Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity (613 Views)

Voting Ends Abruptly At Wike’s Polling Unit, Ballot Boxes Carried (Video, Photo) / House Of Reps Adjourns Plenary Abruptly Over Lack Of Paper / PDP Abuja Protest Ends Abruptly As Members Escape Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by iwaeda: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2022
Federal Ministry of Education has directed closure of Federal Government Colleges (FGCs) located in FCT and ordered immediate evacuation of students.
It was gathered that the decision was as a result of rising insecurity and threat to the lives, security and wellbeing of the students therein.
While some schools were asked for vacate latest on Wednesday, some other schools disseminate messages to parents on Sunday asking them not to fail to come pick their children on Monday, unfailingly, perhaps, due to rising fear, anxiety and threat.
Late Sunday evening, an unconfirmed reports trended on social media indicating that there were heavy shootings in Federal Government Colleges (FGCs) Kwali, Abuja, and parents were rushing to the school to ascertain the safety of their children and possibly return home with them until calm is restored.
Daily Sun could not reach the school authorities for reactions, but a parent identified as Chika whose three children are in FGC Kwali, confirmed that a message came from the school that parents should come pick their children not later than Monday noon.
She said: “We received message from the school about the latest development but no explanation was attached to the message. So, when we reach the school on Monday maybe, we would get more details on what led to the sudden decision.”
A senior staff at Federal Government Girls’ College (FGGC), Bwari, Abuja, who pleaded anonymity said the directive they received from the Federal Ministry of Education, was that students should vacate the school before Wednesday, that no student should be found in the school by Wednesday.
Similarly, a parent whose son is in JSS 3 in Federal Government Boys’ College, Apo, Abuja, confirmed that the school is shutting down on Monday as against the date in the calendar and parents have been asked to come pick their children on Monday unfailingly.
He said: “My son told me that they were rushed to finish their examination, that they wrote four subjects everyday which, to me, was too much for the brain of these children.
“I also learnt that Federal Government Technical College, Orozo, Abuja, sent children packing since on Friday last week, immediately the rushed them to finish the examination as against the calendar. This is abnormal, and it’s an indication or points to the fact that there’s a threat, and it’s wise for the schools to release the children back to their parents.”
As a time of press, the Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr. Ben Goong, could not be reached for reactions.
However, a senior staff of the Ministry admitted that the situation is not normal and that it could be because of the rising insecurity at the fringes of Abuja where the schools are located, and the need to secure the lives of the students that might had prompted the decision to shut the schools abruptly.
The source said: “The new Minister of State for Education, Goodluck Opiah, was scheduled to tour about five UnitySchools in Abuja last week to get first hand information on the state of the affairs in the schools, but the tour was cancelled at the 11th hour without adequate explanation.
“Information had it that the schools said they were writing examinations preparatory for long vacation, hence it will inappropriate for the Minister and his team to visit the schools at the moment.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/fgcs-in-abuja-shut-abruptly-over-rising-insecurity/
Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Zonefree(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2022
Shutting down schools in capital city cos of insecurity. undecided

APC and Buhari have failed Nigerians. Any person contesting under APC should be stoned if Nigeria is a sane nation.

2 Likes

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Racoon(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2022
May this deteriorating widespread insecurity consume whosoever defends or supports this present satanic government laden with terrorists and their sympathizers who see nothing in the sanctity of lives being wasted daily by their foot soldier.

1 Like

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by limeta(f): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2022
The jihad is waxing stronger
Islamazation on full Throttle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Racoon(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2022
Terrorists are in government.So what do One expects?

1 Like

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Frizz001: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2022
Kai! Buhari, Tinubu and all things APC should bow their heads in shame! They thought propaganda will still serve as good governance then Lai Mohammed will come out to say Nigeria is secure and investors should ignore liars while Investigator Fashola says security has improved! I wonder how they think if they keep uttering shameless lies it will somehow turn out to be true without recourse to the realities on ground! Garba Shehu will soon come and express Buhari's shock for him...mad men everywhere.

Meanwhile, what has happened to Femi Asdesina? He hasn't been writing speeches in a while...

2 Likes

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by engrsyer(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2022
I am not surprised at all with the level of insecurity in the North which is gradually entering Abuja and soon it would enter the metropolitan cities of Abuja and then they would relocate FCT back to the South because of fear of insecurity.

What would the poor man do? Nothing. That's why the emir in Zamfara has to deposed himself for a notorious terrorist to become emir because the Govt has failed her citizens wholly. What a shame.

Because of insecurity I couldn't register for COREN conference because it doesn't worth risking my life for after seen what happen to Kuje prison, kidnappings, killings etc.

Abeg God bless my hustling make I also join my friends them japa from this blood thirsty demonic government that can't protect her citizens despite economic hardship.

Tufiakwa
Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Bethel4Life(f): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2022
U will not see urchins like Seunmsg and throwback here

But let it be a fake news from the east, that's wen they will start crawling out of there huts to masturbate

1 Like

Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by AfricanColumbus: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2022
Reserved.
Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by Onuigbodabere: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2022
From schools the next will be banks, hospitals and minsteries. Nigeria has been destroyed from within.
Re: FGCs In Abuja Shut Abruptly Over Rising Insecurity by GamalNasser: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2022
It is over

(1) (Reply)

FG Confirms Purchase Of N1.4 Billion Worth Of Vehicles For Niger Republic / A Law Must Be Enacted To Stop Indefinite Detention By DSS / 2023 Presidential Poll Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.