Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English (36033 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by OldBeer: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
The government of Lagos state has begun the issuance of vital information to its populace in Egun, Yoruba and English.
Critics say this new development may not be unconnected with the 2023 elections that sprung up surprises in the state.
It is yet to be seen if this will become the modus operandi of the state going forward.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by OldBeer: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
Meanwhile reactions trail this new development.

Nlfpmod Mynd44 Dominique Seun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by TemplarLandry: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
shocked Not bad.
Big shoutout to the person who typed that
memo in YorĂšbĂĄ, they aced the Ă mĂŹ (diacritic
marks).

I dedicate “Eko Ile” by Jazzman Olofin feat. Storm Records All Stars (Nkiru, Dare Art Alade, GT Da Guitarman, Sasha)
to LASG. Great jam!

246 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by money121(m): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Eko for show

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by LegendHero(m): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
I kinda like this.

We must make sure Yoruba become the second official language in the South as a whole.

Ever since I watched the Netflix documentary “Bigger than Africa”, I just suddenly got this extreme proudness in me for being a Yoruba man.

Afro beat language is already Yoruba, why can’t the whole Southern Nigeria adopt Yoruba as the second official language?

277 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Ihateheadslamer: 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Supported.

Bauchi State House of Assembly has adopted Hausa Language in doing business in the state so therefore every region should follow up for a better understanding of each other tongue
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

We must make sure Yoruba become the second official language in the South as a whole.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by oonyeoma50: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by LegendHero(m): 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Supported.

Bauchi State House of Assembly has adopted Hausa Language in doing business in the state so therefore every region should follow up for a better understanding of each other tongue

That’s correct. All state must follow suit.

But in the South, we need an official language just as the North where Hausa is spoken across the entire 19 Northern states.

I have a proposal of adopting Yoruba as the official language of the South. What do you think?

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by REDshouse(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lagos is no man's land..I can't wait to write biz proposal to govt sanwo in Yoruba language

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Absuchat(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
grin grin
Insecurity issues.
Igbos don shake up Alausa grin

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Opolopoopolonio: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nice

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by FreeStuffsNG: 12:01am On Jul 12, 2023
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

396 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Supported.

Thank God for "Alawiye" by J.F Odunjo.

I kukuma get distinction for Yoruba language and read Yoruba novels wella pass lots of my Yoruba friends.

I support our indigenous Languages.

Igbo should start same in the South East and Delta state with pidgin Language.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 12, 2023
flokii:
Very good.. the olojukokoros should go back and develop their own states and region.
No more "we have bought the whole of Lagos" noise.

Grow up child!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Kalakulu: 12:12am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

Ever since I watched the Netflix documentary “Bigger than Africa”, I just suddenly got this extreme proudness in me for being a Yoruba man.

Afro beat language is already Yoruba, why can’t the whole Southern Nigeria adopt Yoruba as the second official language?
Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Gajagojo: 12:32am On Jul 12, 2023
I don't see the big deal

Canada is bilingual
And you see road signs in French and English

So also in other places

Are we supposed to kill our own language or breathe life into it?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Pkid1: 12:33am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.
The guy dey whine himself grin cheesy Nollywood alone sef igbo language don go far. Let alone Nigeria grin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by LegendHero(m): 12:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

So when are those Ckay, Kcee, and Ojapiano going to sell O2 or go on massive world tour and selling out big arena like the other A-list Artists like Davido, Wizkid, Burna, Asake, and etc?

Even portable will pull more crowd for his show if he go head to head with Kcee. Kcee time don pass.

Yoruba is the Afro best language, it is the language people abroad use to qualify Nigerians. Wouldn’t it be good to just adopt it as the official language in the South?

We need to personally table this matter to Igwe Obi of Onitsha o and summon the 5 SE governors to a round table to look into this offer.

If everyone speaks Yoruba in the SE, there wouldn’t be need for sit at home because everybody will be busy throwing owambe and enjoying life. Who wan get time for terrorism wey IPOB dey do?

325 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by DeadCountry: 12:53am On Jul 12, 2023
Why do these parasites want to claim Egun people?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by aariwa(m): 1:08am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!
One of such Yoruba language bills had been signed trwice or more in the past but nothing came out of it because it’s pure politics meant at fooling their followers. Lagos belongs to every Nigerian and not to any body . Go and read history, Nigerias”s oil boom from Gowon to IBB was spent on Lagos for every Nigerian not for any tribe or individuals so Lagos is one of the benefits of one Nigeria..people from all over Nigeria will continue to troop into Lagos daily and nobody will stop them…go and multiply as said in the Bible . If you sell your land any where and become a tenant to him you are now at his mercy to accommodate you and you don’t have to blame anybody for your mistakes.

27 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by FreeStuffsNG: 1:12am On Jul 12, 2023
aariwa:

Motigbo. Smh

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by leanonme82: 1:28am On Jul 12, 2023
This is only new for social media.

NTA Lagos and LTV usually reads the news in Yoruba, Egun and English. Since forever.

Radio Lagos too. 'Radio lagosi tiwa n tiwa nititi' has also been their music jingle since inception in the 1970s.

Factos.

343 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by aariwa(m): 1:33am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Motigbo. Smh
no problem with drinking the expensive ones as long as you are buying it with your own money haha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by MrBiGGEST(m): 2:07am On Jul 12, 2023
I support all regions and states should do the same.
A better Nigeria is all we want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by tiger28: 2:42am On Jul 12, 2023
ONLY Bastards will be against this.

Watch this......

No Other Nigerians will find this as an issue because they are more concerned about what goes on at HOME (Their region) than in Lagos.

You will soon hear cries from just ONE Section of Nigeria.....OUR Crybabies!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by dustmalik: 2:49am On Jul 12, 2023
I like this kind of development. I assure you that the nonsense that happened in the last election will never repeat itself again. The Yorubas are now very aware of the game of those intending usurpers.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by raumdeuter: 3:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Welcome development

All Nigerian state and African countries should promote their local language. It's shameful when your children can't speak or are ashamed of their language

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by herkeem: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Good

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Kalakulu: 5:36am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

So when are those Ckay, Kcee, and Ojapiano going to sell O2 or go on massive world tour and selling out big arena like the other A-list Artists like Davido, Wizkid, Burna, Asake, and etc?

Even portable will pull more crowd for his show if he go head to head with Kcee. Kcee time don pass.

Yoruba is the Afro best language, it is the language people abroad use to qualify Nigerians. Wouldn’t it be good to just adopt it as the official language in the South?

We need to personally table this matter to Igwe Obi of Onitsha o and summon the 5 SE governors to a round table to look into this offer.

If everyone speaks Yoruba in the SE, there wouldn’t be need for sit at home because everybody will be busy throwing owambe and enjoying life. Who wan get time for terrorism wey IPOB dey do?

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy

34 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose Stops Unknown Minister From Using One-Way In Maitama, Abuja / Yul Edochie Reacts To Being Left Out Of Anambra 2017 Gubernatorial Debate / Throwback Pic Of OBJ Heading World Conference Against Apartheid In 1977 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.