Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,934 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (67918 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Happy New Year To You, Your New Year Job Is Here / End Of The Year Job Test Questions And Answers PROMO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Badgers14: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Guderian:
Crazy people.
Who said everyone gat the same ambitions,some people earning 7 figures monthly are tired and depressed with their job, they want to try somefin new

Most people leave their high paying jobs and become adventures or do somefin they love

I read about a guy that quit a $650k a year job to be a Uber driver.

His white collar job paid good money, but very stressful and worked lots of hours, zero personal life.

He managed to hang in there for few years and invested wisely. Driving Uber was just to kill boredom and stay sane grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by franconian: 6:17am On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Take the exponential of that number, that's the number of unrecorded deaths in Nigeria.... let's not talk about the recorded ones

Just wondering... If they are unrecorded, how then did you arrive at that conclusion?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Badgers14: 6:18am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

Again it depends on your state. As a new grad with no experience , $40+ was my starting pay years ago.

I’ve heard of nurses in the south say they pay them $25-30/ hour. I feel bad for them. But Republican states are notorious for that

Just curious.

Which state starts RN @ $40/hr. Is it New York or California?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:18am On Jul 21, 2022
Like SARKODIE WILL SAY ; you know say money no be problem.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by baby124: 6:26am On Jul 21, 2022
Paxlovid:
Not arguing with you. What you posted is not a lie, but I Just want to put things in perspective, for those that may not be aware.

Do I think RNs should make more than they are currently earning? For the abuse they take daily, in addition to the wear and tear, of course I do.
If that is without benefits then that makes sense. Most people’s pay with benefits is around that rate. But take home is almost half before taxes. They may have a salary of 70k but it costs the employer about 140k to keep them. But a contract employee pays their own benefits by themselves in full. Which could be more expensive as employers get discounted rates actually. I did see one of the pay slip say contract.

But if Coco is saying that pay is with benefit, then I guess we will go with that.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 21, 2022
It is an on-call position. It is always without benefit.
baby124:

If that is without benefits then that makes sense. Most people’s pay with benefits is around that rate. But take home is almost half before taxes. They may have a salary of 70k but it costs the employer about 140k to keep them. But a contract employee pays their own benefits by themselves in full. Which could be more expensive as employers get discounted rates actually. I did see one of the pay slip say contract.

But if Coco is saying that pay is with benefit, then I guess we will go with that.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by ariesbull: 6:32am On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
Living in Nigeria is very risky. If you can, leave as soon as possible. Don't be deceived by those who are stuck
do you know that gun killing in USA is one of the highest in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by FiremanX: 6:34am On Jul 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:
.who da heck leaves 24 million per year job for masters in uk..

Thats a senior management remuneration ...
make una no dey cap any how jarè....People always like fabricating worst case scenarios to prove a point ..
The story doesn't seem true
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by BennyDGreat: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2022
pocohantas:

Sure there are, but the majority are just “comfortable”. I have many friends and former colleagues there. I am talking of the average Nigerian relocating in their late 20s and 30s with 60% of required funds. Not Mbadiwe’s.

You are absolutely right. UK is kinda rigid in a lot of ways. There are secrets to becoming really big in UK and for some reason, it seems that secret is exclusive info.

From your convo with friends/ colleagues, why does it seem difficult to rise above 'comfortable' in U.K?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 6:41am On Jul 21, 2022
Badgers14:

Just curious.

Which state starts RN @ $40/hr. Is it New York or California?

Cali new grads in hospitals is 55-62/hr.

In facilities like long term care etc the pay might be around 40/hr in Cali. My knowledge though is based on hospitals and acute care mostly.

I don’t know about pay in New York. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say they pay well while some say the pay is poor for the amount of work they are required to do. They don’t usually have unions there so they can require more work from them.

I was a new grad in the Seattle area years ago. That’s where that number is coming from. I’m no longer there for now but pay’s probably gone up too with inflation like it did in Cali. So basically in the west coast you’ll see better pay than in the south
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2022
I posted several positions.

One contract. One on-call non-benefited.
I think two said full time. So I’m guessing those are regular jobs. Just to show the different options.

Watch this guy’s video and you’ll see the figures I posted are actually easily obtainable for the area he is in. Mind you he’s not technically in the Bay Area which is the highest paid areas in California. Yet the new grads in their area are around $60/hr. He himself makes $96/hr (conservatively around $150- $170k/yr) as full time staff with benefits. Only 9 years experience. It’s not as if he’s a guru who’s been doing it for decades.

Paxlovid and baby124, so this guy in Cali can make that as a benefited staff not on-call . His wife makes $118/hr on an on-call position which shows that the rate I even posted at $94/hour is not the highest on-call rate in that area. There are always hours to pick up on on-call positions because there a huge nursing shortage nationwide.

I will never make up any information that’s easy to verify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_MnlMAAtnI.
baby124:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Abiodunstephen(m): 6:45am On Jul 21, 2022
His choice though, I got a job abroad before leaving Nigeria but I will tell you this when you are coming abroad with your children just prepare yourself for so many cheat you will receive also you will pay bill till you realize that everything you see on social media or because someone came to Nigeria to show off ego is not really same picture.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Naijaolosho2: 6:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Munamoqel:
in the uk you don't pick money on the floor .several oyinbo Wil change places if offered 24m

Keep quiet and stop saying what you don't know, your so called several oyinbo wouldn't trade the quality of life they get there for your 24m NAIRA job down here. The steady electricity they get alone does it all talkless of a host of others. Besides, when you convert the 24m NAIRA to their currency, they'll be the one losing.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by maasoap(m): 6:49am On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
Living in Nigeria is very risky. If you can, leave as soon as possible. Don't be deceived by those who are stuck

You meant to say some parts of Nigeria. Is leaving in USA or UK not way more risky with all those scaring guns violence victims statistics?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Naijaolosho2: 6:54am On Jul 21, 2022
inoki247:
People think say outside sweet the way dem dey hear am ni I pray dem no regret dere steps....

Apart from insecurity nd some social amenities someone earning 2000usd in Nigeria monthly is beta dan someone earning 10k usd monthly in the state....

and living in doz country sef dere type of work be like slavery for my eyes people be doing 3 to 4 work in a day kilode...

as worst as Nigeria dey apart from having side hustle nobody fit du 3 to 4 work in a day in Nigeria....

Can you see biased comparison? How can you leave those 2 out when it could be the reason why many left or do you think everyone travels just to make money?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Badgers14: 6:54am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

Cali new grads in hospitals is 55-62/hr.

In facilities like long term care etc the pay might be around 40/hr in Cali. My knowledge though is based on hospitals and acute care mostly.

I don’t know about pay in New York. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say they pay well while some say the pay is poor for the amount of work they are required to do. They don’t usually have unions there so they can require more work from them.

I was a new grad in the Seattle area years ago. That’s where that number is coming from. I’m no longer there for now but pay’s probably gone up too with inflation like it did in Cali. So basically in the west coast you’ll see better pay than in the south

Thank you.

Cost of living are higher in the west coast.. that's probably a contributing factor in the higher wages.

Midwest I believe they are still $25 - $38
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Jul 21, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Take the exponential of that number, that's the number of unrecorded deaths in Nigeria.... let's not talk about the recorded ones

That's a lie you keep repeating to yourself. And now, you have started believing it.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2022
Badgers14:

Thank you.

Cost of living are higher in the west coast.. that's probably a contributing factor in the higher wages.

Midwest I believe they are still $25 - $38

Yea cost of living is higher. But having experienced both, I still found it easier to save in the west coast.

$38/hr is also a decent pay in a low-cost-of-living state
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2022
SlayerofSatan:
As seen on Twitter

https://twitter.com/kayodebakre8/status/1549470315998330882
the fear of buhari and his bandits fighters can make someone abandoned his comfort zone
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by maasoap(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2022
RingRoadMafia:

For lying that PO drove Northerners away from Anambra I will not vote for Atiku anymore.

But he did. He did the same thing to SW that made Fashola retaliated. Short memory no good at all.
He equally did the same thing to fellow ibos, sacking them from their civil service jobs in the state including women who were from the same Anambra State but used state of origins of their husbands in the neighbouring States. The Obi Pandora you all are trying hard to sell to Nigeria is way more evil and corrupt than the rest of the presidential candidates.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Munamoqel: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2022
Naijaolosho2:

Keep quiet and stop saying what you don't know, your so called several oyinbo wouldn't trade the quality of life they get there for your 24m NAIRA job down here. The steady electricity they get alone does it all talkless of a host of others. Besides, when you convert the 24m NAIRA to their currency, they'll be the one losing.
you need to keep quiet .may be you are located in some very remote state that hardly see oyinbo and also assume oyinbo is semi God . Only broke people that cannot afford 24 electric now .come to Park view , Osborne's estate .oyinbos in total upstream life large and celebrity life in Nigeria that only footballer can afford in there country that why they don't like rotation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2022
The day you or your family member fall victim to a kidnapping attack, and they are ransomed 5-10million naira, that is when you will have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by AmadorSays: 7:05am On Jul 21, 2022
No blame am, he wants a place where lives are actually valued, everything isn't about the money at the end of the day.

Btw, check this water resistant smartwatch from Oraimo, this is literally the realest deal in town right now.

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sirnoah(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Guderian:
Crazy people.
Who said everyone gat the same ambitions,some people earning 7 figures monthly are tired and depressed with their job, they want to try somefin new

Most people leave their high paying jobs and become adventures or do somefin they love
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Gokoyer1401: 7:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Who dey earn $650K/year as a salary earner? Omo which kind work de dat? It's possible but I will like to know what field the person is working and is the person a Nigerian also? If you have the source of such story, i will like to read it.
Badgers14:

I read about a guy that quit a $650k a year job to be a Uber driver.

His white collar job paid good money, but very stressful and worked lots of hours, zero personal life.

He managed to hang in there for few years and invested wisely. Driving Uber was just to kill boredom and stay sane grin
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Acidosis(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Naijaolosho2:

Slave thinking. With the right money, you can hire oyinbo to work for you in Nigeria. Change your mentality. Africans or Nigerians aren't the only race globetrotting for better pay.

We have so many of them in Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by AmadorSays: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2022
OJURONGBE1:
The day you or your family member fall victim to a kidnapping attack, and they are ransomed 5-10million naira, that is when you will have a rethink.
lol, abi o grin
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Mipoplenty: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2022
The way them show Ali wey he buy moto and other good things in life

https:///5y78z38z
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Theoarhics: 7:11am On Jul 21, 2022
That money may probably not be enough for ransome when bandits come knocking at the door in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by arantess: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2022
Anaya4life:
Two million naira 3years ago was about $5,500. Today it is equivalent to approximately $3,200. Cost of living and inflation is rising in Nigeria. For most people that relocate, it's not always about the money but the quality of life and opportunities available there. People say we don't spend in foreign currency but as long as our economy is imports driven, we will always feel the effect of our weak naira one way or the other....For those in the diaspora who complain about bills and taxes, I always wonder why they have refused to come back sha.
Your last statement, you already answered it in your 2nd paragraph
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Munamoqel: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Flets:

Infact, for proper context, as at today, 1 USD equals 630 naira. As such 24million naira today equals 38K USD. It could easily equal 20K USD in a year following current trajectory. Infact, the folks relocating are the smart ones.

Diesel is 800 naira per liter. Average lekki serviced flats spend almost 750k per month on utilities.
and in the UK the houses are free abi ? And deseal is given by the government and inflation is zero ? you might need to work over 15 daily to afford a 1500 per month house ,600 dollar creche and 5 dollar per gallon fuel and 20 percent tax .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Recruitment / Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k" / Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.