Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies (58910 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Audio Of Him Planning To Rig 2023 election / Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ademola Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Panda7(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
etokhana:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Rc2mnVnqoFQrtLYBeTFZ1f3GhdvWoNpdXF4yLxRXVgBZ8N9rHVWKGkSzuBzuYb66l&id=100044152610571

https://twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1549854034617679874?t=X1xs57hjiQfiOzmfOY9FYQ&s=19
with all the big grammar and the money laundering that would follow therein i think electricity grid should be built and control regionally for efficiency and accountability
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by mymadam(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
onatisi:
because it seems peter obi is presently enjoying more popular support than sowore ,

Yes, you have a point smiley
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by IbileIfe: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
onatisi:
sowore should team up with peter obi . he will be useful to obi campaign team
Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the importation of generators which they have made millions of dollars.
It is unfortunate that Peter Obi has smartly deceived the ignoramuses calling themselves "Obidients".
Sowore would be a fool to support Obi.

PS: In 2016 I paid a ransom for the release of a young secondary school girl kidnapped in Benin into a Fidelity Bank account used by an international Mafia of human trafficking cartel operating from Nigeria to the Republic of Niger and Libya. I reported to the bank, but Fidelity Bank did not freeze the account and one of the human trafficking gangsters returned to Nigeria to celebrate Christmas with a big party.
Peter Obi is complicit in the money laundering Fidelity Bank is used for.
Money laundering has done collateral damage to the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Peacecore: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
Atiku is a snake
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by assholemods: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
searchlight:
Whybare you and your likes exonerating Osinbajo in the east government known to mankind?
This how you jump into conclusions and make senseless comments. How do you know that I exonerated or back Osinbajo?
You comment doesn't even make any sense!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Cantonese: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Peter Obi can solve it.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Cantonese: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
IbileIfe:

Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the importation of generators which they have made millions of dollars.
It is unfortunate that Peter Obi has smartly deceived the ignoramuses calling themselves "Obidients".
Sowore would be a fool to support Obi.

PS: In 2016 I paid a ransom for the release of a young secondary school girl kidnapped in Benin into a Fidelity Bank account used by an international Mafia of human trafficking cartel operating from Nigeria to the Republic of Niger and Libya. I reported to the bank, but Fidelity Bank did not freeze the account and one of the human trafficking gangsters returned to Nigeria to celebrate Christmas with a big party.
Money laundering has done collateral damage to the Nigerian economy.

See you think Peter Obi is the owner of Fidelity bank?

Please stop disgracing yourself publicly in this manner.

“ In 2016 I paid a ransom for the release of a young secondary school girl kidnapped in Benin into a Fidelity Bank account used by an international Mafia of human trafficking cartel operating from Nigeria to the Republic of Niger and Libya. I reported to the bank, but Fidelity Bank did not freeze the account and one of the human trafficking gangsters returned to Nigeria to celebrate Christmas with a big party.

Please when did the bank take over the job of the security agencies. I was expecting to read that you reported the matter to the police, but you failed to do so. You ignorantly believe that you can just walk into any bank and ask them to freeze an account, just like that!

“Peter Obi is complicit”. And you failed to arrest him in your assumed position as a private investigator.

When did a bank become the beneficiary of such imports. Anyway, banks are there to facilitate financial transactions. You do not expect banks to say “thank you very much, see you next time” for free. If the bank made money from such a transaction, who do you blame. Why would you leave your country’s irresponsible leadership, who failed woefully to manage the power sector and face a private organization?

I put it to you that you have been bamboozled and bewitched completely by your party. You sheepishly follow the party, suffering, blaming others, crying and hoping for a better tomorrow. With such leadership, how can that tomorrow be better?

Wake up from you deep slumber and join the moving train that should lead Nigerians that should make Nigeria better.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Schprobs: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
Odin13:
Swore is an attention seeking ... you be the blame Buhari for incompetence and wan exonerate Osibanjo as Vice

Yet this fool is blaming Atiku for actions Obasanjo took..

Nigerians are aware of how Obasanjo looted that funds to settle .. ... even before the. He already had issues with Atiku .. and was running a one man show

This Yoruba fool should wake .. and stop misinformation and propaganda

Power to the people
North 2023

Power have remain in north over the years but rather than enjoy good government it's death pains hungry poverty, power have offer north.
Don't u see your elite never wish u well
Vote for Peter obi and be safe from your evil leaders
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by COMPAQ(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
quentin06:

Telecoms prices are being regulated they dont increase tariffs arbitrarily like power sector.

Telecoms dont receive grants from the FG and CBN like power sectors do.

Telecoms invest in infrastructure, they build masts, power them to run and secure them.

Mention one significant assets built by Power sector, they have increased tariffs with no significant improvement in supply, they sre still being subsidized by the government till today. They dont provide tansformers , wont fix broken poles . All they know is to collect for services they dont render.

Only an idiot will call the complaints of the failings of the power sector beer parlor gist.

The body set up to regulate the power sector is useless (offcourse the collect 1% of the gross revenues discos collect)

They donot obey govt directives to ensure that at least 50 percent consumers in their respective zones are metered.

For Telecoms you can see what you re paying for, but for the discos its a racket.

Face it the Power sector has failed woefully partly because the people who run it are incompetent and only interested in stealing from customers.

You are only making this irresponsible statement because you benefit from the corruption that fuels the Discos.

Telecoms prices are pseudo regulated yes, but the point is that it is cost reflective.

The fact that they don't receive grants is evidence that the telecoms sector tarrif are cost reflective. In case you don't know, grants are basically a subsidy.

Most of the infrastructure was built between 20 to 10years ago. Yes they may still upgrade from time to time, but the build out is basically complete. Therefore marginal cost is very low, and which means average cost will continue to drop as scale increases. This is why tarrif is same despite devaluation cos average cost also falls. In power on the other hand, as at privatisation, there was an existing massive infrastructure deficit. Profits and cash flow need to be in place before further investment can be made. Power sector investments need to be made with power purchase agreements in place. You don't just build plants without specific customer in place. But the imbalance in the sector, poor regulation etc prevent that from happening.

Anybody who reads my analysis and yours and has anything resembling a brain will not agree that I'm stupid, rather quite informed, intelligent and analytical.

There is no racket. DISCO cannot supply when national grid keeps breaking down, gencos don't supply, gas lines are down, customers don't pay etc. Where will the cash come from? There is no free lunch anywhere.

Having said all this, that is not to say Discos May not have their own issues, but it's not just their fault and in my opinion not mainly their fault. I would blame discos like 30%.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Zelenskyy(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Or deh
All your rants, frustration and, formulations will not still make Obi win tongue tongue tongue

Shut up

See this kolo mentalus..

Atiku is my candidate

Continue to Cry.... Tinubu your drug baron master is looking for your tears to drink

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by BabaO2: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
onatisi:
or obi should team up with sowore rather. Sowore is more nationalist, truthful, clearer and better knowledge of real world politics unlike container knowledge economics
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Zelenskyy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
onuman:

Atiku also packaged APC in 2015 which enabled Buhari emerge president of Nigeria.

In 2015, Nigeria's generation was 4000MW. Today, it's 40MW. Atiku and Tinubu packaged FAILURE for Nigeria.

Dey there dey deceive yourself

Atiku started speaking out against this current Government in less than 3 years into the administration when it became obvious that Buhari had a empty brain.

He had to campaign for the APC flag bearer in 2015 based on the agreement that was reached...... (That every contestant must support the winner of the APC Primary)

He campaigned for the APC flag bearer based on party principles and to give the candidate the benefit of doubt.

But when it was obvious that Buhari is a Dullard, Atiku started crying out against the government and left the Party

On the other hand, Tinubu has been quite about the Woes and hardship that has befallen this nation.

He will still lie to you that the economy is doing well.

With the Crass Misgovernance of the current administration, Tinubu would still open his rotten teeth and tell you that all is well

But Nigerians are not stupid. ALL IS NOT WELL

Fulani herdsmen Invaded the South West and killed his people, Tinubu could not even say a word against them because he was afraid not to offend his Fulani masters.

President Obasanjo wrote an open letter to criticize this useless APC Government and tinubu's response was that Obasanjo should have used a more discreet channel to air his views..

Tinubu thinks everyone is an Ass licker like himself.....

No ... Not everyone... ... Nigerians in 2023 will give him the rewards he deserves for licking the Ass of a Dullard like Buhari.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
COMPAQ:

Telecoms prices are pseudo regulated yes, but the point is that it is cost reflective.

The fact that they don't receive grants is evidence that the telecoms sector tarrif are cost reflective. In case you don't know, grants are basically a subsidy.

Most of the infrastructure was built between 20 to 10years ago. Yes they may still upgrade from time to time, but the build out is basically complete. Therefore marginal cost is very low, and which means average cost will continue to drop as scale increases. This is why tarrif is same despite devaluation cos average cost also falls. In power on the other hand, as at privatisation, there was an existing massive infrastructure deficit. Profits and cash flow need to be in place before further investment can be made. Power sector investments need to be made with power purchase agreements in place. You don't just build plants without specific customer in place. But the imbalance in the sector, poor regulation etc prevent that from happening.

Anybody who reads my analysis and yours and has anything resembling a brain will not agree that I'm stupid, rather quite informed, intelligent and analytical.

There is no racket. DISCO cannot supply when national grid keeps breaking down, gencos don't supply, gas lines are down, customers don't pay etc. Where will the cash come from? There is no free lunch anywhere.

Having said all this, that is not to say Discos May not have their own issues, but it's not just their fault and in my opinion not mainly their fault. I would blame discos like 30%.

No need talking to you, you re speaking from the point of ignorance, arguing blindly.

Have you ever paid electricity bill before? Your response tells me you havent.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Patriotic9ja(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Atiku = Tinubu = Buhari. Na the same the same

Meanwhile 2019, Atiku wasn't equal to Buhari.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Cantonese: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
COMPAQ:

We have always had the problem with the power sector. Many years ago before OBJ’s democratic administration telecoms was a big issue. Corruption was a major factor in both sectors. Telecoms was dealt with, but unfortunately the problem with the power sector has remained.

Maybe you all need to either know or be reminded that our power sector was and has remained a veritable vehicle for huge public embezzlement. Budgeted funds are siphoned speedily using all forms of excuses and manouvres. Fashola once said it was not rocket science. This much was admitted during the military era. The truth remains that it is not rocket science. The truth also is that there is a serious form of endless racketeering prevailing.

What we experience presently is big grammar, packaged to bamboozle the unknowledgeable.

We are major producers of gas, which is a major requirement in generating electricity. Every time what we hear from the Gencos is “no gas”. When would that ever be permanently resolved? What about the Discos and their distribution business. We are regularly told that transformers are not enough, meters are not enough, etc. When would they ever be permanently resolved? Now what about the humongous amounts in interventions given by government?

Until these things are honestly dealt with, this country will continue to remain in darkness.

Our only solution is ensuring that leaders with the political will get elected. We need professionals in politics and not professional politicians. Once we have these political matters fix, the nation will get better.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by onatisi(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
well that is ok , so that means he is not contesting the presidency this time around .
lomprico:

He is already in Tinubus camp
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by lomprico(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
onatisi:
well that is ok , so that means he is not contesting the presidency this time around .

He is but working undercover for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by b5ive(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
onatisi:
This makes lotta sense.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by COMPAQ(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
quentin06:

No need talking to you, you re speaking from the point of ignorance, arguing blindly.

Have you ever paid electricity bill before? Your response tells me you havent.

What does my analysis have to do with whether I have paid electricity bill before? All you children on Nairaland!! Again, shows the shallowness of the current generation. Can't hold an analytical, intelligent conversation based on logic, fact and understanding for 2 minutes before resorting to juvenile tendencies!!!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2022
COMPAQ:

What does my analysis have to do with whether I have paid electricity bill before? All you children on Nairaland!! Again, shows the shallowness of the current generation. Can't hold an analytical, intelligent conversation based on logic, fact and understanding for 2 minutes before resorting to juvenile tendencies!!!

You have not paid for electricity before , you just sit on your couch and type rubbish, typical loafer.

Go and change your diapers.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies by grandstar(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

As far as I'm concerned all this talk of being sold to cronies and incompetent people is mostly beer parlour gist. Any proper student of economics and business will know that there is a lot of difference between the telecoms sector and power sector.

Telecoms companies were given free hand to set their prices, electricity companies were not.

Telecom tarrifs have always been cost reflective, electricity tarrif have not been.

By the nature of telecoms (a virtual product), you cannot steal it or avoid paying for it. Electricity is often consumed without paying or outright stolen.

The marginal cost of providing telecoms service to extra 10,000 people once the infrastructure was rolled out is pretty much zero. To supply electricity to new 10,000 people will always require new infrastructure (poles, wires, transformers, more generation etc). Hence why the tariffs needs to be cost reflective.

Telecoms are not burdened by any middle man. Mtn sells directly to customers. Electricity is burdened by Too many players. GENCO, DISCO, TCN, NBET, GAS COMPANIES, etc and can only be as strong as its weakest link.

Besides NNPC has not been sold, so what are you talking about? Hence my beer parlour gist!! Too many people are uninformed in Nigeria about how things really work, yet we all feel we are well educated. Hence why so many people cannot be employed by multinational companies.

This is very informative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh' / Meet Waliyah Abiola, Daughter Of Late MKO Abiola, Who Is A Music Artiste / EFCC Fixes Date For Jonathan's Arrest – Reportsafrique.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.