Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People (53870 Views)

How Can You Identify Intelligent People? / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

People of few words are wise. Intelligent people don’t really care about peoples interpretation of their lifestyle so they usually talk a lot to be honest.
How would it feel when all your mates already assume you should be quiet and boring simply because you’re intelligent, most times it pushes the intelligent person to do the opposite and have fun with it.
Intelligent people don't have time for fun and people's opinion about them. That is why you hardly see them in social gatherings. The only thing they focus on is how to achieve their aims and Pursue it with all zeal and dedication, anything that is not tending towards achieving their aims is distraction. In any educative gathering you find them, they always like to seat at the front but the non intelligent people always like back seat to enable them have fun
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by NEUDUDE: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
There are so many kinds of intelligence , Not one.
e.g . some people are very good at reading people and interacting with people whilst others have intelligence that shines in abstract or solitary activity e.g in a laboratory.
Ever met an "intelligent" person who cannot clean his flat or manage his finances?
You say you have met Billionaires . Se you dey whine us ni?

Anyway being a billionaire is not necessarily about intelligence but common sense. They are not the same thing.
So citing a billionaire as intelligent is wrong. Billionaires generally have more drive ,determination, focus and goal with aruthless mindset often.
Many "intelligent" people do not have common sense.
The ability to do the right thing at the right time or not to procrastinate is reflective of personality traits that are more important than "intelligence" and such people often end up having more intelligent people working for them
Native Wisdom over "intelligence" any day.

Many thing in life are simple and straightforward e.g go to bed early, wake up early , do not smoke , do not drink do not have sex with strangers without a condom , control your temper, mind how you talk etc but somehow many "intelligent" people never learn them and sometimes seem to be on a path of self destruction.
Finally the attribute of cunning is something many intelligent people never master .

Study the lives of
Henry Ford
Andrew Carnegie

Best answer so far. You hit the nail right on the head, this speaks to me a whole lot. I will trade Intelligence for Wisdom in a heart beat. Intelligent folks can be super dumb sometimes, "Ever heard of the phrase common sense wey no common"

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2022
coputa:
No human can predict the future.One's ability to pay attention to details and reason beyond the ordinary(rationally) makes one intelligent,it's not acquired through education,it's genetically transfered.that's why you see some medical doctors smoking cigarrete even when they know it's dangerous.
You need to open a dictionary to check "predict" . It can simply mean an estimate or projection. It does not have to be accurate.

You do not need to be reason "beyond the ordinary" to be intelligent. Ordinary reasoning is enough
IT i.e. intelligence needs a good definition BEFORE you can say it is genetically transferred. That may or may not be. To assert it so categorically is just arrogant talk. Some people are more intelligent than both parents and all their siblings.
The fact that IQ tests exist underlines the need for a definition of intelligence. IQ tests require basic literacy and numeracy and plenty of evidence suggests that test performance is enhance by schooling which would suggest that either the test is flawed and does not actually measure intelligence or intelligence can be boosted by schooling.
Depending on where you grow up you develop different types of intelligence e.g a young boy in Lekki going to a good school compared to another herding cattle in the forest. The latter would learn about poisonous plants how to travel without GPS how to catch and eat small animals etc. Ultimately intelligence is to help you survive and thrive in your environment

I do not get the logic in the emboldened phrase , what is the nexus?
Avoid making categorical assertions that box you into a corner. There is no shame in saying I don't know but there is in insisting you do when you don''t.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Top 3 does not mean more intelligent . If a person has zero interest in the school curriculum that does not make them unintelligent. Many intelligent people drop out of school because school is not for them

Thinking is more important than learning.
Your ideas about school and intelligence show that you are not thinking at all
Factors like discipline , focus and work ethic can make you top 3 in class whereas as people get older you observe that everyone is intelligent but people have different things that interest them and schoolwork is not the only arena

Even Comedy takes a lot of intelligence as does ,song writing , Event planning, etc. Many people who are good at learning other people's ideas and passing exams often are very poor at coming up with original ideas of their own.
Figuring out how to make and produce garri with no sand is a better sign of intelligence than memorizing the names of all the states and their capitals.
Genuine intelligence should solve personal or social problems e.g creating an App
See how you are shooting yourself up and down. If intelligence has to do with thinking, has does someone that talks much has time to think? Check the life some great men and see if they have time for fun. They talk less, they are men of few words, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Dangote, etc are men of few words.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by macrodata(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2022
Intelligence is relative. Someone may be intelligent in one area and be dumb in another. However there is a level ground called common sense. This is the area where the dumb ones are chaffed out.

4 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Intelligent people don't have time for fun and people's opinion about them. That is why you hardly see them in social gatherings. The only thing they focus on is how to achieve their aims and Pursue it with all zeal and dedication, anything that is not tending towards achieving their aims is distraction. In any educative gathering you find them, they always like to seat at the front but the non intelligent people always like back seat to enable them have fun
Yes I agree about the social gatherings, I agree about achieving goals and aims. But for the academic part, sitting in front doesn’t really mean intelligent, in my class for instance, the most determined people aren’t necessarily the most intelligent.
Intelligent people also try to be social in academic settings usually for higher goals, so sometimes they mix up with the rest of the class and sit randomly.
When intelligent people sit in front, it’s usually for a very difficult course and when it’s highly essential.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:33am On Jul 24, 2022
Druss:

This must be a Nigerian mentality which explains a fair amount.
I thought it’s only in Nigeria, however it’s more noticed abroad https://instagram.com/engineeringverse.io?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= check through the comments of this Instagram page, Even though it’s for fun, civil engineering is usually lowest in ranking and everything
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
use your school days as a a case study? The top three in your class, hardly have a social life nor talk much but rather, always with their books researching while the average students or poor students party round discussing all manners of things while the class is going on.
Intelligence people don't try to belong but always focus to achieve their aims and objectives. That is why in school, you really see them in social gatherings
If I’m using my school days, I’m actually the Top second student, the first wasn’t social in the first three years but from the fourth she went into politics and has been more vibrant all round.
I wasn’t social in the first two years. But from the third, I became more outgoing and have learnt to network with both students and lecturers more.
The third person is still an introvert so he has a very small circle of friends.

I think this pattern is peculiar to my school environment, no matter how book smart you are, you’d have to network and socialize with people and allow some distractions in your life
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Bruno3000(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Ok
shibanbo:

Not all,some intelligent people still talk alot,much talk is a different game all together.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Iceberg3: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2022
simplyleo:

My friend doing his nysc in kuje, leodeking,is very far from the discourse here grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
See how you are shooting yourself up and down. If intelligence has to do with thinking, has does someone that talks much has time to think? Check the life some great men and see if they have time for fun. They talk less, they are men of few words, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Dangote, etc are men of few words.
I do not have any response to this because it is totally tangential to what you quoted. I do not see your point.
We are discussing intelligence here NOT "greatness" and I do not know what you mean by greatness
Bill Gates is not a man of few words .He has opinions on so many things and is not shy to share them
Steve Jobs was not a man of few words either whatever the case that is not relevant to what you quoted

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2022
coputa:
No human can predict the future.One's ability to pay attention to details and reason beyond the ordinary(rationally) makes one intelligent,it's not acquired through education,it's genetically transfered.that's why you see some medical doctors smoking cigarrete even when they know it's dangerous.
Lol you can predict the future, you doubting this is an indication of your level of intelligence.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Tywo2018: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2022
If u all want to know begin with a toddler from 2 years
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Zico777(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Snapchat:
They are not Obidense.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
I do not have any response to this because it is totally tangential to what you quoted. I do not see your point.
We are discussing intelligence here NOT "greatness" and I do not know what you mean by greatness
Bill Gates is not a man of few words .He has opinions on so many things and is not shy to share them
Steve Jobs was not a man of few words either whatever the case that is not relevant to what you quoted
Simple questions, how does a talkative and fun sealing man have time to think, if intelligence has more to do with thinking as you have agreed?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
You need to open a dictionary to check "predict" . It can simply mean an estimate or projection. It does not have to be accurate.

You do not need to be reason "beyond the ordinary" to be intelligent. Ordinary reasoning is enough
The fact that he doubted the possibility of predicting the future shows his level of intelligence, I mean common Mathematics and statistics is essential for intelligence.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by bbyby01: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2022
AmongUs:

This is not about class room settings, the more you know the more you realise you don't know anything, so at any opportunity you would want to ask more questions but is that the end of it? No, you go home and make more research.

You don't just sit down and listen like an idiot and been afraid that asking questions would make you look like a dumb ass.
You don't know what you are saying
A smart person doesn't need too much explanation to grasp simple concepts as the initial post suggests.
Have you ever heard the phrase "explain to me like I'm an idiot"
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by NairaMaster1(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2022
Miracood2:
I strongly disagree with this assertion.

If you are a teacher, you'll understand that it's not everybody that asks a lot of questions is intelligent.

Some ask questions, stupid questions in fact just to cause confusion where there is non.

My fiancee who happens to be a teacher told me this.

You're very correct. The OP is not intelligent. Why would be intelligent and still be asking questions upon questions? Genius ask only one question and your answer (right or wrong) is enough to understand the topic.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Shedrill(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2022
Benwallt:
They vomited the questions I guess

You're very unteachable

Abeg shift
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by phrex(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2022
StonedLex:

Intelligent people rarely show off lol
Say it well He/she isn't right?

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Shedrill(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2022
The topic is about intelligent people, now you will see people trying to be more intelligent than the other here

Op wasn't talking about you oo
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Allisgud: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2022
I think intelligence goes beyond classroom activity,I hardly ask question in class,but that one no means say I know sabi book,

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
I know you didn't get any overnight otherwise you won't be this irritable. Sorry
I am in a good mood now.......... grin
Do not give room for atresia

I should applaud you for recommending suicide? You must be joking, your heart is ugly. Go and wash plates.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by placeofallure(f): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2022
Fairview1:

Bravo, you have my respect for this single act. I cherish ladies who are highly determined to live by their values. What 8s yours will come your way. But keep the secret with you.

Thank you.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Justkatty(f): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

It’s normal for Engineers to rank civil engineering at the lowest spot, we see it as the easiest and most random Engineering option. I mean, no specialty and uniqueness in Civil Engineering
If it were that easy, we would have so many of them around just as you see so many Lab technicians everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Justkatty(f): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
That is one out of 50. MOST intelligent people are men of few words. Intelligence is abilities to easily grasp and understand things.
You mustn't be a man of few words before you can be tag as an intelligent person; Intelligence goes beyond that.
Read few books about that, you'll understand better.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by coputa(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

Lol you can predict the future, you doubting this is an indication of your level of intelligence.
Humans can only forecast the future through calculations and extimate using previous data and events combined with recent trends to come up with a future event outcome.A prediction is an actual act of indicating that something will happen in the future without information.the latter is beyond human comprehension.Stop typing trash
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by coputa(m): 9:30am On Jul 24, 2022
Intellect does'nt show in your facial looks or your behavioural pattern.it shows in your what you do(creativity).A learner that gives back to his teacher word to word of what he has been taught is not an intelligent learner.This is the reason why nigeria graduates are not creative.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by AtikuOkowa: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2022
coputa:
Intellect does'nt show in your facial looks or your behavioural pattern.it shows in your what you do(creativity).A learner that gives back to his teacher word to word of what he has been taught is not an intelligent learner.This is the reason why nigeria graduates are not creative.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2022
Ninisun:

I should applaud you for recommending suicide? You must be joking, your heart is ugly. Go and wash plates.
Honestly I do not need your applause. I really do not give a shit about you or what you think
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Simple questions, how does a talkative and fun sealing man have time to think, if intelligence has more to do with thinking as you have agreed?
What is THINKING

I do not know what you mean by talkative or why we are talking about that? I do not see where you are bringing that from or why you are asking me that? How did talkative get into the conversation?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Corrections: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2022
soloh:
Sebi you dey there when God tell Moses abi
Continue

Even if it was said that God told your wonderful biological parents that God created the world in six days you would still not believe..... That you can't see something does not mean that thing doesn't not exist !!!! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / Nile University Of Nigeria In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.