Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi (1150 Views)

2008 Acura MDX : Another DIY Transformation Story / The Evolution Of Mercedes-benz S-class (1972-2019) / Would You Buy This Beautifully Restored 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL For N35.7m? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
So my friend was finally able to convince the previous owner that he's in a better position and capable of bringing back the classic 1972 Mini (Mark III) on the road, and he reluctantly let him buy it off him. He promised him the car will move in 3 months max.

The project was kick-started immediately after towing the old lady back home. The first goal was to crank the engine on, and then decide whether to rebuild the engine or get another one. All surrounding accessories to the engine were missing so a "PARTS HUNT" was activated; electrical coil, wiring, CDI, carbs, radiator, generator, belts, rings, water/fuel pumps, Kickstarter, brakes master, clutch parts, were all sourced and adapted. After opening up the engine, we decided it will still serve, and that proved correct after starting it.

Then came other works: suspension, brakes, gears, wheels, steering, etc. And finally the car started moving, hurray. Eventually body work, panel beating, locks, interior, dashboard, seat, doors, boot, bonnet, were done and we kept on untill reaching the current status as seen in attached pictures.

All in all, the project was challenging and exciting, and the turnout is very satisfying. He's been using the car to work and back, and around town for over 3 months now. She runs perfectly!

2 Likes

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Pics

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
More

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
Pix

1 Like

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Tezboi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nice one

Kindly take a picture of the interior.
Can we also know how much the car was purchased from the owner and the total amount spent on assesories/parts

1 Like

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Finally she's home grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Oblitz(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
grin
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Aidejay(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
I like this. There are some guys in Abuja now doing wonders with cars.

Pim)p My Ride Naija Version.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
Aidejay:
I like this. There are some guys in Abuja now doing wonders with cars.

Pim)p My Ride Naija Version.
Khaz Customs?
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by locutas: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
Kingdemu:
So my friend was finally able to convince the previous owner that he's in a better position and capable of bringing back the classic 1972 Mini (Mark III) on the road, and he reluctantly let him buy it off him. He promised him the car will move in 3 months max.

Shout out to Gazzuz Kingreign Diportivo Nurey Bigkendo Marpol Autologic Valarinz Heavenly Bang

I'm sure that friend is MMG. Chemical Machine smiley.
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by aieromon(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Another #smallnyash thread.

This is nice. More interior pictures please.
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Ogbodavies(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
9ice 1
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by ebenezary(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
More than beautiful
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by laivwire(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
There's something that discourages me about car restorations in Nigeria: The interior.

Isn't it possible to source the stock seats and door cards? I dislike these red diamond stitch leather works our guys do. It's like they all source materials and design from the same place.

Flip side: this Mini will look really cool with some coilovers, offset alloy wheels and badass fat tyres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by buygala(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Looks cool...

Even though only God knows how much rust and rot is hidden under the new paint, considering that the vehicle has been exposed to the elements for God knows how long shocked

In any case, it's OP's friends money..It's up to him if he chooses to invest his funds in a rust-can

In.summary...nice paint Job...that's the only good thing about this vehicle..in my opinion cool

Let's just hope that the chassis and suspension isn't so badly rusted that it will disintegrate in motion one day sad
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by LogicBomb8: 12:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Nice one investor.
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2022
buygala:
Looks cool...

Even though only God knows how much rust and rot is hidden under the new paint, considering that the vehicle has been exposed to the elements for God knows how long shocked

In any case, it's OP's friends money..It's up to him if he chooses to invest his funds in a rust-can

In.summary...nice paint Job...that's the only good thing about this vehicle..in my opinion cool

Let's just hope that the chassis and suspension isn't so badly rusted that it will disintegrate in motion one day sad
I knew you must come in with your usual nansense. Your cousin, Cokahot the illetrate must have missed this. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Originalsly: 7:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Amazing transformation is wayyy too much now.... was expecting to see a whole lot more. Fair job on the roadside restoration .... challenging no doubt. How much did it cost?
Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Lexusgs430: 8:39am On Jul 23, 2022
Mr Bean would love this mini ......... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kingdemu: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Mr Bean would love this mini ......... cheesy
Exactly same year and color with his cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amazing DIY Transformation Of A 1972 Mini (Mark III) In Bauchi by Kobicove(m): 10:14am On May 10, 2023
This is quite impressive cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria / How Can You Drive In Lagos Without Getting Scratched / Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model Can Not Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.