Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,688 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. (2350 Views)

States That PO, BAT And AA Will Win / 2023 Presidency: South-West Undecided On Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi / 70% Of Voters Are Undecided On 2019 Polls - Olawepo-hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Lindner: 2:18am On Jul 23, 2022
Looking at the three most popular candidates in the forthcoming election, I can say I've never been more confused.

Was discussing with some of my guys and I won't kid myself, it's a decision for the least evil choice among the three. Sorry to say, if these are the best Nigeria has to offer again (as always), we're still in deep shit.

ATIKU
He's been an active participant in the shit we find ourselves as a country today. When that name is mentioned, what I hear is corruption and the continuation of institutionalized corruption and bad governance. He was once a VP, so he has no point to proof. He created part of the problem we're in.

BAT
Too many baggages. The fact that allegations cannot be proven does not mean they are false. It may just mean the perpetrator is to smart to cover his tracks. Plus, this man should just be resting and taking care of his health. Looks too frail. The complexity of our problems require agility. I just don't see how BAT can give even 50% of himself to the job consistently over 4 or 8 years. And I keep hearing about how he looted Lagos state dry.

PO
Looks good on paper but I can't just see any evidence of historical performance except vague statistics. They said he transformed Anambra. If today's Anambra
is the transformed version and the standard for performance, all hope may be lost. And again, I'm weary of the 2015 rhetorics of "never-do-wrong, ultimate solution to all our problems" that made Buhari president. I'm also not just comfortable rooting for the same candidate as Igbos, their sympathizers and people who didn't wish Nigeria well but all of a sudden are interested in the country. Seem to me there's an ulterior motive (whether PO is aware ot not). I just don't want to help them gain power by contributing my vote- whatever the motive.

Here is my dilemma and some of the real issues to be discussed when campaigning for your candidates instead of the ethno-religious nonsense that is plaguing us as a nation. The standard is so low to the point that our expectations are pathetic. Our best candidates are just a bunch of people from the same stock.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:26am On Jul 23, 2022
Peter Obi is the most qualified and generally accepted candidate right now

APC Tinubu ha failed and now seen as terrorist party

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by selymyst(m): 2:28am On Jul 23, 2022
God bless you for this

3 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Lindner: 2:34am On Jul 23, 2022
selymyst:
God bless you for this

Amen!
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:
Looking at the three most popular candidates in the forthcoming election, I can say I've never been more confused.

Was discussing with some of my guys and I won't kid myself, it's a decision for the least evil choice among the three. Sorry to say, if these are the best Nigeria has to offer again (as always), we're still in deep shit.

ATIKU
He's been an active participant in the shit we find ourselves as a country today. When that name is mentioned, what I hear is corruption and the continuation of institutionalized corruption and bad governance. He was once a VP, so he has no point to proof. He created part of the problem we're in.

BAT
Too many baggages. The fact that allegations cannot be proven does not mean they are false. It may just mean the perpetrator is to smart to cover his tracks. Plus, this man should just be resting and taking care of his health. Looks too frail. The complexity of our problems require agility. I just don't see how BAT can give even 50% of himself to the job consistently over 4 or 8 years. And I keep hearing about how he looted Lagos state dry.

PO
Looks good on paper but I can't just see any evidence of historical performance except vague statistics. They said he transformed Anambra. If today's Anambra
is the transformed version and the standard for performance, all hope may be lost. And again, I'm weary of the 2015 rhetorics of "never-do-wrong, ultimate solution to all our problems" that made Buhari president. I'm also not just comfortable rooting for the same candidate as Igbos, their sympathizers and people who didn't wish Nigeria well but all of a sudden are interested in the country. Seem to me there's an ulterior motive (whether PO is aware ot not). I just don't want to help them gain power by contributing my vote- whatever the motive.

Here is my dilemma and some of the real issues to be discussed when campaigning for your candidates instead of the ethno-religious nonsense that is plaguing us as a nation. The standard is so low to the point that our expectations are pathetic. Our best candidates are just a bunch of people from the same stock.
None of the candidates are perfect but if look at them with a neutral mindset it's clear that Peter looks cleaner and has less baggage.

Moreover, Nigeria is in a very dire situation financially currently with debt servicing already surpassing revenue.

So we need someone that can cut the crazy costs of running government across board and shore up revenue.

We don't need another sharing president or status quo president.

We need a president that can gradually change the country from consumption to production.

We need a president whose election was funded by the people and not someone that won primary elections by buying delegates with dollars.

We need a vibrant and energetic president that will be in the field most times fixing the litany of problems in Nigeria and always available to communicate with Nigerians.

For me, the only candidate that ticks all the boxes is Peter Obi. Very easy decision.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by SmellyNyash: 2:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

Don't worry. The APC calamity never touch u very well or anybody related to you. Wen e touch u, u go decide by force

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by stonemasonn: 2:47am On Jul 23, 2022
Then vote for Kwankwaso.

But any of them will perform better than Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 2:59am On Jul 23, 2022
You're reeling out irrelavant statistics when your house is almost on fire, rather than looking for which candidate may likely be an extinguisher.

God forbid, when one of your family members is kidnapped and you're left with no choice than to start begging people for money or trying to raise ransom, then you'll decide on who is the best to vote.

For now, you're just a carefree person enjoying yourself within the comfort of your house who doesn't know how Nigeria is.

Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

13 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by eleko1: 3:25am On Jul 23, 2022
sad I’m a Tinubu/Pa ibu supporter but I won’t be part of MuhamMAD/MuhamMAD islam party

Atiku is a Cameroonian.A stranger will not rule me .

OBInna the famous OBI HIM TU LIE............ a man with one wristwatch grin,one shoe is also a THI* grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by amc: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2022
A vote for Peter Obi might be a vote for IPOB. That’s my only concern with Obi’s candidacy. A genuine concern.

6 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by cRobo: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2022
Linder
First of no one is perfect
But with the present realities on ground
Peter Obi is a better choice

I don't want to talk about BAT & AA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 4:01am On Jul 23, 2022
cool

What stands Bola Ahmed Tinubu out are his verified anticident and past track record in Private and Public sector

For me people talking about age and agility need to think of the experience he is bringing to the table at 70 years, he has practical knowledge in the Oil and Gas sector having retired at ExxonMobil as a treasurer and auditor with Saudi Aramco and UK National Oil, and Major Investor in Oando PLC, Oil and Gas Sector alone contribute around 60% of our GDP and having a man with good knowledge of the sector would really help both upstream and downstream side of the business

Objectively as an HR looking to hire someone into an Executive position of a company that has over 200 million people and I go through Tinubu's profile, then I will pick him

*First Class Degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting at the prestigious Chicago State University

*Former Auditor and Accountant at PWC, Delliote, General Electric, ExxonMobil,

*Senator SDP 93, Two terms Governor of Lagos State (Africa's fifth largest economy by GDP), Founder Action Congress, one of the founder APC,

*Investor/Shareholder/Owner; TVC media group (one of the best TV station in Nigeria) , TheNation Newspaper (one of the most visited news websites in Nigeria and the most read newspaper), Oando PLC (major importer of NNPC refined products) , Alpha Beta Tax consultancy

6 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Dreal1247: 4:16am On Jul 23, 2022
Simple, APC promised to correct the wrongs of PDP but ended up outperformed PDP in all negative ramifications. Security, education, bad economy, wastage, inflation, corruption, stealing etc. Let us try LP with Peter Obi. He is the only manageable option for now.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Story for the gods . So why didn't he advise Buhari with all this his experience you listed?. The Buhari he force upon Nigerian and now our economy and country is in total mess.. Tinubu even promised to continue from where Buhari stop .
Moh247:
cool

What stands Bola Ahmed Tinubu out are his verified anticident and past track record in Private and Public sector

For me people talking about age and agility need to think of the experience he is bringing to the table at 70 years, he has practical knowledge in the Oil and Gas sector having retired at ExxonMobil as a treasurer and auditor with Saudi Aramco and UK National Oil, and Major Investor in Oando PLC, Oil and Gas Sector alone contribute around 60% of our GDP and having a man with good knowledge of the sector would really help both upstream and downstream side of the business

Objectively as an HR looking to hire someone into an Executive position of a company that has over 200 million people and I go through Tinubu's profile, then I will pick him

*First Class Degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting at the prestigious Chicago State University

*Former Auditor and Accountant at PWC, Delliote, General Electric, ExxonMobil,

*Senator SDP 93, Two terms Governor of Lagos State (Africa's fifth largest economy by GDP), Founder Action Congress, one of the founder APC,

*Investor/Shareholder/Owner; TVC media group (one of the best TV station in Nigeria) , TheNation Newspaper (one of the most visited news websites in Nigeria and the most read newspaper), Oando PLC (major importer of NNPC refined products) , Alpha Beta Tax consultancy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 4:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Story for the gods . So why didn't he advise Buhari with all this his experience you listed?. The Buhari he force upon Nigerian and now our economy and country is in total mess.. Tinubu even promised to continue from where Buhari stop .

Is he part of Buhari's Government or is he Buhari's adviser

Even Buhari's wife claimed Buhari shunned Tinubu

Amaechi also leaked an audio claiming Buhari listens to nobody

5 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 4:42am On Jul 23, 2022
Dreal1247:
Simple, APC promised to correct the wrongs of PDP but ended up outperformed PDP in all negative ramifications. Security, education, bad economy, wastage, inflation, corruption, stealing etc. Let us try LP with Peter Obi. He is the only manageable option for now.

Peter Obi that just joined LP 3 months ago from the same PDP that ruined Nigeria?! So did he change in 3 months, or wasn't he the economic adviser of Goodluck Jonathan

9 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Jack005(m): 4:45am On Jul 23, 2022
You have just one vote out of the millions who are decided.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by NaijaCowFarm: 4:53am On Jul 23, 2022
OP, let's just assume you are very sincere and open-minded. I will like to help you decide.

Atiku - As you stated, Atiku has a past that is clearly unenviable. The past is tainted with corruption and everyone seems to agree on that, for me Atiku is a no-no! Secondly, Atiku would be totally a replica of Buhari. He cannot do better because he is practically being sponsored or let's say he owes so many people that he would need to settle as soon as he gets into office. that implies that there would still be looting, even as it is now.

Tinubu - This would be worst than Atiku. I will explain. Tinubu had the opportunity of governing Lagos for 8 years. Thereafter, he pocketed Lagos. He became the kingmaker, he collects 10% of Lagos State revenue, his wife became a senator for three terms, his son-in-law has been a Federal Representative, his daughter is Iyaloja of Lagos, and his son is in charge of all billboards and adverts in Lagos as well as the chief executive of all toll gates his father controls, he (Tinubu) is the chief tax consultant to Lagos, Osun, and most SW states, just name it. Worst of it, he created a monster of agberos that can unleash their terror on any challenger. If such a person is allowed to hold the federal power over the Nigeria Armed Forces, he will replicate his greed on the Nigerian economy. He was once quoted to have said "I must drink Niger-Delta oil" - https://www.nairaland.com/2363221/tinubu-must-drink-niger-delta-oil. So, Tinubu is a no-no!

Peter Obi - As you have said, you have no knowledge of his performance in Anambra. I would like to tell you that Peter Obi as governor of Anambra did better than Tinubu as Lagos state governor. Many people do not know that Fashola and Ambode were the real architects of improved roads in Lagos. Tinubu only tarred a few roads as governor for 8 years. I remember Bode Thomas in Surulere and Tinubu square area. that said, Obi has only been accused of having money discovered in the Pandora papers. Funny thing is that on the same Pandora papers, Tiinubu's cousin and governor of Osun were also named and nobody has said a word about it. Oyetola is known to have been a front for Tinubu even in Alpha-Beta. Peter Obi may not be a saint, but in this crowd of presidential candidates, he stands out. I was initially disappointed that his arrangement with Kwankwaso did not work out, but with Datti Ahmed, I think we have a great team.
Associating Peter Obi with ipob is senseless if I may say, my apologies, but let me tell you why. Why do we have ipob and why did they become what they are today? Nigeria fought a civil war in 1967 - 1970. The Igbos did not actually start any war, but the rest of Nigeria decided to annihilate a people for the sins of a few coupists. Have you ever checked the tribes of the coupists of 1966? Please, check. For the civil war, Nigeria denied the Igbos power for 70 years. Tell me that this is fair. Those who fought the civil war, a generation ago are all gone, yet we still subject their children to hates that are unfounded? You, at your age, sees Obi as an ipob supporter. How about calling Shettima a supporter of Boko Haram or calling Tinubu a supporter of Yoruba nation agitators. That is unfair and I do not see how Obi's government would suddenly become ipob regime. I think that ipob sees Obi as an avenue for them to be integrated into the Nigerian mainstream, a thing denied them for 70 years.

Nigeria - What is Nigeria's problem today? Economic management, security, and corruption. Of these three key issues, Obi can handle the economy better than the other two. He would be better at managing corruption than the other two. Security issues are the symptom of the duo of corruption and bad economy. As a counsellor, i have made my points, you make your choice!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:07am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

Your write-up was interesting until I started reading where u tried to link obi with IPOB, then I concluded he's not the intelligent person I thought he is.
Being half smart is more dangerous of being not smart.

You have decided and you know who you want to give your vote but just looking for a validation to cement your conviction.

If you live in Nigeria and at your age u still don't know Nigeria is in a mess then sorry.
For your information, Peter obi cannot save Nigeria because the country is gone but giving the country back to those who mopped up all the dollars in the economy to buy deligates is suicidal.
I have a dual citizenship but my concerned is for Nigeria to succeed, no place like home.
Whoever support Peter Obi is tagged Ipob
Gullible youths.

I wish you and all Nigerians the best.

Pls note that naira depreciated from 640Naira at 10:AM yesterday to 693Naira this morning to a Dollar.

Remain undecided.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Eddygourdo(m): 5:13am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

you are undecided because you don't have sufficient mental magma to apply logic or reasoning in an intelligent way. Those of us who are decided didn't need convincing. We listened and our hearts leapt for joy In conviction.

In the heart of the fool, wise words and counsel grinds like stone filled cooked beans. Delete this thread that exposes your limitations as a person.

3 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 5:22am On Jul 23, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

Your write-up was interesting until I started reading where u tried to link obi with IPOB, then I concluded he's not the intelligent person I thought he is.
Being half smart is more dangerous of being not smart.
May God grant you wisdom.

Eddygourdo:
you are undecided because you don't have sufficient mental magma to apply logic or reasoning in an intelligent way. Those of us who are decided didn't need convincing. We listened and our hearts leapt for joy In conviction.

In the heart of the fool, wise words and counsel grinds like stone filled cooked beans. Delete this thread that exposes your limitations as a person.

It breaks my heart deeply seeing people who can't stand other people's opinion yet want to force their opinion and candidate on all of us

Are you too blind to see that you are wickedly destroying Peter Obi's future chances by this horrible unforgettable Campaign attacks?!

UK is about to elect new prime minister in September... An Asian decent of a migrant and a Woman British decent are dragging it out, and every of their supporters are well behaved and ready to argue and provide needed information at all times

But look at you Africans, simple debate you can't have it, yet want Democracy

BIG SHAME!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by kingthreat(m): 5:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this forum. It is good to realize that there exists unprejudiced people who are neither ready to believe political gimmicks nor torn between ethnic-religious lines. All the present top candidates for the 2023 elections are rogues. In a lawful Nigeria, they will either be serving or have served jail terms making them disqualified for the office of the presidency.

We need someone like Akinwunmi Adesina. He was GEJ's minister of Agriculture and excelled. As head of AFDB, he has been excelling and constantly making grounds. When he was investigated by the West for corruption, he was found guiltless. This is someone that has worked and his achievements show not Peter Obi, who worked for 8 years and has not brought a single foreign investment to Anambra state. Nigeria lost by not fielding a candidate like Akinwunmi Adesina, Donald Duke, etc.

Please ignore those insulting you. To them neutrality is a crime, shows you why Reno comes online to complain about them all the time.

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by NaijaCowFarm: 5:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

It breaks my heart deeply seeing people who can't stand other people's opinion yet want to force their opinion and candidate on all of us

Are you too blind to see that you are wickedly destroying Peter Obi's future chances by this horrible unforgettable Campaign attacks?!

UK is about to elect new prime minister in September... An Asian decent of a migrant and a Woman British decent are dragging it out, and every of their supporters are well behaved and ready to argue and provide needed information at all times

But look at you Africans, simple debate you can't have it, yet want Democracy

BIG SHAME!!!!!!!.

It surprises me to read your posts most times. It looks like you do not reflect on your post.

You that is also abusive when you are cornered is talking of civility? I am confused.

7 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by naija4life247: 5:38am On Jul 23, 2022
What did Peter Pandora Obituary do in Anambra that sent all Anambra indegenes to be selling Gala and La Casera inside Lagos holdups and sleeping under Lagos bridges? Or have you seen any Lagos indegene sleeping under bridges in Onitsha or Owerri?

3 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by kingthreat(m): 5:38am On Jul 23, 2022
The article is clearly neutral and throws a jab on all major political candidates to highlight their flaws.
How come the only bitter people who chose to insult the OP are supporters of Peter Obi?
To them, you cannot be undecided, Peter Obi is like a 2023 political Igbo jihad movement. You don't support him then we roast you. There is absolutely no difference between them and Boko Haram extremists. Exactly how they killed that poor beautiful woman for being in the army as it opposes their Biafra agitation. Something is clearly wrong.

6 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by vanunu: 5:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

You are too young to know how Anambra state was before Peter Obi became governor, for your information, before Peter Obi, became Governor, Anambra state was a rogue state, filled with criminals and gangsters, people were killed every day, Upper Iweka was the most notorious in Anambra,
Through out the state there was no good roads ,the secondary schools were nothing to write home about, Peter Obi came and handed over mission schools that the former rogue military head of state, General Gowon forcefully stole from the churches, back to the missions, there making Anambra secondary schools the best in Nigeria.
Nnewi today is one of the most industrialized towns in Nigeria, peter Obi contributed to this..

5 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 5:44am On Jul 23, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

It surprises me to read your posts most times. It looks like you do not reflect on your post.

You that is also abusive when you are cornered is talking of civility? I am confused.

Someone asked for reason to vote your candidate, you either give him one or you ignore... He didn't attack you or cornered you

This is someone's father , brother and loved one the people above just called unintelligent and a fool for making an enquiry, what effect do you think that's going to have on him and the people under his direct influence

And yes if anyone attacks me, my family or anyone whatsoever I will make sure I go so low and toxic to get my point passed in the most cruel , crude uncivilised way... That's if you cross my path trolling you won't try trolling me,

5 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by NaijaCowFarm: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

Someone asked for reason to vote your candidate, you either give him one or you ignore... He didn't attack you or cornered you

This is someone's father , brother and loved one the people above just called unintelligent and a fool for making an enquiry, what effect do you think that's going to have on him and the people under his direct influence

And yes if anyone attacks me, my family or anyone whatsoever I will make sure I go so low and toxic to get my point passed in the most cruel , crude uncivilised way... That's if you cross my path trolling you won't try trolling me,

I guess the OP was doing well until he decided to derail by associating Peter Obi with ipob. Why did he not associate Tinubu with Yoruba nation agitator or associate Shettima with Boko haram? That alone shows his bias and insensitivity to others.

13 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Codepain: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
OP, let's just assume you are very sincere and open-minded. I will like to help you decide.

Atiku - As you stated, Atiku has a past that is clearly unenviable. The past is tainted with corruption and everyone seems to agree on that, for me Atiku is a no-no! Secondly, Atiku would be totally a replica of Buhari. He cannot do better because he is practically being sponsored or let's say he owes so many people that he would need to settle as soon as he gets into office. that implies that there would still be looting, even as it is now.

Tinubu - This would be worst than Atiku. I will explain. Tinubu had the opportunity of governing Lagos for 8 years. Thereafter, he pocketed Lagos. He became the kingmaker, he collects 10% of Lagos State revenue, his wife became a senator for three terms, his son-in-law has been a Federal Representative, his daughter is Iyaloja of Lagos, and his son is in charge of all billboards and adverts in Lagos as well as the chief executive of all toll gates his father controls, he (Tinubu) is the chief tax consultant to Lagos, Osun, and most SW states, just name it. Worst of it, he created a monster of agberos that can unleash their terror on any challenger. If such a person is allowed to hold the federal power over the Nigeria Armed Forces, he will replicate his greed on the Nigerian economy. He was once quoted to have said "I must drink Niger-Delta oil" - https://www.nairaland.com/2363221/tinubu-must-drink-niger-delta-oil. So, Tinubu is a no-no!

Peter Obi - As you have said, you have no knowledge of his performance in Anambra. I would like to tell you that Peter Obi as governor of Anambra did better than Tinubu as Lagos state governor. Many people do not know that Fashola and Ambode were the real architects of improved roads in Lagos. Tinubu only tarred a few roads as governor for 8 years. I remember Bode Thomas in Surulere and Tinubu square area. that said, Obi has only been accused of having money discovered in the Pandora papers. Funny thing is that on the same Pandora papers, Tiinubu's cousin and governor of Osun were also named and nobody has said a word about it. Oyetola is known to have been a front for Tinubu even in Alpha-Beta. Peter Obi may not be a saint, but in this crowd of presidential candidates, he stands out. I was initially disappointed that his arrangement with Kwankwaso did not work out, but with Datti Ahmed, I think we have a great team.
Associating Peter Obi with ipob is senseless if I may say, my apologies, but let me tell you why. Why do we have ipob and why did they become what they are today? Nigeria fought a civil war in 1967 - 1970. The Igbos did not actually start any war, but the rest of Nigeria decided to annihilate a people for the sins of a few coupists. Have you ever checked the tribes of the coupists of 1966? Please, check. For the civil war, Nigeria denied the Igbos power for 70 years. Tell me that this is fair. Those who fought the civil war, a generation ago are all gone, yet we still subject their children to hates that are unfounded? You, at your age, sees Obi as an ipob supporter. How about calling Shettima a supporter of Boko Haram or calling Tinubu a supporter of Yoruba nation agitators. That is unfair and I do not see how Obi's government would suddenly become ipob regime. I think that ipob sees Obi as an avenue for them to be integrated into the Nigerian mainstream, a thing denied them for 70 years.

Nigeria - What is Nigeria's problem today? Economic management, security, and corruption. Of these three key issues, Obi can handle the economy better than the other two. He would be better at managing corruption than the other two. Security issues are the symptom of the duo of corruption and bad economy. As a counsellor, i have made my points, you make your choice!

I see a lot of unsound reason and outright lies in your write-up all in a bid to paint Obi as a saint and his challengers sinner.
As a Governor of Anambra his achievement is mediocre.
PO went to Channels to defend IPOB, an organization whose singular aim is to destroy Nigeria.
The fact that IPOB members constitutes a large numbers of his supporters is a big warning signal

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

I guess the OP was doing well until he decided to derail by associating Peter Obi with ipob. Why did he not associate Tinubu with Yoruab nation agitator or associate Shettima with Boko haram. That alone shows his bias and insensitivity to others.

He holds the right to be biased, he holds the right to allege anything reported by media

However even with such rights of his as long as he didn't attack you personally, go forward to insult him is an aggression on the side of the people that called him fool

Many people call Tinubu a drug dealer, same as Abiola and all we keep doing is painstakingly telling them the indictment papers is about money laundering which means their account and businesses where patronised using money linked to criminal, at no point did anyone curse anyone for that

2 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by fasmukol: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2022
Dear OP,
Thank God we still have rational thinkers like you. Honestly, those of us in that state of paranoid/dilemma are many. But my prayer is that God should grant us the best of them.

5 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by SU50: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

ATIKU

BAT

PO

So on point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 POLL: Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Obi By A Wide Margin / Video: Man Shows Off The Obidient Groundnut He Bought In Auchi Edo State / Is Nigeria Really A Serious Country? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.