Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People (53863 Views)

How Can You Identify Intelligent People? / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by RUGS(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello, Please my dear brothers and sisters, I need your help on some list of easy and fast selling Tech data analysis programs that I can learn so as to work with financial institutions, manufacturing companies, tech companies and telecommunications companies because am seek and tie of all these small cash out salaries.
Please, I need help from any professional or someone with the tech knowledge in any good sellable program to put me through on how to go about it.

My whatsapp number 08067866727
E-Mail : Isaacjoe23@yahoo.com
Thanks...
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by RUGS(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello, Please my dear brothers and sisters, I need your help on some list of easy and fast selling Tech data analysis programs that I can learn so as to work with financial institutions, manufacturing companies, tech companies and telecommunications companies because am seek and tie of all these small cash out salaries.
Please, I need help from any professional or someone with the tech knowledge in any good sellable program to put me through on how to go about it....

My whatsapp number 08067866727
E-Mail : Isaacjoe23@yahoo.com
Thanks...
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by eazye4u133(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
An intelligent person is not necessarily one who ask questions but mostly someone who understands, & been intuitive and perceptive over a subject matter, he/she is smartly futuristic in his thoughts pattern.

I strongly believe that we all are intelligent in one way or the other, as far as life is concern we have differences in our abilities which measure up to our intelligence. Mr. A might be intelligent In his field of work likewise Mr. B ,

Therefore measuring IQ, Intelligence and brilliance is dependant on how God wired you and the area you are made to thrive effortlessly in life. Example I might be a good teacher while my friend whom we work with can't teach effective but can be good in class, understanding subject matter than I do
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Supersymetry: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
I hope you don't mistake gossipers,profilers,fault finders or even dump people that can't understand easily for intelligent.
The most reliable way to indentify intelligence is, auto-education.
Others are having pure and truthful logic, and admit not knowing something if he/she doesn't know without shame.
Non intelligent people mostly love lies and logical fallacy, the reason they say that "in the book of knowledge the first chapter is truth".
At certain age there are things one should know or figure out by themselves, depending on one's background and environment.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by ITbomb(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
khadaffi:

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

Conclusion: Who is foolish among the two? The teacher or the student?
You are still confusing brilliance with intelligence here.

An intelligent person tends to research more about a subject before asking while a brilliant person ask more questions to learn
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by khadaffi(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
ITbomb:

You are still confusing brilliance with intelligence here.

An intelligent person tends to research more about a subject before asking while a brilliant person ask more questions to learn

You are the one confusing yourself. What is the difference between brilliant, wise, intelligent, knowledgeable, clever and argute? You are free to use google
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Offpoint1: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
CalmElder:

I don't understand.

You wanted to ask God questions and the church objected?
"Unquestionable you are the one" should give you the clue.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
khadaffi:

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

Conclusion: Who is foolish among the two? The teacher or the student?
Is there anything like foolish question at all?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by LawyerLomo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

This post is copied!

Are you taking the credit already?

I read this post from Quora.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by jclassiq(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
saintopus:

I was reading through the various comments until I came up to yours and I immediately know that most people don't know that academic brilliance has nothing to do with intelligence.

They missed the point.

I ended with yours

I didn't go further because they don't know.
Thanks for being intelligent.

Lol.
I'm very honoured.
Thank you.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2022
Druss:

Interesting. I actually see it as a more complicated course.
Lol
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Karlifate: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
ezewealth:
What people understand, they are different types of intelligent which is
Logical intelligence
mathematical intelligence
Linguistic intelligence
Spatial Intelligence
Musical Intelligence
Bodily-kinesthetic Intelligence
Intrapersonal Intelligence
Interpersonal Intelligence.
Naturalistic intelligence.

Just that ppl don't know theirselves to know the category they belong.
Nigerian teacher pay attention to mathematical n linguistic intelligence and generalized is as intelligence. Plato once said " MAN KNOW THY SELF" That is a very critical word. A man is tag genius if he posses almost if not all the intelligence I listed above..
Being a billionaire requires determination, smartness, discipline and dope mannerliness.
Every sane person belong to at least category of this intelligence I listed here, unless you are retarded. Just Nigerian places ppl that are linguistically intelligent as being super intelligent, of which if I am to say, is the least

Well explained.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by MAMABBQGRRLS: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

Even amebo people ask questions a lot. So how does one distinguish between an amebo and an intelligent person.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Tommydare(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
khadaffi:

I will disregard most of the nonsense you wrote and address the part I deem fit as most of your post is based on false assumptions.

At that bolded part, what theory are we talking about cause there are lots of theories. Gravity that you can feel is also a theory.

Your next question is that I should give you an account of how the world began since I'm disregarding biblical account. You put your questions like you understand what evolution is. But the truth is that you don't otherwise there are some questions you ask there that are irrelevant. So I will put the question back to you, What do you know and understand as evolution? It is when you answer it, I will correct your misconceptions.

Point to note: I said I was a teacher, you forgot that part. Just as you can't have a pastor or any cleric that will tell you he doesn't believe in Jesus and the Bible so also there is not supposed to be any scientists that should tell you he does not believe in scientific theories because in the first instance scientific theories are not to be believed but be understood. And if after understanding it you feel there is need for further research, you are free to go ahead and conduct your research and prove the theory wrong. Karl Marx and the others proved Malthusian theory of population was wrong. As a school proprietor, if a science teacher tells me he doesn't believe in a scientific theory, I will consider him incompetent and start looking for a replacement immediately. Most graduates we have now are not qualified to say the least.
I dont care whatever gibberish you typed up there. You are a teacher? It's non of my business, i was once a teacher too. And a science teacher for real. I asked you a simple question and you talking irrelevant things. Since you disregard Biblical account, give us your own account about how this world evolved. And talking about scientific theories being meant to be understood, after that are they not meant to be believed? And talking about scientific theories, a lot of them are inconsistent, and are being faulted by modern scientists. Talk of newton's gravitational theories, Einstein relativity theory etc. Modern scientists keeps finding faults in them. So i put it to you that scientific theories are not reliable and a lot of them are not empirical. Anything that is not reliable will mislead a person. Do you still want to go with your scientific theory about how this world evolved or you will give me your own account?. What is you going to do?
NB: Scientists are humans too no matter how brilliant they may be. So they are prone to make mistakes. And it's either their mistakes were discovered then or they are discovered now. So, i repeat any scientific theories are not reliable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / Nile University Of Nigeria In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.