Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. (9384 Views)

QE3, The Time Bomb That Will Cause Massive Inflation And Make Nigeria Rich!!! / How We Can Make Nigeria A Great Nation In 2years: Contribute Positively / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by odumchi: 3:05am On Jul 30, 2011
Hello once again. I'd like to discuss a few things that I feel need to be mentioned. In what ways can you, an ordinary Nigerian, help make Nigeria a better place for those living in it today, and those yet to be born? To many, there may be no answer, and the common excuse "our bad leaders wont let us" may be tossed around. Each of us dignititaries, politicians, and even commoners face many golden opportunities daily. We okada men/women, water peddlers, bus drivers, shop-keepers, students, teachers, farmers, merchants, and street peddlers each have our equal share of responsibility to Nigeria-even though some of us do not believe in it. Here are a feww ays in which you can help change Nigeria.

1. Avoid Bribe - Bribery is something that 90% of Nigerians are guilty of. Bribe is a common phenomenon in daily life in Nigeria and there are many ways in which we all can easily avoid it, and remmeber a problem stopped at the root is a problem solved. I personal;y encourage all of you taxi drivers, bus drivers, motorists and etc to refuse the police men of "roger" or "the usual" whatever the cost. As long as we continue to funnel chicken change into the deep pockets of our "Elephant warriors" we will continue to be harrashed and troubled.

2. Invest at Home - This is especially important to those of us in diaspora. An alarming number of Nigerians tend to forget their country once they are based or established elsewhere (especially the United States and the UK). Tens of Millions  of dollars have been pumped into the economies of the US and the UK by Nigerians alone. Money that is desperately needed in developing the motherland and Africa's largest country. Investing in Nigeria does not have to be founding a company or buying stocks, simply buying a parcel of land in your home state, or even spending some time in Nigeria is enough of an investment, and I encourage all of us to do so.

3. Speak Out - Nigerians are notorious for not speaking out when necessary and this often claims lives. At mob attacks, burgleries, public acts of violence, we all are expected to speak out and say something rather than forming large crowds of spectators, which sadly, has become the norm. You do not have to stop the fight or fight yourself. Simply calling the police or reporting the issue is enough.

With this in mind, I'd like to, once again recieve your feedback. Remember there is no excuse for not doing anything. Also remember I'd like to recieve sensible and insult-free rpelies only. Thanks again.  cool

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by Kobojunkie: 3:20am On Jul 30, 2011
odumchi:

2. Invest at Home - This is especially important to those of us in diaspora.[size=14pt] An alarming number of Nigerians tend to forget their country once they are based or established elsewhere (especially the United States and the UK). [/size]Tens of Millions  of dollars have been pumped into the economies of the US and the UK by Nigerians alone. Money that is desperately needed in developing the motherland and Africa's largest country. Investing in Nigeria does not have to be founding a company or buying stocks, simply buying a parcel of land in your home state, or even spending some time in Nigeria is enough of an investment, and I encourage all of us to do so.

What is the claim above BASED ON?? FACT or more of your MANUFACTURED HOGWASH?  grin grin grin grin grin You ruin whatever you have to say when you start off by INJECTING lies from the beginning!
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by odumchi: 3:48am On Jul 30, 2011
^^^
Its my point isnt it? 1 Nigerian forgetting about home is bad enough now imagine the thousands of others. But thats not the point, I'd like to see you contribute some useful feedback to this thread. wink
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Jul 30, 2011
odumchi:

^^^
Its my point isnt it? 1 Nigerian forgetting about home is bad enough now imagine the thousands of others. But thats not the point, I'd like to see you contribute some useful feedback to this thread.  wink

There is no such thing as a point when the underlying information presented is nothing but a LIE. You do not have to imagine anything --- CONSULT FACTS before you post as again, it makes you continue to seem unintelligent and dishonest as an individual.

How can you come on here to TELL A LIE and then tell us it is your point? In what world does that even make sense? This is useful feedback by the way, LEARN TO DEAL HONESTLY if you really want to change Nigeria. People are being lied to left and right but here you are, yet again, lying to us and telling us it is for the good of Nigeria?? undecided undecided undecided undecided -- Stop telling LIES!! You will do more good for Nigeria that way.
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by odumchi: 3:59am On Jul 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There is no such thing as a point when the underlying information presented is nothing but a LIE. You do not have to imagine anything --- CONSULT FACTS before you post as again, it makes you continue to seem unintelligent and dishonest as an individual.

How can you come on here to TELL A LIE and then tell us it is your point? In what world does that even make sense? This is useful feedback by the way, LEARN TO DEAL HONESTLY if you really want to change Nigeria. People are being lied to left and right but here you are, yet again, lying to us and telling us it is for the good of Nigeria?? undecided undecided undecided undecided -- Stop telling LIES!! You will do more good for Nigeria that way.

How am I telling lies and when did I start to do so? What's there to lie about? Are you saying that theres no single Nigerian abroad that hasnt returned to Nigeria in atleast 10 years? Listen, I wouldnt like to let you spoil my good mood. If your looking for a thread to derail or a fight, go look for it somewhere else or hop off.
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by Kobojunkie: 4:04am On Jul 30, 2011
odumchi:

2. Invest at Home - This is especially important to those of us in diaspora.[size=14pt] An alarming number of Nigerians tend to forget their country once they are based or established elsewhere (especially the United States and the UK). [/size]Tens of Millions  of dollars have been pumped into the economies of the US and the UK by Nigerians alone. Money that is desperately needed in developing the motherland and Africa's largest country. Investing in Nigeria does not have to be founding a company or buying stocks, simply buying a parcel of land in your home state, or even spending some time in Nigeria is enough of an investment, and I encourage all of us to do so.

What is the claim above BASED ON?? FACT or more of your MANUFACTURED HOGWASH?  grin grin grin grin grin  You ruin whatever you have to say when you start off by INJECTING lies from the beginning!
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by seanet02: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2011
We all know Nigeria can never be better until it is divided
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by henry101(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2011
seanet02:

Nigeria can never divide.
Any group that tries secede will see shege. Bombs and missiles this time. tongue
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by odumchi: 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2011
seanet02:

So you'll stick with the status quo and blame everyone else?
Re: 3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. by Barmzee(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2017

(1) (Reply)

MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad / Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.