Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

How I Lost My Twin Boys - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Lost My Twin Boys (259 Views)

SHOCKING!!! Twin Boys Found Dead, Inside Locked Fridge In Anambra State.[photos] / Shocking:mother Records Her 3-year-old Twin Boys Engaging In Homosexual Act / Ace Photographer, Jide Odukoya, Shares Adorable Photo With His Twin Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Twin Boys by arsenic33(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
First of all, I want to use this medium and opportunity to praise all females worldwide. Most especially the mothers. I have seen and witnessed that being a mother is never an easy task. I cherish and adore all mothers worldwide.
There is this particular song we often sing during our primary education days:
'There is no one like mama to me'
'No matter as poor she may be'
'I am travelling round the world, looking for mama'
'there is no one like mama to me'

Though the story is very long to tell here, but I will summarize it as much as I can.

The Good News
It was all good news when my fiancee told me she feels pregnant 3rd week of January, 2022. Without delaying, we hurriedly visited a hospital for confirmation. The result of the pregnancy test came positive. She was already three(3) weeks pregnant.
You can imagine the smiles on our faces. It's her first pregnancy and it's my first child on the way.
Though we'd not planned for the pregnancy, but we thank God it came and we have to keep it.

As expected, we immediately registered for antenatal. All the appropriate drugs and medication were given her. We went back home very happy.

Feeding?
We never for once skipped the feeding regime and other stuff recommended by our Obstetrician. We followed precept by precept all he told us to do.
I always buy 2 whole sharwa fish (it's the only source of animal protein that she accepted including egg and other fish), leafy vegetables, fruits (96% watermelon, 3% orange, others 1%).
5am she'll wake me up for food during the First Trimester. I cooked fresh food everyday.
I had to sell my cassava which was reserved to pay my rent in July to make sure my woman and the babies did not lack a single nutrient and a proper antenatal care.
I prepared whatever she wants to eat except junks.

Her Weird food Combination

Ogbono/Okra soup with bread. A times with rice. E shock me o

Cooking?
I do 95% of the cooking.
I have all the time to cook. The company I was working was owing us since November, 2021, same company was liquidated late January, 2022 and we were ask to stay at home by March by the liquidators due to financial constraint.
As you can see, I have all the time to cook.
She eats well prepared balanced diet everyday. I only allow her eat junks (Ice cream, sweet, biscuits) twice in a month.

A viable gestation
Fast forward to our next appointment, already Seven (7) weeks old pregnancy. Routine Ultrasound Scan was carried out. A viable result says the UT scan.

News of Twin Gestation
Something happened on the next routine UT scan. It's already eleven (11) weeks old pregnancy. It's a twin gestation says the diagnostic medical sonographer. It was double joy and blessing. We were more happy. We went home joyful.
We had planned to give birth to only 3 children. This one and one more in 6 years time. She's in her mid 20s and I'm in my mid 30s.

News of Twin Boys
Another banger was the 18th week of pregnancy when we went for Anatomy Fetal scan. This scan was able to tell us the sex of the foetus if we so desire to know. After the scan we were told that everything (Fetal Anatomy) is perfect. But for the sex, he said, both are males. My fiancee was very happy, though I was happy but I still prefer female child anyday, anytime as my first child.
So, my fiancee is carrying twin boys. We did not for once derailed from the laid down 'do and don't' by our Obstetrician.

News of Threatened Abortion
Another thing happened in the 22nd week of pregnancy. On and off cramps around the abdomen. We visited our Obstetrician. We later had to go for UT scan. After the scan, we returned to see our Obstetrician. To our surprised, he told us it's 'Threatened Abortion'. He gave us medication. The cramps stopped midway into the mediation and until after the medications.

Vaginal Bleeding
It was sorry, tears and blood on the 26th week of pregnancy. Around 1am my fiancee noticed bleeding. Up to 20ml of blood. Though the bleeding stopped immediately. First thing 7am, same day, we visited our Obstetrician to complain. After series of UT scan, blood and urine tests, we were given medications.
Next day almost same time when the previous bleeding started, the bleeding started again. This time it'd not stop. I hurriedly rushed out to my neighbour in the next flat. We immediately took my fiancee to the hospital. The bleeding later stopped in the hospital. Our Obstetrician, later in the day refered us to a Teaching Hospital.

At the Teaching Hospital
At the Teaching Hospital, after series of tests and UT scan, no fault was detected. My fiancee bled several times there. The bleeding was on and off. Babies were kicking normal, Packed Cell Volume (PCV) was normal, the cervix was closed and no pains of any kind, just bleeding. Then what was wrong? Medications and treatment did not totally stopped the bleeding. Six (6) days in the hospital no improvement. Now the pregnancy was 27 weeks old.

I went to get some supplies for my fiancee, I entered the Labour Ward where she had been all these while, but she was not there. I was told she had been taken to the Gynaecology Theater for emergency C-section. Our 27 weeks old twin boys were brought out, bathed (they were crying), clothed and transferred to incubators.
We, the hospital management and staff tried our best to make everything successful.
It was unfortunate that our twin boys died the next day but we were fortunate that my fiancee is fine.
Dear readers, during my time in the hospital, I saw women go through pains and agony to bring new souls into this world. My experience in the hospital elevated my respect, adoration and love for mothers.

I was drained emotionally and financially. I spent a a little above #500,000. Her dad was very supportive. My buddies too. I only burrowed about 150k.
I'd not hesitate to reach out to my landlord to give more time to pay my rent. God bless my landlord. He knows I've never defaulted. He understands the situation.
The company I worked are still owing as the expatriates (Indians) have all left the country.

God bless all mothers worldwide.
I cherish you all

Thank you all for reading.
God bless you all.
I wish you all good health.

Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by decatalyst(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
Sorry about your loss and the pain your wife had to endure.

Help will locate you and all will be well.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by Dollarsea: 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
So sad man, sorry for your loss.
Bigger and better days ahead. Double portion for your loss.

Respect to all the women out there.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by arsenic33(m): 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
Dollarsea:
So sad man, sorry for your loss.
Bigger and better days ahead. Double portion for your loss.

Respect to all the women out there.
Amen
Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by arsenic33(m): 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
decatalyst:
Sorry about your loss and the pain your wife had to endure.

Help will locate you and all will be well.
Amen. Thank you
Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hmmm scary, more reason why I can't marry, I no get strength or patience for all these kind kitikiti-katakata, make I dey use eye see thick blood from püssy chaii I go vomit

Surrogacy straightforward abeg
Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by arsenic33(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
Antimarraige:
Hmmm scary, more reason why I can't marry, I no get strength or patience for all these kind kitikiti-katakata, make I dey use eye see thick blood from püssy chaii I go vomit

Surrogacy straightforward abeg
Bro, I talk more than this. I can't even withstand spitting especially from pregnant women.
But I'm the one that often bring bucket for her to keep beside the bed so she won't have to always walk to spit.
If you love anybody, you would withstand so many things from them.
I enjoyed everything I did if not that the end was sad
Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2022
arsenic33:

Bro, I talk more than this. I can't even withstand spitting especially from pregnant women.
But I'm the one that often bring bucket for her to keep beside the bed so she won't have to always walk to spit.
If you love anybody, you would withstand so many things from them.
I enjoyed everything I did if not that the end was sad
some of us have given up on love tho..

sorry for the loss God go do another one

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Twin Boys by arsenic33(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
Antimarraige:
some of us have given up on love tho..

sorry for the loss God go do another one
Thank you Boss

(1) (Reply)

Isolating From Your Current Partner? – Consult Separation Lawyers In Melbourne / Mercy Johnson And Hubby Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary In Style / Lady Reveals What She Enjoyed In Her Previous Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.