Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) (54830 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Governor Otti To Appreciate His Good Work For Abia People / Abia Speaker Commissions Bakery, Urges Abia People To Patronize Their Own / Governor Ikpeazu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Solicits For Better Welfare For Abia People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Jobola1: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

When Kingibe was asked, during a debate in 1993, "Abiola and You are Muslims, how will the interest of Christians be protected in your government?"

Kingibe replied "Abiola and I are never and will never be representing Muslims or Christians in government, the interest of Muslims will be handled by Sultan of Sokoto while that of Christians will be handled by Okogie (the CAN President), we are representing Nigerians regardless of their religions.

My Boss Abiola comes from Majority Yoruba in the South West, I come from the Minority Kanuri in the North East. Abiola comes from core Private Sector, I come from core Public Sector to save Nigeria and move our country beyond the reach of bigotry."

That 'MuslimMuslim' Ticket won in 1993. Guess what? The man who annulled it was IBB a Muslim from the North and handed over to unelected Shonekan, a Christian from the South.

Political Office is not religion, do not bring religion to it and don't be deceived by fanatics.

Great write up, but there was bandits n terrorists targeting a certain relation in 1993.

Make una try dey update the outdated software for una brain.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Str8talk21: 1:05am On Jul 24, 2022
akpunda86:

Peter Obi is high time u dump that man wearing long cap Victor Umeh,living in Enugu,He is corrupt,a thief with many abadoned projects in Anambra State,I don't know why he should be moving around with that man.
Remember when his house at zoo estate was full of cows,If obi continues moving around with Victor umeh I see no difference between him and APC and PDP

Nwannè, u spoke my mind.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Jobola1: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2022
Abba114:
this is an illusion bro u dont know the north we will vote tinubu in the die minute we r just pretending like we dont care. tinubu will win southwest, northeast and northwest. i would rather vote tunubu even if he 1million years old than vote a bigot from southeast

True, they will vote Kwankwaso too as well as Atiku. The aim is to scatter the votes, not to win
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Scamburster(m): 1:06am On Jul 24, 2022
MartinsD12:

Incase you people don't know all PDP states are for peter obi including some apc States divided for Peter obi it's easy win for obi, let me tell you people, IBB political son is baba Ahmed, do you think a father will abandon his own son whom he knows is well qualified and running for office of the vice president, Peter obi is easy win , why do you think he is making waves in north, even ango Abdullahi chairman of Northern elders forum the main cabals in the north are for Obi, tinubu is going no where, or should I talk of Obasanjo.
Comrade, easy.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 24, 2022
Jobola1:

True, they will vote Kwankwaso too as well as Atiku. The aim is to scatter the votes, not to win
still peter obi will not win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Murphyenemuwe: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2022
The same uproar the present Muslim Muslim ticket is causing was the same reaction that was gotten when Abiola decided to pick a Muslim running mate that's my point. And please, try to at least disappoint us by engaging in a discourse without the use of abusive words. You're from the east i guess
Amumaigwe:

Everybody knows that the country has fundamentally changed. What sort of stupid question are you asking him? Even if he was still being suckled as at 1993, he still stated the obvious. It is actually you that are refuting the obvious that we should investigate your age as at 1993.

1 Like

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by JJBROS(m): 2:09am On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

When Kingibe was asked, during a debate in 1993, "Abiola and You are Muslims, how will the interest of Christians be protected in your government?"

Kingibe replied "Abiola and I are never and will never be representing Muslims or Christians in government, the interest of Muslims will be handled by Sultan of Sokoto while that of Christians will be handled by Okogie (the CAN President), we are representing Nigerians regardless of their religions.

My Boss Abiola comes from Majority Yoruba in the South West, I come from the Minority Kanuri in the North East. Abiola comes from core Private Sector, I come from core Public Sector to save Nigeria and move our country beyond the reach of bigotry."

That 'MuslimMuslim' Ticket won in 1993. Guess what? The man who annulled it was IBB a Muslim from the North and handed over to unelected Shonekan, a Christian from the South.

Political Office is not religion, do not bring religion to it and don't be deceived by fanatics.

You are a failed and shot sighted mugu. Bros go back to history class. Babangida warned Abiola not to choose a Muslim as vice but Abiola ignored him. Babangida categorically told him to pick Dan Suleiman but Abiola was dicieved by fanatical Muslim Clerics in the core North.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Wintertime: 2:23am On Jul 24, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
The country has changed drastically? And how old were you in 1993 to make this statement? Cos if you were old enough in 1993 you should know CAN did the same thing they're doing now then to oppose Muslim Muslim ticket and they failed

I know you love Nigeria, but the Nigeria you will see then will be a different map
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 2:26am On Jul 24, 2022
Well the guy go try small for election shaa, but Nigeria i s bigger than him to rule.

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Wintertime: 2:30am On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

I will be happy if it pulls through,, at least you are still a naija4life with a different map .

Lol

I will be very very happy let the ticket pull through
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by daygee12: 3:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Ddokie:

That was 1993 brother. As at that time, there was no boko haram or iswap. Islamic terrorism was not an international problem, churches were not being bombed in nigeria, and there were no fulani herdsmen encircling the entire nation.

Chief, 1993 and today are not the same thing in Nigeria.

I am sure if Nigeria of today was the same as it was in 1993, or even 2010, there wouldn't have been much an outcry over this muslim muslim ticket.
U were so small that or u had no idea of what u are saying, that was when the burn churches the most, let people who lived in the North that time share with u the story
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by saintrow1: 3:14am On Jul 24, 2022
wiseoneking:
The difference is that Obi can pull crowd in Oyo or any western states but Mr BAT cannot in the east.

The only crowd that will show up for obi in yorubaland are ibos living as refugees and scavengers in yorubaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by proprince(m): 3:37am On Jul 24, 2022
The God sent.

WE from Kogi state are strongly behind you.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 4:24am On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

Your words are good...
It is easy to say "don't be deceived by fanatics", but can we avoid their antics in Nigeria?
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Wickedfact: 4:55am On Jul 24, 2022
I really feel for Nnamdi Kanu. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by JaiyeOLA14: 6:09am On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

Trash... You copy paste this becos you're a Muslim?
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by armyofone(m): 6:11am On Jul 24, 2022
You have good points - unfortunately Nigerians rigging election to favor someone is the biggest problem.

foreverdon:
I strongly hope that NIGERIANS will not allow APC (Tinubu), and PDP (Atiku) to FOOL them like previous Nigeria elections. This is the time to be calling on all the reputable media houses in Nigeria with professional integrity and objective journalist(s) who are not afraid to ask tough questions, to start requesting to interview all presidential candidates, one after the other. This is the only way we can know how they intend to address Nigeria looming problems from corruption to underdevelopment, including electricity, insecurity, job creation, infrastructure, standard hospital/medical facility and economy solvency. Media houses and reputable journalists need to start having a one-on-one-sit-down interviews with all the presidential candidates of all the political parties in Nigeria, otherwise Nigerians will lose heavily again.

I hope Nigerians will take the bull by the horn this time around, and not let anything slip away, otherwise Nigeria will be too damage to recover. So far, Peter Obi had done several interviews with media houses including one-on-one-sit-down. Abubakar Atiku just sat for the first interview since becoming the PDP nominee, and he needs to do several more with more tough questions. Ahmed Tinubu has not done any one-on-one-side-down interview before or after becoming the PDP presidential nominee, and we can't let him continue to hid from one-one-one-side-down interviews.

Remember, this was one of the tactics APC and PDP used to sell Buhari and Atiku to Nigerians in 2015 and 2019, by avoiding presidential interviews, debates, public speaking, and or delivering a lecture/speech. LET EVERYONE KEEP THEIR EYES OPEN AND BE WISE.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by derecho(m): 6:12am On Jul 24, 2022
Atiku can't even win NE anymore .
PresidObi:
And this is a PDP state grin

Atiku will be so shocked by what he will see in 2023.

Atiku can only win North east.

Tinubu can only win South west

Peter Obi will confidently win South south, south east, North central, then grab 40% from South west, 25% from North west and 20% from North east.

Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed of LP has won the election.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Millimann: 6:19am On Jul 24, 2022
igbotormentor:
Igbos are Igbos, Peter Obi is Igbo so is Abia, Tinubu in ogbomoso oyo state PDP state

Peter Obi is in LP. He came to a PDP state and got that massive reception.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Caseless: 6:24am On Jul 24, 2022
That man with Umeh, is that Alex Otti?

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by ada9ja(f): 6:24am On Jul 24, 2022
igbotormentor:
Igbos are Igbos, Peter Obi is Igbo so is Abia, Tinubu in ogbomoso oyo state PDP state

When u see people come around Tinubu dont think is love rather to see if money will be shared. Thats the difference.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by fcbelle72(f): 6:25am On Jul 24, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin it's only a mad man will vote for atiku in that region so after buhari a fulani man another fulani will enter. No wonder they believe they own Nigeria. If you are planning to vote those old corrupt money bags. Thunder fire you
i concur to this ,better thunderstorms wey chop belle full go fire such person
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:31am On Jul 24, 2022
PresidObi:

Peter Obi will confidently win South south, south east, North central, then grab 40% from South west, 25% from North west and 20% from North east.

Keep dreaming. Only the educated know about Peter Obi and his Labour Party. Those rural people only know PDP or APC and they constitute the bulk of our population.

1 Like

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by obyrich(m): 6:33am On Jul 24, 2022
Kestolove:
all the votes in south east nd south south is not upto 10million
Update:

As at 15th July this was where we stood.

ELECTIONS 2023

Here is the breakdown of total number of registered voters across Nigeria’s 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Abuja, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

S/N STATES NO OF VOTERS

1 Abia 1,932,892

2 Adamawa 1,973,083

3 Akwa Ibom 2,119,727

4 Anambra 2,447,996

5 Bauchi 2,462,843

6 Bayelsa 923,182

7 Benue 2,480,131

8 Borno 2,315,956

9 Cross River 1,527,289

10 Delta 2,845,274

11 Ebonyi 1,459,933

12 Edo 2,210,534

13 Ekiti 909,967

14 Enugu 1,944,016

15 FCT 1,344,856

16 Gombe 1,394,393

17 Imo 2,272,293

18 Jigawa 2,111,106

19 Kaduna 3,932,492

20 Kano 5,457,747

21 Katsina 3,230,230

22 Kebbi 1,806,231

23 Kogi 1,646,350

24 Kwara 1,406,457

25 Lagos 6,570,291

26 Nasarawa 1,617,786

27 Niger 2,390,035

28 Ogun 2,375,003

29 Ondo 1,822,346

30 Osun 1,680,498

31 Oyo 2,934,107

32 Plateau 2,480,455

33 Rivers 3,215,273

34 Sokoto 1,903,166

35 Taraba 1,777,105

36 Yobe 1,365,913

37 Zamfara 1,717,128

Total 84,004,084

NEW VOTERS 15,170,608

The Northwest currently has the highest number of registered voters at 20,158,100. That hands the Northwest 24% of the registered vote total.

The southwest region comes second with 16,292,212 registered voters (19.39%), while the north-central has 13,366,070 registered voters (15.91%), and the south-south has 12,841,279 registered voters (15.29%).

The northeast region and the southeast region come last with the total number of registered voters with 11,289,293 (13.44%) and 10,057,130 voters (11.97%) respectively.

Of the total, there are more registered male voters (44,405,439) than female voters (39,598,645). The male population of registered voters make up 52.86% of the total voter register with registered female voters making up the remaining 47.14%.

#INEC
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Ddokie: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2022
daygee12:

U were so small that or u had no idea of what u are saying, that was when the burn churches the most, let people who lived in the North that time share with u the story

There is no need.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Eniitankorede: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2022
5 % ters and dot in the map. We shall see the outcome.

1 Like

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by zionstaar75: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2022
alsudan:
PO is guaranteed at least 10 million votes in the SE/SS alone.

The voter turnout in these zones will be unprecedented.

Let Tinubu walk in public like this in his home state of Osun/Lagos. I want to check something.
are the registered voters in the south east up to 10million?

1 Like

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Safyqueen: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2022
PresidObi:

I like your courage. But try visit other places so that you will not wail uncontrollably that LP was rigged out at the end of the day when Obi will not win any ward across river Niger up north.

1 Like

Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by SPTruth: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
The country has changed drastically? And how old were you in 1993 to make this statement? Cos if you were old enough in 1993 you should know CAN did the same thing they're doing now then to oppose Muslim Muslim ticket and they failed
did CAN really fail? Did Abiola or Kingibe enter Aso rock? I pity those that underestimate the God of Justice.
Re: The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) by Dottore: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2022
igbotormentor:
The difference is that Peter Obi doesnt have to pay for crowd but BAT, Atiku and even the incumbent president thrive in rented crowd. #hardfact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Results From FCT Council Election Indicate PDP In Clear Lead / FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. / Goodluck Jonathan's Statue In University Of Port-Harcout, By Onyekachi Divine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.