Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? (1736 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by MrChriz: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
I have heard some of my married colleagues saying that it's not adiseable for a man to tell his wife how much he earns while some other married colleagues said there is nothing wrong with that..I know this platform has a lot of wise people, I want a general opinion especially from married couple on this. I have plans of settling down next year,

Please mod help a brother and move this to front page.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by glufe: 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Your wife has no business with your earnings. Just play the role of a man by providing for the family. The moment she finds out your earnings, she begins to value you with it and inturn disrespects you most especially when she makes unrealistic demands.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by muyico(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Depend on d kindz of woman u ha dating. If she too likes money and nt wrking dont disclose it

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by VeryWickedMan: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Not advisable.
Only your side chick should know such info about you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Seniorwriter(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Front Page Kind of thread.....FP straight @Moderators...

Like I usually advice some peeps that enquire on this issue from me some years back that it is how you relate with your wife that's how she'll respond to your actions and directives moreso how she manages the information you put @her disposal.
Letting your woman know your salary worth or your Income is subjective to how you both compliment and comprehend each other.
Marriage is about knowing who your spouse is and getting to live a life of companionship and if you have a companion then you shouldn't hide anything whatsoever from each other...simple and basic.
Howbeit most times my male counterparts fail in their responsibility to draw the line between privacy and companionship.....how on earth will you hide how much you earn from a better half unless you are not married to someone that compliments you then you are on your own.

glufe:
Your wife has no business with your earnings. Just play the role of a man by providing for the family. The moment she finds out your earnings, she begins to value you with it and inturn disrespects you most especially when she makes unrealistic demands.
You don't have a wife but a housemate....going by your post.
Rayban25:
Only if you dont want peace
Pinned.....you are not married.
jmoore:
You are a football player and you don't want to tell your wife how much you earn?

When the internet knows your salary.
Pinned....
jesmond3945:
oga do you and leave others to do their own.
You have a problem with me quoting them with my opinion? Last time I checked you are not a moderator on NL....get a life.
satandeterrible:

Ode
Congrats on your mention...your moniker spells it all.

@Seniorwriter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Choilila: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Your decisions Mr.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Only if you dont want peace

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by jmoore(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
You are a football player and you don't want to tell your wife how much you earn?

When the internet knows your salary.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by damosade(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Comrade..abort the mission of see me finish in your finance.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Bledriel: 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
glufe:

Very straightforward. You go sabi take free kick
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by ExMI6(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
If there is trust in both of em, why not
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by OvulatoryMenses(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
If you can't tell your wife how much you earn as a married man ,then who will you tell undecided

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by slimjohn2k5: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
From my experience, my answer is No.
Reason is that when I told my wife what I am earning, the money I give was never enough till I tell her how I spent the money. The demand keep coming because she knows and keeps calculating the remainder.
Moreover, they will not tell u theirs.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by AjiBussu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Not advisable
MrChriz:
I have heard some of my married colleagues saying that it's not adiseable for a man to tell his wife how much he earns while some other married colleagues said there is nothing wrong with that..I know this platform has a lot of wise people, I want a general opinion especially from married couple on this. I have plans of settling down next year,

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Ulunne777(f): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
It depends on the kind of wife.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by glufe: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bledriel:

Very straightforward. You go sabi take free kick
Boss, even corner kick sef. I dey dere.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Raalsalghul: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Rule of thumb; tell her 60% of what you earn. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by jesmond3945: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:
Front Page Kind of thread.....FP straight @Moderators...

Like I usually advice some peeps that enquire on this issue from me some years back that it is how you relate with your wife that's how she'll respond to your actions and directives moreso how she manages the information you put @her disposal.
Letting your woman know your salary worth or your Income is subjective to how you both compliment and comprehend each other.
Marriage is about knowing who your spouse is and getting to live a life of companionship and if you have a companion then you shouldn't hide anything whatsoever from each other...simple and basic.
Howbeit most times my male counterparts fail in their responsibility to draw the line between privacy and companionship.....how on earth will you hide how much you earn from a better half unless you are not married to someone that compliments you then you are on your own.

You don't have a wife but a housemate....going by your post.

Pinned.....you are not married.

Pinned....

@Seniorwriter
oga do you and leave others to do their own.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by talk2hb1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Telling Your Wife your earning is a terrible idea. It's not about trust, it's more of respect. If she do respect you, she shouldn't know about your salary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
MrChriz:

This all depends on what each couple decides. I mean you alone know the level of comfort and security you enjoy in what is your relationship. While some are insecure in their relationship, others aren't. undecided
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Mariangeles(f): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
The kind of relationship the couple share will determine that.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by yemmit90: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yes but not everything, about 70% of it.

Also dont ever tell a woman you are totally broke, just say the money you are expecting is not yet out, by this method, she would gladly release her money to you and still respect you even if you dont pay back.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by debbydams(f): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2022
glufe:
on a contrary...not all women tho
My husband tells me everything, his earning, his savings, I don't demand or impose anything on him, I know his atms pins and there was a time he had issues with his account all this money was in my account..when he rectified his account I returned his money..
If your woman likes material things den its not safe letting her know but if she's not then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by RightToReject(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2022
Why not! However, the day she abuses the privilege of knowing will automatically mark the beginning of her problem in the union.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by ibechris(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
glufe:

U are not married just keep quiet.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by wunmi590(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2022

This shouldn't even be a debate at all, in my own opinion it is a YES..

My wife knows my salary, infact, she has seen my offer letter before, my promotion and how much was added to to my salary and my current earning, I know her own too and have access to her ATM pin.

Wify is not materialistic, she works and buy whatever she likes with her money and I do my own responsibility as the head of the family as at when due.

She can't force me to giver her what I don't have even if I earn 10million...

As a couple it is not advisable to keep secret from each other, anything can happen to either of the couple, I don't think of present alone, I think more about the future

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Mindlog: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Why would a man marry and live with a woman, he trusts enough not to add poison to the food and water she serves him, nor have him snuffed out while sleeping but he feels his being a real man is tied to being secretive about his earnings.......sha at least he should let his children know since he doesn't trust his wife in that regards, so we would have less incidents of a man dies, his widow and children will be struggling whereas he left behind assets his family have no knowledge of.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by ibechris(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
U got married and still hide everything from your wife as if she's your side chick...u have a mental problem.

Some Nigerian men have serious problem.

No wonder those couples who discuss money and even their salaries make good families.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
ibechris:
U got married and still hide everything from your wife as if she your side chick...u have a mental problem.
Some Nigerian men have serious problem.No wonder those couples who discuss money and even their salaries make good families.
I actually agree with the statement in bold. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by purehustle101(m): 1:16am On Jul 26, 2022
Naso see finish take dey start.. African men has sold there pride to pussy. Like literally who does that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by glufe: 7:31am On Jul 26, 2022
debbydams:
on a contrary...not all women tho
My husband tells me everything, his earning, his savings, I don't demand or impose anything on him, I know his atms pins and there was a time he had issues with his account all this money was in my account..when he rectified his account I returned his money..
If your woman likes material things den its not safe letting her know but if she's not then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
You are a good woman. God will continue to bless you ma.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex And Marriage : What's The Catch? / The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland / Marriage Problems. . . Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.