Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change (6804 Views)

Reuben Abati Supports Tinubu's Statement On Climate Change On Arise TV / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) / Climate Clock Appoints Anyaduba Chukwuebuka Director Of Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by AlexReports(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Climate Clock Seek Increased Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNU-VR6EOHQ

As Nigeria joins the world to mark the Climate Emergency Day, a non governmental organisation known as International Initiative for Advancement of SDGs in Africa in collaboration with Climate Clock Nigeria have made an urgent call on the challenges of climate change in Nigeria and Africa. The call was made during a press conference held in Abuja to commemorate the July 22 World Climate Emergency Day.

Speaking during the conference, the Director of Climate Clock Nigeria, Mr. Chuks Anyaduba cried out the need for urgent actions to salvage the earth from the disasters of climate change in the nearest future. He called on policy makers, stakeholders, businessman, politicians and amongst others to act now, stressing that the climate clock is fast ticking.

He said the climate clock is counting down to the time when the world will the most dreadful climate disasters. He says "timer reminds us to act now and in time to avert the worst climate actions which can happen to mankind". He says that July 22nd calls for global actions ahead of the deadline to reach 1.5°¢ on global warming, as the countdown commences today.

He further noted that the objective of the conference is to speak to world leaders, African leaders, individual, community leaders, local person and everyone to act now to avert the worst climate actions that could occur. He adviced them to okay their little parts by contributing through initiatives on gas emission, alternative energy amongst other areas that requires critical interventions.

Also speaking during the conference was Mr. Olumide, who is climate change advocate and co-founder International Climate Change Development Initiative, and doubles as the Executive Coordinator of Africa Youth Initiative on Climate Change, emphasized on the plans required to ensure a climate smart generation across Africa.

He noted that the need for sustainable actions that will trigger investment opportunities for young people across the Africa, stressing that local communities must understand the need for urgent climate actions. He highlighted the challenges of gas flaring, flooding sea level rise and other key areas of emergency concerns in Africa and especially Nigeria. He challenged everyone to start making personal actions to salvage the fast devastating challenges of climate emergency in Nigeria.

Other speakers including the SDG Ambassador Nollywood Actor Uzee Usman and Climate Advocate Kelvin, laid emphasis on the need for interventions through local supports, awareness by Entertainers, Celebrities and other popular public figures by lending out their voices and talents to encourage individual cautiousness, responsible actions, massive participations, government inputs and international assistance geared at managing the circumstances to avoid disastrous outcomes in the future.

The assurance that a portal is currently been created by Climate Clock Nigeria to address the issue of afforestation, desertification, degradation and amongst other climate related challenges was also discussed as Anyaduba who also stated that the conference on Climate Emergency is currently ongoing in major cities across the world, namely, New Orleans, Rome, Accra, Kighali, Newyork, amongst other.

However, Newsmen and Journalists were encouraged to expand better awareness on the need for urgent climate actions through various mass media programs and initiatives. The team called on Stakeholders, CSOs and especially the press to improve awareness on the required state of emergency bothering on climate related problems in the country as a moment of silence was held to mark the global climate emergency day in Nigeria

"The ‘Climate Clock’ is currently ticking which counts down the number of years until it’s no longer possible to keep global warming below 1.5°C, as we currently have less than seven years until we reach an irreversible global warming deadline, which has created the need for urgent actions" Anyaduba concluded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlogB3y5Y7c

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/climate-emergency-day-climate-clock-calls-for-action-to-meet-sdgs-13-ahead-2030-deadline/

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by AlexReports(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2022

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by AlexReports(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Continue

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by AlexReports(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
Photos

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by tctrills: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
AlexReports:

As Nigeria joins the world to mark the Climate Emergency Day, a non governmental organisation known as International Initiative for Advancement of SDGs in Africa in collaboration with Climate Clock Nigeria have made an urgent call on the challenges of climate change in Nigeria and Africa. The call was made during a press conference held in Abuja to commemorate the July 22 World Climate Emergency Day.

Speaking during the conference, the Director of Climate Clock Nigeria, Mr. Chuks Anyaduba cried out the need for urgent actions to salvage the earth from the disasters of climate change in the nearest future. He called on policy makers, stakeholders, businessman, politicians and amongst others to act now, stressing that the climate clock is fast ticking.

He said the climate clock is counting down to the time when the world will the most dreadful climate disasters. He says "timer reminds us to act now and in time to avert the worst climate actions which can happen to mankind". He says that July 22nd calls for global actions ahead of the deadline to reach 1.5°¢ on global warming, as the countdown commences today.

He further noted that the objective of the conference is to speak to world leaders, African leaders, individual, community leaders, local person and everyone to act now to avert the worst climate actions that could occur. He adviced them to okay their little parts by contributing through initiatives on gas emission, alternative energy amongst other areas that requires critical interventions.

Also speaking during the conference was Mr. Olumide, who is climate change advocate and co-founder International Climate Change Development Initiative, and doubles as the Executive Coordinator of Africa Youth Initiative on Climate Change, emphasized on the plans required to ensure a climate smart generation across Africa.

He noted that the need for sustainable actions that will trigger investment opportunities for young people across the Africa, stressing that local communities must understand the need for urgent climate actions. He highlighted the challenges of gas flaring, flooding sea level rise and other key areas of emergency concerns in Africa and especially Nigeria. He challenged everyone to start making personal actions to salvage the fast devastating challenges of climate emergency in Nigeria.

Other speakers including the SDG Ambassador Nollywood Actor Uzee Usman and Climate Advocate Kelvin, laid emphasis on the need for interventions through local supports, awareness by Entertainers, Celebrities and other popular public figures by lending out their voices and talents to encourage individual cautiousness, responsible actions, massive participations, government inputs and international assistance geared at managing the circumstances to avoid disastrous outcomes in the future.

The assurance that a portal is currently been created by Climate Clock Nigeria to address the issue of afforestation, desertification, degradation and amongst other climate related challenges was also discussed as Anyaduba who also stated that the conference on Climate Emergency is currently ongoing in major cities across the world, namely, New Orleans, Rome, Accra, Kighali, Newyork, amongst other.

However, Newsmen and Journalists were encouraged to expand better awareness on the need for urgent climate actions through various mass media programs and initiatives. The team called on Stakeholders, CSOs and especially the press to improve awareness on the required state of emergency bothering on climate related problems in the country as a moment of silence was held to mark the global climate emergency day in Nigeria

"The ‘Climate Clock’ is currently ticking which counts down the number of years until it’s no longer possible to keep global warming below 1.5°C, as we currently have less than seven years until we reach an irreversible global warming deadline, which has created the need for urgent actions" Anyaduba concluded
Please, you fake climate alarmist should give Africa a break. The rest of the world developed using fossil fuels but now the would do anything to keep Africa from developing.
Let's learn from the mistakes of Germany, because of the climate stupidity, this could be a very cold winter in Germany.

5 Likes

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by iampeterben(m): 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good reporting Alex. You and I must secure our environment and work towards making the climate accommodating for us.
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
I was lazy to read,who can brief it in one sentence
But those pictures are clean, na osinbajo photographer snap am?

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Brendaniel: 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sometimes the countries who talk about climate change the most are ones destroying climate the most....

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by LAXconfidential(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
All this plenty pictures because of climate change?

5 Likes

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Akerele44(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
He be like say the money Alex report see here many..see as he dey shine teeth grin

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Righteousness2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
The World's leaders and Inhabitants are Decieving them with conferences and meetings and investment trying to do this or that in regards to the Extreme weather pattern hitting the World.

Psalm 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 107:33-34
He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

Infact, the more the world ingredients try to do this or that in the Name climate change, the more you invoke the wrath of GOD on the earth.

The World Inhabitants are behaving like Pharoah of Egypt. " They fear the plagues hitting the earth! But they don't fear GOD

The Extreme and intense weather patterns in the world are signs of the times we live. They are signs of the Imminent return of JESUS Christ.

What the nations and people need to do is to turn to GOD ALMIGHTY , forsake all evils , abominations and wicked and cry to GOD for mercy.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

All these conferences and this and that to fight the Extreme weather is a waste of time and resources.

2 Likes

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Melodistic(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
issokay
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by DevilSignature: 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
cheesy

Any show wey Alexreports no attend no be show.
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by NwaNimo1(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Poor journalism...

I was scanning through the report to see if I will see the full meaning of SDG which happens to be the topic(issue) of discussion, but I didn't see that.

No be everybody sabi OR remember everything.
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by tctrills: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
AlexReports:
Continue
The same climate clock that predicted the end of the world by the year 2000.
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by InfinityFabric: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Scam, probably time to leave this country. Any country with this climate bullshit will probably end up in the gutter.
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Lorenahertz(f): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Climate change is real o

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by LAXconfidential(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
tctrills:
The same climate clock that predicted the end of the world by the year 2000.
cheesy
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by LAXconfidential(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Scam, probably time to leave this country. Any country with this climate bullshit will probably end up in the gutter.
cheesy
AllDModsAreMaad:
Poor journalism...

I was scanning through the report to see if I will see the full meaning of SDG which happens to be the topic(issue) of discussion, but I didn't see that.

Alexreports na fool
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by LAXconfidential(m): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Righteousness2:
The World's leaders and Inhabitants are Decieving them with conferences and meetings and investment trying to do this or that in regards to the Extreme weather pattern hitting the World.

Psalm 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 107:33-34
He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

Infact, the more you guys try to do this or that in the Name climate change, the more you invoke the wrath of GOD on the earth.

The World Inhabitants are behaving like Pharoah of Egypt. " They fear the plagues hitting the earth! But they don't fear GOD

What the nations and people need to do is to turn to GOD ALMIGHTY , forsake all evils , abominations and wicked and cry to GOD for mercy.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

All these conferences and this and that to fight the Extreme weather is a waste of time and resources.

Ride on pastor

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by mobilemaniac(f): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lorenahertz:
Climate change is real o
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by mobilemaniac(f): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Akerele44:
He be like say the money Alex report see here many..see as he dey shine teeth grin
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Flysinglemom(f): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:
Poor journalism...

Me too

1 Like

Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by Flysinglemom(f): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
AlexReports:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNU-VR6EOHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlogB3y5Y7c

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/climate-emergency-day-climate-clock-calls-for-action-to-meet-sdgs-13-ahead-2030-deadline/

What is the name of the group
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by TestingNV: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pandora
Re: Climate Clock Seeks Awareness To Achieve SDG Target On Climate Change by TestingNV: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Obi Pandora people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Unveils Plans To Promote Locally Made Products / FG Sends 13,400 Bags Of Food Items To IDP Camp / Febuary Protest Just Got Messed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.