Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Lagos VIS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos VIS (3852 Views)

Lasg Vis Text Message: How Accurate Is This? / How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos VIS by komalive(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
My vehicle has been parked since 2019 in my compound in Lagos because I traveled out. Came back last week and decided to renew its license and I was told I have an unpaid bill of 20k for being captured by traffic camera on 25/02/2022.

I was directed to go to Ojodu if I'm contesting it which I intend going tomorrow.

My question thus:
1. How did the car get captured when nobody had access to the said car because I'm with the ignition key?
Re: Lagos VIS by onyii255(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Following this to see responses.

I was sent a message some weeks ago that I was captured by traffic camera in ikeja and asked to pay 20k. I went to Ikeja on the said day but did not beat any traffic lights.

I wonder what must have happened..
Re: Lagos VIS by aieromon(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2022
komalive:

I was directed to go to Ojodu if I'm contesting it which I intend going tomorrow.

My question thus:
1. How did the car get captured when nobody had access to the said car because I'm with the ignition key?

Ask to see their evidence when you visit Ojodu. It's either the vehicle beat the traffic light or the car was caught on the road with an expired licence.

Good luck.
Re: Lagos VIS by aieromon(m): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
onyii255:
Following this to see responses.

I was sent a message some weeks ago that I was captured by traffic camera in ikeja and asked to pay 20k. I went to Ikeja on the said day but did not beat any traffic lights.

I wonder what must have happened..

Think hard and well.

Did you drive a vehicle with expired papers?
Re: Lagos VIS by komalive(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
aieromon:

Ask to see their evidence when you visit Ojodu. It's either the vehicle beat the traffic light or the car was caught on the road with an expired licence.

Good luck.

I went to Ojodu today, made my complaints and a picture of another car was shown with my number plate on it. I contested it and I was made to produce my proof of ownership certificate. And the issue was resolved peacefully.

But I keep wondering if it was a Photoshop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos VIS by Mophor: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
komalive:

I went to Ojodu today, made my complaints and a picture of another car was shown with my number plate on it. I contested it and I was made to produce my proof of ownership certificate. And the issue was resolved peacefully.

Was is the same model of your car or another car model and type entirely
Re: Lagos VIS by aieromon(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
komalive:

You have a criminal insider. The plates can easily be unscrewed and fitted on another car.
Re: Lagos VIS by onyii255(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
aieromon:

Think hard and well.

Did you drive a vehicle with expired papers?

The road worthiness has expired. Could that be the reason?
Re: Lagos VIS by aieromon(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
onyii255:

The road worthiness has expired. Could that be the reason?

There you go!
Re: Lagos VIS by onyii255(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
aieromon:

There you go!

Wow. Thanks a lot Man.
Re: Lagos VIS by komalive(m): 5:32am On Jul 22, 2022
Mophor:

Entirely different brands.

Mine is Infiniti FX35 whereas the captured one is Toyota Corolla
Re: Lagos VIS by komalive(m): 5:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Lagos VIS by komalive(m): 6:06am On Jul 22, 2022
Mophor:

Entirely different brands. Mine is Infiniti FX35 whereas the captured one was Toyota Corolla

Re: Lagos VIS by TheGrandMaster: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2022
Always check at intervals on this site https://payvis.ng/ Enter your number plates and it will show if you have any outstanding fines.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS by Fujiyama: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2022
^^^

I clicked on your link and anti-virus flagged it immediately. I typed in the URL manually and didn't have any problems.
Re: Lagos VIS by aieromon(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fujiyama:
^^^

I clicked on the link and anti-virus flagged it immediately.

https://payvis.ng/

Website works fine. You must have copied the link with the dot at the end of the OP's post. Try it again.
Re: Lagos VIS by Fujiyama: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
aieromon:

https://payvis.ng/

Website works fine. You must have copied the link with the dot at the end of the OP's post. Try it again.

^^^
I didn't copy the link - I just clicked on the link in Grandmaster's post and it was flagged. Don't know why...
Re: Lagos VIS by kernniejay(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
I didn't copy the link - I just clicked on the link in Grandmaster's post and it was flagged. Don't know why...
Why are you talking like this naw. You clicked on the link which includes the last dot. Don't be difficult to assist.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS by kernniejay(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
komalive:

Entirely different brands.

Mine is Infiniti FX35 whereas the captured one is Toyota Corolla
I don't trust any of those men in uniform, Police, LASTMA, VIO, FRSC etc. They can do anything to rob you. Meanwhile don't you think someone could use your plate number to move an unregistered car around?
Re: Lagos VIS by ospreywin(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nobody used your number plate and for the sake of public awareness, the ANPR camera does capture wrong vehicles and for wrong offences, you will be notified via a registered phone number that your vehicle has been booked, what you have to do in case of wrong booking is to take your papers along to ojodu VIS HQ and contest the bill, they will do their checking and clear the bills at no extra fee, likewise if you renewed your road worthiness outside Lagos and you were booked for expired road worthiness, you can contest that also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos VIS by mejai(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2022
ospreywin:
Nobody used your number plate and for the sake of public awareness, the ANPR camera does capture wrong vehicles and for wrong offences, you will be notified via a registered phone number that your vehicle has been booked, what you have to do in case of wrong booking is to take your papers along to ojodu VIS HQ and contest the bill, they will do their checking and clear the bills at no extra fee, likewise if you renewed your road worthiness outside Lagos and you were booked for expired road worthiness, you can contest that also.
Greetings! I am in this at the moment. Just checked the online platform and I was booked for RWC. Meanwhile, I renewed it since July when I was in another state. Which way? Should I contest online? Thanks
Re: Lagos VIS by ospreywin(m): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
mejai:

Greetings! I am in this at the moment. Just checked the online platform and I was booked for RWC. Meanwhile, I renewed it since July when I was in another state. Which way? Should I contest online? Thanks
If you contest online they won't reply or give you a feedback, the best way is to go to their ojodu office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS by mejai(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
ospreywin:

If you contest online they won't reply or give you a feedback, the best way is to go to their ojodu office.
Ok. I have to visit then.
Re: Lagos VIS by Conner44: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
komalive:

If you have a Lagos or Abuja plate number just be aware that there are many fakes out there. There might be as much as 3 other vehicles using the same number as yours driving and renewing registrations in different states in Nigeria.

The worst thing is that there is nothing anyone can do about it except one of you using the same number bites the bullet and goes for a fresh registration of plates and documentation.

It happened to me.
Re: Lagos VIS by connkg(m): 4:25am On Aug 25, 2022
Why go to their office to contest it?
Why not sue?

There have been payments for wrongful charges, since some will not contest the charge.
If another car has my number/ number plate, the system should be harmonised. I shouldn't also be burdened with the cost of proving my innocence because of an unharmonised system.

Reversed fines, even without punitive charges to the Agency will help. It will balance out any high-handedness from any Agency, as personnel will be forced to accept similar cost responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS by Jamal64: 12:13pm On May 05, 2023
Have you gone? Was it reolved?

mejai:

Ok. I have to visit then.
Re: Lagos VIS by mejai(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2023
Jamal64:
Have you gone? Was it reolved?

Nope! I have not been in Lagos since.
Re: Lagos VIS by Dorcasol: 5:51am On Aug 24, 2023
I've already paid the fine and got the certificate. Every whistle blower you employ should do their work right and not turn a noble job to a sordid business. The Church premises should not be a target on Sundays, to way lay worshippers who are already emburdened sufficiently with the woes of the present economic situation in Nigeria. Moreover, what's the essence of paying for a road worthiness, when the roads are not car worthy? Do we have conscience in this country at all? You know from the records that I paid, only to go and get the certificate and get inspected. After the inspection, still plying the unworthy roads. Let's have the fear of God for once in this country sir. If there are other ways for the community to be involved in the construction of these roads, let the government humbly come out instead of leaving the roads as eye sore and yet collect annual funds and tax. I'm not proud as a citizen of Nigeria with all these glorified mess.

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla 2007 Model (bank Type) Vibrates At Between 110 - 120km/h / Second Hand Fuelpump And New One Fuel Pump / Uber Limits U.K. Driver Hours In Response To Safety Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.