Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance (85702 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

I have too kids and a beautiful wife to take care of.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN
OR I SABI THE KIN WORK WEY YOU FIT DO.

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
I was bedridden for almost three days after

474 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Brodello: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Bro I understand this feeling kpa.

I grew up in Festac when Festac was still Festac. I lived with my aunt then, attended a private school and all that.

I never knew hardship all my life until my aunt died.

I had to go live with my Father who was not really financially buoyant and had 4 kids already excluding me. When I got to my Fathers house, I began to understand that life is not rosy at all.

Popsy worked in a Factory and could barely take care of us.

When I finished secondary school, the next option was to go look for a Job.

The first job I did was a motor boy for a pure water company. My job was to load the truck with bags of pure water, go with the driver to customers shops and offload the pure water.

The craziest day of my life was when my secondary school colleagues were doing the usual SS3 graduation. My school ordered for pure water from the company I worked for.

I was to go deliver the pure water with the driver. The funniest part, I was wearing my school trouser that day because I barely had clothes to wear.

Omo, I told the driver to go alone on agreement that he would collect my salary for that day. I could not bare the shame.

After working at that company for two months, I left because the salary was little. I went to try bricklaying.

Bricklaying was the trend in my area then.

The first bricklaying job I did, everyone laughed at me. The way I held the shovel sef was funny. We worked for a while the cement finished, the man in charge told me and my friend to go carry cement from a far distance.

There was no wheelbarrow so me and my friend had to carry the cement on our head, I carried one bag of cement, my friend carried two bags.

See ba, after work that day, they paid me 1,500. I used 1,000 Naira to treat myself. I swore never to go back.

When I seat down and imagine my life. I can't help but thank God.

Check out my signature guys smiley

517 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Miracle4Sure: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Hmmm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Powerintoxicate: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Everything is now news on Nairaland front page. Even if I'm pooing I'll just take pictures and gbam I'm on front page. Na wa o

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by LeeMason(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
In summary OP, you are just a lazy man. If na kpekus now that time you go get power straff till 9pm... grin
KUDOS for keeping it legit and legal though, no go do ritual or fraud for the sake of cheddars oh

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Rencent(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by devigblegble: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Huh wat ya mean
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by maximunimpact(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Okay
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Juanmike(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Fake story

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Picture of You Carrying the Cement... Or Idonbelivit undecided

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Uncleodi(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
TO BE A MAN IS TRULY NOT EASY, I SWEAR...

OP, DON'T WORRY GOD WILL PICK YOUR CALL SOON... JUST KEEP YOUR HOPE ALIVE!!!

Jisi ike

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Olareveals(f): 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
God bless our hustle,

Contact us for your uniforms. Hospital wears like lab coat patient uniform, doctor coat, Industry uniforms like overall suits, reflective jacket, School uniforms. We customized too either printing or monogram. At a cheap and affordable in bulk

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by ImagineNation: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
Jeez,
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by AsawanaDgreat: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
You try
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by princeogbeide1(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
A
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Mdmelijah: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
grin was looking forward to seeing before and after pictures

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Iremidejoy: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
hmmm
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Emmyglobal65(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
I can relate small... Labourer job on construction site is not easy. Before you know it, you will start looking like an old man while you're still in your early 30s

May God lead you path to green pasture bro... Keep trying

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Amungwele: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
Add Pinsure
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MansoryMX(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.

Lmfao, sorry bro I had to laugh. The Lord is your strength. I am waiting for the N-power BMC to come and make mockery of this hardworking young man. 30k monthly stipend go soon turn 1k equivalent purchasing power of a consumable commodity with the way this country is going by then una eyes go clear!.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Bria234: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
No job anywhere again oo... Na online they pay na.. invest in Bitcoin and also join Alliance in motion Global today and make cool cash

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Onyi22(f): 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
grin cheesy grin
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by GodPunishBiafra: 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
What nonsense?

Is 6.2ft that tall?

I'm 6.2ft and I don't even consider myself tall.

I'm just average.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Truthbites: 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
Kpele. It's not ur thing. Try to discover ur talent.. not everyone can do everything

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nicklaus619(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
Oop e go better, it's good that God is testing your both sides, and when you make it for the second time, you financial discipline will be epic. cool

You shall recover all you have lost IJN

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

lol,it is well and it can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MasterJayJay: 4:32pm On May 16, 2020
grin
grin
Practice makes one perfect.

I am slim and used to carrying bag of rice from ground floor to 2nd floor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by larenxo(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Such is life bro. Hustling in Niaja na like dead sentence o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by adontcare(f): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Sorry. Sad

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by ibawon(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
For ignoring the shame and embarrassment from people to do that kind of menial work
You are one of the strongest Men alive

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by CAPSLOCKED: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
AS E BE SAY IF YOU BEG NOBODY GO LOOK YOUR FACE, USE THIS ONE HOLD SIDE UNTIL BETTER THINGS REACH YOU.
GOOD LUCK.

20 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Pele!
Maybe God brought you to this stage you are now to test your faith once more before uplifting you again, and this time it'd be a bomb. So don't give up man. But you haven't told us what made you lose your job
Coman finish the story o or else lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / NESTOIL Graduate Trainee Program 2018!!!!!! / P & G Reasoning Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.