Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair (2016 Views)

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / Maduka's Guber Bid Gets Massive Boast, As Ex Anambra PDP Chair Collapses All Po / Plot To Remove Secondus As PDP Chair Thickens, Stakeholders Shop For Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Talawaka: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
I’d vote Muslim-Muslim ticket if it ill stop a Fulani from taking over from another Fulani – Rivers PDP chair

By ofomata -September 20, 2022

Desmond Akawor, the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Rivers State has said that the Presidential candidate of the party, Atiku Abubakar cannot solve the security problems of the country if he wins.

He said that Nigeria’s problems is mainly the issue of movement of Fulanis into Nigeria, saying that the former vice-president cannot deal with the problem because he is Fulani man.

He disclosed this during an interview with Sun Newspapers.

“Atiku cannot solve the problem of insecurity. I’m from Oyigbo, Rivers State. Our people are more of cassava producers and you expect me to tell my people not to farm or produce cassava because of the fear of getting attacked by Fulani herdsmen in their farms?

“A Fulani cannot stop Miyetti Allah. It is a natural thing for them. So, if another Fulani man comes on board, he will not stop Miyetti Allah from operating their cow business. That is what is going on in the country today and that is why the president cannot speak against them or act against them”.

On Muslim/Muslim presidential ticket, Akawor said that Nigeria needs to be careful as a country, likening Muslim-Muslim ticket to Fulani-Fulani ticket.

He said: “We need to be very careful as a country on the issue of Muslim/Muslim ticket and Fulani/Fulani ticket.

“We all knew how we celebrated Mohammadu Buhari when he was a military head of state with Tunde Ideagbon. It was the same thing during the 1993 elections when Abiola emerged with another Muslim; none of us was interested in Muslim/ Muslim ticket.

“We struggled for Abiola, so this time around, let us not be confused. The issue is that lets look at the competency of the candidates in question. Are we concerned about Muslim/Muslim or are we concerned about Fulani/Fulani? The crisis we have in West Africa, is it a Muslim/Muslim issue or a Fulani/Fulani Jihad?

“What is happening to us in Nigeria, in Benue, in Zamfara, in Sokoto, is it the Muslims that are being saved or some Fulani movement that is eliminating our people? We need to be careful in taking decisions, we have choices in our hands.

“So, for me, one thing we must stop is the Fulani/Fulani movement. If at the end of the day the option/alternative becomes a Muslim/Muslim agenda, in order to stop another Fulani president from succeeding a former Fulani president, I will support the agenda as Desmond Akawor.

“So, it’s good to get this picture right, people talk about Muslim/Muslim ticket, nobody talks about the continuation of a Fulani man taking over from a Fulani president.

“So, you look at what is going on at the West African coast right from Upper volta down, there is a movement that feels that Nigeria is where they should settle. Something happened in Turkey before it happened close to Nigeria. Again, I implore us to be careful. In fact, when people say Tinubu’s wife Remi is a pastor in Redeemed and they live in the same room, those are not the issues. The question is who is Tinubu as a person? Is he somebody that will change the misfortunes of the country? That is my concern”.

Source: https://standardobservers.com/id-vote-muslim-muslim-ticket-if-it-ill-stop-a-fulani-from-taking-over-from-another-fulani-rivers-pdp-chair

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by LuxInnovation1: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Chinonye2022(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by spearman(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
ANYTHING BUT IPOBI IN SS. IBOS WILL USE ANY SS VOTE FOR GIRINGORY TO FURTHER THEIR INSANE SE/SS GUMBODY ATTACH BY FORCE

Obi will not hit 10% in any SouthSouth State and those votes will come from mostly nomadic Ibos and a few useful idiots.

https://www.nairaland.com/7217810/niger-delta-igbo-peter-obi

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by oyin44: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
This also contrasted to my own stance..

despite the fact that , l am a Christian....l will still support tinubu

It would be tragic for us to elect another Fulani into power,..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by 9jatriot(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Did this man really say this? This is really instructive if he did say it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by lhordspy: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Been a bad day for miscreants.
First, forged result of their messiah was leaked.

Second, an LP house of rep. campaigning with pictures of tinubu. Now this:

Zombidients right now.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Akurakambe(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lies and fake news. Why do you guys like twisting News Headlines to suit your gullible audience?

Shame.

1 Like

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Talawaka: 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
9jatriot:
Did this man really say this? This is really instructive if he did say it

Full interview.

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/road-to-2023-why-atikull-not-tackle-insecurity-if-elected-akawor-rivers-pdp-chair/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Throwback: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
Realignment for development and economic growth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Opintiwa: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
Absolute Rubbish
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Talawaka: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Akurakambe:
Lies and fake news. Why do you guys like twisting News Headlines to suit your gullible audience?

Shame.

What exactly are you getting bent out of shape for? angry

What is your reaction to the APC Muslim/Muslim presidential ticket?

We need to be very careful as a country on the issue of Muslim/Muslim ticket and Fulani/Fulani ticket.

We all knew how we celebrated Mohammadu Buhari when he was a military head of state with Tunde Ideagbon. It was the same thing during the 1993 elections when Abiola emerged with another Muslim; none of us was interested in Muslim/ Muslim ticket.

We struggled for Abiola, so this time around, let us not be confused. The issue is that lets look at the competency of the candidates in question. Are we concerned about Muslim/Muslim or are we concerned about Fulani/Fulani? The crisis we have in West Africa, is it a Muslim/Muslim issue or a Fulani/Fulani Jihad?

What is happening to us in Nigeria, in Benue, in Zamfara, in Sokoto, is it the Muslims that are being saved or some Fulani movement that is eliminating our people? We need to be careful in taking decisions, we have choices in our hands. So, for me, one thing we must stop is the Fulani/Fulani movement. If at the end of the day the option/alternative becomes a Muslim/Muslim agenda, in order to stop another Fulani president from succeeding a former Fulani president, I will support the agenda as Desmond Akawor. So, it’s good to get this picture right, people talk about Muslim/Muslim ticket, nobody talks about the continuation of a Fulani man taking over from a Fulani president.

So, you look at what is going on at the West African coast right from Upper volta down, there is a movement that feels that Nigeria is where they should settle. Something happened in Turkey before it happened close to Nigeria. Again, I implore us to be careful. In fact, when people say Tinubu’s wife Remi is a pastor in Redeemed and they live in the same room, those are not the issues. The question is who is Tinubu as a person? Is he somebody that will change the misfortunes of the country? That is my concern. The one I don’t want us to agree on is this Igbo presidency coming from the South East.

What is your particular reason for this? Don’t you think power should go to the South-East for justice and equity?

The particular reason I don’t want us to agree on Igbo presidency is because it is doing nobody any good.

A Fulani cannot stop Miyetti Allah. It is a natural thing for them. So, if another Fulani man comes on board, he will not stop Miyetti Allah from operating their cow business. That is what is going on in the country today and that is why the president cannot speak against them or act against them. That is my answer to you.

What kind of president does Nigeria need in 2023?

We deserve a president that will be transparent, truthful and not selfish.

A president that will see Nigeria as his own constituency and a president that will bring in devolution of power and resource control to enhance and improve human productivity. That is the kind of president I think Nigeria needs.

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/road-to-2023-why-atikull-not-tackle-insecurity-if-elected-akawor-rivers-pdp-chair/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by mcmurphy132(m): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hh
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by TooMuchStuff: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
spearman:
ANYTHING BUT IPOBI IN SS. IBOS WILL USE ANY SS VOTE FOR GIRINGORY TO FURTHER THEIR INSANE SE/SS GUMBODY ATTACH BY FORCE
Obi will not hit 10% in any SouthSouth State and those votes will come from mostly nomadic Ibos and a few useful idiots.

https://www.nairaland.com/7217810/niger-delta-igbo-peter-obi

What do you know??

Buhari reloaded
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fake news

Shettima is the architect behind the Chibok abductions as his govt was the one which ordered all state schools in the troubled Chibok area to resume schools during the holidays under the excuse of prepping for the WAEC examinations despite WAEC already writing to the state govt that the exams will not hold in the state owing to insecurity .

The school principal of Chibok Girls secondary school, who sent an ultimatum to parents of the majority Christian school girls to have their wards back in school or forget writing the exams was nowhere to be found on the premises on the day of the attack despite her official residence located within the school grounds. This evil Muslim woman's testimony was so full of holes when questioned by Patience Jonathan that the former First lady had to scream out "there is God ohh" which the opposition weaponized as a meme mocking the first lady to distract from what her public inquiry was able to unearth. The school principal disappeared into thin air after being excused to gather more facts on the number of girls abducted. She became a person of interests to the authorities when she went underground and revelations from parents of the girls exposed that she threatened to bar any of the young girls from writing the final exams if they didn't report to campus during the school break. This evil heartless woman will later be reintegrated, rehabilitated and promoted to the position of Commissioner for Education by the Shettima government immediately Buhari was sworn in .

Shettima is a terrorist sympathiser, financier and henchman .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
oyin44:

despite the fact[b], l am a Christian[/b]....l will still support tinubu

It would be tragic for us to elect another Fulani into power,..
anybody can be a Christian online.
Real Christain dont say this

By the way, the choice by Tinubu was religious. Tinubu chose the Muslim VP candidate cos he believed that upper northerners would not vote for a ticket with a Christain VP. That is a religious choice.

It is both silllly and hypocritical for you or anyone to gaslight others who want to react to that religion choice, esp if they have legitimate fears due to current happenings.

PS: Plzz dont call competence where Tinubu and esp Shetima is. We are no babies you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
oyin44:

despite the fact, l am a Christian....l will still support tinubu

It would be tragic for us to elect another Fulani into power, ..
You are been paid by apc an,after all you supported buhari

1 Like

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by nazicartel(m): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
Akawor should help and tell Wike to finish that Oyigbo Rd and stop going to Egberu through Ogoni Rd. He has his own Rd too. When that is done. Then we can talk about voting for Wike or Tafawa Balewa
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by oyin44: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are been paid by apc an,after all you supported buhari

you are being not been paid

If l may ask...

Is it possible for tinubu to bribe 10 million Nigerians to vote him?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by porka: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2022
BOKO HARAM is Kanuri not FULANI.

Boko Haram headquarters is in Borno State.

Boko Haram is an Islamist/jihadist.

Obasanjo has summed up the whole idea.

Islamization and Fulanization.

The two are one and the same.
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by APCnaPDP: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2022
You can vote whatever you wish. You want Shettima but despise Atiku, una never see anything. If you like vote Tinubu, everybody go suffer together and Nigerians will have sense by force.
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by adekolaelect(m): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Akurakambe:

Shame.
calmdow wail little to avoid heart attack.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
APCnaPDP:
You can vote whatever you wish. You want Shettima but despise Atiku, una never see anything. If you like vote Tinubu, everybody go suffer together and Nigerians will have sense by force.
it's on obvious that wike is pained that he got sidelined after all the barking he did.

Our forefathers have to introduce minister of state for xxxx just so that everyone will belong. This is because the seat of ministers isn't enough to accommodate everyone.

There is no reason whatsoever for a party to field candidates from Same religion of tribe.

Even buhari with all his incompetence didn't settle for that, that's why he didn't pick Tinubu as his VP.

If this Muslim tickets succed, it's going to gv room for a lot of injustice.

We are still crying over buharis loop sided appointments.

Anyone supporting this APC Muslim Muslim candidacy does not like justice, equity and fairness.

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
adekolaelect:
calmdow wail little to avoid heart attack.
dolo ba kai

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by femisplash: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obidient s do not know what's going to hit them. What shall it profit them to Labour in vain.

2 Likes

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by Indispensable85(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Talawaka:

Source: https://standardobservers.com/id-vote-muslim-muslim-ticket-if-it-ill-stop-a-fulani-from-taking-over-from-another-fulani-rivers-pdp-chair

We can now see the Wike direction from here. It's obvious now that Wike is supporting Tinubu. I said this before but these ZOMBIDIENT kids will be talking rubbish. Una eyes don dey clear now abi? I laff oooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
nazicartel:
Akawor should help and tell Wike to finish that Oyigbo Rd and stop going to Egberu through Ogoni Rd. He has his own Rd too. When that is done. Then we can talk about voting for Wike or Tafawa Balewa
na wike boi boi, he just dey remote control am like telly.
People that are always against their own good interest should be ignored.
Black man and pull me down at syndrome.
If I no get am, no body go get am

1 Like

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by adekolaelect(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
yomi961:
Fake news

Shettima is the architect behind the Chibok abductions as his govt was the one which ordered all state schools in the troubled Chibok area to resume schools during the holidays under the excuse of prepping for the WAEC examinations despite WAEC already writing to the state govt that the exams will not hold in the state owing to insecurity .

The school principal of Chibok Girls secondary school, who sent an ultimatum to parents of the majority Christian school girls to have their wards back in school or forget writing the exams was nowhere to be found on the premises on the day of the attack despite her official residence located within the school grounds. This evil Muslim woman's testimony was so full of holes when questioned by Patience Jonathan that the former First lady had to scream out "there is God ohh" which the opposition weaponized as a meme mocking the first lady to distract from what her public inquiry was able to unearth. The school principal disappeared into thin air after being excused to gather more facts on the number of girls abducted. She became a person of interests to the authorities when she went underground and revelations from parents of the girls exposed that she threatened to bar any of the young girls from writing the final exams if they didn't report to campus during the school break. This evil heartless woman will later be reintegrated, rehabilitated and promoted to the position of Commissioner for Education by the Shettima government immediately Buhari was sworn in .

Shettima is a terrorist sympathiser, financier and henchman .
this epistle can not stop Tinubu becoming the president .your hatred emotional feeling can only dominate only your heart not all Nigerians. This one can not save you from receiving your sock when Tinubu becomes the president of Nigeria coming 2023.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by APCnaPDP: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
yomi961:
it's on obvious that wike is pained that he got sidelined after all the barking he did.

Our forefathers have to introduce minister of state for xxxx just so that everyone will belong. This is because the seat of ministers isn't enough to accommodate everyone.

There is no reason whatsoever for a party to field candidates from Same religion of tribe.

Even buhari with all his incompetence didn't settle for that, that's why he didn't pick Tinubu as his VP.

Anyone supporting this APC Muslim Muslim candidacy does not like justice, equity and fairness.

For Nigeria to survive, we must listen to the cries of others. We can’t say we want a united country but field the same faith just for election sake. We are not ripe for Muslim-Muslim ticket and I am surprised that people from the south are actually in support of it.

I would never vote for Christian-Christian ticket.
Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by yomi961: 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
adekolaelect:
this epistle can not stop Tinubu becoming the president .your hatred emotional feeling can only dominate only your heart not all Nigerians. This one can not save you from receiving your sock when Tinubu becomes the president of Nigeria coming 2023.
say that again without crying.
Olodo
A to le

1 Share

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by frank14011991(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
yomi961:

but it is okay for North to succeed North? Tinubu is my first choice obi is my second choice

7 Likes

Re: I’d Vote Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Rivers PDP Chair by adekolaelect(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
yomi961:
dolo ba kai
If your type of sense dey available I no buy. Your hatred infected sense will add nothing for any reasonable person than sadness.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Mobilizes People From Onitsha To Minna For Rally / BREAKING: Formal Nigeria President, Muhammadu Buhari Seeks President Tinubu's Bl / Supreme Court On CSU Deposition; How Atiku Wasted Time And Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.