Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. (2349 Views)

States That PO, BAT And AA Will Win / 2023 Presidency: South-West Undecided On Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi / 70% Of Voters Are Undecided On 2019 Polls - Olawepo-hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

It breaks my heart deeply seeing people who can't stand other people's opinion yet want to force their opinion and candidate on all of us

Are you too blind to see that you are wickedly destroying Peter Obi's future chances by this horrible unforgettable Campaign attacks?!

UK is about to elect new prime minister in September... An Asian decent of a migrant and a Woman British decent are dragging it out, and every of their supporters are well behaved and ready to argue and provide needed information at all times

But look at you Africans, simple debate you can't have it, yet want Democracy

BIG SHAME!!!!!!!

Bigger shame to Tinubu urchins that litter the whole cyber space with one Obi propaganda or the other. You are loosing out on your own evil political strategy and are crying foul. Such a hypocritical being. Who cares about damaging Obi's chances as though anyone cares if you vote Obi or not. Some people supporting Obi are doing it for their own good. So go ahead and vote Tinubu and live with the consequences, either good or bad.

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Goke7: 10:58am On Jul 23, 2022
I like the op, he is a very sincere Nigerian and he represents millions of folks out there who are undecided.

This is where the obedients are missing it. Lots of Nigerians are still undecided and this is where the apc or pdp will edge it.

Whoever gets majority of the undecided voters out there wins 2023 elections and its certainly not Obi with the way his supporters are bullying everyone out there.

The unecessary noise about the mm ticket may play into the hands of undecided voters

2 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Amumaigwe:

Bigger shame to Tinubu urchins that litter the whole cyber space with one Obi propaganda or the other. You are loosing out on your own evil political strategy and are crying foul. Such a hypocritical being. Who cares about damaging Obi's chances as though anyone cares if you vote Obi or not. Some people supporting Obi are doing it for their own good. So go ahead and vote Tinubu and live with the consequences, either good or bad.

Will you shut up There ...

Zombidients!!!
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by henryobinna(m): 11:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Aldol:

Interesting, why didn't you complain when your people were using nairaland to pass severe hate against the yorubas, then you were happy. I am a beast your hatred created.
I am never happy with anyone exhibiting hatred doe any tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria. I have never supprted that and would never support that.

If you see such call them out but I don't expect you to since you and them are one and the same if not even worse.

I was here on this very same forum pre 2015 election how APC supporters treated Igbos and anyone not supporting Buhari. It was more of let's teach the igbos a lesson, that was the very beginning of all the madness that I can remember.

Whoever made whatever beast, is not what I'm concerned with but the amount of hatred you and people like you harbor in your hearts for Igbos and why Seun allows such to continue to grow and is widely supported, even sometimes these hatred is pushed to front page. Seun should be kind to give a notice to Igbos who haven't gotten the memo if it's time for us to leave the forum for them.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by nameo: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2022
amc:
A vote for Peter Obi might be a vote for IPOB. That’s my only concern with Obi’s candidacy. A genuine concern.

Are you a Northern?

Cos i suspect that this is one of the reasons a lot of northerners have not ooened up to Obi- issue of "trust".

Something that Obi and his Team need to intelligently attend to
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by JoeNL22(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:
Looking at the three most popular candidates in the forthcoming election, I can say I've never been more confused.

Was discussing with some of my guys and I won't kid myself, it's a decision for the least evil choice among the three. Sorry to say, if these are the best Nigeria has to offer again (as always), we're still in deep shit.

ATIKU
He's been an active participant in the shit we find ourselves as a country today. When that name is mentioned, what I hear is corruption and the continuation of institutionalized corruption and bad governance. He was once a VP, so he has no point to proof. He created part of the problem we're in.

BAT
Too many baggages. The fact that allegations cannot be proven does not mean they are false. It may just mean the perpetrator is to smart to cover his tracks. Plus, this man should just be resting and taking care of his health. Looks too frail. The complexity of our problems require agility. I just don't see how BAT can give even 50% of himself to the job consistently over 4 or 8 years. And I keep hearing about how he looted Lagos state dry.

PO
Looks good on paper but I can't just see any evidence of historical performance except vague statistics. They said he transformed Anambra. If today's Anambra
is the transformed version and the standard for performance, all hope may be lost. And again, I'm weary of the 2015 rhetorics of "never-do-wrong, ultimate solution to all our problems" that made Buhari president. I'm also not just comfortable rooting for the same candidate as Igbos, their sympathizers and people who didn't wish Nigeria well but all of a sudden are interested in the country. Seem to me there's an ulterior motive (whether PO is aware ot not). I just don't want to help them gain power by contributing my vote- whatever the motive.

Here is my dilemma and some of the real issues to be discussed when campaigning for your candidates instead of the ethno-religious nonsense that is plaguing us as a nation. The standard is so low to the point that our expectations are pathetic. Our best candidates are just a bunch of people from the same stock.
Bro.....let me decide for you.
And they say a picture is worth more than a thousand words. Hence see my pictures.

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by nameo: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2022
kingthreat:

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this forum. It is good to realize that there exists unprejudiced people who are neither ready to believe political gimmicks nor torn between ethnic-religious lines. All the present top candidates for the 2023 elections are rogues. In a lawful Nigeria, they will either be serving or have served jail terms making them disqualified for the office of the presidency.

The man in the picture was my expectation to run for presidency. He was GEJ's minister of Agriculture and excelled. As head of AFDB, he has been excelling and constantly making grounds. When he was investigated by the West for corruption, he was found guiltless. This is someone that has worked and his achievements show not Peter Obi, who worked for 8 years and has not brought a single foreign investment to Anambra state. Nigeria lost by not fielding a candidate like Akinwunmi Adesina, Donald Duke, etc.

Please ignore those insulting you. To them neutrality is a crime, shows you why Reno comes online to complain about them all the time.

Did you just say Peter Obi did not attract forwign investments to Anambra as a Gov(cos that is the only thing you said against him in your long tirade)?

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Aldol: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2022
henryobinna:
I am never happy with anyone exhibiting hatred doe any tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria. I have never supprted that and would never support that.

If you see such call them out but I don't expect you to since you and them are one and the same if not even worse.

I was here on this very same forum pre 2015 election how APC supporters treated Igbos and anyone not supporting Buhari. It was more of let's teach the igbos a lesson, that was the very beginning of all the madness that I can remember.

Whoever made whatever beast, is not what I'm concerned with but the amount of hatred you and people like you harbor in your hearts for Igbos and why Seun allows such to continue to grow and is widely supported, even sometimes these hatred is pushed to front page. Seun should be kind to give a notice to Igbos who haven't gotten the memo if it's time for us to leave the forum for them.
Playing victim as usual. You can leave the forum , no one is forcing you to stay

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Aldol: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

Zombidients!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2022
kingthreat:
The article is clearly neutral and throws a jab on all major political candidates to highlight their flaws.
How come the only bitter people who chose to insult the OP are supporters of Peter Obi?
To them, you cannot be undecided, Peter Obi is like a 2023 political Igbo jihad movement. You don't support him then we roast you. There is absolutely no difference between them and Boko Haram extremists. Exactly how they killed that poor beautiful woman for being in the army as it opposes their Biafra agitation. Something is clearly wrong.

Try harder.

2 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
Amumaigwe:

As APC national leader who claimed he brought Buhari to power, why didn't he sell those valued experience to him to enable him steer the country towards growth rather than the disaster we are into now? Are you saying that he hid the winning strategy from Buhari to make him fail in his leadership and become a ridicule to all? Please throw more light on this.

Buhari was qouted by Aisha Buhari and Rotimi Amaechi for been stubborn, not listening to anyone apart from his cabal and his brothers head by Maman Daura and also hating interference

I think if his wife of 30 years couldn't influence him, a National leader of his party cant
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by tctrills: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
amc:
A vote for Peter Obi might be a vote for IPOB. That’s my only concern with Obi’s candidacy. A genuine concern.
How do you mean? Is Obi a member of Ipob or do you just want to raise another talking point?
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by tctrills: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2022
amc:
How do you mean? Is Obi a member of Ipob or do you just want to raise another talking point? And let's stop pretending Ipob is among our top 20 problems as a nation. If our economy was good, do you think anyone would have time for Ipob?
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by henryobinna(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2022
Aldol:

Playing victim as usual. You can leave the forum , no one is forcing you to stay
I cannot leave the forum for one random guy when the owner of the forum whom I take serious has not told me to.

Look at my profile I've been registered and active on this forum for almost a decade, but you want me to leave the forum for someone (you) who haven't been on the forum for upto a month.

Pre 2015 election and two years before it, Nairaland was a much saner place where smart and reasonable people engaging on the forum. But look what the forum is filled with, things like you and others. It's a shame.

About playing a victim, you might want to remind me what section of my post is incorrect.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by toneroforever(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:
Looking at the three most popular candidates in the forthcoming election, I can say I've never been more confused.

Was discussing with some of my guys and I won't kid myself, it's a decision for the least evil choice among the three. Sorry to say, if these are the best Nigeria has to offer again (as always), we're still in deep shit.

ATIKU
He's been an active participant in the shit we find ourselves as a country today. When that name is mentioned, what I hear is corruption and the continuation of institutionalized corruption and bad governance. He was once a VP, so he has no point to proof. He created part of the problem we're in.

BAT
Too many baggages. The fact that allegations cannot be proven does not mean they are false. It may just mean the perpetrator is to smart to cover his tracks. Plus, this man should just be resting and taking care of his health. Looks too frail. The complexity of our problems require agility. I just don't see how BAT can give even 50% of himself to the job consistently over 4 or 8 years. And I keep hearing about how he looted Lagos state dry.

PO
Looks good on paper but I can't just see any evidence of historical performance except vague statistics. They said he transformed Anambra. If today's Anambra
is the transformed version and the standard for performance, all hope may be lost. And again, I'm weary of the 2015 rhetorics of "never-do-wrong, ultimate solution to all our problems" that made Buhari president. I'm also not just comfortable rooting for the same candidate as Igbos, their sympathizers and people who didn't wish Nigeria well but all of a sudden are interested in the country. Seem to me there's an ulterior motive (whether PO is aware ot not). I just don't want to help them gain power by contributing my vote- whatever the motive.

Here is my dilemma and some of the real issues to be discussed when campaigning for your candidates instead of the ethno-religious nonsense that is plaguing us as a nation. The standard is so low to the point that our expectations are pathetic. Our best candidates are just a bunch of people from the same stock.

We like deceiving ourselves in this country. A lot of the folks who voted PMB in 2015 knew about his antecedents (gross violation of human rights, wreckage of the economy with the consequent recession, religious bigotry & intolerance) yet majority of the SW & northerners voted him in only cos they wanted GEJ out cos of the insecurity & his inability to stem the tide of corruption but not really cos of the economy.
Now PMB's past records of failure was glaring which was why he kept failing elections since 2003 until BAT teamed up with him & rebranded him as a reformed democrat . Those who were shouting "sai baba" back then knew about his glaring deficiencies but defended them not because PMB was competent but because they wanted to be in power at all cost.

PO isn't a saint and we ain't looking for any. Want we r simply looking for is someone with a sound knowledge of the economy who can pragmatically manage it while laying the foundation for growth and development.

Bros OP,let me shock u & some compatriots, the next election is a straight fight btw the political elite & the masses. It is a struggle for the soul of this nation. The elite manipulate the poor masses.They have already weaponized hunger & deploy it against u during elections. That's why folks can sell their votes for 5000 (now I heard it's gone up to 10,000). D masses r being used as pawn in a chess game.
After elections, any voter who sold his vote has no moral right to demand for good governance.

2 Likes

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Aldol: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
henryobinna:
I cannot leave the forum for one random guy when the owner of the forum whom I take serious has not told me to.

Look at my profile I've been registered and active on this forum for almost a decade, but you want me to leave the forum for someone (you) who haven't been on the forum for upto a month.

Pre 2015 election and two years before it, Nairaland was a much saner place where smart and reasonable people engaging on the forum. But look what the forum is filled with, things like you and others. It's a shame.

About playing a victim, you might want to remind me what section of my post is incorrect.
Then don't blackmail Seun... Do ur thing
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2022
Aldol:
OP let me start like this, as is stands now if you are given a choice to relocate to Anambra or Lagos,I know you will settle for lagos for obvious reasons
Ok now, Peter Obi may be prudent in spending as claimed( people very close to him said he is stingy) , he wouldn't fit well for a president but maybe economic minister or thereabout. Presidency is beyond cramming comparative analysis of different countries, the emergence of Peter Obi will always make his kinsmen go haywire because of their extremely religious and tribal intolerance. Mark my word, Nigeria will always boil if Peter emerges president( because of his kinsmen), killings and counter killings will be the order of the day, moreover there will be extreme inflation and many fake products( owing to their brother in power). You dare not complain, when you do they will shut you up that their brother is in power,I hope you know what I mean( Just travel to any southeastern states and see the extremely high cost if living for evidence)
Now back to Tinubu, forget all the media hogwash to discredit him , he is detribalized, sound upstairs, experienced, global and what have you.One good thing is Tinubu always employs technocrats to work for him(evidence is when he was a governor In Lagos). They said he is not healthy yet within a space of a week he travelled to four states working, attending meetings, campaigning etc Dont blame Tinubu for picking Shetima a Muslim, he did to win votes as politics is about calculation. Those condemning Muslim Muslim ticket knew this but they pretend like they don't. Go to their region, they only had Christian- Christian governors and deputies from inception .They claimed he forced Buhari on Nigerians, is it now a crime to support a candidate, they never liked Buhari probably because he is a Muslim,that's up to them but no one knew Buhari will underperform and Tinubu is coming to address those challenges.
As for Atiku,I don't really know well about him but I think he is not to be trusted...Gracias

You guys are very pathetic. You run down my own candidate and accuse me of intolerance when I give you a reciprocal response more in intensity and fierceness about your own candidate.
It appears the new strategy of the BAT think-tank is to come up with this emotional blackmail that you hooe would put Obidients on defence. Report back to your central command that it ain't working.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by henryobinna(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2022
Aldol:

Then don't blackmail Seun... Do ur thing
There's not a single sign of blackmail.

The amount of hate is too much.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

I have residency in UAE and UK and all of my family are in UK , US has residency or active Visa including my Old folks so you words don't move me

I am not comparing economies of UK and Nigeria... I am comparing your toxic behaviour and negative campaign to what is obtainable in other climes where sensible people engage in constructive arguments without name calling

Perhaps Nigeria is a mess for you because you have neglected your civic responsibility for far too long only to wake up in 2022 hypocritically forcing a failed project Obi who has no visible projects in Anambra on us

APC is the architect of name calling. Go back to 2015 threads and remember who invented intolerance and name calling in our polity. We have learnt how to put you urchins on your toes. As for whether any one is damaging Obi chances, that is hogwash. Did cyber bully by APC against Goodluck damage their chances? Look into the mirror and laugh at your fly.

Moreover, neither Obi nor his followers are desperate to secure the presidency like your principals. So get lost
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Epurogonogono(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2022
I don't know why you are linking Obi to IPOB. Is it because he's Igbo?
IPOB has made a statement that they are not connected to Peter Obi. Has Peter Obi ever supported IPOB??

Anyway, I hope you don't become sentimental when casting your votes. I hope you vote for who you think is the best man.

PS: If the country was working as it should be working, trust me, nobody would support secession and leave what is good to go for the uncertain.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by xeonsystems: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2022
Atikulator have forgotten

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

In this same thread, some Peter Obi's supporters have addressed the issue you raised with civility and decorum. Unfortunately, one or two have tainted their comments with abuses.

You ignored the ones that commented with civility and have focused on the few with abuses.

I have been an advocate for decorum on all sides. Unfortunately, we still see abusive comments on all sides of the political divide. All the supporters of the 3 main candidates are guilty but some people find it convenient to single out Peter Obi's supporters. People have different control over their emotions.

Anyway, we're voting the candidates and not their supporters. Supporters are mobile. A supporter of Tinubu today may switch to become a Peter Obi supporter tomorrow, and vice versa.

All over the world, candidates judged on their own merit and not on the behaviour of their supporters. The attempt to judge Peter Obi based on the behaviour of his supporters does not make sense and it can not fly.

Don't be seduced by their new found strategy: slow down Obi supporters using emotional blackmail by accusing them of intolerance, while doing much more damaging activities to Obi than Obi supporters do to their candidates.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Superwave16320:
Your first paragraph is very true if one chose to be unbiased sincerely but that's because Peter Obi spent a lot on propaganda covering his looting spree and various fraud, I will leave it at that.

If Nigeria is indeed in a dire situation financially Peter Obi as not shown any competence in financing expecting saving money which as been debunked by Obiano cos he owed more than he saved.

Economy - Now how do you rate Tinubu raising a IGR of less than 500 million yearly to 11 billion yearly before leaving office n leaving Lagos with a machinery that that grew it into a trillion yearly.

How do you rate Tinubu taking Lagos that was littered with dead body on the road with rickety Molue all over to the 4 largest economy in Africa today. Does that not count for anything ?

Security - What about security with RRS being the best police union in the whole of Nigeria today which every living so can attest to without any debate.

Education google millennium schools to know the type of school Tinubu built way back 1999 n compare to Atiku or Obi. Tinubu is the first governor to return missionary school to the churches.

Health Google free Bola Gigi to understand no matter how insignificant health is wealth. Today Lagos state hospital is the only hospital thag rival m compete favourable with federal hospital.

I can go on n on, see Tinubu is not my candidate n yes I dislike him for many things but between Tinubu Atiku n Obi no matter how you slice n dice it so long you chose to be rational Tinubu will always be on top by a wide margin. I am yet to talk waste management, job creation, infrastructure development, human capital development etc all which Tinubu should earn a leading margin at no matter how you dice it.

How do you rate this:

See what Tinubu collects from Lagos State government since leaving office in 2007 by the law passed by him as governor:

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But See what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

Am just exposing your mind to see the truth. It is now your decision to make and to convince others.
Use your reasoning. Vote and support wisely.

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2022
3ple9iner:

Bro tell your self the truth Peter Obi can't be compared to Tinubu in terms of achievements.
I am not hear to campaign for Tinubu but if we look on their achievements, Peter Obi can't stand.

If he can stand it he won't be using the fact if his savings and investments alone.

I know people would want to bring the talk of Nigeria being developed as a federal capital but I can confidently say that were I grew up, it was part of Ogun state but Tinubu project is there. See Tinubu project are the true go an verify because you don't need someone to tell you, you just have to go to the location and see for yourself.

Yes Fashola did well even surpassed Tinubu but he met a foundation. The Ambode roads you are talking about, the two roads in did in my area are nothing to write home about and I know some other locations too were they have gone bad what about the cleaner Lagos initiative he brought up it is the architect of dirty Lagos.

Yes Ambode did his best and I admire some of his projects but he took Lagos backwards by not continuing projects he met.

I won't say Tinubu developed Lagos, but I would say he layed a solid foundation of Today's Lagos.

I hope you read this in a. neutral mind.

Cure your ignorance:

*PETER OBI RELEASES HIS FULL PROFILE AS MORE NIGERIANS PREVAIL ON HIM TO RUN FOR PRESIDENCY*

NAME : Mr. Peter Gregory OBI, (CON).

CONTACT DETAILS

*22 Niger Drive, GRA, Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria
*Tel: 08034051000
*E-mail: poanambra@gmail.com

DATE OF BIRTH : 19th July 1961,

PLACE OF BIRTH: Onitsha, Nigeria

NATIONALITY: Nigerian

MARITAL STATUS: Married with two children

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

PREVIOUS POSITIONS

· Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)

· Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)

· Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)

· Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)

· Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)

. Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

· Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS

· Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)

· Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers

· Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)

MEMBERSHIP OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEES

In my capacity as the Governor of Anambra State, I served as a member of:

*Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage

*Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy

*Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit

*Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource

*National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform

*National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds

*National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export

*Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council

*Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria

*National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector

AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS

2015: Golden Jubilee Award from Catholic Diocese of Onitsha for outstanding contribution to quality healthcare delivery in St. Charles Borromeo Hospital in particular and Anambra State in general, on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the hospital.

*2014: Nigerian Library Association Golden Merit Award for remarkable improvement of libraries in Anambra State, exemplified by our Government's construction of the Kenneth Dike Digital State Library, remarkable upgrade of the Onitsha Divisional Library, and provision of library facilities in secondary schools across the State.

*2014: Champion Newspaper Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade.

* 2014 The Voice Newspaper (Holand) Achievers Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance.

*2013: Silver Bird Man of the Year (with Governor BabatundeFashola of Lagos State).

*2012: Business Hallmark Newspaper Man of the Year.

*2012: The Golden Award on Prudence – by the Methodist Church of Nigeria as the Most
Financially Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

* 2012: Leadership and Good Governance Award by The Ezeife Leadership Foundation Award for restoring peace and harmony to Anambra State.

* 2012: Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria – by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

* 2012: Outstanding Financial Planner and Manager – by the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion for my resourcefulness and creativity in governance.

*2011: Zik Leadership Prize.

*2010: ICT Governor of the Year – by the West Africa ICT Development Award.

*2009: Champion Newspaper Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor Award.

*2009: Thisday Newspaper Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

*2007: The Sun Newspaper Man of the Year Award.

**The Nigerian MDGs Office/UNDP Best Governor in the Implementation of the MDGs in Nigeria

INTRODUCTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL AND OTHER MAJOR CHANGES IN NIGERIAN POLITICS

*He was the first gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria to legally challenge to its logical conclusion, his governorship electoral victory that was denied him. He won in the Courts and reclaimed his mandate.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to legally challenge his wrongful impeachment and was reinstated by the Courts.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to seek the interpretation of tenures of Governors when INEC allowed elections to take place in Anambra State when his tenure had not expired; the election already concluded was cancelled and he was allowed to complete his tenure.

*He was the first Governor to serve a 2nd term in both the new and old Anambra State, that is, almost 40 years after creation of the State.

*He was the first Governor, whilst still in Office, to be appointed a Special Adviser to the President.

*He was the first serving Governor to be appointed into the Presidential Economic Management Team.

*He was among the first Governors to be honoured with a National Award in 2011, while still in office.

*Though the only Governor whose political party was in government in only one State, he was elected Vice-Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum twice.

*Though the only non-PDP Governor in the South-East (made up of 5 States), he was elected by the other 4 PDP Governors as their Chairman for 8 years rather than the usual one year.

FUNDAMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE (PARTIAL LISTING)

1. Anambra was the first State to commence Sub-Sovereign Wealth savings, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. At a time many other Governors were leaving huge debts, I left the equivalent of $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds.

2. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries such as United Stated, Britain, Russia, European Union, South Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others, visited the State. Before my tenure, Anambra was practically a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international development partners.

3. Development partners such as UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank, DFID, the European Union etc., which hitherto were not in Anambra State started working with the State. Anambra was consistently adjudged one of the best states in development partnership and commitment to reforms for good governance.

4. He was recognised as Best Governor by the Millennium Development Goals Office (OSSAP-MDGs) and the UNDP in the implementation of their programmes in Nigeria.

5. The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as the least indebted state in Nigeria. In spite of visible and measurable achievements recorded in various sectors, the State under him did not borrow or raise bonds for her various projects.

6. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria rated Anambra State as the most financially stable state in the country.

7. The State's ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners - Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One in National Examination Council (NECO) and West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for three consecutive years. This made the World Bank to commission a study, led by the renowned Prof. Paul Collier of Oxford University, on this revolutionary partnership and phenomenal achievement.

8. The State also entered into strategic partnership with the Churches in the Health sector. This symbiotic relationship resulted in a tremendous boost to health care because of the services offered by health institutions owned by Voluntary Agencies, while the State restored grants to the agencies and made available to them more than 50 million Dollars in various types of support.

10. Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

11. His Government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (1 Million dollars) as the best-performing state in immunisation in the South-East. With complementary funding from our Government, they used the money to build 10 Maternal and Child Care Centres across the State, particularly in rural communities, in partnership with the Churches.

12. The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

13. Anambra State Government provided Microsoft Academies to more than 500 secondary schools, which the Head of Microsoft in Nigeria (Mr. Ken Span) described as the biggest such deployment in Africa so far.

14. The State provided Internet access to more than 500 secondary schools, which the CEO of Galaxy Backbone (Mr. Gerald Ilukwe) characterized as incomparable to any in the country.

15. More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.

16. Boreholes were provided in schools all over the State.

17. Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.

18 As part of the efforts to turn around the economy of the State, a number of companies were attracted to build their facilities in the Anambra State. A case in point is SABMiller, the 2nd largest brewery in the world, which built their first Green Field facility in the State, which is today one of the most successful facilities they operate globally.

19. A number of other companies followed the SABMiller initiative and were all supported and encouraged under our Government; a good example is INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, from which our government bought more than 1,000 vehicles.

20. Anambra State for the first time started close collaboration with recognized government security agencies (the Police, Army, Navy, Department of State Security, Civil Defence, among others), offering them various types of support including provision of more than 500 security vehicles. The improvement in security was phenomenal, such that the former IG of Police (Abubakar Mohammed) lauded Anambra State for not witnessing any bank robbery in my last three years in office.

21. To further enhance security, Anambra State provided at least one security vehicle to each of all the 177 communities in the State as well as various organizations such as markets and Churches.

22. His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

23. His Government commenced the planned development of the Igbariam Campus of the ChukwuemekaOdumegwu-Ojukwu University, including the fencing, construction of internal roads, electrification, construction of the Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of Agriculture, Management Building, among others).

24. His Government attracted the World Bank support on erosion - National Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) - to Anambra State.

25. His Government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria, as a guide for the effective implementation of our poverty-alleviation strategies.

26 His Government, for the first time, undertook the aerial mapping of Awka as well as the production of Structure Plans for Awka Capital Territory, Onitsha and Nnewi.

27. During his tenure and with his Government's support, Anambra State became an oil producing State.

28. He built the first Secretariat Complex to house State Government Ministries that were hitherto scattered around the State.

29. His government commenced the development of the 'Three Arms Zone' comprising Government House/Governor’s Lodge, Legislative Building/Speakers Residence, and Judiciary Building with Chief Judge’s Residence.

30. By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation; when we took off in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly accredited.

31. Anambra State was the first to undergo national peer review, which scrutinised State Governments for good governance, through the State Peer Review Mechanism (SPRM), an initiative of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the DFID.

-
Do you want to see Peter Obi run for the office of the President?
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by kingthreat(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2022
nameo:

Did you just say Peter Obi did not attract forwign investments to Anambra as a Gov(cos that is the only thing you said against him in your long tirade)?

I was about all the candidates not Peter Obi alone. You people are so bitter.
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Moh247: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

That's the Intels generating revenue for Nigeria.

Jointly owned by the two names u mentioned.
I can't even mentioned their names because the mod will delete my post, we kno who this forum is working for.

The owner of this site boldly supports Osinbajo and never hides his preference and he would never block you for supporting PO

I have been on this site as APC supporter and never have I gotten intimidated by the mods, and some of them don't likeAPC

That been cleared

Just like Obi also said Tax avoidance and Tax evasion are two different things

INTELs was doing the same Obi did with his Chams and Next Investment by maximising profit and declaring low tax or avoiding tax

In the case of INTELS they were remmiting far lower than what they should remit

As much as this is fraud it's is far better than Obi running an offshore account and company to hide his assets
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by nameo: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2022
kingthreat:

I was about all the candidates not Peter Obi alone. You people are so bitter.

I asked you a question, how is that bitterness?
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by kingthreat(m): 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
nameo:

I asked you a question, how is that bitterness?

Abeg leave me alone before you start threatening my family like you all are doing to Reno

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Lindner: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Epurogonogono:
I don't know why you are linking Obi to IPOB. Is it because he's Igbo?
IPOB has made a statement that they are not connected to Peter Obi. Has Peter Obi ever supported IPOB??

Anyway, I hope you don't become sentimental when casting your votes. I hope you vote for who you think is the best man.

PS: If the country was working as it should be working, trust me, nobody would support secession and leave what is good to go for the uncertain.

Thought I should correct this.

My post specifically stated my discomfort in being in the same bucket with Igbos and their sympathizers who didn't wish Nigeria well but suddenly love the Country so much. It's definitely not for the love of the country. I went ahead to state there may be ulterior motives whether PO is aware or not.

If I had proofs that boko haram members are promoting a particular candidate, I would say the same of that candidate. Perhaps because boko haram members are not as active on social media as Igbos. In the case of Igbos, we know their frontliners and we know who they're promoting. You wouldn't need to work too hard on facebook and Twitter to find this out .
I didn't make any comments because of PO's ethnicity or religion. It's unfortunate that we've reduced every discussion to ethnicity and religion. Every conversion quickly degenerates into ethno-religious clashes.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by nameo: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
kingthreat:

Abeg leave me alone before you start threatening my family like you all are doing to Reno

Aiit....bye
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by Amumaigwe: 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
Moh247:

Zombidients!!!

Empty as usual. Frustrated BATs
Re: PO, BAT, ATIKU- Some Of Us Are Undecided. by lilkech(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lindner:

Thought I should correct this.

My post specifically stated my discomfort in being in the same bucket with Igbos and their sympathizers who didn't wish Nigeria well but suddenly love the Country so much. It's definitely not for the love of the country. I went ahead to state there may be ulterior motives whether PO is aware or not.

If I had proofs that boko haram members are promoting a particular candidate, I would say the same of that candidate. Perhaps because boko haram members are not as active on social media as Igbos. In the case of Igbos, we know their frontliners and we know who they're promoting. You wouldn't need to work too hard on facebook and Twitter to find this out .
I didn't make any comments because of PO's ethnicity or religion. It's unfortunate that we've reduced every discussion to ethnicity and religion. Every conversion quickly degenerates into ethno-religious clashes.

Just my opinion.

If at this stage in this nation's polity you are still undecided on who to vote for then I suggest you sit at home on election day and not vote anybody.

It is better to not vote at all than to go out and vote in the wrong person as a leader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Zambian Ex-President, Others Grace Kumuyi Global Crusade Launch / Photos Of Peter Obi Commissioning Projects (pictures) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.