Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

It Was A Bitter Pill But I Swallowed It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It Was A Bitter Pill But I Swallowed It (131 Views)

I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared / What Do I Do. Someone Claimed He Sent Me Money But I Havent Seen It For 24 Hours / How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Was A Bitter Pill But I Swallowed It by Nedpatsy(f): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
I grew up in the village with my parents.

My mum was a trader, she goes to the north to get some goods to sell in our local markets.

One time she travelled and came back with bags of groundnut and other grains to sell wholesale.

It was during the long holidays, so I decided to take one bag of groundnut and retail it.

That would allow me to save some money and brag to my fellow students when school resumes.

I have planned on how I am going to be a big girl and make enough do you know who I am kind of a thing?

I had wanted to join the pepper-them, gang group.

I also envisaged how the next school section will be in my head and I can't wait for school to resume.

Did it ever happen? No.

So back to the bag of groundnut that I will sell to raise money.

Because my mum owns the peanut business, I told her it was going to be a sale on credit, when I sell I will pay her.

I started my business, it was then I realised how much I hated selling, coupled with the fact that I am a very shy person.

It didn't end well at last because I couldn't sell up to the capital not to talk of profit.

Since then I have hated selling, I try to run far away from anything that has to do with sales or marketing because to me it sounded sweet but tasted like bitter kola.

But how can I make money if I continue to run from it?

So I decided to face my fears and that is when I found out about copywriting.

Like some people, I had thought it was about the right to ownership of a property like copyright but when I dived more into it, I was shocked to know that;

1. Copywriting is about selling

2. Copywriting is the act of writing words that convert better.

3. Copywriting is salesmanship in print, not a trade mark. Copywriting is using written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship with a customer.

4. I also found out it is a high-income skill, that you can learn to make loads and tons of money.

5. Every business whether online or offline needs a copywriter in their beautiful life.

The number four opened my ear antenna because who wouldn't like to make money? Nobody.

So because of that, I decided to swallow the bitter pills and I must say, it is no longer bitter but now as sweet as honey.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Interested In Shipping From China To Nigeria At Fordable Rates?? / Do You Want An Income Stream That Can Run 24/7? / What Is Company Culture In 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.