Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) (51816 Views)

I Have Not Been Served Any Impeachment Notice - Edo Dep-governor, Shaibu / FUTO: ASUU Rejects Own Committee Report Confirming Pantami's Professorship / Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by newdawn2017(f): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Moddam:
Atiku cannot rule this country as an Hausa man, not possible. Buhari cannot hand over power to his fellow fulani man after 8 years in office. It is the turn of the South, a Christian precisely. Know this and know peace.
but no SS man worn primaries naa. I guess it shall go then to SW as it is or do u mean SW, cos there is S there before d W. Pls be specific. Cos I know no southern man won primaries. It's supposed to be SS turn u know. S.East re completely ruled out from ruling Nigeria, they should wait till they get Biafra land.

1 Like

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by ibechris(m): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Northernblood8:

Was the salary increased or not?

Go and Verify.

Obi played his part but Professors kept on asking for more.

Instead of getting more,Buhari reduced it further.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Grandmeister(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
seunmsg:

That’s exactly my point. ASUU strikes are more complicated than limiting it to salary increment. That ASUU refused to call off the strike despite the increment is a good indication that Peter Obi lacked the basic understanding of what the problems were all about.

At national level, ASUU demands even gets more complicated. If Obi becomes president, I see ASUU going on strike for over a year. We must do everything to dodge this Obi bullet.
Zombies like you that voted a nepa certificate holder are now acting as if education matters to you lots? Abeg Getat!
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by poiZon: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Did ASUU go on strike for over 6 months under his watch? If he couldn’t prevent local ASUU from going on strike for over 6 months in Anambra state, how will he resolve the problem of ASUU on a national scale?

National ASUU is currently on strike and their demand is not about salary increment. So, if Obi’s only solution to ASUU problem is to increase salary, it’s obvious then that he’s not the right guy for the job as ASUU demands are far more than salary increment.
If ASUU demand isnt salary then the govt should give them autonomy 100% to run their facilities..
Whatever amount they like they can charge for tuition..
Govt won't intervene anymore in their quest to ensure quality education for Nigerians.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

Oga is this ur way of dodging ,because am sure you must have open the link and read through.
They are the least paid in all the whole country, some of anambra doctors had to relocate to other state civil service( off course Lagos inclusive).
Even in your dreams, stop comparing Tinubu's achievements as a governor to Peter Obi

I can’t believe that you’d display your low IQ to this extent ffs grin

You posted an article from when doctors were on strike and I simply told you that after the new salary scheme was implemented that they became one of the highest paid medical staff in the country. What is hard to understand there abi are you suddenly finding it hard to comprehend English?

You have no point here and comparing Lagos that was once an FCT and with the magnitude of resources at its disposal, still rates low among other African cities in its category to Anambra that was decimated by the war and officially created in 1991 is laughable lmao. You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a Tinubu that has robbed Lagosians blind for over a decade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Harryj12: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=StrongandMighty post=115043491]We are patiently waiting to see just one good thing the Drug baron of Iragbiji have done or ASUU... [/]its on record workers neva went on strike during his tenure
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Soso990240(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I assume you are his accountant general to know this. Bring out the newspapers that reported all this your ogogoro joint statistics biko.

Let's assume, your beer Palour hate filled start is true, Tinubu did not meet any debt on the accounting sheets of Lagos right? A state coming from a military dictator? Continue. And its when Tinubu became Gov was 600 million, don't give us bobo fake news. We owe him an appreciation for working to bringing it to 83 billion before he left office.

As Buhari has failed his campaign promises, you are free to sue him and go and protest before the Aso Rock.

How is that the fault of Tinubu? Is he the one holding the presidential power and chairing the National Executive Council meetings?
You choose not to remember that immediately Buhari came to power, he alienated Tinubu from the Party and corridor of powers, so Tinubu has zero influence on this administration. All you complains should go to Buhari. Leave Tinubu alone. Na only him waka come?

Don't kill or castigate our Tinubu for us like you people did to Awolowo,Abiola MKO, Obasanjo..... We don't need you to vote for them. Vote your obi, we have no problem with that. Thank you
Lol. U are trying so hard to put ur druglord's name among great men of Yoruba origin..
Tuueeehhh.. as a Yoruba man, i knew that Ibos supported and voted for Obasanjo, even when their Ojukwu was contesting. Now, why would u blame tem if they have seen someone more credible than ur Crimiinal Tinubu? Ambode himself release the debt statement and how Tinubu Government borrowed the Billions, it was everywhere, but the Media houses owned by ur master Tinub tried to suppress the news ..lol. why is Tinubu still collecting tax from every shop in every market in Lagos state? No be thief be that? Is Lagos his personal Business empire?
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by tonyson010(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
very bad to bring something of 2010 up here as if it is current.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Aldol: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

I can’t believe that you’d display your low IQ to this extent ffs grin

You posted an article from when doctors were on strike and I simply told you that after the new salary scheme was implemented that they became one of the highest paid medical staff in the country. What is hard to understand there abi are you suddenly finding it hard to comprehend English?

You have no point here and comparing Lagos that was once an FCT and with the magnitude of resources at its disposal, still rates low among other African cities in its category to Anambra that was decimated by the war and officially created in 1991 is laughable lmao. You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a Tinubu that has robbed Lagosians blind for over a decade
E be like say you dull or you intentionally shifting goal post , the article I sent was in 2020
I have debunked your lies so you moved to another defense of lagos being former capital
You obedient's are pathetic
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

E be like say you dull or you intentionally shifting goal post , the article I sent was in 2020
I have debunked your lies so you moved to another defense of lagos being former capital
You obedient's are pathetic

Send link bros grin

Modified: Just read through and bro Aldol be like you get faulty comprehension skills. They agreed to start with percentage payment then periodically review after some time to increase the salaries. Was Obiano not the one supposed to be responsible for that after Obi left office? What party does he belong to?
APC!!!! grin

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Aldol: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

Send link bros grin
Lol check my previous quote
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

Lol check my previous quote

Replied you bro, what else?
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by effort1: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Commentor:
After 6 months.

Can the students recover the 6 months lost?

Is it a sin for the students to have chosen Anambra state to further their education?

How many months has Buhari refused to listen to ASUU?

Despite buhari's failure to respond to ASUU demand, you are still defending him....you are defending failure.

Is it a sin for the students to have chosen Nigerian federal universities to further their education?

I think you are too morally rotten to comment on this.

Tí wọ́n bá n dín'wó alágbàfọ̀, kò yẹ kó kon atòọ́lè
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Commentor: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
effort1:

How many months has Buhari refused to listen to ASUU?

Despite buhari's failure to respond to ASUU demand, you are still defending him....you are defending failure.

Is it a sin for the students to have chosen Nigerian federal universities to further their education?

I think you are too morally rotten to comment on this.

[b]Tí wọ́n bá n dín'wó alágbàfọ̀, kò yẹ kó kon atòọ́lè

What is this one saying?

If you claim Buhari failed with ASUU, then without stuttering OBI FAILED.

I know you cannot admit it because you are a hypocrite.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Aldol: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

Replied you bro, what else?
I like you sha, u smart but I wise pass you
sha
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

I like you sha, u smart but I wise pass you
sha

grin Normally if no be politics and insecurity we suppose dey chill one side dey download one or two bottles. Sha las las issue no dey just try vote Obi next year abeg grin
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by fredoooooo: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
Shawl001:
To be candid,
This write up got me confused a little.
I had to scroll back up again to look at the date.
...to now discover it's a recap from 2010.

So they are still digging up something against this man..

PO - man of the people!

Wait make campaign start , sebi he's an Angel grin
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Aldol: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

grin Normally if no be politics and insecurity we suppose dey chill one side dey download one or two bottles. Sha las las issue no dey just try vote Obi next year abeg grin
Piece,that' beauty of Democracy,everyone has a civic right to vote.
Sha vote Tinubu,forget all the media hogwash and condemnation. Gracias

1 Like

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

Piece,that' beauty of Democracy,everyone has a civic right to vote.
Sha vote Tinubu,forget all the media hogwash and condemnation. Gracias

No wahala bro, sha las las next year will come and pass. Let’s just hope that whoever comes in will make things better
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by DeOTR: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
dmostcheerful:

Did you even read what one of the professors wrote, the salary was met but they need a salary structure, in the sense that even when Peter Obi leaves office it will be maintained.
Please in other facet you might find something against Peter Obi but not when it comes to education.
Obi that I know don't joke with it.
Whatever be, he solved Anambra's strike issues within 6months and it lasted uptil today, even when he left office.
I read where someone said they spent 6months at home cause if strike, the said strike was July to January in the whole of eastern state, even when others went back they still go back to strike after some period, from that time today ANSU have never been on strike, I am not asking you not to check, I am telling you to go and verify.
My sister went to unizik, she was about going to 300 level when my cousin sis gained admission in ANSU, my sister and my cousin graduated same year.
I am not asking you not to check, go and verify.
What ever made Anambra state to stay of strike can work in Nigeria.
If the above assertion wasn't right, I doubt our lecturers will agree.
I rest my case.
I am not saying Obi is a saint, I am saying he is 10timea better than all other candidates combined.
I have no business with any State Government doing their job to prevent their employees from going on strike. Am I supposed to be celebrating that? I'm from Kwara State, and as bad as successive Governors are, Kwara State University don't go on strike.
What I'm disputing here is salaries of Professors in Anambra doubling that of the Deputy Governor. I'm interested in knowing exactly how much they earn.

1 Like

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Alabaintprice(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
Wow, all efforts to drag Obi down. This just came out DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Is it not same ANSU that I entered in 2010 and graduated in 2014.

What are you guys talking about.

I will say and confidently say that Obi played a major role in making sure that ANSU didn't go on strike even when the so called ASUU ANSU chapter were looking for more that what they are supposed to get. Those useless greedy dagfots that calls themselves lecturers. Especially Jaja... Stupid ass dick head.

Point is.. today ANSU can pay lecturers by themselves . ANSU is not on strike with other schools.

Stop wasting your time digging what you won't find.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Omoslim26: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Did ASUU go on strike for over 6 months under his watch? If he couldn’t prevent local ASUU from going on strike for over 6 months in Anambra state, how will he resolve the problem of ASUU on a national scale?

National ASUU is currently on strike and their demand is not about salary increment. So, if Obi’s only solution to ASUU problem is to increase salary, it’s obvious then that he’s not the right guy for the job as ASUU demands are far more than salary increment.

You see this two men,Obi and Okorocha you can sham then for anything else but most definitely not education.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Idaytesj29(m): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Soso990240:
Lol. U are trying so hard to put ur druglord's name among great men of Yoruba origin..
Tuueeehhh.. as a Yoruba man, i knew that Ibos supported and voted for Obasanjo, even when their Ojukwu was contesting. Now, why would u blame tem if they have seen someone more credible than ur Crimiinal Tinubu? Ambode himself release the debt statement and how Tinubu Government borrowed the Billions, it was everywhere, but the Media houses owned by ur master Tinub tried to suppress the news ..lol. why is Tinubu still collecting tax from every shop in every market in Lagos state? No be thief be that? Is Lagos his personal Business empire?

Yes, he is our criminal and we will vote him. Vote your saint Obi. That never stole, that assu didnt strike under him, that medical doctors didnt strike under him, that police brutality didnt happen under his watch, that did not know about Pandora fraud, that developed anambra so much that Ndi Anambras do not have to troop to Tinubu's Lagos.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Aldol: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

No wahala bro, sha las las next year will come and pass. Let’s just hope that whoever comes in will make things better
Amen , na our prayer be that o
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Idaytesj29(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
DeOTR:

I have no business with any State Government doing their job to prevent their employees from going on strike. Am I supposed to be celebrating that? I'm from Kwara State, and as bad as successive Governors are, Kwara State University don't go on strike.
What I'm disputing here is salaries of Professors in Anambra doubling that of the Deputy Governor. I'm interested in knowing exactly how much they earn.

Don't mind them, its all those propaganda and hyping lies to sell Obi candidacy to gullible voters.
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by goshikid: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Elliotg:
Obi has nothing to lose, idiot. And God willing, as many of us that will survive either tinubu or any other person, we will be here judge that govt.
You dy insult me

Shebi if I start now u won't say I'm wicked
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by chiboycue: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
I am not concerned with what happened in 2010. I am concerned with the present state of my nation.

So much insecurity, inflation, joblessness, high crime rate, high fuel pump price, long queues in the filling station, high debt rate, ASUU strike, etc. The list is endless.

I believe deep in my heart that Mr Peter Obi will be a better President than Alhaji Atiku and Jagaban.

I remain obedient come ,2023
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by jamace(m): 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
MRSALT:
Yes, ASUU Nationwide went on strike because of 2009 agreement they had with Federal Govt. ASUU Anambra State partipated in the Strike. It's was only Peter Obi as Governor of Anambra State that had a lasting solution to the problems. It's history that after call-off of the Strike. ASUU Anambra State chapter never participated in any Strike action called by the ASUU national body. That's what true leadership can bring to table. True leadership does not guarantee lack of problems, but it guarantees providing lasting solutions to every problem that comes up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/anambra-varsity-ASUU-calls-off-strike/amp/
Thank you, jare. Don't mind BAT supporters looking for Obi fault to cling unto.

*IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEFEND THIS MAN CALLED TINUBU*

1. YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIS NAME

2. YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIS AGE

3. YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIS NATIONALITY

4. YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIS STATE OF ORIGIN

5. You have to Defend his Health Status

6. You have to Defend his shaking hands

7. You have to Defend his source of wealth

8. You have to Defend his drug Lord case

9. You have to Defend his MUSLIM/MUSLIM ticket

10. And now, you have to Defend His Bishops.

,,,Bros, abeg, I no fit! The thing too much.

*Copied*
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Steviealohan(m): 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Tinubu supporters should come and dig up this Bishop, where did he emanate frm and which church does he preside..? Nigerians needs answer.

Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
seunmsg:

That’s exactly my point. ASUU strikes are more complicated than limiting it to salary increment. That ASUU refused to call off the strike despite the increment is a good indication that Peter Obi lacked the basic understanding of what the problems were all about.

At national level, ASUU demands even gets more complicated. If Obi becomes president, I see ASUU going on strike for over a year. We must do everything to dodge this Obi bullet.

You are so unwise

So who do you think would solve the ASUU strike once and for all? Atiku? Tinubu? I laugh. Your ignorance is topnotch. You remind me of the biblical scene where Pilate asked the crowd who they wanted to go scot free between Jesus and Barabbas. And the people chose Barabbas to be set free and screamed for them to crucify Jesus undecided and they said let his blood be upon their head and their children's head . Those people knew Jesus was blameless and a good man but they hated him for no reason.

They asked for Barabbas to be released even though he had not made an open declaration that he has repented as a notorious thief. They didn't mind if he comes out of prison and continue stealing their goods and resources.

That is the same thing you and your fellow urchins are doing right now but you will all be disappointed and put to shame in Jesus name. Amen angry
Re: Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) by DonMekino(m): 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Imagine if the investigative journalism given to Obi is channeled towards other aspirants...some ppl are just happy seeing anything that tarnishes his image, forgetting that he has no structure and as such cannot be a threat to your aspirants.... afterall there other aspirants aside APC and PDP and nobody is talking about them because "they are not a threat and don't matter", so why is the structureless LP giving you ppl headache??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anger As Appeal Court Sacks 3rd Governor In Opposition Parties In 4 Days / General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos) / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.