Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream (37424 Views)

Man Robbed At Gunpoint On Osborne Road, Ikoyi; Bleeds (Video) / Noel Njoku, Nigerian Driver Shot Dead While Delivering Food In USA (Picture) / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by naijapower(m): 6:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Bishop Lamor Whitehead says five to ten minutes into the sermon, he saw the door in the back of the room kicked open and three to four men walked in with guns. He believes he was targeted, the station says. The service was being livestreamed.

"I said, 'Alright, alright, alright,' pretty much stating that I'm not going to do anything because I know you're coming for me. You're coming straight to me. I don't want my parishioners hurt. I've got women and children there," said Whitehead, of Leaders of Tomorrow International Ministries.

"As I got down, one went to my wife and took all her jewelry and had the gun in front of my 8-month-old baby's face. Took off my bishop's ring, my wedding band and took off my bishop's chain, and then I had chains underneath my robe and he started tapping my neck to see if anything else. So that means they knew. They watched and they knew that I have other jewelry," he explained.

The church's livestream shows the gun being held on the pastor.

"They had guns on my deacons that was at the door," said Whitehead.

What you don't see on camera, Whitehead said, are around 100 congregants who were in the room. Men, women and children dropped to the floor in silence.

"My church is traumatized. The women and children are still crying. Babies are still crying," said Whitehead.

According to police, the men took off in a white Mercedes. Whitehead said cops have a license plate and witnesses saw the men change clothes outside.

"These men, they need to turn themselves in," Whitehead said. "I forgive you and I'm praying for you, and I hope that God delivers you from the mindset of who you are at this time."

Whitehead believes his family was targeted because of the publicity he received when he helped turn in the suspect wanted in the fatal subway shooting of 48-year-old Daniel Enriquez in May.

"I turned him in, but the media called me 'the bling, bling bishop.' They had my Rolls-Royce caw all over everywhere, and I feel that that played a part in this," said Whitehead. "I think all pastors should be able to get permits for pistols."

The NYPD is investigating and Whitehead said Mayor Eric Adams and top police brass have called him pledging support to find the suspects.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the mayor said, "No one in this city should be the victim of armed robbery, let alone our faith leaders and congregants worshiping in a House of God. The NYPD is investigating this crime and will work tirelessly to bring the criminals involved to justice."

No one was hurt during the robbery.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lamor-whitehead-brooklyn-bishop-robbed-gunpoint-sermon-livestream/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Totilopussylick(m): 6:39am On Jul 26, 2022
So Unfortunates

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Righthussle: 6:42am On Jul 26, 2022
I been wan ask weda Jehovah, God of Israel still dey operate outside Israel at all abi him don limit him Operation to only Israel? I no understand why Jehovah wey do all the miracles for bible no fit protect Nigeria Christians from killings. Or even if him no protect them outside, at least protect them from being killed or attacked in his house (church).

But I no go talk biko, make Nigeria Christians wey I dey speak for no transfer their aggression come my side.

Nigeria Christians don dey Nigeria Muslims don sell NNPC to themselves, na after four years dem go begin cry. make I no talk self after all I NO BE CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by puremaker7(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
US is a developed shithole, Nigeria is just the headquarter of (ASC) Association of shitholes countries .

That one no mean say thunder no go still fire Buhari left scrotrum.

Food don cost like mad for my area.

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Thy kingdom come......

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Manny21: 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Bandits take style dey Yankee too.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by fasho01(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Oh! In America.. I'd have been shocked if it were here in Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by tillaman(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Wtf
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by madridguy(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
No where is safe again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by jamezman(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Strange things are happening.
People now see crime as well paid job and lucrative business.
May God continue to Airpus in times like this..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Princelumide: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2022
So unfortunate...
angry
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by HappyPagan: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2022
His god was killed by 3 nails. Gun suppose fear am. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by adioolayi(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2022
USA is turning into another thing entirely
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by C2Ok: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Person think say na 9ja
Cus anything is possible in this failed project of a country cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Owaincouncil: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Alright.
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Mazipc: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by unclejb2(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Unknown bishop
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by lonelydora: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Immediately I read "Alright, Alright Alright......" without reading further, I knew it didn't happen in Nigeria.

Which Nigeria robber will have time for such discussion?

They will burst door open and fire shots.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by amoduganja: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
hmm
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by naijapower(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Security is important
Do you want to SELL/BUY Vehicle, Property,Laptop,Phone ?
Then Visit:
https://www.facebook.com/120nairabonus/
https://sites.google.com/view/nairabonus

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by RaptObserver: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Black hoodlums

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by NobleStag007: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Bling bling pastor.

Sheeps will always be sheeps

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by BeanmanX(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
America isn
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Mrkumareze(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
What a disgrace shocked
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Boyooosa(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Wawu

1 Like

Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Ugmama(m): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Americaaaaa o!

So many attrocities in the City!!!!
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by kennyz247(m): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2022
even religious places and activities are not save again in Nigeria....
may God save/deliver us from this devilish end time party called APC.....
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by officialwdhtv: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Na wah
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by Bvlgari: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Video of the robbery. i posted about this yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHkH06XJv7Y
Re: Bishop Lamor Whitehead Robbed At Gunpoint While Delivering Sermon On Livestream by teebaxy(m): 6:48am On Jul 26, 2022
Location What sort of journalism is this?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herdsmen disguise as Okada men to smuggle weapons caught by Nigerian army / 500L UNIMAID Nursing Student Kidnapped, Raped, Robbed, Acid Poured On Her (Graph / Man Caught With Human Hands In Ekiti After Robbers Wrote Letter To Residents.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.