Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain (395 Views)

CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by adenigga(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2022
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye has described the party’s presidential flagbearer, Bola Tinubu, as a man of the people.
Naija News reports that Kennedy-Ohanenye was one of the APC presidential aspirants who stepped down for Tinubu at the ruling party’s National Convention in Abuja on June 6.

In a chat with The Punch on Tuesday, the lawyer said that Tinubu has touched lives and helped people into government and political offices without expecting anything in return.

She stated that the former Lagos State Governor shares some similarities with the winner of the June 12, 1993 election, MKO Abiola, in terms of ideology.

The APC chieftain, however, maintained that Tinubu has done more than Abiola in terms of helping the masses and has sown seeds in different areas across the country.

Kennedy-Ohanenye said the APC presidential candidate is known across the length and breadth of the country and has prepared himself for the Presidency for years.

She said: “The fact remains that they share so many similarities in terms of touching lives and helping people into government and political offices without coming for appreciation. They are the people the masses can easily relate to because of their “man of the people” posture.

“Left alone to me, I would probably say Tinubu did more than the winner of the June 12, 1993 election. Asiwaju is known across the length and breadth of the country. We know that he has prepared himself for this for so many years and sown seeds in different areas across the country.”

Speaking further, Kennedy-Ohanenye expressed support for the APC Muslim-Muslim ticket for the 2023 presidential election.

She advised Nigerians to focus on the competence and capability of candidates instead of the obsession with religion and ethnicity.

“I don’t hide it. Nigerians should learn to focus on the competence and capability of candidates instead of this obsession with religion and ethnicity. Tinubu’s wife, for instance, is a Christian, but he remains a Muslim.

“To me, the Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter. The truth is that you will require a Muslim ticket if you hope to get massive votes from the North. Even the late MKO Abiola chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket and he won convincingly.

“The margin was awesome as both Christians and Muslims voted for them because they knew that the masses would be touched by his philanthropic lifestyle,” she said.

Source: https:///2023-Tinubu-Has-Done-More-Good-Than-MKO-Abiola-APC-Chieftain

Re: 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by Totilopussylick(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2022
Misplaced priority tongue

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by Abdul05: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2022
Tinubu's philanthropic gestures... grin

Has made him more acceptable to Nigerians

And,

With this attitude We , northern Christians will have it no other way than to vote him.. > grin cheesy
Re: 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by Dreal1247: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2022
Chief patron of touts. You can say it again.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by Penguin2: 10:20am On Jul 20, 2022
Is this not an insult on Abiola?

I hope to hear Abiola family statement on this.

Or it doesn’t matter since Abiola and Tinubu share drug dealing past in common?

Imagine an Igbo man saying Peter Obi has done more than Azikiwe or Ojukwu… that person go collect woto woto.

But since Tinubu is the new found lord of the Yoruba, I’m sure they will let the insult slide.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Has Done More Good Than MKO Abiola – APC Chieftain by Moh247: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Penguin2:
Is this not an insult on Abiola?

I hope to hear Abiola family statement on this.

Or it doesn’t matter since Abiola and Tinubu share drug dealing past in common?

Imagine an Igbo man saying Peter Obi has done more than Azikiwe or Ojukwu… that person go collect woto woto.

But since Tinubu is the new found lord of the Yoruba, I’m sure they will let the insult slide.

Minding one's business is a crime in Biafra land

Always looking for what is lost

Imagine of we call Ojuckwu a coward that ran off to cote d vote while 3 million people starved to death... Won't you people tell us we are attacking Ojucrook

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shettima Unveiling: We Were Promised N100,000, Paid N40,000 – ‘Bishop’ Claims / Do You Hate Tinubu Or APC Or Buhari. Why Are You Against Them? / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Anglican Bishop Blasts APC, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.