Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest (47372 Views)

Dr. Maduka Commiserates With Ike Ekweremadu Over Death Of Brother / Okorocha Absent As Buhari Meets With Ekweremadu, South-East Governors (Photos) / EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by dre11(m): 8:48am On Jul 23, 2022
A London based medical doctor has joined Senator Ike Ekweremadu and wife, Beatrice, in the dock in the United Kingdom (UK) over alleged plot to harvest the kidney of a homeless Nigerian.

Obinna Obeta, 50, of Hillbeck Close, Southwark, southeast London, appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on 13 July, accused of conniving with the Ekweremadus to arrange for the travel of Ukpo Nwamini David (21) from Nigeria to the UK.

Obeta is also alleged to have conspired with the former Deputy Senate President to arrange or facilitate the travel of David with a view to exploiting him via organ harvesting.

The charges come under the Modern Slavery Act, according to The Mail of London.

Prosecutors claim the Ekweremadus planned to have David’s kidney removed so it could be given to their daughter.

David is said to have refused to consent to the procedure after undergoing tests at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, north-west London.

The prosecutors are also accusing the Ekweremadus of treating David as a slave before he escaped and went to Staines police station in Surrey.

The couple were arrested at Heathrow Airport on June 21 after arriving on a flight from Turkey and appeared at the Old Bailey today for a bail hearing.

The couple denied wrongdoing or that there was a criminal conspiracy, and claim no exploitation occurred.

Prosecutor Tim Probert-Wood said previously that the case involved ‘exploitation and the harvesting of an organ.’

David had, on 5 May, 2022, presented himself at Staines Police Station alleging he was transported to the UK for the purpose of his kidney being removed.

He arrived in London on 20th February 2022 and was taken to Royal Free Hospital where tests were conducted.

“For the purpose he was there he did not consent to the taking of his kidney,” the prosecutor said.

“He returned to the house he was staying and his treatment changed dramatically.

“He described being treated effectively as a slave.”

Ike and Beatrice were arrested in the UK on 21 June after flying in to Heathrow from Turkey.

Martin Hicks, QC, defending Ike, has said: ‘We deny that there was any exploitation or any intent to do so.

‘The argument will be factual denial.’All three defendants, who are in custody, are due to appear at the Old Bailey on August 4.

https://thenationonlineng.net/uk-doctor-charged-for-conniving-with-ekweremadu-over-kidney-harvest/

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Toneypen247(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2022
Welcome to a country where the rule of works. smiley

You might need my signature assistance below...kindly send a dm.

71 Likes

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by WibusJaga: 8:53am On Jul 23, 2022

Better country where nobody is above the law of the land irrespective of your status in society. Nothing like "Do You Know Who I Am?" when arrested.
Most of the crimes we get away with here, will land you in jail over there.

335 Likes 23 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by PlayerMeji: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Oyinbo and their lopsided story..

6 Likes 10 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Papichulostunne(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2022
DUNCAN MIGHTY FEAT. DAVID...

EKWEREbuMADU... The way you dey do me me i no Gbadu.. EH.!!

EKWEREbuMADU... The way you dey do me me i no Gbadu.. OH.!!

Go GBADU - GO GBADU - GO GBADU... EHH.!!

grin grin grin

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by ajailer(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2022
The matter still never finish?
Jail time loading for this couple.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2022
UK and their subtle racist attitudes. I can bet that there may be other white doctors who may have attended to the Ekweremadus in the process, but if by chance there is a Nigerian amongst them (even if he has lived and practiced in the UK all his life), they will find a way to single him out and rope him into the accusation. That's how they do.

82 Likes 17 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Commentor: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Obinna Obeta.

Na dem.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by ifedubris: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2022
cheesy problems

2 Likes

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by jlinkd78(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle truly
This Ekwerem.adu saga is now having a life of it's own d way things are going

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Commentor: 9:16am On Jul 23, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Oyinbo and their lopsided story..

What's lopsided about the story?

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by hisgrace090: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2022
WibusJaga:

Better country wey nobody is above the law of the land irrespective of your status in society. Nothing like "Do You Know Who I Am?" when arrested.
Most of the crimes we get away with here, will land you in jail over there.

It is only possible where responsible men leads not bandits and ritualists.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Commentor: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2022
plusfield:
UK and their subtle racist attitudes. I can bet that there may be other white doctors who may have attended to the Ekweremadus in the process, but if by chance there is a Nigerian amongst them (even if he has lived and practiced in the UK all his life), they will find a way to single him out and rope him into the accusation. That's how they do.

He was charged with arranging or facilitating travel of another person with a view to exploitation and conspiring together with Ike Ekweremadu to arrange or facilitate the travel of another person with a view to exploitation

If it was Nigeria, you would claim he's being victimized for being igbo.

Una no dey tire?

175 Likes 19 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Aidejay(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2022
There is always an insider.
I repeat,
for every crime and criminality ever conceived
THERE IS ALWAYS AN "INSIDER".

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Aidejay(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2022
Commentor:

He was charged with arranging or facilitating travel of another person with a view to exploitation and conspiring together with Ike Ekweremadu to arrange or facilitate the travel of another person with a view to exploitation

Una no dey tire?
If it was Nigeria, they'd have white washed Ike Ekweremadu, by now he would have become Saint Ekweremadu, only Jesus would be more righteous.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Moferere: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Creamypie(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2022
Thank God na Europe this matter happened. Thank God for creating white man

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Minime10(f): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Like play, like play, Ike Ekweremadu don spend more than a month now in detention grin

67 Likes 11 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Onuigbodabere: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Ekweremadu may be reaping the evil seeds he had sown over the years.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2022
Commentor:

Una no dey tire?

I am telling you from a point of knowledge. You're speaking from ignorance. Let me give you a real live example. A patient spent some weeks in a UK hospital and died later. The relevant authority decided to investigate and sanction any doctor that was found complicit or negligent in the death. The patient was seen by over 7 doctors while in admission, one of them being a Nigerian. It was the case note of the Nigerian doctor that they kept investigating over and over, looking for what to find wrong. And they has hope that If hey found any, they will close the case and hammer sanctions on him.
As for Ekweremadu, we all saw that he wrote to the UK high commission, clearly spelling out why visa was being sought for the guy and it was approved. Did you see the UK authorities prosecuting their people at the high commission? And also, such a process will involve a lot of medical referral. Do you in your bigoted mind think it's only this doctor that happens to be a Nigerian that was in the process.
When I saw the headline, I didnt even need to read the news to know that the guy that has been slammed must be a Nigerian

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Commentor: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2022
plusfield:

I am telling you from a point of knowledge. You're speaking from ignorance. Let me give you a real live example. A patient spent some weeks in a UK hospital and died later. The relevant authority decided to investigate and sanction any doctor that was found complicit or negligent in the death. The patient was seen by over 7 doctors while in admission, one of them being a Nigerian. It was the case note of the Nigerian doctor that they kept investigating over and over, looking for what to find wrong. And they has hope that If hey found any, they will close the case and hammer sanctions on him.
As for Ekweremadu, we all saw that he wrote to the UK high commission, clearly spelling out why visa was being sought for the guy and it was approved. Did you see the UK authorities prosecuting their people at the high commission? And also, such a process will involve a lot of medical referral. Do you in your bigoted mind think it's only this doctor that happens to be a Nigerian that was in the process.
When I saw the headline, I didnt even need to read the news to know that the guy that has been slammed must be a Nigerian

You write with a lot of prejudice and it is exactly why till the end of time, your people would always be victims.

Stop the bullshitting.

UK is not Nigeria where you go about breaking the law.

Ekweremadu and Obeta are finished.

Know this and know peace.

110 Likes 13 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Almaigaa: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2022
The so called "IGBO Billionaires" none of them is clean grin

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by iCauseTrouble: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2022
sad
Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by tillaman(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2022
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by Juanmike(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Ekweremmadu is in dip

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by iamyemiakins(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2022
E be like say Ekweremadu go still tey for there o

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by nairavsdollars(f): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Stop the nonsense orgab harvesting thing. Nobody is harvesting any organ

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by MuslimIgbo: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Osù ALUSI IPOB JEW PIG

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest by dyera(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Never agree to help the wicked carry out their evil act, if you do, when it's time for them to be punished, you will be punished along with them.

As for the guy below me, someone should help me tell him to stop posting graphic photos on Nairaland first page.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Justice Department Issues Statement On Atiku Abubakar’s Alleged Criminal Case / PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.