Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others (22981 Views)

Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette / EFCC Goes After Bola Tinubu, Writes CCB For Assets Documents - Peoples Gazette / Buhari Asks Police To Shoot Sunday Igboho, Followers On Sight - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by SecretReporter(f): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Amavisca(m): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hardly can you see a media house without a political preference.....
I don't understand this your submission.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by blaise26abj(m): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Arresting associates or family members in place of suspects or wanted criminals is distasteful . Same as random arrests of people because of hairstyles , tattoos or dress styles . The Nigeria police leadership and membership is characterized by archaic , unintelligent and crass people who are too lazy to do proper investigations and always prone to bribery .

They claim prisons are overcrowded . Yet a lot of innocent people are there who shouldn’t be there in the first place . Some are in prison for 10 years awaiting trial because of stealing a bag of rice . Those old , analog kleptomaniacs parading themselves as leaders should go and sit down somewhere . They haven’t reformed anything except their pockets since 1960 . Nigeria needs to change .

2 Likes

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by PoliteActivist: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
Freelane33:
Nigeria my country
Power belongs to whom it belongs to
Which is Almighty Allah

You people are so uninformed and primitive.
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS! It is sacrosanct part of democracy!
You never just go and arrest a journalist for what he wrote. YOU SUE HIM!

3 Likes

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by DSC7: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
Moh247:
cool

I saw this coming to this

Well rather than Screaming wolf to seek emotions and sentiment for blackmail...

People's Gazzett should get their legal team and head to the police station to let us know the petition, who served the petition and who issued the arrest warrant

I hope Chief MKO Abiolas family also institute a legal suit and a petition at Scotland Yard or Met police to have David Hudeyen prove his allegations against late philatropist Abiola over Politics

First time you made sense since 7 years ago..

Oya have your best meal for lunch...

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Realist12: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Very good . People gazette is known for publishing unverified news that's capable of heating the already tensed polity.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Moh247: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
DSC7:

First time you made sense since 7 years ago..

When a child start making sense of information passed by adults, then slowly maturity kicks in

Welcome to adulthood my Son,. More thing to make sense to you soon
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by DSC7: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Moh247:

When a child start making sense of information passed by adults, then slowly maturity kicks in

Welcome to adulthood my Son,. More thing to make sense to you soon

See this one ooooo..

You dey whine ur ancestors? undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Splitmind: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
Good, we need to clamp down on journalists posting negative stories about our current and incoming President.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by effort1: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
tillaman:
People’s gazette had it coming though

You should sue them to court and not harass them if you have any case against them.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by plaindealer: 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Just watch, I'm sure we'll find out that the police was not even anywhere near their office.

Everything about this tabloid is fake news and lies.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Jefferyhi86(m): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
Dis madman is a scammer, nobody should do or av any dealing with this gay got. Nairaland beware or have his head chop off
xocire1062:
Heh
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
Once again, the same old lack of freedom of speech tactics under this regime...

They better be careful.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by jrusky(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
MonkeyMods:
I can see the bat's paw print on this

Get sense small bro you hear?
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Press intimidation. I expected this from Buhari at some point. I miss the days of Jonathan when we had the most free speech in Nigeria’s history. Dem insult that man and him family tire but him no shake.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by t2luv1: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
tillaman:
People’s gazette had it coming though

How? Kindly explain. Freedom of the press should be paramount
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by OluwaChase(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
BATified2023:
They should go n explain the source of all those unverified news they keep dishing out

U cant just wake up n write anything about anybody because u want to trend n be known

I know for sure they have a case to answer

Nevertheless, They have to issue Arrest Warant Now.!! Those police and government all think they are above the law and when they go to another man’s Country they are powerless eh God
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
Moh247:
cool

I saw this coming to this

Well rather than Screaming wolf to seek emotions and sentiment for blackmail...

People's Gazzett should get their legal team and head to the police station to let us know the petition, who served the petition and who issued the arrest warrant

I hope Chief MKO Abiolas family also institute a legal suit and a petition at Scotland Yard or Met police to have David Hudeyen prove his allegations against late philatropist Abiola over Politics

Kemi Olunloyo would have still continued defaming people if not for pastor Ibiyomi that took her to court

Same with Johnson Use

Even Adeyinka Grandson trying to incite violence until UK police ended his media run

Dunce. You A. did not read David Hundeyin’s article and B. Don’t know what constitutes defamation.

David simply said that people he spoke to during his research on Tinubu brought up Abiola’s name on more than one occasion and he referenced an old Daily Beast article that made the allegations that Abiola was involved in narcotics trading. He never directly made any allegations against Abiola himself.

If MKO’s family is so aggrieved by the allegations and they are sure MKO never traded narcotics then why didn’t they sue the Daily Beast when it made the allegations directly? Is it because they know US journalists don’t mess about and Daily Beast will open their ynash with evidence of Abiola’s drug dealings in court if they try it? Lol.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by OluwaChase(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Sleyanya1:
angry

Sadly enough some Nigerians would support this, forgetting that the suffocation of free press without credible justification is the beginning of Tyranny and the end of democracy.

Please Make it louder Abi. No arrest warrant Nothing Nothing just barge in like a Criminal

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by tillaman(m): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
t2luv1:

it’s obvious they were paid to taint certain people’s image
Selective investigative journalism once you wet their palm they will do your biddings
ITS ALL OVER THE Cyber space
You should look it up

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Lumig: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
cheesy
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by t2luv1: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
Freelane33:
Nigeria my country
Power belongs to whom it belongs to
Which is Almighty Allah

I will keep saying, That so call Muslim religion is a cult. Any religion that can convince 20 people to fly planes into a building with the promise of 10 virgins in some afterlife just lost me. Then they turn around and put their women in some beekeeper outfit. Will someone explain that to me?
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by faceland: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
They have hurry to post false info before. Do like Sahara Reporters, move to New York while setting the country on fire.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Wickedfact: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
abumeinben:
Nawa.

No freedom of speech again..

There is freedom of speech but not freedom to talk nonsense.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by Wickedfact: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
t2luv1:

If I open a news outlet and I write that I did an investigation and discovered that your father is an impotent gay and your mother is a Street prostitute, I hope you will keep up this energy.
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by t2luv1: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
OluwaChase:

Please Make it louder Abi. No arrest warrant Nothing Nothing just barge in like a Criminal

When you have Muslims as Country Attorney General, Head of Police, Head of the Military, and to top it off Head of Customs. Expecting normalcy and rule of law is a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by calyto: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
Long overdue. Those people no well
Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by ashumate: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
see below

Re: Police Raid Peoples Gazette’s Main Office In Abuja, Arrest Editor, Four Others by t2luv1: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wickedfact:

If I open a news outlet and I write that I did an investigation and discovered that your father is an impotent gay and your mother is a Street prostitute, I hope you will keep up this energy.

Go to the court for redress but having police showing up and executing arrest without formal due process being followed now I guess that is par for the course in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Tells PDP Not To Challenge Election Results In Court / APC To Members: Buhari Tsunami Won’t Work In 2023 / We”ll Pursue Outcome Of 2023 Election To Supreme Court – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.