy follow you and yours always.

Mummy called you her ‘first son,’ my siblings and I call you our ‘big bro,’ and I cannot wait to call you ‘My President.’

I cannot wait for February 25, 2023, when I, with personal pride in you and with hope for what Nigeria can become, will cast my vote for you and your running mate, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed.

Chukwu dube gi. God Keep you.

With love, Chimamanda.
Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/543760-i-cant-wait-to-vote-for-peter-obi-in-2023-chimamanda-adichie.html

235 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Brunosamel(m): 6:29am On Jul 20, 2022
Peter Obi is indeed a rear gem that will unite Nigerians campaign go sweet I can wait start house to house campaign with my Obicentric family.
We are taking Nigeria by storm come 2023.

445 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Blackfire(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2022
Who is obi ?

So he is your brother...that means your mother was promiscuous... you see reason why he can't be president

North 2023

22 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by fiizznation: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2022
Funny. Well 2023 is not very far. But I hope you people won't start calling Nigeria a zoo again when Mr. Obi is defeated in the election which is what will probably happen.

63 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Moferere: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2022
You will wait in vain undecided

Peter won't come 2nd, let alone being the president grin

260 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by HitbackIIback: 6:35am On Jul 20, 2022
A good man is a good man.

The S.I of integrity is simply Peter Obi.

Nigerians are all seeing it now, if we fail on this project we are gone forever. We need to make this work. Both Peter and Ahmed are competent. Nigerians should be proud of them and bring them onboard.

253 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Totilopussylick(m): 6:35am On Jul 20, 2022
Moferere:
You will wait in vain undecided

Peter won't come 2nd, let alone being the president grin

Tinubu urchins can go and take a dive into the Lagon tongue

352 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by princepeter566: 6:41am On Jul 20, 2022
Me and my family and my extended families and my church and my city and my state and the whole middle belt, are obidient.
Obidient forever
Because, obidient brings blessings. If u want bandit and herds men to continue where pmb stopped, then vote Atiku anothe[color=#990000][/color]r herds man.
If u want your children to be getting access to hard drugs from Mexico and Chicago then, vote bat. If u want to eat the fruits of your labour and be useful, u already know who to vote

275 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Felimax(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2022
Blackfire:
Who is obi ?

So he is your brother...that means your mother was promiscuous... you see reason why he can't be president

North 2023

I am not understanding your point

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Skyfornia(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2022
Who in his/her right senses won't vote for Peter Obi? Any one that is Obidient shall eat the fruit of his labour.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Mandate2023: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2022
Same way we can't wait to vote tinubu....the feeling is mutual

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Felimax(m): 6:47am On Jul 20, 2022
Except on God!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by fiizznation: 6:47am On Jul 20, 2022
Mandate2023:
Same way we can't wait to vote tinubu....the feeling is mutual
Funny. So what about neutrals like us, where do we stand?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Mandate2023: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2022
fiizznation:

What is funny in where am voting.....where ever u like u stand, that's ur problem not mine....if u want a better Nigeria and want d south to take power Tinubu is d candidate, dis is reality and not all dis mushrooms tribalistic party's like NNPC, AAC etc.

The only 2 party is APC and PDP, others will be looking for where d votes of all dis online miscreants disappear to on election day

237 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Michella25: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2022
Issorait,

#ProudlyObidient.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Okoroawusa: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2022
I can't also wait to vote for Bola Ahmed Tinubu...

No insults on this thread and on her social media handles and you know why...but let another celebrity say these exact words about Tinubu and watch cyber terrorism at its finest.

248 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Okoroawusa: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2022
fiizznation:
There are no neutrals when it comes to political decisions. If you check your heart very well you will find that it's tilted towards a particular candidate . Maybe not totally but you prefer a candidate more than others.

241 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by YoungLionken(m): 7:08am On Jul 20, 2022
Are you voting him because you yearn for change or because he's your tribesman??

I noticed majority of the Igbos just want to vote Obi because he's Igbo, regardless. But when the Yoruba does that with BAT, it becomes something else..

Well, I'm voting Obi because of change...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Sabadon(m): 7:08am On Jul 20, 2022
We all cant wait.....Obidatti 2023

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:09am On Jul 20, 2022
Intelligent enlightened people who understands what it takes to move the country forward supports peter obi.

Street urchins,thugs, people with anti social behaviors and low lifes that depends on tinubu handouts support tinubu the drug Lord

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2022
We remain OBIdiently Yusuful

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by esivue007(m): 7:09am On Jul 20, 2022
Honestly,I can't wait either.

14 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by christm386: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2022
Lol, people who wants a better nation, people who are learned, people who are recognized around the world all support Peter Obi!! My assertion is that an average Nigerian does not deserve Peter OBI

So who are u going to listen to!! Some frustrated tribalistic individuals on Nairaland who might be Cart pusher or living in one remote areas and have never left their state of origin! Telling us to vote for a man who can not hold up the flag of his party

Anyways since afenifere, seun of Nairaland, David of Twitter who I know are influential Yoruba’s all see same thing in Peter Obi!!
Then who the f re u!

B4 ur opinion on OBI matter to me, u have to be in same level with this Yoruba’s I just mentioned, I’d not the u are speaking for ur self, stop saying we Yoruba’s, say I won’t vote for Peter Obi!!! Stop adding people wey no follow u dey chop ur 30k abeg

18 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by kokkubabboni421(m): 7:10am On Jul 20, 2022
If the APC government had any sense of reasoning, they won’t project tinubu to us.
Are we going from frying pan to fire ?? It’s quite sickening

21 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2022
Blackfire:
Who is obi ?

North 2023

Always resist the urge to shalaye, especially in the morning

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cameroon's Army: We Kill Them But They Keep On Coming. / "Wait For Another Election, If You Don't Like Buhari" – Obasanjo / USA Embassy Message On Nigeria Election In Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.