Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare (2018 Views)

Wike: Vote my Candidate as President, save my Political career / Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) / Only My Candidate Can Win Bayelsa Gov’ship Under PDP — Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by press9jatv: 9:42am On Jul 23, 2022
Pastor Tunde Bakare, the General Overseer of Citadel Global Community Church, has rebutted the claims that he has endorsed Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate for the 2023 election.

He also said he never criticised the Christian Association of Nigeria for condemning the Muslim-Muslim ticket of the APC.

In a post on his Facebook page, Bakare said; “My attention has been drawn to the viral but concocted and ridiculous statements credited to me, by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), to force a weak candidate on APC.

“In addition to this, I was alleged to have said that CAN wanted to lure APC into presenting a weak candidate. The spurious writers also alleged that I stressed that Christians are righteous people who behave like Christ, and that CAN are politicians who behave like PDP.

“As if the poorly strewn lies were not enough, I was quoted as saying that Tinubu is my candidate. Isn’t this the same Tinubu that I announced to all and sundry at the APC Presidential Convention that I was not stepping down for? He has suddenly become my candidate!

“I wish to state unequivocally that the statements are absolute lies. There was nowhere I granted anyone any interview, or preached on any platform, where I said the ludicrous statements. I challenge anyone who is in possession of the video or audio file of the statements to please put it in the public space.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I am a nation builder who will not in any way create real or imaginary division among the people of our great country, through the medium of political parties or religion.

“I therefore use this medium to ask everyone to disregard the alleged statements. The statements are not mine, and do not in any way represent my position. This is part of the lying propaganda of the mischievous ones seeking approval by deceit and at all costs. If the peddlers of this deliberate falsehood don’t desist from their highly condemnable acts, they will definitely have their day in court. Enough is enough“.

https://witnessngr.com/tinubu-is-not-my-candidate-bakare/?fbclid=IwAR0DMmqYOHjQy4BvWMGENnd9xdhu1LQvPcu_SauyZsBz9JBCal-9zYdCvsQ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by press9jatv: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Now that Pastor Tunde Bakare has distanced himself from APC rumour, APC members will soon be attacking him.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by ifedubris: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Every right thinking person had better openly dissociate from this man because his personal ambitions consumes this Nation! How can a person be so insensitive to the bitterness and division that has plagued us for 8 years and still campaigning to us, hiring fake bishops is the least of Bat's atrocities actually. He will hear from Nigerians at the polls

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by press9jatv: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Absolute lies; if I can't step down for Tinubu in the primaries, how would I endorse him now? - Pastor Bakare

REFUTAL: THE STATEMENTS CREDITED TO ME ARE OUTRIGHT LIES - PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE

My attention has been drawn to the viral but concorted and ridiculous statements credited to me, by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, to force a weak candidate on APC. In addition to this, I was alleged to have said that CAN wanted to lure APC into presenting a weak candidate. The spurious writers also alleged that I stressed that Christians are righteous people who behave like Christ, and that CAN are politicians who behave like PDP. As if the poorly strewn lies were not enough, I was quoted as saying that Tinubu is my candidate. Isn't this the same Tinubu that I announced to all and sundry at the APC Presidential Convention that I was not stepping down for? He has suddenly become my candidate!

I wish to state unequivocally that the statements are absolute lies. There was no where I granted anyone any interview, or preached on any platform, where I said the ludicrous statements. I challenge anyone who is in possession of the video or audio file of the statements to please put it in the public space.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am a nation builder who will not in any way create real or imaginary division among the people of our great country, through the medium of political parties or religion.

I therefore use this medium to ask everyone to disregard the alleged statements. The statements are not mine, and do not in any way represent my position. This is part of the lying propaganda of the mischievous ones seeking approval by deceit and at all costs. If the peddlers of this deliberate falsehood don't desist from their highly condemnable acts, they will definitely have their day in court. Enough is enough.

*Pastor Tunde Bakare*

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Moferere: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Hahaha
Even you, Pastor Tunde SAKAbula?

grin
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by press9jatv: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Bakare recalled announcing that he was not stepping down for Tinubu, at APC convention, wondering how the former Lagos governor has suddenly become his candidate

By Emma Ogbuehi

General Overseer (GO) of Citadel Global Community Church formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has put a lie to claims in some quarters that he is backing the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate for 2023 elections, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Bakare who made the declaration in a statement debunking insinuations that he was working at cross purposes with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on the contentious Muslim-Muslim ticket by Tinubu and his running mate, Kashim Shettima, which CAN has strongly oppose, recalled that he announced publicly at the APC Presidential Convention that he was not stepping down for Tinubu, wondering how the former Lagos state governor, has suddenly become his candidate.

He dismissed the allegations of criticizing CAN and endorsing Tinubu as absolute lies by spurious writers.

READ ALSO:

Tunde Bakare and limits of unfounded assertions

The statement reads:

The statements credited to me are outright lies

“My attention has been drawn to the viral but concocted and ridiculous statements credited to me, by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), to force a weak candidate on APC.

“In addition to this, I was alleged to have said that CAN wanted to lure APC into presenting a weak candidate. The spurious writers also alleged that I stressed that Christians are righteous people who behave like Christ, and that CAN are politicians who behave like PDP.

“As if the poorly strewn lies were not enough, I was quoted as saying that Tinubu is my candidate. Isn’t this the same Tinubu that I announced to all and sundry at the APC Presidential Convention that I was not stepping down for? He has suddenly become my candidate!

“I wish to state unequivocally that the statements are absolute lies. There was nowhere I granted anyone any interview, or preached on any platform, where I said the ludicrous statements. I challenge anyone who is in possession of the video or audio file of the statements to please put it in the public space.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I am a nation builder who will not in any way create real or imaginary division among the people of our great country, through the medium of political parties or religion.

“I therefore use this medium to ask everyone to disregard the alleged statements. The statements are not mine, and do not in any way represent my position. This is part of the lying propaganda of the mischievous ones seeking approval by deceit and at all costs. If the peddlers of this deliberate falsehood don’t desist from their highly condemnable acts, they will definitely have their day in court. Enough is enough“.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by IntelChief: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2022
Who then is your preferred candidate?

This man should have departed APC in shame long ago if he is truly serious. If he chooses to remain, am afraid that in the next primary election, his votes might be reading in minus ( - )
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Conrod: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2022
Everybody is distancing them selves from this sinking ship,....from the original tinubu family to former friends and allies,....God forbid BAT thing.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by popez: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2022
When all is said and done. Tinubu might be left with Mc Oluomo, Shettima and Boko Haram terrorists as the only remaining members of APC.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2022
Any human being who have seen all the lies and deceit from the Tinubu camp and still believe he will be a good president has an underlying premodal sentiment like tribalism, nepotism or religious bigotry fuelling his or her reasoning. Nothing more

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by ImDStar: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2022
See Naira today, only a cursed person would support this useless APC government to return.

Buhari said you should vote for Tinubu to continue where he stopped.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Blackfire(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2022
Yoruba people and lies eeeehhh

Which one do we believe
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Ayed44: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2022
Why are this people desperate for endorsement? I thought they said Christians votes don't matter?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Advocate500: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2022
This hypocrite should abeg ,you criticise the mischievous statement without telling us your portion on the issue? Who is deceiving who,this hypocrite should not be taken seriously.
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by MadeInTokyo: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2022
grin grin
Tinubu can't win this election...This is the cold hard fact ...even rigging can't save him from defeat.
There is no magic Tinubu can perform to win this election without the Christian Votes, cos his opponent Atiku Abubakar a fellow Muslim , will also get millions of Muslim Votes massively in the North in addition to millions of Christian votes Atiku (Ifeanyi Okowa Christian Vice President factor) will also get which Tinubu has automatically lost based on his same Muslim Muslim ticket.
Tinubu wins South West by slim Margin, he can no longer get block votes in the south west (million of south west christian votes already lost)
Tinubu has expected loses South East and South South woefully by outrageously large margins.
He loses North Central ( million of Christians Votes lost also)

Atiku (Majority Fulani) floors Tinubu in the North East( Shettimma is a minority Kanuri, with only Borno and Yobe are the only majority Knauri states).
North West is also not looking good for Tinubu ( Zamfara state is about falling into PDP , Yari and Marafa have pulled virtually all their men into PDP with the Defections going very week in Zamfara)
Kebbi is now PDP heart soul and spirit, all strong men of Kebbi politics have dumped Badaru the Governor and defected back to PDP.

Sokoto is unshakably PDP
Atiku will still get at least 75% of votes in states he won in 2019 and go ahead to also win some Northern States Buhari won in 2019, making Tinubu more than 8 million million Votes shy of the total votes Buhari pulled in 2019.
Tinubu has automatically lost at least over 15 million Christian votes
Atiku will win Nothing less than 10 million Muslim votes and also share millions of Christian Votes with Peter Obi.
Tinubu will not be President..quote this post
Atiku will be elected President..
quote this post
End of Discussion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Racoon(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
No sane humanity should have anything to do with the dangerous druggie - boko haram combo the satanic APC govt is presenting.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Ghester: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
I knew. T. Bakare would never support tht nonesense

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by iwaeda: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2022
press9jatv:
Pastor Tunde Bakare, the General Overseer of Citadel Global Community Church, has rebutted the claims that he has endorsed Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate for the 2023 election.

He also said he never criticised the Christian Association of Nigeria for condemning the Muslim-Muslim ticket of the APC.

In a post on his Facebook page, Bakare said; “My attention has been drawn to the viral but concocted and ridiculous statements credited to me, by some unscrupulous writers and bloggers. Amongst other things, I was quoted to have said that the agitations by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), were ploys by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), to force a weak candidate on APC.

https://witnessngr.com/tinubu-is-not-my-candidate-bakare/?fbclid=IwAR0DMmqYOHjQy4BvWMGENnd9xdhu1LQvPcu_SauyZsBz9JBCal-9zYdCvsQ

Another lie bursted grin angry grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Laggafin: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Oga pastor stop the long epistle.. very unecesary.. just tell us what your official position is or where you stand now.. fullstop
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Honjoshy4u: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2022
APC!
Going going?? Gone.
Every reasonable Nigerian must reject the bad product

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by sharpwriter(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pastor Tunde, when will God make you the president of Nigeria? After all, you always say God spoke to you that you will be the next president in every election year grin

Rumour even has it that you are the owner of the popular Èmi lókàn slogan and not Tinubu.

We are waiting for your mandate sir, your excellency grin cheesy
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by press9jatv: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
iwaeda:

Another lie bursted grin angry grin grin grin
yes soo
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by maybet081: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
The south and middle belt aswell as christians are annoyed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by kenedy175(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
A Party built on Lies and Propaganda!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Built2last: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Sunday2021: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
God bless Pastor Bakare jare. Tinubu think that lies lies and lies will win election for him.
I have already instructed the youths of my community that anybody that support Muslim Muslim ticket, his house should be burned down.
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by garfield1: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin
Tinubu can't win this election...This is the cold hard fact ...even rigging can't save him from defeat.
There is no magic Tinubu can perform to win this election without the Christian Votes, cos his opponent Atiku Abubakar a fellow Muslim , will also get millions of Muslim Votes massively in the North in addition to millions of Christian votes Atiku (Ifeanyi Okowa Christian Vice President factor) will also get which Tinubu has automatically lost based on his same Muslim Muslim ticket.
Tinubu wins South West by slim Margin, he can no longer get block votes in the south west (million of south west christian votes already lost)
Tinubu has expected loses South East and South South woefully by outrageously large margins.
He loses North Central ( million of Christians Votes lost also)

Atiku (Majority Fulani) floors Tinubu in the North East( Shettimma is a minority Kanuri, with only Borno and Yobe are the only majority Knauri states).
North West is also not looking good for Tinubu ( Zamfara state is about falling into PDP , Yari and Marafa have pulled virtually all their men into PDP with the Defections going very week in Zamfara)
Kebbi is now PDP heart soul and spirit, all strong men of Kebbi politics have dumped Badaru the Governor and defected back to PDP.

Sokoto is unshakably PDP
Atiku will still get at least 75% of votes in states he won in 2019 and go ahead to also win some Northern States Buhari won in 2019, making Tinubu more than 8 million million Votes shy of the total votes Buhari pulled in 2019.
Tinubu has automatically lost at least over 15 million Christian votes
Atiku will win Nothing less than 10 million Muslim votes and also share millions of Christian Votes with Peter Obi.
Tinubu will not be President..quote this post
Atiku will be elected President..
quote this post
End of Discussion

Are you ok? How is zamfara pdp? Do you know that pdp is fiactionalized and marafa,yari were given apc Senate ticketd
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Them no dey tire with lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Mrfixitt(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Advocate500:
This hypocrite should abeg ,you criticise the mischievous statement without telling us your portion on the issue? Who is deceiving who,this hypocrite should not be taken seriously.
You have very poor mentality. Any body supporting Tinubu needs mental evaluation. Tinubu will be crushed like it happened in Osun. Apc is cancer and must be avoided by all means
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Candidate –pastor Tunde Bakare by Ddeliverer007(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu is on his own. Only very few Yoruba Muslims are supporting him and before election, the entire country would be OBIdient.

(1) (Reply)

I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair / Breaking: Enugu Designated As Oil Producing State / Reason For Tinubu's Gaffes Revealed By BBC - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.