Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Brilliant Discussion - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Brilliant Discussion (572 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian Internet Discussion Forum / [Discussion]Fellow Bloggers Share The Problems You Facing With Voguepay / Creating The Ultimate Discussion Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brilliant Discussion by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2011
I know how to get extension of files in many dozens of ways, but sometimes out of curiosity, i search the net for codes i already know how to write just to
see if someone has done a better job.
Now, i was building a simple file upload API into my framework, and i wanted to check easiest way to get file extension without wasting too
much time - and i was able to get it.

What struck me as funny was the way the programmers there dey fight over codes:

http://davidwalsh.name/php-function-get-file-extension-string
Re: Brilliant Discussion by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
Immagine someone saying his code is faster than the first one, and another one saying,
that the code said to be faster is "slower in 0.5 times".

Meaning, he actually took the time out to compare and see which code dey faster!

(1) (Reply)

Hacker Group Vows To 'kill Facebook' / How Can I Extract/filter This Text? / Help Me In The Creation Of My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.