Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. (365 Views)

Any One With Information About Wise Man Daniel / Samuel Uche: Pastor Fatoyinbo And Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation, Foolish / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Carcholce: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
I mean this man had 700 wives and 300 concubines. He was a serial cheat to have achieve such feat.

How can one possibly marry 700 wives and have 300 concubines without engaging in fornication that the Bible is against? That man must have had a lot of 3some to earn that feat.

He was a foolish man because if you are in love with one woman, you’ll not see the need for a second one. He was yielding to the sin of the flesh. LUST. He was selfish, it is selfishness that leads to the sin of the flesh.

I mean Even God knows he was a foolish and selfish man but God was proud of him to have had the mind to do that and HE made history.
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:
I mean this man had 700 wives and 300 concubines. He was a serial cheat to have achieve such feat.
How can one possibly marry 700 wives and have 300 concubines without engaging in fornication that the Bible is against? That man must have had a lot of 3some to earn that feat.
He was a foolish man because if you are in love with one woman, you’ll not see the need for a second one. He was yielding to the sin of the flesh. LUST. He was selfish, it is selfishness that leads to the sin of the flesh.
I mean Even God knows he was a foolish and selfish man but God was proud of him to have had the mind to do that and HE made history.
I think many of them would have been political wives, and concubines. but I do agree that Solomon's wisdom was not a lifetime deal as it seems he abandoned wisdom even more towards his end. undecided

As for the claim that God was proud of him, God didn't seem very proud of him towards the end though. undecided
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Carcholce: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I think many of them would have been political wives, and concubines. but I do agree that Solomon's wisdom was not a lifetime deal as it seems he abandoned wisdom even more towards his end. undecided

As for the claim that God was proud of him, God didn't seem very proud of him towards the end though. undecided

What happened in the end?
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Carcholce: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

And what is a political wife?
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Carcholce: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Okay I just checked the meaning. Still doesn’t make sense. Was he beding them or not? Don’t speak grammar.
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:
Okay I just checked the meaning. Still doesn’t make sense. Was he beding them or not? Don’t speak grammar.
According to the record, he only had 3 children, so what do you think? undecided
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:
Read the entirety of 1 King Chapter 11 undecided
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by PointZerom: 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE END AND WHAT MADE HIM A WISE MAN.

The moment you realised your mistakes and turn to God, you automatically becomes a wise man.
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
PointZerom:
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
The moment you realised your mistakes and turn to God, you automatically becomes a wise man.
I am afraid that does not seem what happened at Solomon's end. Read 1 Kings 11 to learn what is in fact written of his end. undecided
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carcholce:
I

Either your Bible is torn or your eye has cracks. Every reasonable person sees that God left him when he became very very stupid and foolish, even upto the point that He (God) raised an enemy against him, just as his father was raised to be a torment to Saul.
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
PointZerom:

I just read Saul this afternoon 1 Samuel 15 and Saul tried turning back to God... And nothing for him.

When God casts you aside and rejects you, it is over. You are finished!
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by PointZerom: 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I just read Saul this afternoon 1 Samuel 15 and Saul tried turning back to God... And nothing for him.

When God casts you aside and rejects you, it is over. You are finished!

The two cases are not the same.
Saul worked contrary to God's order and didn't feel remorse about it till God's wrath was activated but Solomon realised his mistakes and have a change of heart.
Re: Solomon Is A Very Foolish Wise Man. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
PointZerom:

The two cases are not the same.
Saul worked contrary to God's order and didn't feel remorse about it till God's wrath was activated but Solomon realised his mistakes and have a change of heart....

Not true! They are the same. They both disobeyed, disregarded and rejected God.

And Ecclesiastes clearly shows how Solomon was in torment, despair and regrets and he just manages to leave a note of warning to us.

(1) (Reply)

Finished Works Of Christ: What It Means. / How To Generate Spiritual Energy (strength ) For Prayer / How Do Spiritual Beings Look Like In Astral Realm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.