Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (67609 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Happy New Year To You, Your New Year Job Is Here / End Of The Year Job Test Questions And Answers PROMO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Karleb(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2022
Wise choice.

In the next 10 years, the 2 million per month will worth less than 500k. Better to be in a stable economy.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Hassanmaye(m): 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2022
Interesting2023:

Nothing like being stucked, u cannot overrun your destiny. I have someone who japa to U.S in search of greener pasture, collapsed and died afta a year of japa. At the end of the whole helter skelter, na death go still end am.
Eyya hahahhahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by egunna(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
Yusufnairaland2:

So he pays 2m rent monthly? Abi wetin u dey talk? Patapata 4m rent for a duplex in dat same lekki someone earning 24m must also have other parole fetching him money. Plus the wife is a Branch manager..
bros,2M monthly,wetin I dey chop? How d money wan take finish?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by frog12: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
this person na MADMAN. leaving a comfortable 2m a month salary. him eye go open for uk grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Slynation(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
But tell that Odemaighare to return home he will blatantly refused...werey dey disguise!! What if they kidnapped and kill him in Nigeria, what will happen to the #24 million job...

Some people should understand now that it's not a matter of comfortability in Nigeria anymore but it's a matter of security and life assurance

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by ShawnMcJoe: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
I live in the UK and I can categorically tell you that the nurse lady who commented needs prayers.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Slynation(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
24 million a year means 2 million a month. He lives in Lekki which is probably the most expensive residential area in Nigeria Only God knows how much of that 2 million a month will be enough for survival in such a place, especially if you are living in rented accommodation and paying for top class security so that kidnappers will not target you.

change it to Lagos please...
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Can’t speak for uk but USA is worth leaving that salary for. So congratulations to him for finding what’s better for him. All lives are not the same.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 8BitGee(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
He'll earn far more than that in the UK for sure. I know people who earned a similar salary in Nigeria. It makes no meaning as you'll ply the same bad roads, require generators, be robbed by the police and armed robbers alike. The difference in the quality of life is incomparable.

His children will now have a better shot at life courtesy of living in a saner country with better public infrastructure, health care and education. Also, as an individual, he has more inalienable rights in the UK than his country of birth, take a second to digest that.

Even if you want to go by salary alone, it's more than a 2/3s increment.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by backT(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
Living in Nigeria is very risky. If you can, leave as soon as possible. Don't be deceived by those who are stuck
I believed you have been hearing of shooting in USA. Your safety is in God's hands.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
einsteine:

There are mid level managers in oil and gas earning 36 million per annum who have done express entry to Canada. These are people I know.
Because in Canada they can save that much apart from their other expenses. They know it’s worth it
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by henrimoto(m): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Well if he sees better offer and if he thinks the country have more to offer him than naija then he's free to move.
But if I get 24 million job per year for this naija and vampire and zombies dey kill fo Street,i no fit leave ooo.
Na to go buy better ammunition and start playing real life COD.
One Hand on steering and the other hand on my gun ready to shoot any bagger I sight.
...@redchiefpriest, wait! E never complete. Which music selection DJ go play for you sir.?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Drone95(m): 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
Ma dira o, iku pa e grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
NewSoul:
24 million is $50,000 in USA grin

Some people living in some parts of USA earn less than $35,000 per annum . Then if you stay in NYC that's very expensive you can do $80,000- $120,000

This na village people doings. When you get there body go tell you undecided

Maybe he knows his potential and what he can earn.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Talawaka: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Kingcalls:
Minimum wage in UK is 20k pounds a yr which is equal to 16 m naira ... the way our Naira is falling , the British pounds will hit 1k ...meaning that Minimum wage in UK will equal what he earns here and will still get worse ... earnin foreign currency is better

Minimum wage in the UK is no where near £20,000/year.

Don't take my word for it, verify your own claim here: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by ogbonti: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
Omihanifa:

Don’t mind them. Another Twitter fairytale who go abandon 24million naira per year salary and travel to UK to go start afresh? When it not as if such a person is under a spell.

With 24million naira per year you can rub shoulders with a politician in Nigeria nah

with N24 million a year job, anyone who leaves Nigeria should check into mental rehab - he or she is crazy to leave a sure thing venture into the unknown

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by mayo47(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
FYI Lekki isn't the most expensive residential area but Ikoyi

GreatAxeMan:
24 million a year means 2 million a month. He lives in Lekki which is probably the most expensive residential area in Nigeria. Only God knows how much of that 2 million a month will be enough for survival in such a place, especially if you are living in rented accommodation and paying for top class security so that kidnappers will not target you.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Bankowner: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
#24m in Nigeria compared to his standard of living and the standard of living in Nigeria is nothing.

I cannot expect someone earning that amount of money to be spending like someone earning #600k annually, I have been there so I know. Going abroad is hard, true! People I know here in Canada work 2-3 jobs to make a living but the bottomline is you adapt and get used to the system.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by tshtsh: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Omihanifa:

Don’t mind them. Another Twitter fairytale who go abandon 24million naira per year salary and travel to UK to go start afresh? When it not as if such a person is under a spell.

With 24million naira per year you can rub shoulders with a politician in Nigeria nah
I know an AGM at zenith bank that was on an annual gross of 32M and additional bonus of 14M who left to a country in europe. His wife pressured him and he had to let go the job. These things happen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Omihanifa:

24m## /annum the fuxk you all talking bout?? Not even / month I earned over a hundred and seventeen/year think big

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by MemoriesAndMe: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Honestly this one is not a very wise decision.

I know Nigeria has security issues, but what are the odds that he will fall victim?
However it is almost a sure thing that he'll live a poorer life in the UK. Is he even sure of remaining in the UK permanently after that masters?
Even if he remains, hope he's in a field that will pay highly. Inflation is on the rise in the UK as well.

Anyways, his choice, his life. Wishing him the very best.

I agree with your points. At the same time, you may want to understand it's a family decision, not just his personal decision.

Many people leave Nigeria and their well paying jobs to get a good atmosphere to raise their kids in. Not all parents want their kids out of school cos of ASUU/ASUP strikes when they can prevent that in saner climes.

I know more than 10 parents that left Nigeria this year alone cos they want something else for their kids, not necessarily themselves.

Once we are married and have kids, our decisions go beyond ourselves alone, our spouses and kids have to be factored in and sometimes we have to make necessary sacrifices, especially for the kids.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by baby124: 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
tshtsh:

I know an AGM at zenith bank that was on an annual gross of 32M and additional bonus of 14M who left to a country in europe. His wife pressured him and he had to let go the job. These things happen.
Haaaa! That wife na EOP! I hope they were able to do well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Rostikol: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
einsteine:

There are mid level managers in oil and gas earning 36 million per annum who have done express entry to Canada. These are people I know.

SOME OF THEM COULD BE WORKING AS SECURITY GUARDS AS WE SPEAK.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by dettolgel: 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Honestly this one is not a very wise decision.

I know Nigeria has security issues, but what are the odds that he will fall victim?
However it is almost a sure thing that he'll live a poorer life in the UK. Is he even sure of remaining in the UK permanently after that masters?
Even if he remains, hope he's in a field that will pay highly. Inflation is on the rise in the UK as well.

Anyways, his choice, his life. Wishing him the very best.

He runs the risk of his children trying to go live abroad when the father can comfortably do that now for the children and in few years time the children will be citizen and the world will be their playground.

Secondly, even with 24 million naira per annum he can't buy quality healthcare for himself and his family. Bubu still dey seek medical care outside. At least in the UK he is sure that him and his family had equal and unfettered access to quality health care.

Thirdly, his children had better quality of life and just by cross over to the UK their life expectancy had increased by at least 15 years.

What they pay for in terms of utilities is what they get. No in Naija where they pay for electricity and they still have to buy solar panels or generators or both.

You want to talk about paying tax and still paying for street security?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Well if he sees better offer and if he thinks the country have more to offer him than naija then he's free to move.
But if I get 24 million job per year for this naija and vampire and zombies dey kill fo Street,i no fit leave ooo.
Na to go buy better ammunition and start playing real life COD.
One Hand on steering and the other hand on my gun ready to shoot any bagger I sight.
bro u r funny. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by mayo47(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
TBH, enough of this AA famzing. This story about cancellation of Nigeria's debt was significantly a function of Okonjo Iweala network and her credibility perceived by the negotiators as she in the past before then has worked with a few of them.

Bekermann:

God bless you for this. Lemme buttress your points

As the V.P under Gen. Olusegun Obasanjos' regime, the then Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala alongside A.A spearheaded negotiations with the Paris Club that led to the wiping out of US$30 billion of Nigeria's debt, including the outright cancellation of US$18 billion. Sometimes in 2003, the PDP, through the financd ministry, led efforts to improve Nigeria’s macroeconomic management including the implementation of an oil-price based fiscal rule. Revenues accruing above a reference benchmark oil price were saved in a special account, the "Excess Crude Account," which helped to reduce macroeconomic volatility.

It's important to note that the reduction of the aforementioned macroeconomic volatility translates to having single digit inflation rates, which is not damaging to the purchasing power of you and I, as we have it today.

Furthermore, the cancelation of these Paris Club debts, provided funds to the federal government to embark on physical infrastructure such as the rehabilitation of Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway; Lagos-Ibadan expressway; Lagos-Kaduna railway line amongst others.

Also, he has shown that he's a lover of quality education as he's the pioneer of the first American-styled University in sub-saharan Africa; The Amerian University of Nigeria, Adamawa. So its certain that our educational sector wouldn't lack funding.

It's really a long gist.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 234GT(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
tshtsh:

I will never leave an assistant general manager grade for travelling abroad. If the wife wan go, make she go.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by meobizy(f): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
That last comment is the reason why I don’t see the problem in the title.

One has a good job here, but commodities are steadily rising in price, there is no electricity because our discos (aptly named) keep fluctuating in power generation and to top it off, one can die from lack of emergency health services. My friend, you are better off in a developed nation.

My sisters brag to me that expatriates can vote in UK elections because their government believes the more the merrier. Abeg, tell me why I should bother myself with APC vs PDP when I can play an active role in building the developed nation playing host to my existence?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Whobedatte(m): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2022
I know of someone who relocated himself and family to Canada this year
Guy is a big boy by every Nigerian standard , has a house in Lagos and doing very well
I was shocked when I learnt he travelled to Canada
I called him after he left and asked him some questions and he told me and I quote
' I did this for my children , not me persay '
See ehnn , there are some heights you want your children to attain in this life such that you just have to travel out of a third world nation to a developed nation
Take for example , if you want your child to take sports as a career , say like basketball , swimming or ice skating , can they attain such height in Nigeria that does not even have facilities for that ?

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2022
2million naira per annum job in 9ja and i will not go anywhere
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
Whobedatte:
I know of someone who relocated himself and family to Canada this year
Guy is a big boy by every Nigerian standard , has a house in Lagos and doing very well
I was shocked when I learnt he travelled to Canada
I called him after he left and asked him some questions and he told me and I quote
' I did this for my children , not me persay '
See ehnn , there are some heights you want your children to attain in this life such that you just have to travel out of a third world nation to a developed nation
Take for example , if you want your child to take sports as a career , say like basketball , swimming or ice skating , can they attain such height in Nigeria that does not even have facilities for that ?
nigeria wont stay like this forever it will change for the better

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria / Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.