Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

The Power Of Discernment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Discernment (301 Views)

How Lack Of Discernment Can Cause Calamities / Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest / How To Develop Spiritual Sensitivity And Discernment Of Spirit – Apostle Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Discernment by TayehJiboluwa(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; *to another discerning of spirits*; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (1 Corinthians 12:10)

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. (Acts 16:16-18)

But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither. And he said unto him, *Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee?* Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants? (2 Kings 5:25-26)

Like I said in a previous post, all prophets have the gift of discernment and of discerning of spirits

ALL PROPHETS

You can have the gift of prophecy and not have the call of a prophet, it is just a gift, but all prophets have the gift of discerning of spirits. But we are in the end times when God promised to pour out His Spirit ON ALL FLESH (Joel 2:28). So you qualify for the gift of discerning of spirits.

The Holy Spirit also grant discernment to everyone who has it.

I loved the phrase in 2 Kings 5:26, "went not my heart after thee..."
Elisha's heart or spirit going after or monitoring Gehazi moves from his house is enabled by the spirit of discernment.

How did the disciples knew the lady following them and flattering them is possessed with the spirit of divination? The answer is Discernment.

I used to attend a church where their members are taught to pray aggressively and violently till the mountains in their lives move, and they do pray all the time, but for many of them, the mountains still remained despite years of aggressive, tenacious and violent prayers against it. The problem, most can't identity the mountain that is against them, neither do they know the source, origin, or root of the mountain. So it isn't easy to move the perceived mountains.

Here comes discernment or discerning of spirits, however you may want to put it. It aids you to "see" what is real and what is false. It helps you to "see" the spirit behind the challenges you are facing, even the human spirit behind it, if a human being is involved.
I used to have a neighbor that suspects, doubts and fears everyone around her. She will say, "I'm suspecting this woman that she is possessed."

"That man must be evil, I felt something bad hit me when he passed by just now."

"That my neighbor is a witch, I saw her in my dreams last night"

"My younger brother doesn't want me to progress in life" and all sorts of weird statements.

While she is trying to sound spiritually smart and cautious, she could have done better if she had the spirit of discernment. Some cases of spirit spouse have been brought to me that we later found out to be witchcraft manipulation. Yes witches used dream manipulations to steal virtues through sex in the dream, but most people perceive such dreams to be attack of spirit husband or wife.

It is with the spirit of discernment that you will be able to tell who is really your enemy, with *confirmation and proofs*, and not the people you have been suspecting. The spirit of discernment also helps you to see visions and dream revelatory dreams. If you want to know why you are getting rejected from different places, the gift of discernment can help you.

It is the spirit of discernment that allows you to see your friend preaching in the dream so you know he has the calling of an Evangelist. You want to know what might happen on your way to work or if anything will go wrong in your workplace today, discernment can show you. You want to know what spirit inhabits your employees, neighbor, friend, or even pastor, the spirit of discernment can tell you.

My pastor who wondered at the possibilities of discernment once said having the gift of discernment may end poverty in your life, why? If you work with this spirit to a level, it may tell you why you are poor, if you don't want to be poor.

All deliverance ministers needs the gift of discerning of spirits to tell them what spirits they are dealing with in a person . Anyone who is born again in Christ can also have it.

If you're in a bus/vehicle/transport that may crash or involve in an accident, if the spirit of discernment is active in you, it will let you know on time, only be on alert because evil takes place anytime, anywhere.

If your spouse may cheat on you or has cheated, the spirit may tell you.

WHY DO YOU NEED DISCERNING OF SPIRITS?

- Because as a righteous and upright Christian, the devil always seek your downfall and destruction, so you need to know what the devil is up to at all hours. You can't do this by yourself, but the spirit of discernment makes it easy for you.

- So you don't fall into the traps of the enemy or marry the wrong spouse, or know if you're in a sophisticated trap that may destroy you and you can escape when you still can. When discernment is active in your life, it doesn't allow to become a prey of the enemy.

- You need discerning of spirits to be ahead of the plans and manipulations of your enemy.

- To know what/who your real problems are and who your real enemies are

In advanced levels of discernment, you're going to uncover a lot of mysteries I can't tell you now, a lot of secrets too. I know that the gift of discernment is the Spirit of God in you. So if you have this spirit or you're seeking it, you must be holy.

How Do You Get The Gift Of Discernment?

1. Be born again

2. Receive The Holy Spirit (the Holy Spirit will give you discernment but if you're having difficulty obtaining discernment from the Holy Spirit, then )

3. Ask for the gift of discernment (or of discerning of spirits). Pray/Ask until you know you've received it.

Remember: regularly, unceasing prayers and fasting sharpens discerning of spirits or any spiritual gifts you may have.

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of Discernment by TayehJiboluwa(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
tcrojem@gmail.com
Re: The Power Of Discernment by TayehJiboluwa(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2022

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Feel If You Discover Your wife Post Your Foods Online / I Was Robbed While Doing Evangelism / What Is The Possible Implications Of Visiting A Alfa Future Teller ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.