Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse (42039 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Replies Peter Obi On Ukraine's Grains / Tinubu Replies Peter Obi: You’re Not My Doctor, I’m Fit To Run For Presidency / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by franchasofficia: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

What solution!

Visit to Egypt only exposed that he lacks insight and expertise about Nigeria’s electricity problems.

Peter Obi we not even enlightened enough to know Egypts power generation was not indigenous and was a pure Siemens handwork. Even if he had flew to Germany to meet with Siemens, the visit would still have been baseless.

Nigerias major problem is not generation but transmission. If Nigeria meets up Egypts power generation, Nigeria will still be in darkness.

But what does a 3rd class philosophy graduate know.
Stop talking thrash.

Nigeria's power problem is not only transmission. Assuming transmission is perfect, Nigeria currently is not generating enough power to power the whole of Lagos state, Rivers state, Kano State, and Abuja 247, so what gibberish are you saying?

You are struggling to generate ordinary 5,000MW electricity yet you ignorantly believe Nigeria's power issue lie just on transmission, no be mumu be that? All these half baked ItooKnow self undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by openmine(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
Nchenches:

Advice remains advice. The person advised can agree or refuse to implement the adivise received.

My dear Sowore, you are expected to know the foregoing naa.
The question for sowore should be in what capacity was Obi going to advise GEJ on?
Was Obi appointed the adviser on Electricity matters?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by annisy(f): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
This dude has forgotten his part of those that brought this failure called @MBuhari and @Apc on us

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by God1stson(m): 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Obi was the adviser to Jonathan when Discos and Gencos were sold to PDP cronies who know little or nothing about generation and distribution of electricity. Today, Obi, Atiku and the other PDP rogues that created the mess are the ones making the loudest noise about the problem they created.

It’s just unfortunate that Nigerians forget things too easily. Under Jonathan, power supply was extremely woeful. Buhari hasn’t performed to expectations to doubt but he has invested a lot in power generation and transmission. PDP members like Obi and Atiku that participated actively in spending $16billion to generate darkness should not be talking at all.
U have a point no doubt. But PO is on advisary role, his influence in the actual execution is far removed so pitch the blame on the men at the helm- GEJ, if I am ur adviser u can either take my advise or reject it whatever final route u decide to take is ur responsibility, not those of ur subjects.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Johnrake69: 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Anybody with money to buy form and with a bachelor degree can attend conferences in Cambridge, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Georgetown or any ivy-league school. Peter obi did NOT receive ANY degree from an IVY -league school. Peter Obi just attended conferences. STOP fooling yourself. You are talking to people wey sabi. Meanwhile we are BATIFIED over here:

Hehehehehehehe. You're the one fooling yourself

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by lovinagbad: 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

Was he ever appointed a special adviser under Jonathan's government, adviser how, for the fact he was in the same party with Jonathan does not make him an adviser to the president in any capacity, Sowore thinks he is smart by trying to drag Peter Obi into something he never was in the capacity to control.

At least Obi has proven to be proactive than any other candidate on the issue of solving the power problem in Nigeria, while others are just busy complaining, Obi went to learn the know how to bring a solution, while some can't even complain at all like your Agbado general.

That is a very clear difference to know who is prepared to lead and who is not...
But you Blamed Tinubu for every Nigeria problem. Is Tinubu in GOVT. Obi went to Egypt for nothing. He is just wasting his time. OBI IS GOING TO PASTORS and churches all over the country you people are happy. But if Tinubu starts visiting mosque and Imam, you people will be crying.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Nchenches: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Obi was the adviser to Jonathan when Discos and Gencos were sold to PDP cronies who know little or nothing about generation and distribution of electricity. Today, Obi, Atiku and the other PDP rogues that created the mess are the ones making the loudest noise about the problem they created.

It’s just unfortunate that Nigerians forget things too easily. Under Jonathan, power supply was extremely woeful. Buhari hasn’t performed to expectations to doubt but he has invested a lot in power generation and transmission. PDP members like Obi and Atiku that participated actively in spending $16billion to generate darkness should not be talking at all.

Power generation was 4000MW under Jonathan government.

Power generation today is 40MW, reserved for only Abuja. Rest of Nigeria is in darkness except a sprinkle in Ibadan Disco area.
You pass buck after your Jagaband Tinubu formed a coalition APC which threw Nigeria into darkness, citizens poverty, violence from Islamists.
You still want an old and corrupt Tinubu in APC to succeed President Buhari so as to maintain the extreme insecurity, economic meltdown, debt ridden country and a country with the highest number of hungry and poor people in the world - all for the peanuts you receive from Jagaban Tinubu himself
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by openmine(m): 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
Snapchat:

If you can’t get your answer from my initial reply, I’m afraid I can’t help you bro
I asked you a simple question and you started a low budget prevarication!
You presented a picture of national grids that have collapsed during the time of GEJ and that of Buhari...
MY question was....Why was PMB elected since you said GEJ performed badly?

I never asked you if you voted for him!
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by IbileIfe: 11:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

But the Idiotic "Obidients" are suffering from political amnesia.

The dividends of Peter Obi as the Governor of Anambra State are thousands of jobless Igbo boys and girls who left Anambra and came to Lagos to become hawkers of Puff-puff and groundnuts whereas the dividends of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the Governor of Lagos State are the public free education that hundreds of thousands of the children of Igbo parents are enjoying in Lagos State and their lives are safer than those in Anambra State.

Show me your works and they will show who you are.

Peter Obi that could not even clean up the stinking filthy Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by lovinagbad: 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
5iine:
National Grid wey begin dey collapse as Buhari take over
It seems you were born in 2015 to say these. Too much children on Nairaland
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by jaxxy(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

when did obi join pdp and how long and how influential was he then?

Tinubu who brought MC to handle transport union in lagos howfr??
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Wickedfact: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Johnrake69:

Lol... You're simply irredeemable. To attend Chief Executive programs in Lagos business school, Harvard business school, Kellogg school of management, Judge business school of Cambridge university etc you think na beans and moimoi.

There's no dullard that will be found in any of those programs. You're talking about a man that was a chairman of Fidelity at the age of 40. There's no body contesting for election today that has more personal achievement than Peter Obi. Go and verify

Go and verify what? That Obi's highest degree is a 3rd class degree?

Those Executive programs are for those who can afford them. Dino Melaye attended the same program Peter Obi attended in Harvard. You can only impress less exposed people and not someone like me.
Peter Obi has the worst educational results out of those contesting in 2023 and that's a fact.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by GodsOwnMan: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Johnrake69:
Hehehehehehehe. I am just fooling myself. peter obi is an ibo cruise nothing more

Now you code. God bless you in Jesus name.

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by PlayerMeji: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Same way Tinubu has an estate in your mind!

Masterito:
Lol, I can see Peter Obi is living free rent in your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Neoteny(m): 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Peter Obi is the most overrated man in Nigeria, promoted by Nigerian christendom as a way to prop up a christian president (being igboe is a bonus).

The man has nothing to show for his stewardship of Anambra besides murder, ethnic bigotry, and theft.

The way these people go on about him you'd think he's some messianic miracle worker, when all the crook represents is verbosity, lies, dubious statistics, misrepresentation, showboating, and grandstanding.

The gullible youth will be so disillusioned.

All ye hounds chomping at the bit because I called out your Pandora Prick may now bark your impotent rage like the mongrels you all are.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Waterlilly: 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

thumbs up man
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by tctrills: 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

I believe you do not know so I would tell you. Obi was an adviser in the last year of Jonathan's gov. He was not in charge of power. What should he have done? Taken over the gov. Now that I have told you, I hope this affects your view.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Dwana96(m): 11:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
Must this cloutina called Sowere react to everything?? Instead u to join force with the OBIdent movement u choose to display ur stupid online Everytime.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by IbileIfe: 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
Nchenches:

Power generation was 4000MW under Jonathan government.

Power generation today is 40MW, reserved for only Abuja. Rest of Nigeria is in darkness except a sprinkle in Ibadan Disco area.
You pass buck after your Jagaband Tinubu formed a coalition APC which threw Nigeria into darkness, citizens poverty, violence from Islamists.
You still want an old and corrupt Tinubu in APC to succeed President Buhari so as to maintain the extreme insecurity, economic meltdown, debt ridden country and a country with the highest number of hungry and poor people in the world - all for the peanuts you receive from Jagaban Tinubu himself

Stop arguing lack an ignorant idiot. grin

Nigeria's power generation is mostly thermal and hydro with installed capacity of about 12,522 MW.13 Oct 2021
Nigeria is endowed with large oil, gas, hydro and solar resources, and it has the potential to generate 12,522 MW of electric power from existing plants. On most days, however, it is only able to dispatch around 4,000 MW, which is insufficient for a country of over 195 million people.
https://www.usaid.gov › powerafrica
Power Africa in Nigeria | Fact Sheet - USAID

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Masterito(m): 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Peter Obi lives in your head for free because you channel all your comments on him. You can't say same about me. Lol.
PlayerMeji:
Same way Tinubu has an estate in your mind!

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by walebliss(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Na wa o. Let the peter obi response to sowore himself. Why all this obedient people dey answer for am? Let obi say yes or No go and verified. Ani we no fit verify if obi was adviser or not?
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by HIPROFILE(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Bro do you actually know what you are saying or you part of those trying so hard to tarnish Peter Obis Image.

Because to the best of my knowledge Only the President, Vice President and Minister of power actually has the closest powers and capacity to influence or determine what happens in the power sector.

The $16 Billion you talked about was during the reign of Obasanjo and Atiku while Liyel Imoke was the minister of Power then Obi was not yet a PDP member. However, power supply under Jonathan was much better than what we have currently under this APC Buhari led FGN.

APC is doing or have done their best I could remember when Late Abba Kyari went to germany for issues bordering on Power even though Mr Fash is the Minister of Power. My brother one of the major issues with this APC government is this…They give vital positions to people who are not suppose to be there in the first place hence Incompetence and mediocrity became order of the day unlike PDP when the good if not the best is found in some key positions not minding wether the fellow is from North, South, East or West.

Truth be told bro APC messed up big time.

Do you know that part of that $16B was actually used to acquire many power equipments and gadgets but was left lying waste at Apapa wharf not until GEJ administration came in…… what happened to those equipments is what I cant tell you here…But Nigeria happened to it I guess you understand.

I keep saying this, the issue of power in this country can never be gotten right until the national grid is decentralized either by geopolitical zones or by states anything else is a joke. I can explain incase you do not understand why I said so.

The power problem in the country is actually complex hence the reason it must be decentralized that is if we really want it solved permanently.

Peter Obi…Peter Obi…Peter Obi

A leader with sense of humor

A leader intellectual in capacity

A leader who can listen not only to those staged around him but can also go to the streets, see and also feel the pains of a common man.

A leader who can lead above self.

A leader who will not look at me and say yes you are qualified for the Job but because you are Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or Christian/ Muslim…you are not getting the Job.

A leader who will priorities education and human capacity development.

A leader who will not be partial in tackling insecurity.

A leader who will not only obey the instructions of certain group of persons called cabals but will respect, obey and priorities the core Interest of all Nigerians.

A visionary leader who thinks more of tomorrow than today.

A non vindictive leader who will accommodate even those who speak or voted against him.

A Vibrant leader who can firmly answer any question thrown at him nationally or internationally without giving answer not required for the particular question he is asked.

A leader who will develop and or add more value to our currency through viable economic policies.

A non wasteful president, prudent with a sound mind and excellent spirit.

I found more of these in Peter Obi If I had seen much better on other candidates I would have been supporting that candidate without thinking twice.

2023 is beyond ethnicity, religion, Language, Gender and or colour of skin.

We must save Nigeria and Nigerians.

Naija Must not die.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Brendaniel: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
lovinagbad:
But you Blamed Tinubu for every Nigeria problem. Is Tinubu in GOVT. Obi went to Egypt for nothing. He is just wasting his time. OBI IS GOING TO PASTORS and churches all over the country you people are happy. But if Tinubu starts visiting mosque and Imam, you people will be crying.
Tinubu said with his mouth that he brought Buhari to power, that is enough to blame him for all the problems Buhari brought along, Did Peter Obi claim to bring anybody to power?
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by PlayerMeji: 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Politics / Re: Bola Tinubu Meets Ohio Secretary Of State, USA In Abuja (Photos) by Masterito(m): 9:36pm

This Tinubu is really seeking validation.

https://www.nairaland.com/7240264/bola-tinubu-meets-ohio-secretary/2#114959485

Masterito:
Peter Obi lives in your head for free because you channel all your comments on him. You can't say same about me. Lol.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Daum: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
GeneralPula:

Fight?
How did he fight Peter Obi?
He only reminded Peter Obi that he was once in a position to change power situation but he failed..

How can an adviser on economy change power situation.
What has Fashola with his 6 months rocket science achieved...una go just open mouth day talk anyhow...make una get out joor
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Mkairbag: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Obi is a fraud, Atiku & Tinubu has nothing to offer us, Nigeria Youths are not serious. we need to start asking every candidate questions, Please stop playing victim game. its time to put every candidate on integrity test. 2023 is almost here. you will all come here to cry. this is the way you guys carry Buhari matter for head in 2015. today we are in one chance.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Jalaw: 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
This stupid wrinkled forehead idiot hasn't stop working for APC since 2014
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Masterito(m): 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Read my comment again and understand it, don't act like an illiterate.
PlayerMeji:
Politics / Re: Bola Tinubu Meets Ohio Secretary Of State, USA In Abuja (Photos) by Masterito(m): 9:36pm

This Tinubu is really seeking validation.

https://www.nairaland.com/7240264/bola-tinubu-meets-ohio-secretary/2#114959485

Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Masturbator2020: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
seunmsg:

What are you saying?
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
franchasofficia:
Stop talking thrash.

Nigeria's power problem is not only transmission. Assuming transmission is perfect, Nigeria currently is not generating enough power to power the whole of Lagos state, Rivers state, Kano State, and Abuja 247, so what gibberish are you saying?

You are struggling to generate ordinary 5,000MW electricity yet you ignorantly believe Nigeria's power issue lie just on transmission, no be mumu be that? All these half baked ItooKnow self undecided

You are not brilliant and it’s glaring.

Your transmissions are struggling with move 5000MW, is it that same transmission you want to use to move 100,000

Seems you a 3rd class graduate too. Shallow reasoning.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by PlayerMeji: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
Oga, I don't have time for your childishness..

Commot for my mention!

Masterito:
Read my comment again and understand it, don't act like an illiterate.
Re: Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse by Brendaniel: 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
GoodLife4live:

Keepshot ... So you meant he was not prepared to lead when he governed anambra and failed woefully ? You meant that primitive / unproductive anambra state that he governed for good 8 years is doing better than River State ?

You known that dis man call obi has nothing to offer... you guys are just supporting him because is an ibo man....

Majorities of you can't live in that state in governed... nothing tangible achieved by him .... Atiku ,Tinubu are both better than him in term of leadership .... His a bigoted / ipob supporter ....

He is a type of leader that talk the work but not work the talk...

I only see him as a lecturer...
And a political fraudster ...

He is the most credible, the most prudent, the most resourceful, the most disciplined, the most caring, the most performing and the best among all the candidates, If Osinbajo or Ambode (mainly Ambode) were on the ballot, I may have been rooting for one of them if I just find a fault with Obi's reputation, unfortunately your Agbado general didn't give them a chance, to me Ambode still remains the best performing governor Lagos state has ever produced maybe after Jakande....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Senators - Photos / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate / Chief Of Army Staff Visits Troops In The Frontline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.