Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People (53869 Views)

How Can You Identify Intelligent People? / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by bepositive11: 1:27am On Jul 24, 2022
I would say that intelligent people try to find answers themselves first. When they can find an answer, they ask questions from other people. When someone is teaching them though, they ask that person questions if they don't understand.

I don't think all intelligent people write stuff down. Some will just remember it. Especially if it's something they find intriguing, it's hard for them to forget.

That aside, for me, the way I know whether a person is intelligent or not is by having a conversation with them. Depending on what they say, their opinions on various matters, and the kinds of questions they ask me, I can tell whether they're intelligent or not.

Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by bepositive11: 1:31am On Jul 24, 2022
I would say that the most intelligent are not only IQ intelligent, but also emotionally intelligent. If all you have is IQ, there's no point. You won't succeed in most things.

blingxx:

Intelligent pple are very good at hiding their emotions Sha , but they get depressed the most because no one can relate with them oftenly
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Kei144(m): 1:34am On Jul 24, 2022
How you know an intelligent person is that you don't need to explain anything to her/him twice. Just do the explanation once and s/he catches it.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by placeofallure(f): 1:55am On Jul 24, 2022
StonedLex:

Intelligent people rarely show off lol

Yeah! I remember my job hunting days. I was part of a two-week training, a prerequisite for joining the insurance firm. The training was tough and challenging. At the end we would write an exam to determine who gets picked. During the training, you'd see a lot of foolish or unnecessary questions asked by youths who wanted to show off, some would even make more stupid assertions like that. Me, wetin concern me? I no dey ask questions and I no dey ever contribute or suggest anything.

After writing the exams, the coordinator who also doubled as our trainer called me to his office the next day. He asked me, "How did you manage to come tops of the class when you never said a word since you all came here?" He said he thought I never understood anything that was going on since I was a laid-back kind of. I smiled. This one doesn't know me. All through my school life, I was like that.

I never did pick up the job eventually despite being number one in the training. The man wanted sex in exchange for a slot, with a promise to facilitate my rise in the company by handing me ready-made clients. I refused.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by CanadaOrBust: 1:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Fairview1:

Perhaps, you are yet to understand how the music industry works. Most artist don't write their songs. They have team of well trained and sophisticated group of songs writers. Only few Nigerian artist writes their songs. Go figure right!

Point is, some songs are clearly inspired and not dependent on the words. And they are usually the most popular songs. What exactly did a song writer write in a song like skelewu??

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Clint02(m): 2:11am On Jul 24, 2022
AmongUs:

Can you sing/rap? How about writing? Or you want to be vocal in a gathering for no productive reason at all?
I can actually sing or act(drama) in front of a gathering.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Clint02(m): 2:14am On Jul 24, 2022
Fairview1:

There's nothing wrong in being reserve. It should rather count to your advantage if you understand how to properly utilize the God given skill. Greater percentage of world leading billionaire are introvert...uncluding Dangote, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos etc.

It's not by accident. It's a skill many people want to acquire. Don't bother about you being reserve, seek to exploit the latent skill that goes with your nature.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by kaymart: 2:43am On Jul 24, 2022
Bruno3000:
Nice write up.
In addition, intelligent people are men of few words. They don't just talk for talking sake, think b4 making each statement and the effects they would create on their listeners.
Intelligent people are people who display humility and are ever willing to learn from anyone; they rarely show off.
Intelligent people are flexible in nature. They possess and display adaptation skills whenever and wherever necessary.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Fairview1: 3:06am On Jul 24, 2022
placeofallure:

Yeah! I remember my job hunting days. I was part of a two-week training, a prerequisite for joining the insurance firm. The training was tough and challenging. At the end we would write an exam to determine who gets picked. During the training, you'd see a lot of foolish or unnecessary questions asked by youths who wanted to show off, some would even make more stupid assertions like that. Me, wetin concern me? I no dey ask questions and I no dey ever contribute or suggest anything.

After writing the exams, the coordinator who also doubled as our trainer called me to his office the next day. He asked me, "How did you manage to come tops of the class when you never said a word since you all came here?" He said he thought I never understood anything that was going on since I was a laid-back kind of. I smiled. This one doesn't know me. All through my school life, I was like that.

I never did pick up the job eventually despite being number one in the training. The man wanted sex in exchange for a slot, with a promise to facilitate my rise in the company by handing me ready-made clients. I refused.

Bravo, you have my respect for this single act. I cherish ladies who are highly determined to live by their values. What 8s yours will come your way. But keep the secret with you.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by ZeroChil: 4:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Benwallt:
Your first two paragraphs detailed the attributes of a talkative. Intelligent people listen and process

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by ZeroChil: 4:29am On Jul 24, 2022
AN INTELLIGENT PERSON

*Very calm, almost too unnaturally calm.

*Insightful.

*Usually just smile or smirk at what an average person would lol about.

*Looks depressed most of the time.

*Excellent at pointing out flaws (a negative trait).

*Gets bored easily.

*Loves reading, not necessarily books though.

*Understands easily and quickly.

*Excellent problem-solving skills.

*Above-average deduction skills.

*Enjoys solitude.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Taiwojon(m): 4:43am On Jul 24, 2022
khadaffi:

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

Conclusion: Who is foolish among the two? The teacher or the student?

The student is.

Was the student there when God created him.
Did the student have a life before he was born?

If the student was wise, won't he has seen that the sign are everywhere
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Chochovini: 4:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Dabillion:
You're very correct bro, nobody is bigger than learning
. Sure?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Tommydare(m): 5:10am On Jul 24, 2022
khadaffi:

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

This your Bible reference shows you are an atheist. Ok, Charles Darwin's evolutionary theory and the big bang theory that you believed, how through is that too? If you are very intelligent. Some of thes scientist's theories are not empirical. That's why they used to tackle each other. And besides, where were they when everything was evolving for them to know that was what actually happened? And if you say you dont believed in their theories and shit, i dare you to give us an account of how this world evolved since you are disregarding Biblical account.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by khadaffi(m): 5:58am On Jul 24, 2022
Taiwojon:

The student is.

Was the student there when God created him.
Did the student have a life before he was born?

If the student was wise, won't he has seen that the sign are everywhere

The bolded part is funny actually. So if you are a teacher you expect your student to be wise? If the student is wise then he should be the teacher while you should be the student.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by khadaffi(m): 6:08am On Jul 24, 2022
Tommydare:

This your Bible reference shows you are an atheist. Ok, Charles Darwin's evolutionary theory and the big bang theory that you believed, how through is that too? If you are very intelligent. Some of thes scientist's theories are not empirical. That's why they used to tackle each other. And besides, where were they when everything was evolving for them to know that was what actually happened? And if you say you dont believed in their theories and shit, i dare you to give us an account of how this world evolved since you are disregarding Biblical account.

I will disregard most of the nonsense you wrote and address the part I deem fit as most of your post is based on false assumptions.

At that bolded part, what theory are we talking about cause there are lots of theories. Gravity that you can feel is also a theory.

Your next question is that I should give you an account of how the world began since I'm disregarding biblical account. You put your questions like you understand what evolution is. But the truth is that you don't otherwise there are some questions you ask there that are irrelevant. So I will put the question back to you, What do you know and understand as evolution? It is when you answer it, I will correct your misconceptions.

Point to note: I said I was a teacher, you forgot that part. Just as you can't have a pastor or any cleric that will tell you he doesn't believe in Jesus and the Bible so also there is not supposed to be any scientists that should tell you he does not believe in scientific theories because in the first instance scientific theories are not to be believed but be understood. And if after understanding it you feel there is need for further research, you are free to go ahead and conduct your research and prove the theory wrong. Karl Marx and the others proved Malthusian theory of population was wrong. As a school proprietor, if a science teacher tells me he doesn't believe in a scientific theory, I will consider him incompetent and start looking for a replacement immediately. Most graduates we have now are not qualified to say the least.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by shibanbo(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Bruno3000:
Nice write up.
In addition, intelligent people are men of few words. They don't just talk for talking sake, think b4 making each statement and the effects they would create on their listeners.
Intelligent people are people who display humility and are ever willing to learn from anyone; they rarely show off.
Intelligent people are flexible in nature. They possess and display adaptation skills whenever and wherever necessary.

Not all,some intelligent people still talk alot,much talk is a different game all together.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:31am On Jul 24, 2022
khadaffi:

The attributes OP highlighted are attributes of extroverts and social people. Most intelligent people are men of few words, they listen more than they talk. They have the ability to grasp and understand things. Whenever they asked questions, they ask smart questions. Unlike Social people that asked all manners of silly questions because they want to be noticed
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Justkatty(f): 6:36am On Jul 24, 2022
AmongUs:

Civil engineer? Obviously she is not intelligent enough.
What made you think so?
She's not intelligent, but yet she got a scholarship to go for her master's in a reputable school�
Don't see all intelligent people as introvert, She was born that way, and that doesn't dispute the fact that she isn't doing well in her choice of career.
Stop measuring intelligence with just being quiet.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 6:39am On Jul 24, 2022
ZeroChil:
AN INTELLIGENT PERSON

*Very calm, almost too unnaturally calm.

*Insightful.

*Usually just smile or smirk at what an average person would lol about.

*Looks depressed most of the time.

*Excellent at pointing out flaws (a negative trait).

*Gets bored easily.

*Loves reading, not necessarily books though.

*Understands easily and quickly.

*Excellent problem-solving skills.

*Above-average deduction skills.

*Enjoys solitude.
Has dark sense of humor, most times intelligent people are misunderstood

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2022
Justkatty:
Someone saying intelligent people don't talk much iffa hear
The most intelligent in my house, doesn't give a damn whether you're sleeping or not, she'll continue talking.
Funny enough we all begged her to read law
But now, aunty is a civil Engr.

Some intelligent people work together with their mouth always wanting to say something.
That is one out of 50. MOST intelligent people are men of few words. Intelligence is abilities to easily grasp and understand things.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 6:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Justkatty:
What made you think so?
She's not intelligent, but yet she got a scholarship to go for her master's in a reputable school�
Don't see all intelligent people as introvert, She was born that way, and that doesn't dispute the fact that she isn't doing well in her choice of career.
Stop measuring intelligence with just being quiet.
It’s normal for Engineers to rank civil engineering at the lowest spot, we see it as the easiest and most random Engineering option. I mean, no specialty and uniqueness in Civil Engineering
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Well Jumping from a high building can be equally effective but you have to consider those that will clean up afterwards/ I am a nice guy that always considers others

Still typing gibberish! Nice guy my foot.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by coputa(m): 6:43am On Jul 24, 2022
All humans are intelligent.nobody knows everything but somebody knows something.Some people are good academically but are complete failures in life and verse versa.that's why kings always have chiefs as advicers.Nobody is a fool.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 6:44am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
That is one out of 50. MOST intelligent people are men of few words. Intelligence is abilities to easily grasp and understand things.
People of few words are wise. Intelligent people don’t really care about peoples interpretation of their lifestyle so they usually talk a lot to be honest.
How would it feel when all your mates already assume you should be quiet and boring simply because you’re intelligent, most times it pushes the intelligent person to do the opposite and have fun with it.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2022
coputa:
All humans are intelligent.nobody knows everything but everyone knows something.Some people are good academically but are complete failures in life and verse versa.that's kings always have chiefs as advicers.Nobody is a fool.
I don’t think all humans are intelligent, or even if all are, there are ranges of intelligence. Everybody knows something, but intelligence isn’t just about knowing, it’s more about understanding and predicting future outcomes with little data.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Ninisun:

Still typing gibberish! Nice guy my foot.
I know you didn't get any overnight otherwise you won't be this irritable. Sorry
I am in a good mood now.......... grin
Do not give room for atresia
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

People of few words are wise. Intelligent people don’t really care about peoples interpretation of their lifestyle so they usually talk a lot to be honest.
How would it feel when all your mates already assume you should be quiet and boring simply because you’re intelligent, most times it pushes the intelligent person to do the opposite and have fun with it.
use your school days as a a case study? The top three in your class, hardly have a social life nor talk much but rather, always with their books researching while the average students or poor students party round discussing all manners of things while the class is going on.
Intelligence people don't try to belong but always focus to achieve their aims and objectives. That is why in school, you really see them in social gatherings
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by coputa(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

I don’t think all humans are intelligent, or even if all are, there are ranges of intelligence. Everybody knows something, but intelligence isn’t just about knowing, it’s more about understanding and predicting future outcomes with little data.
No human can predict the future.One's ability to pay attention to details and reason beyond the ordinary(rationally) makes one intelligent,it's not acquired through education,it's genetically transfered.that's why you see some medical doctors smoking cigarrete even when they know it's dangerous.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
use your school days as a a case study? The top three in your class, hardly have a social life nor talk much but rather, always with their books researching while the average students or poor students party round discussing all manners of things while the class is going on.
Intelligence people don't try to belong but always focus to achieve their aims and objectives. That is why in school, you really see them in social gatherings
Top 3 does not mean more intelligent . If a person has zero interest in the school curriculum that does not make them unintelligent. Many intelligent people drop out of school because school is not for them

Thinking is more important than learning.
Your ideas about school and intelligence show that you are not thinking at all
Factors like discipline , focus and work ethic can make you top 3 in class whereas as people get older you observe that everyone is intelligent but people have different things that interest them and schoolwork is not the only arena

Even Comedy takes a lot of intelligence as does ,song writing , Event planning, etc. Many people who are good at learning other people's ideas and passing exams often are very poor at coming up with original ideas of their own.
Figuring out how to make and produce garri with no sand is a better sign of intelligence than memorizing the names of all the states and their capitals.
Genuine intelligence should solve personal or social problems e.g creating an App
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Druss(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2022
They keep learning.
They believe in keeping things simple.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Druss(m): 7:09am On Jul 24, 2022
Mrlloyd:

It’s normal for Engineers to rank civil engineering at the lowest spot, we see it as the easiest and most random Engineering option. I mean, no specialty and uniqueness in Civil Engineering
This must be a Nigerian mentality which explains a fair amount.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / Nile University Of Nigeria In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.