Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. (236 Views)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Mide1data: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2022
So does this mean it's good to place bet? Just ordinary bet since despite God won, satan didn't give him anything.

Pastors' in the house, over to ya.

Lalasticlala.
Mynd44.
Seun.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Mide1data:
So does this mean it's good to place bet? Just ordinary bet since despite God won, satan didn't give him anything.

Lalasticlala.
Mynd44.
Seun.

You already know the Truth!

Ditto: Satan did give God something, R.E.S.P.E.C.T and A BOWING DOWN instead of a gloating if Job had lost.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Draslo(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2022
This is exactly part of the reason I threw out religion in my own life. I believe in a Creator. This universe is too vast and complex to assume it happened by chance. That said, religions have bastardized the Creator to suit their selfish interests. I was in junior secondary when I knew something was wrong with this Job story. Christianity teaches that God rewards the just and doesn't pave way for evil but Job's family was wiped out because of a bet just like the OP put it.

People have no idea how much Christianity, Judaism and Islam are influenced by ancient Sumerian (and other middle eastern) beliefs.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Draslo(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You already know the Truth!

Ditto: Satan did give God something, R.E.S.P.E.C.T and A BOWING DOWN instead of a gloating if Job had lost.
I hope you're being sarcastic
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Adeling(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2022
It's wrong to make this assertion. What do you mean that he didn't give him nothing. God needs nothing from anyone outside worship and reverence and that's is exactly what the devil did at the time he was presenting himself along side the other host before God.

What God did wasn't a bet but test or trial (there's a difference) and Job passed not because God didn't know he would pass but he wanted this to be an example to mankind now and in the future that a man can be in deep sorrow and still love God regardless.

No matter how mankind tend to play the victim, everything that God does and will ever do is for a clear-cut reason if you know the scriptures and yes it includes the pain we are allowed to face as humans.

1 Like

Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:27am On Jul 24, 2022
Draslo:
This is exactly part of the reason I threw out religion in my own life. I believe in a Creator. This universe is too vast and complex to assume it happened by chance. That said, religions have bastardized the Creator to suit their selfish interests. I was in junior secondary when I knew something was wrong with this Job story. Christianity teaches that God rewards the just and doesn't pave way for evil but Job's family was wiped out because of a bet just like the OP put it...

If you believe in Creator then you would have known that that the wiping out of the Creators toys is not a problem for the Creator for He can also bring them back or remake them as the story showed and proved that Job even got double of all that he lost.

Exactly you are already wasting your time destroying iPhones as long Steve Jobs is interested in keeping it alive. So even if you destroy a million, he can replace them or remake them.

So, you are wrong.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2022
Draslo:

I hope you're being sarcastic

Nope!

When you lose fairly and justly to a person better than you, even if you said nothing, have you not given him the respect that he won and that he is the Winner?
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Draslo(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If you believe in Creator then you would have known that that the wiping out of the Creators toys is not a problem for the Creator for He can also bring them back or remake them as the story showed and proved that Job even got double of all that he lost.

Exactly you are already wasting your time destroying iPhones as long Steve Jobs is interested in keeping it alive. So even if you destroy a million, he can replace them or remake them.

So, you are wrong.
Damn! Something is wrong with you bro

1 Like

Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Draslo(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Nope!

When you lose fairly and justly to a person better than you, even if you said nothing, have you not given him the respect that he won and that he is the Winner?
So God needs validation from 'Satan'? Wow!

1 Like

Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by tctrills: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2022
Mide1data:

Lalasticlala.
Mynd44.
Seun.
You could call it a bet but it wasn't a gamble because God knew perfectly what would happen.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by MITCHELL96: 10:22am On Jul 24, 2022
Really ? God bet on Job ? shocked
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Draslo:

So God needs validation from 'Satan'? Wow!

See how filthy you are? Where in my answer did I say or suggest "need validation"?

Did I not just express what naturally happens at the end of a contest when a contestant loses? You just had to show the snake you are.
Re: God Had A Bet With Satan On Job. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Draslo:

Damn! Something is wrong with you bro

Proof that you do not know what it means to be A Creator neither do you believe in it.

(1) (Reply)

How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God / Zoleka, Nelson Mandela's Granddaughtergod Of Chosen Heals / Where Did You Worship Today. Represent Your Donomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.