Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? (20224 Views)

Is ASUU Still Gonna Strike Today? / Good Evening People, Pls When Is ASUU Meeting Holding??? / Is ASUU Really Fighting For Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Bishops10(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2022
khadaffi:
I'll drop my comment. Let me cough first

Edit
This issue had been previously overflogged here on NL. I think around 2010 or 2011, before that NL crash .

ASUU is another political organisation. I pity for any silly student that joins ASUU in castigating the government. I graduated in 2007 and before I
graduated, every strike ASUU engaged in they kept saying they were fighting for student. And my questions has always been how? See I know my position is not the popular one but if we all sit down and apply common sense you will see the sense in what I'm saying. Now ask yourself, how many of these top ASUU chairman kids attends schools in Nigeria. If we are saying our leaders destroyed the country ASUU are among the leaders destroying Nigeria and the earlier Nigerians realise this the better. A Professor is a Nigerian leader, A VC is a Nigerian leader, etc

Now here is the crux of the matter. There is no reason why any of these civil servants (Doctors, teachers, journalists, Police, Army) should go on strike, I repeat no reason. In Nigeria however we have seen doctors going on strike abandoning patients who might even be on life support to die simply because government did not pay them enough. How crazy does that sound. It is also the same madness that has continually occurred in the teaching profession. Now I'm not holding brief for government. Nigerian government has been useless over the years to say the least. There is no civil servant that will tell you today that he/she is satisfied with what the government has done in their agency and praise the government. But how many of them do you see engaging frequently on strike? I want to use the Nigerian Army in this regard as a case study. These guys has never gone on strike even when it was clear that government bought fake bullet proof and all manner of nonsense that have been meted out on them. These guys are still on the job. It is not easy. It's not easy for anyone in this country and the least we would expect from unions is to alleviate or reduce the problem of the common man. My own humble submission is for government to either scrap the Union(ASUU) or they could make it in a manner that joining ASUU should not be mandatory. Rather there should be two or three recognised union where every staff can choose to join any and choose who and when you will pay your dues. The dues should not be automatic deduction from your salary. The Union are thieves and if NANS was still a credible union it should have engaged them seriously.

I expect to be insulted for this opinion though

The current President of ASUU Prof Osodeke Emmanuel, his children attended school here in Nigeria, Infact the same Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) Abia State where he Lectures.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by coputa(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

Leave them to argue blindly. They think lecturers are earning millions every month and want more money.

For every 10 cars you see lecturers drive, 8 are from loans and cooperatives. They can't save to buy a car, but here we are arguing that they shouldn't worry about salary but just dey teach empty headed students who spend more time having sex and smoking weed than reading.

Shebi cutoff Is now 140? Lmfao the best of the olodos are coming to the university now lmao
Nigeria university lecturers are the most corrupt,lazy and unproductive cretins in the world.you do not deserve the pay you are jostling for.you ain't teaching shit in your school,you abadon your students after selling poorly prepared copy and paste handout to them and junket to run part time lectures in private universities.you're evil,it's nemesis that has caught up with you guys.Dont worry,the government will soon break your wings.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2022
khadaffi:

If the average Nigerian parent does not train his child in the University, is that a crime? University Education is a scam and irrelevant. If the system was working, every SSCE holder should be able to get a decent job and start his/her life from there. If you then decide to further your education that should be your choice and responsibility not your parent. The system is failed that's why we rely on parents to still be training someone who is above 18 years. If we want our educational value to rise government should make the university autonomous. Most of the institution problems will even be solved faster. Sex for grades, incompetent lecturers, lecturers deliberately failing students and so on will be solved faster.

If University education is not a necessity....why do your politicians spend unavailable foreign currency on their children to get it overseas? You think they just like wasting money?....

Let them deceive you into accepting the tokens they dole out to you as the best returns available....it's in twenty twenty five years don that you'll know the disservice you're doing your lineage and offspring with this your tacit agreement to the destruction of tertiary education for the masses... University education is not necessary you say.... How many jobs adverts have you seen, where they pay reasonable sums for non graduates
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

I am not against your demands but for you to think only lecturers deserves such wage increase in the present day Nigeria where $1=N710 is too selfish.
We all go to the same market including the students you are frustrating their destiny.
Imagine if petroleum importers, aviation, police, medical doctors, civil servants all go on strike for 5 months demanding wage increase to #3000 per month to justify the present economic realities under buhari's maladministration

Oga make your own offer and stop all these rants. They knew they can't meet the agreement in 2009, why signing it? Put the allowances in the salary for workers so peace can reign instead of disbursing them in tranches in the name of 2009 agreement Earned allowances. Well you are an APC supporter and so no need wasting my strength on you.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2022
coputa:
Nigeria university lecturers are the most corrupt,lazy and unproductive cretins in the world.you do not deserve the pay you are jostling for.you ain't teaching shit in your school,you abadon your students after selling poorly prepared copy and paste handout to them and junket to run part time lectures in private universities.you're evil,it's nemesis that has caught up with you guys.Dont worry,the government will soon break your wings.

Maybe that is what obtains in your university...it's not a general thing...in most federal universities...selling of handouts is not allowed...only state unis get away with such a thing..... federal can only sell laboratory manuals...

If they're paid well....they won't have to run to private Unis for extra pay...it's stressful even for those who do it.

As for government breaking their wings...that's not possible... evey government is only limited to 8years maximum...ASUU outlives them

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by femicyrus(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Ninisun:

Oga make your own offer and stop all these rants. They knew they can't meet the agreement in 2009, why signing it? Put the allowances in the salary for workers so peace can reign instead of disbursing them in tranches in the name of 2009 agreement Earned allowances. Well you are an APC supporter and so no need wasting my strength on you.
Imagine!
2009 agreement was signed by buhari's maladministration. Smh
I wonder what course you teach your students.

I am not a politician talk less of being partisan

APC and PDP both have governors doing well in some States.
Buhari at the centre is the major problem not his political party
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by nathyx(m): 7:09am On Jul 28, 2022
This IPPS salary payment issue self affects only Federal workers that only 30% of lecturers nation wide why now jeopardize the entire nation cause of a few handful
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Paulheyman:

APC and propaganda. Lies and more lies

Shush. Whether they’re fighting for themselves or not, I believe the FG should accede to their demands to save our students.

FG needs to find legal ways to clip the wings of these Labour unions
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2022
Paulheyman:

They're documents containing ASUU demands. Please get a copy read and study it. That's if you're not an APC apologist.

Anything but APC anybody but tinumboo
oga I have gone through those demands back to back. It still focuses on their own welfare. Maybe you've been studying wetin no join.

Oga! Mind ya self o!!!

And Note, I'm strongly for OBI. Don't get it twisted. I call a spade a spade! Gbam!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by bularuz(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2022
Who is NANS fighting for?
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

Imagine!
2009 agreement was signed by buhari's maladministration. Smh
I wonder what course you teach your students.

I am not a politician talk less of being partisan

APC and PDP both have governors doing well in some States.
Buhari at the centre is the major problem not his political party

Whether Buhari or not, we are still under Nig government! Why not use your senses. Well your president has no educational cert so what do you expect from him. His kids schooled outside the country, I pity parents in all these wickedness by the present government.

The course I teach shouldn't be your business cus this same government used ASUU to blackmail PDP too which was far better in bringing solutions. All the taxes they deduct from ppl in the name of IPPIS, what is it used for? R.ubbish and please pack well with your sentiments.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

Aunty, it seems you do not realize that before you see strike, there must have been a lot of back and forth from govt and ASUU. You think they just wake up and strike? Hehehe God abeg.

Ok so wait, because they haven't met the demands, ASUU should call off the strike and go back to class because you want to graduate abi?

Isn't that foolishness? Give us an option that will work on govt other than strikes. I'm waiting.

They've talked. Severally

Sent letters. So many times.

Held meetings where govt will not show up, or will send one assistant to come and address ASUU.

So abeg, drop options let's look at them together.

I can now see all of you are delusional

Stupid people.

Which government will answer your cry?

Is it this same government that hàs turned a blind eye to the economic situations of the state?

You people should apply wisdom and continue the struggle after a new government comes into power
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=Auskyd post=115148884][/quote]

Yen Yen Yen

Then why is your chairman always saying "Let government sign the agreement for UTAS, and we will call off strike tonight"
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

No worry lmao. You never stay house reach. Shebi na ASUU be your problem and not the govt.

Try look for work or go to a private school. Tell your friends the same thing, cos this time, e go choke Wella.

If you don't like it, ask govt to sack everyone

Ehn God sees my heart that if I was the president.

I will sack everybody who has refused to work

Shebi you say you are mad ni
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by femicyrus(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2022
Ninisun:

Whether Buhari or not, we are still under Nig government! Why not use your senses. Well your president has no educational cert so what do you expect from him. His kids schooled outside the country, I pity parents in all these wickedness by the present government.

The course I teach shouldn't be your business cus this same government used ASUU to blackmail PDP too which was far better in bringing solutions. All the taxes they deduct from ppl in the name of IPPIS, what is it used for? R.ubbish and please pack well with your sentiments.
I think I now get you clearly.
It is all about blackmail not the interest of the students as widely painted
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

Lmfao you are just ranting like the child you are. All your politicians are sending their kids abroad and here you are giving yourself high BP over something that one signature from your president will end lmao.

You like suffering, don't worry. When you graduate, let's see the problems your papa go fit solve at a national level.

I'm sure you have graduates in your house. What have they contributed to making the world a better place? The world even far... What have they done to make your street a better one? If Dem go check now, Dem pay for project writing and had more D's and Es than As and Bs.

Lmfao asswipe.

The president is not signing anything, and we both know it.

Put yourself in the government shoes. You have few more months to leave power, and some clowns are asking for this and that. It will have being reasonable if their demands were monetary based, but they are also asking for their own payment platform because they have two heads.

Ask yourself, will you sign the agreement or just be looking to gather little remains for the later future.

Should I tell you what the government are doing with your withheld salaries?

They are using it to flex around while you people are busy living on loans. Awww so sad!

Stop punishing us, and let us resume.

The struggle continues in the next administration.

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

No worry, now. Shebi 120k is big money? That's the amount you will earn till tou die. If you get married, that's what you and your spouse will earn and you'll be comfortable with it. Amen.

Lol you think say na me you dey do? The phone I use to play Call of Duty Mobile will feed, clothe and house you.

I'm telling you facts, you think say I be ASUU. Lmao no go think of wetin you go use life do. Be here dragging ASUU when your govt politicians have kids that are graduating from the UK and US every year. Mumu

Your biggest contribution to nairaland is sex chat, and measurement of dick size. Not money, not business, not schooling. Just sex. Nothing upstairs except how to come online and create threads about sex.

You deserve Nigeria, buffoon.

What has my contribution to Nairaland got to do with this?

We all have X*X or don't you?

How does that affect this post?

Once again, there we have you displaying misplaced priorities.

Back to the matter, is the salary not increasing as the lecturer progresses with his Career?

The soldier have to wait 6-7 years before they can have 10k increment on their salaries. And here you are whyning

Arm robber will theif that your phone that you use to play call of duty.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2022
Judolisco:
was d protest close to what we had during endsars? U wan dey deceive yourself arbi? They've protested indeed... When students are ready to resume they will storm d streets and chase all d bad leaders out like protesters did in Sri Lanka

And risk being shot because of what?

Because of ASUU ridiculous demands.

I think when the students are ready to resume. We will shun and protest ASUU.

Selfish people
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by gaspology(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=Ninisun post=115149400]

If they didn't bring those people to represent the department during the accreditation, you for graduate The government should improve their salaries! Is that too much to ask?[/quote
You just missed the point. I advise you go back and reread my write-up with out bias or sentiment. Only then you'll get the point
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2022
Paulheyman:

You think people call APC an evil party for nothing. You always look stupid trying to defend incompetence. That's how a bright mind like him can go

The same APC that you campaigned for in 2015. Swear that you did not join them to shout Saibaba back then.

We all brought this upon ourselves, and we've learnt our lessons.

Reserve your comments and strike until the next administration
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2022
Judolisco:
was d protest close to what we had during endsars? U wan dey deceive yourself arbi? They've protested indeed... When students are ready to resume they will storm d streets and chase all d bad leaders out like protesters did in Sri Lanka

Speaking on this, the ENDSARS protest was funded by Yahoo boys who have millions and billions in their account.

Which Yahoo boy will want to support this protest with funds?

The students have tried their best, it's up to you people to be reasonable
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2022
Paulheyman:

If only ASUU had embarked on this strike long time ago once and for all, then maybe we won't be here today.

During my years in the university I had same thinking pattern with you. ASUU need to stand their ground once and for all and get a long lasting solution. The lectures can always scheduled academic activities to accommodate students. I am a beneficiary of the corona virus strike

It will pain you more if after so many years your children also embarked on strike too.

Solidarity for ever

Stay blessed

GOD WILL PUNISH YOU.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Paulheyman:

APC and propaganda. Lies and more lies

Why do you people keep dragging Apc Into this matter?

ARE YOU MAD OR SOMETHING
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2022
pfadom:
You're very correct.

First and foremost, the NLC is simply hypocritical. No nationwide protest to defend the masses who cry and groan under:
° hunger
° poverty
° insecurity
° unemployment
° blackout
° fuel scarcity
° hike in prices of cooking gas
° deregulation of kerosene
° extremely low wages
° CBN governor turned politician
° corruption in high places especially the accountant general of the federation

Who is deceiving who?

ASUU's demand is outrageous. Imagine 180% payrise. Is it not selfish? How much do other civil servant earn? Are we not buying from the same market.

Bunch of selfish, inefficient, unproductive full time staff delivering part-time service.

It's high time the autonomy becomes fully activated.

Autonomy, but the government is paying.
Autonomy, yet you want to determine pay rise and how you want to be paid.
Autonomy, but you want government to develop infrastructure.
Autonomy, yet the government should not touch tuition fee.

ASUU benchmarks with South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, etc, yet they know that education is not cheap in those countries. We are still deceiving ourselves.

The representatives of the government in those negotiations are even clueless and technically empty.

They are selfish, stupid and I can't even think of what other words to qualify them with
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

I am not against your demands but for you to think only lecturers deserves such wage increase in the present day Nigeria where $1=N710 is too selfish.
We all go to the same market including the students you are frustrating their destiny.
Imagine if petroleum importers, aviation, police, medical doctors, civil servants all go on strike for 5 months demanding wage increase to #3000 per month to justify the present economic realities under buhari's maladministration

Let's not forget to mention that Buhari does not care about them. I don't think he even recognize their body.

After all, he did not pass through the process
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2022
Hueyreckless0007:

Dude, WTF has Tinubu got to do with the post I made??

I just tire

They are using it to derail the thread
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2022
coputa:
Nigeria university lecturers are the most corrupt,lazy and unproductive cretins in the world.you do not deserve the pay you are jostling for.you ain't teaching shit in your school,you abadon your students after selling poorly prepared copy and paste handout to them and junket to run part time lectures in private universities.you're evil,it's nemesis that has caught up with you guys.

Dont worry,the government will soon break your wings.

Where is the lie in this? They are just theives
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2022
Ninisun:

I don't think the government knew what they were doing when they signed that ridiculous agreement.

I think the agreement was signed under pressure
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by femicyrus(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2022
Queensee:

Let's not forget to mention that Buhari does not care about them. I don't think he even recognize their body.

After all, he did not pass through the process
The only thing buhari recognizes is the stairs leading to the presidential jet. It does not matter where the jet is going.
He recently jetted out to deliver lecture on security when abuja is under terrorist attack.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2022
Queensee:

I can now see all of you are delusional

Stupid people.

Which government will answer your cry?

Is it this same government that hàs turned a blind eye to the economic situations of the state?

You people should apply wisdom and continue the struggle after a new government comes into power

Stupid you doesn't know that government is treated as one. It doesn't start and end with one government. It is in continuum. You won't know sha as you spend all your time looking for where to fornicate lmfao.

Bye bye.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2022
Queensee:

What has my contribution to Nairaland got to do with this?

We all have X*X or don't you?

How does that affect this post?

Once again, there we have you displaying misplaced priorities.

Back to the matter, is the salary not increasing as the lecturer progresses with his Career?

The soldier have to wait 6-7 years before they can have 10k increment on their salaries. And here you are whyning

Arm robber will theif that your phone that you use to play call of duty.

Lmfao I have money to buy 10 more, fool. And I don't do Bleep like you. Im Well trained, and I don't need to come online to show how much I need or must have sex like you and everyone in your house. Smh. Disgrace.

I don't need money from federal govt to do it. Don't worry. Everything you think is normal, will happen to you. You will work for 7 years and see only 10k increment in your salary. You will slave away all your life for 120k which will be enough for you and your family.

Finally, you will see the man that will give you endless thrusting to satisfy your crazy libido as that's all you care about in this life. Lol.

Person wey wan graduate no even know the difference between thief and steal. And you probably use one Tecno that is why your autocorrect isn't up to date to help you correct the sentence. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) / Kwara’s Hijab Controversy Continues Despite Govt’s Directive / Which Of The Characters Below Describe You Back Then In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.