Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? (1764 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Assumptabeke(f): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2022
Except you are getting married to a very materialistic woman that has chosen not to work, or a woman that is not content, I see no reason why she shouldn't know how much you earn. You people keep hiding things from your wives when things goes south, you will say she cannot support or doesn't understand you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by faithfull18(f): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Why are you married to someone you can't tell stuffs you can't tell other people The answer is Yes.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
purehustle101:
Naso see finish take dey start.. African men has sold there pride to pussy. Like literally who does that.
Look, if you feel you need to hide a part of yourself from your partner in order to receive what you think is love in return, what you are involved in is a covert-mission type of marriage and not a marriage based on what is real love. undecided

If a woman no like you after she sees you finish, she never really loved you to begin with. So, do you want to be loved in marriage, or do you want to manage a covert operation in the name of marriage instead? You decide what you are worth. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Greatzeus(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
debbydams:
on a contrary...not all women tho
My husband tells me everything, his earning, his savings, I don't demand or impose anything on him, I know his atms pins and there was a time he had issues with his account all this money was in my account..when he rectified his account I returned his money..
If your woman likes material things den its not safe letting her know but if she's not then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
You are one in a thousand or million even
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by frozen70(f): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
MrChriz:
I have heard some of my married colleagues saying that it's not adiseable for a man to tell his wife how much he earns while some other married colleagues said there is nothing wrong with that..I know this platform has a lot of wise people, I want a general opinion especially from married couple on this. I have plans of settling down next year,

Please mod help a brother and move this to front page.

Well it depends on the understanding you have with your wife

If she is the good type and has always been willing and ready to assist you, then you both have to be open to each other

If she is the type that demands too much yet doesn't make any contributions to the family upkeep

Then there is no need for you to inform her

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by limitless101: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
Perception is oftentimes reality. Once your full financial worth is known, sizing you up and automatically knowing your financial limitations is certain, and that is bad for any man (married or not).
A little bit of mystery and surprises spices up any relationship. When your total earnings is known, there can be no surprises.
NB: women love surprises ��
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by coputa(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Rule of thumb; tell her 60% of what you earn. cheesy
why?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by coputa(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
For you to enjoy a long lasting marriage filled with trust with your wife,you have to lay yourself open and bare.whether she is materialistic or not,as soon she knows that you're open to her,then you've won her trust.women like a man they can trust. Then she's ready to co-operate with you to build the home.give her the pay cheque and set your boundaries,give to her,her share for up keep,let her know your savings and your future plans,like acquiring a land/building a house.put her in the picture.i bet you,she will work with you.she may be willing to support you,because she knows you have something upstairs,but,if she put in the dark,about your finances,she will making unrealistic demands and maybe,living extravagantly.I am saying all these from experience..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heart Breakin Story / Why Is It That We Nigerians Like To Show Off ? / UR Childhood Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.