Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Court Restrains Akano Imsu Alumni Convention - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Restrains Akano Imsu Alumni Convention (236 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Court Affirms Barr Okey Ozumba As Imsu Alumni President / Heavy Gunshots As NANS Convention In Abuja Turns Bloody, Many Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Restrains Akano Imsu Alumni Convention by ujoatu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
AKANO & CO RESTRAINED FROM HOLDING CONVENTION...
*RE: UPDATE ON SUIT NO:HOW/931/2021- REGISTERED TRUSTEES OF IMO STATE UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION & 2 ORS v. PRINCE FERDINAND AKANO & ANAYO UHIARA.*

Esteemed IMSU Alumni Members,

We are pleased to formally notify all Members of the Incorporated Trustees of Imo State University Alumni Association (IMSUAA) that the High Court of Imo State today 22nd July 2022 issued an Interlocutory injunction restraining the named Defendants (Akano and Uhiara) and their agents/previes from holding any convention in Lagos or any other place in the name of Imo State University Alumni Association pending the hearing and determination of the suit filed by the IMSUAA BoT and Barr Okey Led NEC seeking a declaratiom that Defendants' two year tenure as IMSUAA President and Secretary respectively ended on 27th December 2020 along with an order invalidating all actions taken by them in the name of IMSUAA after that date.

The court thereafter refused to countenance the attempt by counsel to the Defendants to attack the BoT approved August 2022 Convention of IMSUAA in Lagos, granted an accelerated hearing of the matter and adjourned further proceedings to 20th September, 5th and 6th October 2022 for definite pre-trial conference and hearing.

We will keep you apprised of further developments in the matter and urge all members of the Incorporated Trustees of IMSUAA to go about their lawful activities.

Certified True Copy of the court order will be circulated upon receipt.

FOR: IMSUAA BOT.

Kingsclovis Okereke Esq
(BOT Secretary)

Chinwe Mbakwem Esq
(BOT Chairman)
PIC: Barr. Okey Ozumba, President IMSUAA

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Depending On Parents And Use Your Knowledge To Become Rich / Computer Coding (programming With Python) / I'll Add Doctor (ph.d) To My Name Once This Project Kickstarts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.