Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. (16415 Views)

Years After Graduation, I'm Still Jobless And Starving. I'm Afraid Of My Future / Six Ways To Break Into The Tech Industry With Zero Experience / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by DeleTaller: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Okay

Someone should please help me with airtime Airtel even if it is 100 naira i would really appreciate

I would have love to send you 1k voucher, but Tinubu has taught me to give to those that deserve our help. Not those we would help online and still they will insult us online.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Blessiing(f): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Okay

Someone should please help me with airtime Airtel even if it is 100 naira i would really appreciate

Number
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by phemmyfour: 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
IyaTola:
Don’t be afraid of hiring someone with ZERO experience.

They could surprise you with great work ethic and eagnerness to learn.

Agree?
Exactly, chinko guys hired me cos they couldn't afford to pay the experienced guys.

They always go for fast learner with great work ethics when experience isn't available

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Sanctecosma(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Seriously? And you forget that it was a company that still trained them to the level they. They never got the experience out of the blue. It's a sign of selfishness and insecurity to not want to train new staffs for fear of them leaving later.
Any company with a good work system provides vacancy for trainees (entry-level) as well as experienced candidates. Any company that lacks this, hardly grows. No staff is self made bro!

LordHashira:
Everyone deserves a chance. But most people are ungrateful and will run away elsewhere after you've spent countless hours and dollars to train them. That's why most employers look for readymade candidates.
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by shantti(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
samuel19222:
Experience matters sometimes

The most experienced person once had no experience, someone gave him an opportunity
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by seanwilliam(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
UnknownQueen:
Imagine hiring all your employees without any given experience in their job roles, that's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.....
every professional started as a novice.

You can’t hire people with zero experience to all positions in your company as that will affect productivity but doesn’t mean you should not give them a trial . Just find balance in between .. Let them use you as stepping stone to success too..

And I also think that people wey get zero experience self will want to impress you which means they will work their ass of to give you best result .. if they’re serious and ready to learn, give them the chance.. be blessed..
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by wendixx(f): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
ecolime:

Please hire me as your developer. I have no experience but I have a great attitude and the willingness.

What do you think?

Do you have the required skills?? Then send you CV.
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by wendixx(f): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Balance is key.
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by gentle007(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
UnknownQueen:
Imagine hiring all your employees without any given experience in their job roles, that's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.....

So they performed badly to acquire the experience you desire. How about you giving them the experience you desire from them?
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by ecolime(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
wendixx:

Do you have the required skills?? Then send you CV.
I have the skills but no work experience grin

See Wendixx, let's not deceive ourselves, experience matters a lot but not necessarily in all roles.

That's what I am trying to point out.

Several industries are in deep mess because of the on-going brain drain mostly to UK and Canada. I even created a thread on this earlier this year.

It's not just about acquiring skills. E.g, Anyone can learn coding , but you need experience to know how to move from Test environment, S.I.T to Production environment etc.

See another thread

https://www.nairaland.com/7245629/mass-resignation-software-engineers-disrupts
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Tayorshd2(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
UnknownQueen:
Exactly or let me say it depends on the kind job applied for angry

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by tonyson010(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
sonnie10:
Like a new grad surgeon hired by a hospital doing your surgery.

I tell u
grin
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by tiswell(m): 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
UnknownQueen:
this is why women are naturally unqualified to lead sad
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Rubyjade: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

All?

How?

General Manager, zero experience, abi?

That's not possible. Still, companies will want to hire a front desk officer (receptionist) and be looking for 4 years experience.

A person with 4 years experience looking to be a receptionist is a red flag, sef. It means the person spent 4 years in th same spot with no desire to grow.

Most jobs (with the exception of some, like Doctors, Managers, Engineers, Lawyers, Scientists, etc) can be fully mastered in a couple months within an organisation.

Why ask for years of experience for those?
It is not necessary to start your first job in the ideal company or in the ideal role.

That is, however, how you get "in the game."

When you get in, the real work begins.

Make a point of working hard, impressing the right people (decision-makers), and continuing to show up.

Even if you are undervalued in that role, you now have the knowledge and experience (as well as some cash) to negotiate your next move(s).

Life is like a chess game. To win, you must make many more moves after the first one. There's a lot you don't know when you first start. However, the payoff is usually well worth it.

As a result, where you begin does not necessarily determine where you will end up.

Only you have the power to decide.
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Ppp1p: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by shopwiser: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
samuel19222:
Experience matters sometimes
it should be mixed..... Experienced and newbies...one day newbies would turn to don.. if they are eager.....am an example
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by AlexJustin(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
True.

I don't have any experience when I started my current job but I preformed exceptionally.

While waiting for a job why don't you learn a digital skill that pays passively(with just your smartphone) like Amazon that pays in dollars.

There are lots of digital skill you can learn and embrace financial Security.

Contact me for more info.

Whasypp only 0901 223 0766
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by beyondPen(m): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
I recall 2 years s back when I had no skill except just Corel draw skill not even perfect at it and I do not have designing concept and thinking as at then.

I applied to a Tech NGO (our mission was training girls and women especially in Tech) with little experience. When I was interviewed I was just acting as if I know heaven and Earth back then but I knew the bosses know I was a novice. I was just my confidence they were intrigued of and the willingness to learn.

I was given the job so I starting putting in work into learning since there was enough internet to use in learning for 3months I was learning what related to my job function until I begin to catch up.

Now I don't work with them but they call me time to time on per time basis.
I am now a computer Engineer, web developer and a software developer roles into one.

It's good for employers to have faith in employees with little or zero experience because they might be the best at the work you want them to do.
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by sonnie10: 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
Drone95:
medical personnels do have hands on training experience during the time of study and during interns which are well supervised by consultants and residence officers

You are right but just like in any profession, there are different levels of experience and competence.
Novice
Competent
Expert.
One needs years of practice to master it
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Basher8583: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
PUSSYHOE:
Those idiots company looking for experience as if they can pay for it

When you get your company go and hire an inexperienced person.

Na your business income go tell you
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Difrent: 4:54am On Jul 26, 2022
IyaTola:
Don’t be afraid of hiring someone with ZERO experience.

They could surprise you with great work ethic and eagnerness to learn.

Agree?

Most company actually look for experienced workers so as cut off the cost of training and retraining. Also many companies have lost their staff to competitors after going through the stress of training the saff
It takes some months for some company to train an inexperienced worker.
Besides most will pay an inexperienced worker Less than an experienced worker....while some may see this as exploitation the company sees it as paying the worker his due reward because he is inexperienced.

However some companies do deliberately look for interns to train to fit into their work culture....but most employers prefer a trained staff.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Mayor36: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2022
That's what I always tell hiring managers. You are looking for people with 5-10 years experience. If all companies were like that then where would people get the experience from when they are not given the chance.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Mide3367: 10:54am On Jul 30, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Good one but Not for some sensitive positions.
HR, BDM...to mention a few.

Pinned.

A No No....lolz

@Seniorwriter
Moderators: Richiez, Fynestboi, olawalebabs, mynd44, Lalasticlala Dominique, seun please i am pleading with you guys to tell Seniorwriter Charles Adarokaren to refund me back my money for a transaction i paid for since 3pm Wednesday 27th July, 2022 afternoon. He kept ignoring me since then till now!!!
His number 0907 920 4499
I thought he has a reputation and name to protect? I found it amusing that someone that has been on nairaland since 2019 and has over 5k messages and engagements which so many people know is involved in this kinda scam.. It shows the integrity of average Nigerian when they have the opportunity to rip you off yur hard earn money. They simply throw integrity to the wind because of money wey no reach anything in this Nigeria economy. He is online here on Nairaland and refuses to reply chats.. Seniorwriter is a scam
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by IyaTola: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
Difrent:

Most company actually look for experienced workers so as cut off the cost of training and retraining. Also many companies have lost their staff to competitors after going through the stress of training the saff
It takes some months for some company to train an inexperienced worker.
Besides most will pay an inexperienced worker Less than an experienced worker....while some may see this as exploitation the company sees it as paying the worker his due reward because he is inexperienced.

However some companies do deliberately look for interns to train to fit into their work culture....but most employers prefer a trained staff.
not true
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by toujurs: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
UnknownQueen:
Disaster? You don't know what you are saying... Tbh. All the firm needs is an experienced head of department. Employees below can be inexperienced..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by IyaTola: 1:18am On Aug 09, 2022
shocked
toujurs:
Disaster? You don't know what you are saying... Tbh. All the firm needs is an experienced head of department. Employees below can be inexperienced..
Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by Difrent: 6:11am On Aug 09, 2022
IyaTola:
not true

What is not true. Notice the use of the word 'Most meaning not all. I talk from experience

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Afraid Of Hiring Someone With ZERO Experience. by IyaTola: 1:09am On Aug 14, 2022
Difrent:

What is not true. Notice the use of the word 'Most meaning not all. I talk from experience
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed / Seven Up Graduate Trainee 2022 Programme / Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.