Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi (41166 Views)

‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers / "Mr. Tinubu, Will You Congratulate The Winner If It Isn't You?" Tinubu:"it's Me" / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 3:36am On Apr 13, 2023
The President-elect, Bola Tinubu, has challenged the competence of a petition the Labour Party, LP, and its candidate, Peter Obi, filed to nullify his election.

Tinubu, in a preliminary objection he filed alongside his Vice-President-elect, Senator Kashim Shettima, maintained that Obi was bereft of the locus standing to file a petition to challenge his election victory.

1. He argued that Obi was not validly nominated to contest the presidential election in line with the mandatory provisions of sections 77(2) and (3) of the Electoral Act, 2022.

2. He insisted that Obi’s name was not found on the register of members of the LP, noting that he defected to the party from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, less than 30 days before the primary election that produced him as a presidential candidate, was conducted.

3. Adducing reasons why he won the presidential election, Tinubu, in the preliminary objection he filed through his team of lawyers led by Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, said it was his consistency and track-record of excellence in public service, that endeared him to millions of the electorates across the federation.

4. He further accused Obi of jumping from one political party to the other, insisting that the LP lacked the requisite structure to win the presidential contest.

5. On his qualification, Tinubu told the Presidential Election Petition Court, PEPC, that he is a holder of a Degree of Bachelor of Science in Business and
Administration from the Chicago State University since 1979, saying he has
vast private and public sector work experience, including working with Mobil Oil Nigeria as an auditor, and later treasurer of the company.

“In a bid to actualize his quest for public service, left his lucrative and secure employment in Mobil Oil Nigeria, and forayed into active politics, as a founding member of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP).

6. “In 1992, he was elected by an overwhelming majority of lawful votes cast as a Senator of the Federal Republic Nigeria, representing Lagos West Senatorial District.

7. While denying the allegation that the election was fraught with irregularities, Tinubu, accused Obi of accepting the outcome of the election in states where he won and denigrating results from states he lost.

8.“The respondents shall further contend that the petitioners have embarked on a wild goose chase in the presentation of this petition and, in the process, are questioning results of elections where the respondents lost, including where the petitioners were declared winners, as exemplified in paragraph 73 of the petition where petitioners were querying results of Lagos, Imo and Plateau where they won, as well as Taraba, Adamawa, Bauchi and Kaduna where PDP won.

9. “The respondents contend that the entirety of the petition is about guesswork, hype, speculation and conjecture, as there is nowhere in the entirety of the petition, where the petitioners have specified in any form howsoever, the number of their votes which have been affected by irregularities which they bandy and what their total number of votes would have been on the one hand, and the number of the respondents’ votes that have been inflated by the much-touted allegations of noncompliance/corrupt practices and what the votes of the respondents would have been on the other hand.

10. “In terms of national acceptance of the 2nd respondent as a political figure, titan and maestro on the one hand, and that of the 1st petitioner on the other hand, the 2nd respondent is far ahead of the 1st petitioner in every sphere and index, and this is clearly known to Nigerians and also demonstrated by the result of the election.

10b. “Further to paragraph 103 supra, in terms of structures, stability, national spread, political office holders who have won elections, either at the national level or State and Local Government levels, as well as national acceptability/spread, the 2nd petitioner trails the 3rd respondent far behind and this is equally well known to the electorate and the petitioners themselves.

11. “Further to paragraphs 103 and 104 supra, while the 2nd and 3rd respondents scored not less than 25% of the votes cast in 29 States, cutting across the different geo-political zones, the petitioners only managed to score 25% in 16 States, in restricted geo-political zones”, Tinubu added.

12. He, therefore, prayed the court to not only dismiss Obi’s petition but to also probe election results from states the LP won.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/presidential-poll-why-i-defeated-you-tinubu-replies-obi/amp/

85 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 3:36am On Apr 13, 2023
E don happun.... Whatever you do in an election petition tribunal.... you don't want to have Lateef Fagbemi SAN and Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN on the opposing side.

The President Elect's and APC's legal team consists of the best legal minds in law practice from the southwest and the northern regions.

240 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by soloehis(m): 3:37am On Apr 13, 2023
Booked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Ireportlive: 3:39am On Apr 13, 2023
cool

**Timeline **

##April 22 2022 --- Got cleared as PDP potential aspirant and a card carrying

##April 24 2022 resigned Officially from PDP

##May 30 2022 Bought Labour Party Presidential Nominations and bribe his way as main candidate

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by orisa37: 3:43am On Apr 13, 2023
Vivianat:
The President-elect, Bola Tinubu, has challenged the competence of a petition the Labour Party, LP, and its candidate, Peter Obi, filed to nullify his election.

Tinubu, in a preliminary objection he filed alongside his Vice-President-elect, Senator Kashim Shettima, maintained that Obi was bereft of the locus standing to file a petition to challenge his election victory.

1. He argued that Obi was not validly nominated to contest the presidential election in line with the mandatory provisions of sections 77(2) and (3) of the Electoral Act, 2022.

2. He insisted that Obi’s name was not found on the register of members of the LP, noting that he defected to the party from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, less than 30 days before the primary election that produced him as a presidential candidate, was conducted.

3. Adducing reasons why he won the presidential election, Tinubu, in the preliminary objection he filed through his team of lawyers led by Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, said it was his consistency and track-record of excellence in public service, that endeared him to millions of the electorates across the federation.

4. He further accused Obi of jumping from one political party to the other, insisting that the LP lacked the requisite structure to win the presidential contest.

5. On his qualification, Tinubu told the Presidential Election Petition Court, PEPC, that he is a holder of a Degree of Bachelor of Science in Business and
Administration from the Chicago State University since 1979, saying he has
vast private and public sector work experience, including working with Mobil Oil Nigeria as an auditor, and later treasurer of the company.

“In a bid to actualize his quest for public service, left his lucrative and secure employment in Mobil Oil Nigeria, and forayed into active politics, as a founding member of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP).

6. “In 1992, he was elected by an overwhelming majority of lawful votes cast as a Senator of the Federal Republic Nigeria, representing Lagos West Senatorial District.

7. While denying the allegation that the election was fraught with irregularities, Tinubu, accused Obi of accepting the outcome of the election in states where he won and denigrating results from states he lost.

8.“The respondents shall further contend that the petitioners have embarked on a wild goose chase in the presentation of this petition and, in the process, are questioning results of elections where the respondents lost, including where the petitioners were declared winners, as exemplified in paragraph 73 of the petition where petitioners were querying results of Lagos, Imo and Plateau where they won, as well as Taraba, Adamawa, Bauchi and Kaduna where PDP won.

9. “The respondents contend that the entirety of the petition is about guesswork, hype, speculation and conjecture, as there is nowhere in the entirety of the petition, where the petitioners have specified in any form howsoever, the number of their votes which have been affected by irregularities which they bandy and what their total number of votes would have been on the one hand, and the number of the respondents’ votes that have been inflated by the much-touted allegations of noncompliance/corrupt practices and what the votes of the respondents would have been on the other hand.

10. “In terms of national acceptance of the 2nd respondent as a political figure, titan and maestro on the one hand, and that of the 1st petitioner on the other hand, the 2nd respondent is far ahead of the 1st petitioner in every sphere and index, and this is clearly known to Nigerians and also demonstrated by the result of the election.

10b. “Further to paragraph 103 supra, in terms of structures, stability, national spread, political office holders who have won elections, either at the national level or State and Local Government levels, as well as national acceptability/spread, the 2nd petitioner trails the 3rd respondent far behind and this is equally well known to the electorate and the petitioners themselves.

11. “Further to paragraphs 103 and 104 supra, while the 2nd and 3rd respondents scored not less than 25% of the votes cast in 29 States, cutting across the different geo-political zones, the petitioners only managed to score 25% in 16 States, in restricted geo-political zones”, Tinubu added.

12. He, therefore, prayed the court to not only dismiss Obi’s petition but to also probe election results from states the LP won.

LOBATAN.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Raskimonojendor: 3:44am On Apr 13, 2023
Testing testing. Mic check 1,2.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 3:51am On Apr 13, 2023

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 3:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Knockout blow to the London detainee.

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Ikechukwutech: 3:54am On Apr 13, 2023
StOla:
Knockout blow to the London detainee.

Kai this is too much 😞....

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 3:54am On Apr 13, 2023

Even after electoral loss, he was still jumping about constituting a nuisance despite already in court, until he was disgraced in London with a shameful detention like a drug trafficker.

142 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Ikechukwutech: 3:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Vivianat:
E don happun.... Whatever you do in an election petition tribunal.... you don't want to have Lateef Fagbemi SAN and Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN on the opposing side.

The President Elect's and APC's legal team consists of the best legal minds in law practice from the southwest and the northern regions.

It's going to be a season film of legal fireworks between the legal team of Nigeria and our headless mob

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 3:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Ikechukwutech:

Kai this is too much 😞....

E wan run but dem catch the werey las las like ole lasan lasan.

Won mu ni handicap.

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Mace0lane: 3:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Wahala everywhere foe the Pandora man. Pandora 🤡 wey de pursue drug case for election tribunal, nothing wey person no go see foe foolish people hand.

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 3:58am On Apr 13, 2023
StOla:

Even after electoral loss, he was still jumping about constituting a nuisance despite already in court, until he was disgraced in London with a shameful detention like a drug trafficker.

There must be something that warranted his detention. The FG should without any delay investigate the suspected crimes.... and bring justice to bear without any delay investigate

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by puremaker7(m): 4:00am On Apr 13, 2023
Obi should continuely jejely be eating his watery beans in London kuje prison.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 4:01am On Apr 13, 2023
puremaker7:
Obi should continuely jejely be eating his watery beans in London kuje prison.

The shame is just too much.

After Ekweremadu and family, then him also.

SouthEast politicians.

Ifyalways warned us all long ago, that Peter Obi is a curse and bad omen to Anambrarians.

Now his wickedness and visionlessness has caught up with him.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by MikoB: 4:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Alll the noise about Tinubu will surely go down by the the time he is sworn in on may 29,i don't know why most people now, don't think uprightly any longer, it was obvious Tinubu was going to win, immediately pdp got divided with Obi and kwankwaso leaving also there was a G5 faction as well, those of you hating Tinubu better start planning for another election with real strategy not all these propangada and defamation of name, I am not a fan of Tinubu but I don't hate him either, but from the beginning I realised there were only two ways to stop Tinubu and they were 1)God and the 2)was Buhari but Buhari decided to look other way during the primary...

366 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Ireportlive: 4:04am On Apr 13, 2023
cool

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 4:04am On Apr 13, 2023

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 4:06am On Apr 13, 2023

Fatality

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 4:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Someone should help Obi beg Tinubu to use his clout as President-elect to clear Obi's name.

The shame is too much for Nigeria.

APGA curse is strong ooo.

What was Obi even thinking betraying Ojukwu who cried in public for him just to work on the emotions of Anambrarians to vote Obi for a 2nd term?

He then later went ahead to promise he would rather die than leave APGA, only to betray APGA also, then PDP too.

Obi is so desperate and used his desperate ticket hunting to ensure Labour Party had no legitimate candidate in the presidential election.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 4:12am On Apr 13, 2023
Vivianat:

There must be something that warranted his detention. The FG should without any delay investigate the suspected crimes.... and bring justice to bear without any delay investigate

I trust Abike Dabiri and her agency to swing into action to rescue this Nigerian detained in London.

Since he is a Nigerian, we must lend a hand to defend his dignity regardless of his alleged crimes.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 4:14am On Apr 13, 2023
Vivianat:

Fatality

Obi was strictly a regional candidate.

And his history of igbocentric regionalism is well noted.

For him, everything is seen with the prism of an Igbo agenda.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by StOla: 4:25am On Apr 13, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

**Timeline **

##April 22 2022 --- Got cleared as PDP potential aspirant and a card carrying

##April 24 2022 resigned Officially from PDP

##May 30 2022 Bought Labour Party Presidential Nominations and bribe his way as main candidate

Obi was so desperate that he brought a new level of corruption to our political process.

How does one become a presidential candidate of a party, having purchased nomination forms and attended screening in another party?

Sad still is that he wanted to reap where he never laboured. He did not even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he became their presidential candidate.

Is that the example of a new Nigeria he wanted to give us?

Now the case will be thrown out since Labour Party never had a legitimate presidential candidate.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by vannessa7(f): 4:26am On Apr 13, 2023
StOla:

Obi was strictly a regional candidate.

And his history of igbocentric regionalism is well noted.

For him, everything is seen with the prism of an Igbo agenda.

Him too lie

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Ireportlive: 4:28am On Apr 13, 2023
StOla:

Obi was so desperate that he brought a new level of corruption to our political process.

How does one become a presidential candidate of a party, having purchase nomination forms and attended screening in another party.

Sad still is that he wanted to reap where he never laboured. He did not even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he became their presidential candidate.

Is that the example of a new Nigeria he wanted to give us?

Now the case will be thrown out since Labour Party never had a legitimate presidential candidate.

Nigeria dodged a bullet

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Edoreborn: 4:39am On Apr 13, 2023
Where are all these obirodent goats? Honestly I hate to do this,but ds heebhoes guys should just give up already..U want to die for a man that sworn to our great ikemba(oju iku)that the day he leaves our Apga party God should punish him,,obatala should strike him..Can that of a man be taken seriouslyHaba!!!eebhoes y na? My Igbo friends that I had good time with av stopped talking to me because ds election...

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Oche211(m): 4:52am On Apr 13, 2023
APC should calm down, they will soon return the stolen mandate

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by Vivianat(f): 4:55am On Apr 13, 2023
I heard the appointments into the new federal executive council is getting completed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by alanto: 5:17am On Apr 13, 2023
The moment obi started attacking APC anyhow and trying to ridicule the election I knew he was setting himself up for ridicule

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by SaiOba: 5:17am On Apr 13, 2023
Where did he reply from?
Awon Shamèlèss werehs🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi by adekolaelect(m): 5:37am On Apr 13, 2023
SaiOba:
Where did he reply from?
Awon Shamèlèss werehs🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
You never start crying . Your obi will enter jail or he remains erelevant politically in Nigeria.

131 Likes 12 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Dele Momodu Cautions Reno Omokri Over Attacks On Peter Obi / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.