Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. (4279 Views)

Why Revolution Is Difficult In A Liberal Democracy / Davido Blasts Oyetola: 'You Are Actually Just A Bad Human Being' / Osinbajo: All Tiers Of Government Must Be Open-minded, Collaborative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by tctrills: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
homosapien:

Your clueless obi should have made garri free first in Igbo land before giving Nigeria cheaper Garri.

I wonder why your soludo is borrowing 100 billion within hundred days.

Bunch of jokers
I told you that you were an Idiot, Soludo is not Obi.
1 month ago you guys were laughing, "Obi has no structure, no one would vote for him." Fast forward to today and you begin to write epistles to all Yoruba. What change? Now you guys bring fake unknown bishops to inaugurate your vice president. Imagine the tables were turned? Imagine it was a Christian candidate bringing fake Imams, by now they would have started killing Christians all over the north. I am happy that you are getting uncomfortable. There is no peace for the wicked. Evil man.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by tctrills: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
T9ksy:

Where in my post, did you see me me begging anyone, not to support your fake "national" movement? It's a Free choice- and yours.

I don't give a rat's a.r.s.e about the new Tinubu's escapade.

Scared ke? If all Yorubas are aligned with my sentiment, we won't be having this convo, as we would have achieved yoruba nation, by now.
All Yorubas cannot align with your stupidity because most Yorubas are smart and they want a better country. Obasanjo ruled for 8 years, did it transform Yoruba land into Newyork? Your stupid sentiment is the reason why your children are at home when they should be at the university. Fool.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

Every tribe has its own vocal minority. I can assure you that majority of igbos in Lagos know that Lagos is originally a Yoruba land. That is the reason the igbos in Lagos have never protest not producing the Governor of Lagos.
However it is injustice for the yorubas not to consider the igbos for at least three commissioners in Lagos. This is the feeling of threat that I am talking about. The igbos are major stakeholders in Lagos and derserve more respect from yorubas.
why should yoruba appoint igbos as commissioner in Lagos ??
Can an Enugu man be SA in imo let alone yorubas appointed as commissioner in any state in the East

The best they(yorubas) can do is provide enabling environment for them for businesses,happily,they have been enjoying that
If they aren’t contended with that,they can move to alaigbo

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Parachoko: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hmmm

I'm doubting Nigeria can truly develop if we continue this way.

We need to change our system of Government cause we are not ready to be united.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by MikeofAfrica: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
akinremiayomide:
why should yoruba appoint igbos as commissioner in Lagos ??
Can an Enugu man be SA in imo let alone yorubas appointed as commissioner in any state in the East

The best they(yorubas) can do is provide enabling environment for them for businesses,happily,they have been enjoying that
If they aren’t contended with that,they can move to alaigbo

How many yorubas are living in Enugu or Imo?. The population of igbos in Lagos today is over 3 million. They do not only live in Lagos but also invest in Lagos. Hence igbos deserve to be treated as stakeholders in the Lagos project. it is unfair for the yorubas to deny them commissioner slots in Lagos.
It can be compare to the owner of a company who sell shares to people and yet prevent the same people who brought the shares from participating in the company's stakeholders meeting.
That is exactly what yorubas have been doing in Lagos.
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by ASAPFERG1: 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
Henrymathias:
Yorubas should be grateful to British army and federal troops made up mainly of foreigners for helping them push back biafran troops wen they got to ore. Thank your stars. if not U wouldn't have been here spewing trash.
chestbeaters grin grin

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by T9ksy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
tctrills:

All Yorubas cannot align with your stupidity because most Yorubas are smart and they want a better country. Obasanjo ruled for 8 years, did it transform Yoruba land into Newyork? Your stupid sentiment is the reason why your children are at home when they should be at the university. Fool.

Yeah, of course, discerning yorubas want a better country - yoruba nation.

Nigeria has been nothing but a clog in the wheels of our collective development as a group. Ditto, most ethnic nationalities in this warped unholy union.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by tctrills: 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
T9ksy:

Yeah, of course, discerning yorubas want a better country - yoruba nation.

Nigeria has been nothing but a clog in the wheels of our collective development as a group. Ditto, most ethnic nationalities in this warped unholy union.
u are boring
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by homosapien(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
tctrills:

I told you that you were an Idiot, Soludo is not Obi.
1 month ago you guys were laughing, "Obi has no structure, no one would vote for him." Fast forward to today and you begin to write epistles to all Yoruba. What change? Now you guys bring fake unknown bishops to inaugurate your vice president. Imagine the tables were turned? Imagine it was a Christian candidate bringing fake Imams, by now they would have started killing Christians all over the north. I am happy that you are getting uncomfortable. There is no peace for the wicked. Evil man.

When your Argument lack merit and grit, you result to name calling. Not surprised though that how dummies. Remember to vote Tinubu for president.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by homosapien(m): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I keep seeing this unfounded insinuation that Igbo people dont call out their leaders. It is funny. It makes no sense.

How many thread have be created on Tinubu alone, how many have been created to call out your political leader on these forum alone. Bring it out then we start proper discussion.
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by T9ksy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

How many yorubas are living in Enugu or Imo?. The population of igbos in Lagos today is over 3 million. They do not only live in Lagos but also invest in Lagos. Hence igbos deserve to be treated as stakeholders in the Lagos project. it is unfair for the yorubas to deny them commissioner slots in Lagos.
It can be compare to the owner of a company who sell shares to people and yet prevent the same people who brought the shares from participating in the company's stakeholders meeting.

Ol' boy, if you ( & ur mischievous
ilks) don't like how yorubas are running lagos then you can take your unsolicited phantom investment to Abuja or kano. Am sure el- rufai will just be too happy to offer them , not only commissioners post but rather deputy governor post.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by ASAPFERG1: 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2022
T9ksy:

ilks) don't like how yorubas are running lagos then you can take your unsolicited phantom investment to Abuja or kano. Am sure el- rufai will just be too happy to offer them , not only commissioners post but rather deputy governor post.
gbam bros.. who beg them for investment. .
Take it back to your region or another region who needs it..

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by jimyjames(m): 6:49am On Jul 21, 2022
DeepThroater:

If I may ask: if Gowon had stopped after liberating the annexed Niger Delta regions, why was sabotage from within the Biafran side more after this landmark military victory?

Would you honestly be satisfied if Gowon had not also liberated your forefathers from Ojukwu's Marxist dictatorship which if it had been left would have seen his son replacing him as HoS - another North Korea but in Africa .
Everything you have said so far is nothing but just childish imagination of what happened in Nigeria-Biafra civil war, your question itself prove how ignorant you are, stop talking about topics beyond your knowledge kid, I don't have time for you
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2022
No wonder they call you folks SOPHISTICATED MORONS!

homosapien:
Our Elders talk about the man who was planning.to jump into the river. He had only tried putting out one leg when a crocodile jumped out of the water and snapped its mouth at his leg.

I will continue to say these things so it can be drilled into your ears and you won't say you were never told.

The jigsaw gets assembled everyday and it becomes very clear that I am right.

1. ABUJA was completely scratched out of the FOREST.

That place was a FOREST.

The Military Leaders of that Era looked at the Map of Nigeria, circled a place that they fancied as the Center of the Country, a place which conveniently fell into Northern Nigeria, and decided it was going to be the new Federal Capital Territory.

And it became so.

A master plan was designed for the city and money started flowing into the place. The money came mainly from the Oil Wealth of the Niger Delta.

In less than 20years, it was already a mighty and beautiful city, brand new and pride of the Nation.

People started moving there.

The city is now overflowing into nearby Niger and Nassarawa States.

Since that FCT got created till this day, I haven't heard of a Minister of the FCT who wasn't from the NORTH.

Infact, in recent times they have always been NORTHERN MUSLIMS.

The Igbos naturally have a very extensive presence in that city just as much as they have in Lagos and other cities in Nigeria.

The ZIONISTS are also there.

But the ZIONISTS HAVE NEVER DARED to call it a No-Man's Land.

Infact, the EndSars Movement got a rude awakening when it tried to replicate the Lagos show on Abuja.

They were quickly reminded of the OWNERSHIP OF ABUJA.

2. I have been to Kano and Kaduna severally. If you go to the area called Sabon Gari in Kano, you could confuse it for any area in the Lagos Suburbs.

The majority of the population there are Igbos.

They have NEVER DARED to call Kano or Kaduna a No-Man's Land.

In those areas, right under their noses, the Kano People Instituted Shari'a and Constituted the Hisbah Police to enforce it on the land.

Liberties are limited.

Everybody is gentle.

They don't behave any how and they won't even begin to dream Political dreams there.

You sit gently where they want you to sit!

3. In Enugu, the IGBO man from IMO STATE knows his limits

At some point each of the SE States were flushing out Non-Indigenes from their civil service not minding that they were Igbos from Neighbouring states.

Governor Akeredolu's wife tried to show herself in her home state of Imo. She was quickly educated of the limitations of her Rights.

In Anambra particularly, it was so bad that they wouldn't even allow Bianca, the very wife/widow of Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu any space to excel.

She couldn't contest the Election in Anambra State.

She's from Enugu and had no such previlege in Anambra State.

You can then imagine the fate of a Non-Igbo in the South-East States.

It is THEIR LAND.

4. But the story has to Change in the SOUTH-WEST, Lagos in particular.

Yorubas are a liberal People. We are actually open-minded fools.

First, Lagos is declared No-Mans Land.

The ZIONISTS have been working tirelessly in the last 40years moving IGBO population strategically into the SW, Lagos State in particular.

That haa gone to very advanced stages now

They have successfully altered the demographics of Lagos.

Now, they have begun to drag the land and Rights of Indigene with you.

They know you are liberal [ Foolish ] People so they will play the EXACT game of Azikiwe

They will tell you it's "One Nigeria",."We are brothers" and that the constition ofcourse guarantees freedom of movement and equal rights for all Citizens.

They will tell you that afterall there is one Kemi contesting in Britain as PM and there is one Chukwuemeka who is Mayor in America.

They will tell you that "afterall we are in Cotonou, Kenya, etc"

They just can't tell you that you can't get the same Things and Rights applied to you in the SE and other regions.

The ZIONISTS are in the race with the Jihadists by the way.

They are actually on the same mission using different routes and methods.

By Adedamola Adetayo.
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
You will end up like Saro Wiwa. Fulani and Yoruba have monopolized you oil wealth while turning Niger Delta to an ecological disaster. Rather than fight this twin evil, you more worried by Ndigbo who seek to live in peace with their neighbors and develop their place of domicile. Hypertension na him to kill time!

DeepThroater:

This.

I thank God people are beginning to realize that international Zionism and International Jihadism are one and the same.

It is also very important to note that Igbo Zionism and Fulani Jijadism , has but one goal : to continue to maintain the multicultural cesspit called one nijeriya .

Both the Igbo and Fulani share the same exact political outlook for Nigeria . Their own differences being which should dominate the rest of the nationals in Nigerian.

You can not be a Zionist aka Internationalist like the Fulani and still claim to be a Nationalist.

This is where Biafraism clothed in Zionist garb exposes its fallacy .

The Yoruba have been sleeping .

But they caused their own slumber by promoting one Nigerianism and so should not complain .

The Yoruba wants his cake and wants to eat it as well. The Niger Delta stolen wealth you partake in without batting an eye is why you support one Nigeria.

The Igbo is a parasitic leach that can not be contained in his blighted yeast land and this must spread out everywhere or else he is doomed to hunger and poverty. But unlike how the north keeps the Igbo ever mindful of the fact that he is not in his useless village with much needed timely reminders in the form of the usual reoccurring beheadings and pillaging of Igbo properties in the north, the Yoruba has not found a way of reminding the Igbo that the land he is is not his village.

In the Niger Delta, we have our ways of drilling sense into the Igbo on knowing his limits .

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2022
Are you not cowards and chicken-hearted. The North has humiliated.imprisoned, harassed, killed Yoruba leading lights in the past 50 years. But rather than confronting the North, you have all surrendered and accepted Northern enslavement of Yoruba nation in this fake One Nigeria. You shriveled manhood only gets its biggest erection when it concerns Ndigbo. Shameless cowards and quisling.

Aldol:

God bless you for this excellent writeup, you see I was blind before but thank God nairaland opened my eyes. We need to reduce this our useless tolerance and diplomacy approach in doing things, they always take it as cowardice. Ibos worship Northerners in the North because those guys put them in their place whenever they try misbehave. Any small thing they call us cowards and betrayals , can you imagine that nonsense because we are too nice abi, well the next generations of Yorubas will have to stop playing here niceness to peeps who don't deserve it
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Agbado brain will always beget agbado comments
tamdun:

Let us help them(igbos) spread the hate they want, sw is the safest place for Igbo in Nigeria but as usual, they are about to mess things up for themselves, instead of us to to engage them in fruitless debate, why don't we talk to ourselves, open the eyes of the blind ones among us.
imagine these fuckers are trying to devide yoruba people with religion?
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2022
Educated illiterate. With all your so-called education, you know nothing about the factual events of the war which happened almost 60 years ago. TUFIAKWA!

Christistruth00:

Did you see Oba of Benin dragging Lagos with anybody

It is only Biafran Igbos that are foolish enough to do that

Ojukwu was also foolish enough to try to drag Lagos into Biafra

Mercifully Ojukwu’s Army met God Almighty on Duty at Ore

It ended in Ojukwu’s devastating defeat of Biblical Proportions

after 3 million Precious Souls had been Sacrificed for his foolishness
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by backtovillage: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

Lagos belong to the Bini. The indigenous people of Edo State.

Stop claiming what's not yours.
Your bini left Ondo and jump to Lagos
Weldone ma.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Uchek(m): 7:50am On Jul 21, 2022
Which hell did you show Abacha? Thank God for death. Abacha would have transformed himself to civilian president and you folks won’t do anything. Abiola was jailed, tortured in prison and eventually killed by Muslim Northerners and Yoruba did not lift a finger

tamdun:

Mr man, bring credible source where Abacha or babangida made such statement.
And in case u don't know, the only tribe that showed those 2(Abacha and babangida) hell are Yoruba
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Aldol: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2022
Uchek:
Are you not cowards and chicken-hearted. The North has humiliated.imprisoned, harassed, killed Yoruba leading lights in the past 50 years. But rather than confronting the North, you have all surrendered and accepted Northern enslavement of Yoruba nation in this fake One Nigeria. You shriveled manhood only gets its biggest erection when it concerns Ndigbo. Shameless cowards and quisling.

So be it,it's better I align with the North than align with you, Your plan is make yorubas enemies to themselves and to other regions but you have failed.
Warriors killing their own people for nothing
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Realguyman1(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2022
homosapien:
Our Elders talk about the man who was planning.to jump into the river. He had only tried putting out one leg when a crocodile jumped out of the water and snapped its mouth at his leg.

I will continue to say these things so it can be drilled into your ears and you won't say you were never told.

The jigsaw gets assembled everyday and it becomes very clear that I am right.

1. ABUJA was completely scratched out of the FOREST.

That place was a FOREST.

The Military Leaders of that Era looked at the Map of Nigeria, circled a place that they fancied as the Center of the Country, a place which conveniently fell into Northern Nigeria, and decided it was going to be the new Federal Capital Territory.

And it became so.

A master plan was designed for the city and money started flowing into the place. The money came mainly from the Oil Wealth of the Niger Delta.

In less than 20years, it was already a mighty and beautiful city, brand new and pride of the Nation.

People started moving there.

The city is now overflowing into nearby Niger and Nassarawa States.

Since that FCT got created till this day, I haven't heard of a Minister of the FCT who wasn't from the NORTH.

Infact, in recent times they have always been NORTHERN MUSLIMS.

The Igbos naturally have a very extensive presence in that city just as much as they have in Lagos and other cities in Nigeria.

But the ZIONISTS HAVE NEVER DARED to call it a No-Man's Land.

Infact, the EndSars Movement got a rude awakening when it tried to replicate the Lagos show on Abuja.

They were quickly reminded of the OWNERSHIP OF ABUJA.

2. I have been to Kano and Kaduna severally. If you go to the area called Sabon Gari in Kano, you could confuse it for any area in the Lagos Suburbs.

The majority of the population there are Igbos.

They have NEVER DARED to call Kano or Kaduna a No-Man's Land.

In those areas, right under their noses, the Kano People Instituted Shari'a and Constituted the Hisbah Police to enforce it on the land.

Liberties are limited.

Everybody is gentle.

They don't behave any how and they won't even begin to dream Political dreams there.

You sit gently where they want you to sit!

3. In Enugu, the IGBO man from IMO STATE knows his limits

At some point each of the SE States were flushing out Non-Indigenes from their civil service not minding that they were Igbos from Neighbouring states.

Governor Akeredolu's wife tried to show herself in her home state of Imo. She was quickly educated of the limitations of her Rights.

In Anambra particularly, it was so bad that they wouldn't even allow Bianca, the very wife/widow of Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu any space to excel.

She couldn't contest the Election in Anambra State.

She's from Enugu and had no such previlege in Anambra State.

You can then imagine the fate of a Non-Igbo in the South-East States.

It is THEIR LAND.

4. But the story has to Change in the SOUTH-WEST, Lagos in particular.

Yorubas are a liberal People. We are actually open-minded fools.

First, Lagos is declared No-Mans Land.

The ZIONISTS have been working tirelessly in the last 40years moving IGBO population strategically into the SW, Lagos State in particular.

That haa gone to very advanced stages now

They have successfully altered the demographics of Lagos.

Now, they have begun to drag the land and Rights of Indigene with you.

They know you are liberal [ Foolish ] People so they will play the EXACT game of Azikiwe

They will tell you it's "One Nigeria",."We are brothers" and that the constition ofcourse guarantees freedom of movement and equal rights for all Citizens.

They will tell you that afterall there is one Kemi contesting in Britain as PM and there is one Chukwuemeka who is Mayor in America.

They will tell you that "afterall we are in Cotonou, Kenya, etc"

They just can't tell you that you can't get the same Things and Rights applied to you in the SE and other regions.

They are actually on the same mission using different routes and methods.

By Adedamola Adetayo.
Oga are there anybody calling Ekiti, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo or Kwara State a no man's land?

The day Lagos was made the capital of Nigeria when the world was civilizing, was the day Lagos became a no man's land, but a land for all Nigerians. But so unfortunate Lagos is no longer the capital of Nigeria today, but all the good did and development has already been done there by the British and the then Nigeria federal government. And the good did and development of Lagos was for all Nigerians and not for the Yorubas.

Is today Abuja not a no man's land? So why all this tribal doings?
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Christistruth00: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Uchek:
Educated illiterate. With all your so-called education, you know nothing about the factual events of the war which happened almost 60 years ago. TUFIAKWA!

Ojukwu was foolish to have sacrificed his People for nothing only to flee when it what his turn to Sacrifice himself

Ojukwu played wicked Politics with their lives

He should have fled before the War Started and left them alive

For you to appreciate the extent of the Calamity Ojukwu unleashed on his People

did you know that before the Civil War there were more Igbos than Yorubas in Nigeria, it was the

Civil War that Changed that.after their Population was decimated by War induced hunger and disease

and Ojukwu still didn’t Care.

Your insults cannot hide or Change the Truth

Below is Azikiwe’s Letter to Ojukwu dated 25th September 1968 sent from Paris Pleading with Ojukwu to negotiate and end the Futile Biafran War and not turn Igboland into a massive Cemetery

Ojukwu Ignored Azikiwe’s Pleading

From Page 330, Crisis and Conflict in Nigeria Vol 2 by Andrew Kirk Greene 1970

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by homosapien(m): 9:44am On Jul 21, 2022
Uchek:
No wonder they call you folks SOPHISTICATED MORONS!

Just like how you zionist are known as victimized zombies

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Nwaotu10(m): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2022
LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND. GO AND DEVELOP OSHOGBO OR IBADAN AND CLAIM ITS OWNERSHIP! Lazy mfk grin
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Damisic: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2022
Henrymathias:
Yorubas should be grateful to British army and federal troops made up mainly of foreigners for helping them push back biafran troops wen they got to ore. Thank your stars. if not U wouldn't have been here spewing trash.

That why we killed you in your thousand ....render all your mother's widow ....turn all your brothers and sisters to orphan..and we are very proud of it ....be thanking gowon for declaring ni victor no vanquish...cos we for name your shithole caveland called alaigbo a conquered territory and share it as war booties

Thank your star you are still regarded as a tribe in nigeria and not as a slave

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Damisic: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2022
Elemosho478:

Some of the kings in Benin land were also buried in Ile ife

That mean Benin is a property of Yoruba according to your logic, Benin is actually Yoruba land, your king is also a Yoruba man
cool cool cool cool cool...oil dey ur head
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by MikeofAfrica: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
T9ksy:

It is people like you that advices Buhari to neglect the igbos and the youths in his government. Today, the youths are determine to get their pound of flesh from Buhari and APC using an Igbo man.
Similarly, if yorubas continue to neglect igbos in the Government of Lagos, one day, the people of SS, NC ,NE and NW living in Lagos will mobilize behind the igbos and wrestle the Government of Lagos from yorubas.
The Yoruba leaders of Lagos have to learn that the best way to checkmate your rival is to bring him closer to you.
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by diadem10: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Where was the capital of the Western Region so called Jurisdiction of the Egba people controlled by Yorubas, Lagos or Ibadan?, Where was the Federal Government administrating from 1906-1991/92 Lagos or Ibadan?

Lagos State is a Federal (Pride of Nigeria) Government project, that is why lazy people like you will be quick to want to claim it.

You miscreant isn't even bold to declare your ethnic to show how cowardly you're.

Now this is history, the SW were the region with the largest revenue from several agricultural products before the advent of Oil. The SW region was the only one into trading at the time the British colonised Nigeria before other regions went into one. The SW had textiles, Kola, Cocoa, Palm, timber, cotton, limestones, more than any other regions and were already trading by the sea before the British took over. See the attachment below and see that it was the British who took over the trades they met at Lagos coast. Such trades include palm, textiles, slaves trades and others.

According to the archives, the Yorubas were found clothed compared to other ethnic who were found naked in other regions. The Yorubas were already civilized and into trading before British took over. The archieve talked about the British coming through Lagos coastal sea which was used for trading by the natives. The trades include textiles, palm and slave trading before the British took over. The British had the SW feeding the country before other regions went into trading, and not after other regions went into trading.. This is tell you Lagos was already a small economic hub before the British took over and control the trades. Lagos was developed as a result of her own revenue and resources! Let that sink into your head.

The eastern region were still struggling and that was why most of their prominent men had their lives in the SW..

Check again and see the history of Lagos developed by Southwest, Awolowo and the Creoles who were the Yoruba retuning slaves who came up with several architectural design in Lagos. See once again and realise that Lagos was only rapidly developed in the 60's and 70's as a result of economic boom before the civil war which means crude oil was out of the equation. In fact in 1968, it was documented that the palm Industry which was constructed by Awolowo contributed the largest revenue (80%) into Nigeria purse during its hey day before crude oil became profitable in the late 70's. That's not to mention the Cocoa house or the limestones industry in Ogun state which dangote is overseeing today. This reaffirmed the fact that the SW was the one feeding Nigeria before crude oil became profitable until in the late 70's.

At that time, crude oil wasn't profitable nor exploited in commercial quantities. The SW was the region feeding the whole country

Meanwhile, Ikeja was the brainchild of Awolowo. He was the first to build commercial housing estates in Nigeria and also the first industrial layout was built by him in Lagos. So what nonsense are you ranting about? As a matter of fact, only half of a local government was under the federal capital Territory, other areas in Lagos were under the southwest region which Awolowo was overseeing. Lagos seaport was also built before the amalgamation of Nigeria. Built by Southwest resources btw.

You had better get sense irrespective of your ethnic.

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by maybet081: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
gbam bros.. who beg them for investment. .
Take it back to your region or another region who needs it..
what is glo,and Gtb doing @ Onitsha, that answers your foolish question.
Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by Goke7: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

Let's stop deceiving ourselves, Nigeria is not ready for that kind of development. The western nations that practice those kind of diversity themselves are just doing it for image purposes. They themselves don't like all those kind of inclusion and diversity they talk about. Everybody just dey pretend.

We humans can never be tolerant as we think or imagine. The Igbos should do more by developing their region more and stop begging to be accepted in other people's land. The SW do not share any history, border or boundary with the SE in any way so what's the fuss always wanting to be accorded some special privileges in a land they do not originate from.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are A Liberal People. We Are Actually Open-minded Fools. by ASAPFERG1: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
maybet081:
what is glo,and Gtb doing @ Onitsha, that answers your foolish question.
they should comeback.. so that your trader brothers can go back home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If Nigerians Allowed This Man To Win This Election We Are Finished / My Apologies For Been Engaged In Tribal Issues In The Past Few Months / Abiola's Death: Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar Will Respond "At The Right Time"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.