Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" (20576 Views)

Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot / Charles Grassley Vs EFCC On Abacha's $300m Loot / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Racoon(m): 12:36am On Sep 17, 2022
Previous Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7335132/shettima-nigeria-needs-abachas-hospitality#116704669

Kashim Shettima, vice-presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says he was misquoted on a recent comment he made which cited a reference to the late Sani Abacha.

Speaking on Thursday at the 96th anniversary celebration of the Yoruba Tennis Club in Ikoyi, Lagos state, NAN had quoted him as saying Nigeria needs the “hospitality” of Abacha, former military ruler. However, Shettima had said the country needs a president with “a dose of ruthlessness and taciturnity” of Abacha.

The APC vice-presidential candidate had also listed some qualities of leaders such as Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdusalami Abubakar, Ibrahim Babangida, and President Muhammadu Buhari, and said Bola Tinubu, APC presidential candidate, has such qualities.

We need a leader with the patience and sense of responsibility and commitment, and somebody who understands the national psyche and mood of the nation of an Abdulsalami Abubakar, and in applicable circumstance, we need a leader with a dose of ruthlessness and taciturnity of general Sani Abacha,” he had said.

“Nice men do not make leaders. We need a leader with intellectual acumen, with the passion to catapult this nation to a higher pedestal. We need a leader who is not bound by regional or religious sentiment.

“We need a leader that has established such records of excellence and commitment to good governance. There is no one, with all due respect, that fits this better than Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.”

Clarifying the comparison of Abacha to Tinubu in a series of tweets on Friday, the former governor of Borno said he did not attribute hospitality to Abacha, adding that he meant Nigeria needs a president who is ruthless like the late military ruler, to address insecurity.

“The obsession with distorting one’s views to settle partisan scores brings to mind a certain WBC Commentary. ‘The trouble with deliberate bias,’ it says, ‘is that it cannot be erased by sound education’. The video of my speech in Lagos is out there for those sincerely curious,” he tweeted.

“I never attributed hospitality to Abacha in my speech. I did a rundown of our past Presidents and played up ‘the taciturnity and a dose of ruthlessness of a Sani Abacha’ to show we need strongmen to deal with the non state actors who’ve turned Nigeria into a vast killing-field.

“I was quick to tease the audience, appreciating the humour hovering around the hall, with the familiar jibe that nice men don’t make good leaders. By nice men I meant those who get easily manipulated and pressured to divert state resources to appeal to private expectations.”
https://www.thecable.ng/shettima-i-was-misquoted-on-abachas-hospitality-nigeria-needs-his-ruthlessness/amp

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Racoon(m): 12:38am On Sep 17, 2022
Clarifying the comparison of Abacha to Tinubu in a series of tweets on Friday, the former governor of Borno said... he meant Nigeria needs a president who is ruthless like the late military ruler, to address insecurity.
Forget it. No sane person should be fooled by this fella with this stupid damage control. Was Kashim Shettima "ruthless" against insecurity when he deliberately endangered the lives of the poor Chibok girls by ignoring a FG high security Intel to moved the students to safer areas thereby allowing BH to kidnap them?

What "ruthlessness" was this BH kingpin demonstrating when he openly elevated the Borno state commissioner of education under his reign shortly after the infamous Chibok school girls kidnap instead of demoting or sacking her from the state civil service and handing over for criminal prosecution for abandoning her students to such cruel fate while her own daughters were ferried to safety?

Meanwhile, the said conspiring school principal thoroughly ensured that her two daughters were not within the vicinity of GSS Chibok when BH terrorists came calling.

How was Kashim Shettima still "ruthless" with the BH inflicted insecurity when one of the sect most wanted terrorists-Kabiru Sokoto the mastermind of the Christmas eve bombing in Madalla-Niger State was arrested in Borno State Liason Office in Abuja. This man is a confirm terrorist.

296 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Totilopussylick(m): 12:39am On Sep 17, 2022
Even as it is as clear as glass that APC are responsible for turning Nigeria into a vast killing-field

They still want to continue

God forbids BATting tongue.

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by xpressionx(m): 12:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Buhari once said that Abacha did not steal money.
So shettima and Buhari are almost same.
We are not copying Abacha in anything

158 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Racoon(m): 12:48am On Sep 17, 2022
"The former governor of Borno said Nigeria needs a president who is ruthless like the late military ruler, to address insecurity and Bola Tinubu, APC presidential candidate has such qualities....."

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by DWickedLandLord: 12:56am On Sep 17, 2022
Maybe his boy boy gave the interview
It's understandable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by festacman(m): 12:57am On Sep 17, 2022
What was the essence of mentioning Abacha? Isn't this loading a gun, aiming at one's leg and pulling the trigger?

154 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by slivertongue: 1:01am On Sep 17, 2022
Racoon:
Forget it. No sane person should be fooled by this fella with this stupid damage control. Was Kashim Shettima "ruthless" against insecurity when he deliberately endangered the lives of the poor Chibok girls by ignoring a FG high security Intel to moved the students to safeer areas thereby allowing BH to kidnap them?

What "ruthlessness" was this BH kingpin demonstrating when he openly elevated the Borno state commissioner of education under his reign shortly after the infamous Chibok school girls kidnap instead of demoting or sacking her from the state civil service and handing over for criminal prosecution for abandoning her students to such cruel fate while her daughters were forried to safety?

Meanwhile, the said conspiring school principal thoroughly ensured that her two daughters were not within the vicinity of GSS Chibok when BH terrorists came calling.

How was Kashim Shettima still "ruthless" with the BH inflicted insecurity when one of the sect most wanted terrorists-Kabiru Sokoto the mastermind of the Christmas eve bombing in Madalla-Niger State was arrested in Borno State Liason Office in Abuja. This man is a confirm terrorist.

Shettima speaks from both sides of his mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYLHAUebtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY0ancOFz-w

This is so real to be fake,A leaked conversation between Ibikunle Amosun and Shettima

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by GamalNasser: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2022
This shettima is one good reason not to vote Jagaban

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Oshodipikin: 4:17am On Sep 17, 2022
Naija see the werepe clothes wey una won wear.....

5 Likes

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by BurialGround: 4:20am On Sep 17, 2022
Tell me why I should vote for APC.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by orisa37: 5:12am On Sep 17, 2022
YOU ARE STILL TALKING NONSENSE.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by xpressionx(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by ecolime(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
GamalNasser:
This shettima is one good reason not to vote Jagaban
That's just one reason out of several.

Buhari to Tinubu is simply moving from frying pan to fire.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by englishmart(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
You were misquoted, as per Wole Soyinka or what? You and Tinubu as a disaster that must not happen.
What you said was clear and visible to the blind.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by whytediamond(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
Any Nigerian that would vote this disaster called APC in 2023. Hmmm. Anyways, Dem no dey tell person sha.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Cti28(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
In other words Shettima acknowledges Buhari a former General a weakling. grin grin grin

Let's assume it's a "slip of tongue", but hospitality and ruthless, doesn't sound nearly the same.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by BABANGBALI: 5:32am On Sep 17, 2022
Mumu man, he is always giving excuses

some girls no sabi manage business, hookup wey u start last week u don get belle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Sabadon(m): 5:34am On Sep 17, 2022
Misquoted kee you dia, you mean every word you said. undecided

Misquoted ko mosquitoed ni

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by IsSlyFoxxMad: 5:35am On Sep 17, 2022
“Aabacha’s hospitality” grin that shit scared me.

330 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by ObaloluwaTel(m): 5:37am On Sep 17, 2022
Those he mentioned wasted the resources of this nation they are not good examples.
Shettima is a bandits and terrorists apologist.

211 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by AdamuKD: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2022
grin
Party of criminals and liers

196 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by BluntCrazeMan: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2022
Oga Mista-man,,,
Sharraapp There.!!
WHY MUST YOU MENTION ABACHA’S NAME THERE.??
OR DON'T YOU KNOW THAT ABACHA’S NAME IS SYNONYMOUS TO MASSIVE LOOTING??

And now, you just added RUTHLESSNESS to his “massive looting” qualities??

THAT MEANS,, TINUBU IS GOING TO BE A RUTHLESS PRESIDENT??
TINUBU IS GOING TO SHOW NIGERIANS PEPPER.??

“Ruthless” Keeee You There.!!!
As if mentioning Buhari’s name was not already BAD enough,, he went and added Abacha.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by okechuks22: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2022
God have purnish him the shitima

15 Likes

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Mindlog: 5:40am On Sep 17, 2022
To even mention Abacha, means even in death he is a role model to Shettima.

222 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Wintertime: 5:42am On Sep 17, 2022
Thanks for the truth

No need to lie about it again

18 Likes

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 17, 2022
Alright
Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by eaglechild: 5:44am On Sep 17, 2022
He should never have been mentioned.
Imagine referencing Hitler in a German election campaign

239 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by IMASTEX: 5:44am On Sep 17, 2022
It is what it is. Same way one person promised top to bottom.

22 Likes

Re: Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" by Emyogalanya: 5:45am On Sep 17, 2022
The damage control is more damaging than the damage. Just like when the solution to a problem has more problems than the problem it seeks to solve or creates more problems

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ve Moved On From Supreme Court Judgment – LP / This Prophecy Is About To Happen. Nigeria Take Heed. / Fayose’s Aide, Others Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.