Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two (857 Views)

How Scriptural Is The Phenomenon Of Spiritual Fathers And Sons? / Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part One / Visions Of Spiritual Warfare Before The Throne Room Of God The Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by ogoamaka99(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2011
The BIBLE said something in 1st Corinthians 8 : 2 “And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know”. What this Scripture saying is actually the problem with many in this forum, claiming to know what we don’t know and that is why many wallow in ignorance.

Many are using their natural reasoning and understanding to interpret the BIBLE which they don’t understand. One have to understand the BIBLE First before you can think of interpreting it. The BIBLE is a Spiritual BOOK and it takes the SPIRIT of GOD i.e. the HOLY SPIRIT to understand and interpret it. The BIBLE said in 1Corianthians 2:14,“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”.

Because many are spiritually ignorant, that is why many are abusing some MOG because what these MOG are teaching does not appeal to their natural reasoning AND UNDERSTANDING. Many, like the one who answer mrbible are like APOLLOS of the BIBLE in Acts 18:24 "And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly".

Apollos was an eloquent man, mighty in the scripture yet he wasn’t born again. He knew only the baptism of John. He doesn’t know about JESUS CHRIST, OR ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT. This is exactly how many are in this forum, they are not born again, doesn’t know JESUS CHRIST nor the HOLY SPIRIT, yet they make so much noise in this forum, trying to contributing to every thread, trying to interpret the BIBLE they don't understand.

In the story of Apollos, we thank GOD for couple like Aquila and Pricilla, for we are told in verse 18 of Acts 26 that they took Apollos to themselves and led him to CHRIST and EXPOUNDED unto him the way of GOD more perfectly. Later in the BIBLE, Apollos was so useful because he could understand the BIBLE better because the teaching of Aquila and Priscila has great impact on him. What many people need in this forum is a teachable spirit like Apollos to be able to learn new things. They need to subject themselves to teachings of MEN OR WOMEN who know better.

The BIBLE said in Jeremiah 3:15 “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” There are many pastors GOD has positioned their way to feed them with knowledge and understanding.

I challenge Kunleoshb, nuclearBOY, and their groups, we are not in this forum to quarrel or call names. After all we don't know each other in person. They should stop abusing MOG or calling MOG names. They should remember the BIBLE warning in 1John 2:4-11 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Again the BIBLE equally said in John 15:12-14 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

A look at verses 35 of John 13, one of the proof of our been a disciple of CHRIST is our love of other brethren. It is unimaginable for someone who calls himself a christian should open his or her mouth wide to call another christian a criminal or 419, how much more a MOG.

Let us deal drastically with spiritual IGNORANCE.
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by PastorKun(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2011
If anybody is spiritually ignorant, it is you and CEC cohorts who are into MOG worshipping. The charlatans and criminals like Oyaks and Oledepo that are your mentors and you ignorant consider as annointed of God are nothing but devious criminals and they would surely answer to God for all the evil they have committed in his name.
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by Joagbaje(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Ogoamaka

Apollos was an eloquent man, mighty in the scripture yet he wasn’t born again.  He knew only the baptism of John. He doesn’t know about JESUS CHRIST, OR ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT.  This is exactly how many are in this forum, they are not born again, doesn’t know JESUS CHRIST nor the HOLY SPIRIT, yet they make so much noise in this forum, trying to contributing to every thread, trying to interpret the BIBLE they don't understand.

Your post is very funny. grin but it contains some vital truths. Like what you said above about appolos. It is very possible for a religious man to get into sense knowledge theology , yet lacking spiritual revelation. That's food for thought. cool
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by ogoamaka99(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2011
Don't allow any spiritually ignorant person to deceive you.
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by nuclearboy(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2011
@OP:

You challenge me that what?
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by aletheia(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
nuclearboy:

@OP:

^
[size=3pt]Oga nuclear, how far? I am back in Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by Zikkyy(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2011
nuclearboy:

I think he is challenging you to a duel grin to prove he has spiritual understanding of the bible, maybe undecided

ogoamaka99:

Later in the BIBLE, Apollos was so useful because he could understand the BIBLE better because the teaching of Aquila and Priscila has great impact on him.

You mean Apollos did read the bible which bible grin

ogoamaka99:

They should stop abusing MOG or calling MOG names.

Nna, you should stop fighting for the pastors. i believe they can fight for themselves. We have pastors here on NL and they are not complaining smiley You don't even fight for God the way you fight for pastors, why?
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by nuclearboy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
cheesy

@Aletheia:

Great to hear that, Brother. Will contact you via email.

@Zikky:

You suppose be SSS, shey you know? It didn't strike me till you pointed it out that "Apollos" didn't read the Bible except in Ogoamaka99's imagination since the Bible as we know it didn't exist yet then.

Ogoamaka99 excels at showing he is empty upstairs
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by ogoamaka99(m): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2011
@nuclearBOY,
OH! BOY, it seems you have problem of understanding English language as you have problem of understanding spiritual matters. I said, I challenge Kunleoshb, nuclearBOY, and their groups, we are not in this forum to quarrel or call names. After all we don't know each other in person. They should stop abusing MOG or calling MOG names.
So my dear BOY, prove that the above is a wrong grammar or an incomplete sentence.

nuclearboy:

Ogoamaka99 excels at showing he is empty upstairs
OH! BOY, between ogoamaka99 and yourself, who is empty upstairs? Point out how many thread you have originated this year, yet you claim that you have something upstairs?
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by nuclearboy(m): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2011
^^

You are so dense that if you were a goat, nobody would eat your meat

My dear makanobrain, try prove that statement is wrong or incomplete.

And who called any miscreant aught aside the word "miscreant"?
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by ogoamaka99(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2011
@nuclearBOY,
BOY oh! BOY! as usual, you have left the issue to call names. Why not react to points raised and stop that your BOYISH mentality.
Re: Danger Of Spiritual Ignorance Part Two by nuclearboy(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2011
^^Ïdiota!

I should respond to points raised?? What points? That I should not call a thief "a thief"?

How do you respond to that? Basically you are saying I should "shut up" and insisting that I respond to shutting up!

Think about it and you may start to know why your denseness is so deplorably pathetic

(1) (Reply)

Deeds And Doctrine Of The Nicolaitanes…(0 1) / Does God Have Internet Access? / Whats Your View Abt Reincarnation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.